Start by marking “While I Was Away” as Want to Read:

While I Was Away

You were in a car accident.

They say true love can last forever.

You hit your head, which caused your brain to swell.

Can span any distance, stretch across time, last beyond death.

The pressure against your skull damaged your brain.

Which leads one to wonder …

The damage left you unresponsive to most kinds of stimuli.

If you fall in love in your dreams,

And this unresponsive state
Kindle Edition, 1st edition
Published March 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about While I Was Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about While I Was Away

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

descriptionI have ZERO idea where to start with this review. As of this moment this book sits on the top of my list for best book I have read so far this year. This story completely blew me away, and I teared up SO many times. I will leave this review somewhat vague because I think this story is best experienced without a lot of prior knowledge. Just trust me you'll want to read this book as soon as it is released.

description
So onto the deets...this was an amazingly well-written book. A good portion of it had an alm
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic WHILE I WAS AWAY: Is a full length standalone romance novel by Stylo Fantome. Spoken in multiple POVs Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Whilst at a co-workers birthday party, Adele Reins and her long term boyfriend Charlie Kassen end their three year relationship amicably both realising how stagnant it had become.

Driving home that very night they are in a car accident leaving her in comatose state in hospital, her family is beyond themselves, especially her brothers (River, Ocean, and August) who berate themselves that they
warhawke
Genre: Romantic Drama
Type: Standalone
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Adele Reins decided to make a major change in her life. Sad of letting go, but excited with new possibilities, she never thought a single blink could possibly change the course of her life.

“Love isn't always easy or fair, but that doesn't stop it from being true.”

Before starting this book I had completely no idea what it’s about. I’m happy to say I really enjoyed it, especially that it touched on a subject I’m fascinated with. I a
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

With a touch of surrealism, Stylo Fantome explores the thoughts of a comatose woman and the strange awakening she has. Adele Reins is departing from a party after making a major life decision when she and another are in a car crash. Life continues to go on, but Adele is trapped inside a world in her head filled with brilliantly colored poppies, ever changing scenery, and a man who leaves such an impact that it is he she thinks of her when she final
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
What happens to people when they are in a coma? They say that the person can often hear people talking to them but where do they really go? This thought is explored in this really interesting story from Stylo.

Adele is the victim of a car accident one night and as a result, slips into a coma. She is the youngest child in her family and has three older brothers. While the family struggles to come to terms with what has happened we are treated to alternate chapters of them and what is going on for
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, beta, emotional, deep, romance
Review to come.....very unique feels!!
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it

4.5 captivating stars!

“I’ve got you, I’ll fall with you. Just let go.”

Have you ever read a scene in a book, a romantic scene that speaks so much to the heart, is so incredibly profound and beautiful it quite literally takes your breath away? Well, we experienced exactly that in While You Were Away. We experienced a moment so sincere and beautiful we had to take time to fully absorb every meaningful word through heartfelt tears. Wow! What a moment!

“Always,” he whispered. “Always remember me,
The Book Bee
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 4.5 STARS
"You and I, we're something bigger. Something better."

Fantastical
Mystical
Eclectic
Mind Boggling
Super Natural
Wonderous

I can use any and all of those words to describe this newest addicting romance by Stylo Fantome. I picked up the book and never put it down. What a trip!!! If you like a different type of read, one that makes you think outside the normal spectrum of reality, this is the book for you. This book, for me, was seriously a one-off from my norm, but also one that has m
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
“How can I love someone I've never met?”
“Someone I don't really know?”

Well...stylo does the unthinkable and shows you HOW!!!
A stunning story oscillating between fantasy and reality till they sync orbits and merge as one love story

description

Compelling and captivating, it's a story of a young girl- Adele Reins, who's in a coma after her horrible accident. She'd been feeling detached and dispassionate for a long time and the accident just happens at the wrong juncture of her life.
Nothing, and yet ... s
Naughty Mom Story Time
5+ Stars

I don’t think I have access to the words that would do this review just. I’m in utter AWE of the originality of this story. I’m STUNNED by the incredibly beautiful imagery of the sceneries and landscapes this story took me to. I’m BREATHLESS from the amount of emotion this story evoked in me. My heart soared at all the highs and was in free fall during all the lows...but one thing is for certain, my heart was in this story from the very beginning. And now that the story has ended, I feel
Betul
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

While I Was Away is about Adele, who falls into a deep coma after an accident, where she meets and finds her soulmate. This plot isn't explored that often in contemporary romance, but I think it was refreshing and also unpredictable. So why the three star rating you may ask. It was just too fast-paced. I just couldn't connect to the characters, and I felt that they grew close very quickly. One moment Adele falls into a coma, and the second she is
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
By: Stylo Fantome
4 Stars

Stylo Fantome has certainly made a name with me in her ability to write stories that make you think while reading them. This one was no exception!

Adele has been in a coma for 4 months, living the life. Celebrating and traveling all the things she loves. Her companion Jones certainly takes her to some fantastic places. It’s just the life she had always dreamed about living.

Jones never answers the many questions that Adele is asking. It’s more of a riddle
Debbie
4.5 Stars

This story was like a magical fairy tale romance smashing headlong into reality, parts of each bleeding into the other. My emotions were all over the place and my brain was in over drive. It was such a hauntingly beautiful story that reminded me of the kind of romance I dreamed of as pre-teen, when all things were possible, where fated lovers and soulmates overcame all odds and all obstacles to be together. Only this was real, wasn't it? ;)

While I was Away was all the things I've come
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019

4.5 captivating stars!

“I’ve got you, I’ll fall with you. Just let go.”

“Always,” he whispered. “Always remember me,
CC

One night, Adele Reins realizes she wants more out of life and love. After making a big decision, Adele is in a car accident and suffers a head trauma. While recovering, she has vivid experiences that weave into her memory creating a grey area of fantasy and reality. But when Adele realizes the connection, she has to convince others of the truth.

“But where is here?” “Here is now.” “Now?” “Now was then. Now we’re here.”

Playing significant roles in this story are Adele’s three brothers, a best
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Reading a book written by Stylo Fantome equals a journey into the unknown. She never ceases to amaze me. I should have known by now that reading the blurb of “while I was away” would do nothing in the way of preparing me for what was to follow actually reading the book.

Already wayyyyyyy before this book came I gave exactly this kind of plot a lot of thoughts due to some private reasons. So it was a no brainer that I had to see how Ms. Fantome worked on the obstacles and logistics. And she did g
 LizLovesToRead
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
6+++ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It was all just a dream.....

photo PicsArt_03-14-08.40.39_zpsbfp4etef.jpg

This story will keep you guessing, It'll keep you on your toes (I didn't see one part coming) it may even make you cry. But I can guarantee it will make you happy.

Adele, what a brave and endering woman. Very lucky to have such a great family, she was very much loved.

Those Rein men - they'll have you begging for more!. #ItsReiningMen

JONES, JONES, JONES, JONES X 100.

photo PicsArt_03-14-08.55.25_zpsl6owk5yq.jpg

GOD DID I LOVE OCEAN, and his story...in a story - which I LOVED.

photo PicsArt_03-14-09.06.19_zps4jwapgss.png

ARC provided by
Nightbird Novels
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Adele Reins has no idea that the overwhelming feeling she has that she is missing something important in her life would be solved by one horrific car accident. The man of her dreams may be the product of her coma.... but when dreaming feels better than being awake ever did... how will she return to real life, ever again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While I Was Away was a haunting story of fate and the depth of feelings of finding your one true love. Adele's journey consists
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Oohhh it’s been a while since I read one of this authors stories. I was so excited to read it and I definitely wasn’t disappointed.

While I was Away is the story of Adele who’s in a coma. She takes us on a journey while she’s in a coma. Along with her story we get a secondary story which I also liked.

There’s loads I could say about the storyline but I really do suggest you jump in blind and read it. This is truly a beautiful story that you need to read for yourself.

I can’t wait to read more fr
Flo Grugel
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved While I Was Away!
Adele and Jones story is like nothing I've read before, I felt like I was in a constant dreamlike state whilst reading and it will have you considering if there is some other level between life and death.
It's a little bit out there, a little bit thought provoking and I personally think that Stylo Fantòme smashed it.
My heart broke for Adele and Jones very near the end and I loved all the other little stories including Adeles brothers and her friend Zoey that were happe
Meghana Sarathy
This was...... UNIQUE and so DIFFERENT. I've never read a book like this before and this uniqueness is what truly stands out in this book. It's very hard to write a review for this book without giving away the storyline (which I don't want to) so I'll try to base my review on how reacted with the book proceedings.
Firstly, a small warning. This can't be put into a particular genre at all. It's romance - yes but it transcends the others genre and is kind of like a mismash between various genre and
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

I have read a few stories in the past year or so where there were accidents, comas etc, however While I Was Away was amazing in a completely different way to what I have read in the past.

I don't know how to put into words what I have felt reading this book. I had more than a few WTF moments as I was reading, and there might have been a few "what are you doing to them"s thrown the author's way too.

I felt like I was being swept away in a dream with our lovelies as
Casey ~BookObsessionConfessions~
“How can I love someone I've never met?” he asked. “Someone I don't really know?”

How do you fall in love during a coma? It’s insane to even think of the possibility, but Stylo Fantome shows you how it could be possible in this gripping and unique romantic drama.

“Just because you can't recognize me,” she started. “Doesn't mean your soul can't.”

Books like this is why I read. They make the impossible seem possible, and make you question if it’s really even impossible at all and this book ha
Stylo Fantome
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I spent A LOT of time and emotions and thoughts on this book.

Did you ever watch that cheesy movie "Simply Irresistible", the one with Sarah Michelle Gellar? It's not necessarily "good", but … it's also not bad HAHAHAHA In the movie, she's a chef, and also possibly-unknowingly a witch, who cooks her emotions into the dishes she creates (and along the way enticing, she accidentally entices a young and HOT Sean Patrick Flanery! He alone makes it worth watching).

And basically, I try to capture the s
Mimiorphee
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc
"Here is now.”

I absolutely love diving into a new Stylo Fantôme without reading the blurb, I love the surprise. And what a surprise it was! Stylo once again explored a new thematic, in a stunning universe and a gripping story.
“You won't lose me,” she promised. “You'll fall!”“Fall with me.”

The visual I had all along was vivid and truly dashing. The colors, the paintings, the scenery seemed to a be a part of the book, as much as the characters and their emotions.
“Love isn't always easy or f
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Where do I start with this review..... I have no idea because this is one of those stories that is so amazing you can't do a review without giving away the story because you want to tell you the reader so much because this is one story you have to read.

I had so many emotions reading this book, I cried and I laughed and I got a little angry with this story. I just could not believe what I was reading and Jones and Adele are amazing in this story. The story is told by Adele who is in a coma and s
Erica Chilson
I received a free copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

3.5 Baffling Stars

Excuse me for this incoherent review. In truth, I have no idea how to truly review the novel.

While I Was Away was most certainly original and unique, yet I wasn't blown away. There was just something that kept me from fully engaging with the story and the characters. There are many points-of-view, offering a different take on the world in which this takes place. Adele, her three brothers, her best friend,
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

While I Was Away is a book that deeply impacted me. As usual I didnt read the blurb before I started it (specially because Stylo is one of those authors I trust implicity), so when I started reading the book it caught me by surprise.

I didn't think I would be able to keep reading the story. Not because it is bad or not written well, just the opposite. But I recently have been through the hardest thing I had to go through in my entire life and the
Meredith Wilson
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"From the first moment I met you, I knew you. Our souls were meant to meet, and will always meet. In this lifetime, in the next, in any reality, in any dream, wherever, whenever. I believe in that."

d979237396a679274f08f9736f9be989

I am honestly at a loss for words as to how to start this review. I've read a couple of books by this author before and they were dark, raw and gritty. While I Was Away was nothing like that. It's a very unusual and original tale of a beautiful and intense love between two kindred spirits. But it's no
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Crazy woman from a remote location in Alaska (where the need for a creative mind is a necessity!), I have been writing since ... forever? Yeah, that sounds about right. I have been told that I remind people of Lucille Ball - I also see shades of Jennifer Saunders, and Denis Leary. So basically, I laugh a lot, I'm clumsy a lot, and I say the F-word A LOT.

I like dogs more than I like most people, an