Start by marking “What the Heart Wants” as Want to Read:
What the Heart Wants

What the Heart Wants

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  18 ratings  ·  15 reviews
It was a chance to follow my heart.
With my camera and an around-the-world ticket,
I arrived in Stockholm with a plan
to satisfy my wanderlust
to build my dream career.

Then I met Niklas,
my hot, moody neighbor
with questionable manners and a fresh gash over his eye.

I thought I knew where I was going
when I left my old life behind.
But what if my heart wants
two different things
Published March 15th 2019 by Rebecca Hunter

To ask other readers questions about What the Heart Wants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What the Heart Wants

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of What the Heart Wants
Coco.V
Apr 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/15/2019)! 🎁
Sissy's Romance Book Review
What the Heart Wants by Rebecca Hunter is book one in the Foreign Hearts Series. This starts the story of Niklas and Caroline. Caroline takes off for Stockholm where she meets her hot neighbor. Sparks fly but its a slow burn of a take off but its a good read. This book doesn't end their story as this author will be giving up more to come.
Rochelle
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by Rebecca Hunter that I have read and I am happy to say it won’t be my last. The book did start off kinda slow but I was ok with that because once the story picks up, it is hard to put down. You get pulled into the emotions that the both characters are feeling. You want to root for the characters to find their happiness. I can’t wait to dive into the next book.
Ahana M Rao (Heart’s Content)
I received an ARC of this book from the Author. While I’m thankful for the opportunity, the gesture has in no way influenced my review.

So, when I saw the offer for an ARC of this book, I looked the book up. I read the blurb and there was a strangely there interest even though blurb reveals just a little bit. When I started reading however, I found that with each page I was more and more engrossed in Niklas and Caroline’s story.

Their relationship has been intense since day numero uno. Yes they’r
Emma Luna
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
Book: What the Heart Wants (Foreign Hearts Book 1)
Author: Rebecca Hunter
Rating: 4.5 stars
Reviewer: emmasromanticreviews17 on Facebook
Note: I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Aww this book is so incredibly good, I don’t even know where to start. If you are looking for a sweet, classic story that shows how two people can fall in love in a short space of time then this book is for you. I guarantee it will make you smile and will give you all the feels, but mostly it will reconfirm y
Christine C
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Caroline has left her old life behind to finally follow her dream of traveling the world and taking photographs. She has a job with a travel magazine doing interviews of expats and is in Stockholm for a month, staying in a borrowed apartment and reconnecting with her college best friend. They are trying to find ways for Caroline to supplement her income and fund her trip, when sports photography is suggested. She doesn't have a lot of experience with it, but it's not the studio work she was stuc ...more
Ali (Our Book Boyfriends) Flores
3.5 stars ~ Caroline is a photographer looking forward to traveling after realizing she had put it off too long for the wrong guy. Her first stop - Stockholm, Sweden, where she encounters Niklas, a notorious hockey player that makes her question everything.
Caroline and Niklas have an instant attraction to each other. I just wanted a bit more of a connection to shine through. I wanted to understand their connection a little better. There was a lot of mystery to Niklas, but it didn't come off as i
Jennie Seaman
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Finally, he touched my skin. A spark of hot desire simmered though me, strong and unexpected. I drew in a sharp breath, and he stepped back immediately."

I fell in love with Caroline and Niklas almost immediately when starting this book. I have always wanted to do what Caroline is and just drop everything and hop on a plane. I loved that she was able to get away from a bad relationship and put herself first. I also love the angsty heroes like Niklas is. He was the perfect amount of brooding and
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it

This book is so ridiculously good! It’s such a sweet, heartwarming story that shows how two people can fall for each other in a short space of time. It made me smile and gave me all the feels.

I really enjoyed this story. I loved the main characters. They are very likeable, real, and had great depth. Their connection is gorgeous. I loved the way the Rebecca captured their intense feelings towards each other. She has written a beautiful story that I devoured.

Overall, this book was beautiful, and
JMV
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Received through New Adult Book Club from the author for a honest review. Caroline is finally start her adventure that she has dream of for ever. Leaving behind her comfortable life in Detroit, she is hoping to write and photographing her way around the world. First stop Stockholm.... where Caroline never thought she would run into a hot brooding neighbor. Niklas is not up for friend, attention or even his picture taken. But running into his new neighbor makes him rethink his life.
Hot chemistry
Caroline Jackson
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars!
I enjoyed this book as a light read, and it didn’t hurt that I shared a name with the protagonist. Niklas and Caroline have good chemistry and from Rebecca’s way of telling the story, I could empathize with their problems. The reason I gave it a 4 was because I feel like they were missing something. Even though I was drawn in by the writing, their struggles and overcoming them, and the character development, I didn’t feel as connected to them as I wanted to. I think it’s more of
Kelly Williams
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received and ARC in exchange for an honest review. Great read a bit slow to the start but when it picks up you get engrossed. I was a bit bummed a the ending. I felt right where their relationship took of the book ended. I really like these 2 characters and I cannot wait to read on their next adventure.
Zoa Short
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! The characters are likable and their connection is amazing. I loved the way the writer captured their intense feelings towards each other. It is one of the few books that I could lose myself in and only looked up once I have finished it. Good read!
*~Alicia~*
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first read by this author, and I really enjoyed her writing style. The story had a nice flow to it and kept my interest throughout.

Bookworm Bells
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book for an open and honest review..I did enjoy this book, it took me a little while to get into it, I'd say maybe a few chapters but once it got going it took off and was really great.
I thought it was a very well written book about love, change and soul searching, I'd say it was very maturely written but that's not what I want to get across, I don't mean it's old, it was very smartly written the characters had such a good depth and were very together and real.
Caroline
Kathleen
Lorraine Dias
Romance Retreat: Meet your new favorite hockey hero! 1 8 Mar 19, 2019 04:00PM

• Top Secret
  • Out of the Red (The Hunte Family #1)
  • On the Rocks (Becker Brothers, #1)
  • The Very Thought of You (Calamity Falls)
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • The Cursed Series, Parts 1 & 2  (If I'd Known/Knowing You)
  • Art of Sin (Illusions Duet #1)
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • Bennett Mafia
  • Repeat
  • Best of Me
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • Sin of Love (Illusions Duet #2)
  • Mistletoe Over Manhattan
  • Inspired
  • Method
  • Savior (Voyeur, #3)
  • Crayson
"The characters are likable and believable, and the sexual chemistry is intense. For those looking for a quick, smoking-hot read, this latest from Hunter will be sure to set them on fire while still embracing a romantic, feel-good vibe." - from Library Journal's starred review of Best Laid Plans

"Hunter has written her protagonists with great depth, carefully revealing how their pasts have shaped t

News & Interviews