Start by marking “While I Was Away” as Want to Read:

While I Was Away

You were in a car accident.

They say true love can last forever.

You hit your head, which caused your brain to swell.

Can span any distance, stretch across time, last beyond death.

The pressure against your skull damaged your brain.

Which leads one to wonder …

The damage left you unresponsive to most kinds of stimuli.

If you fall in love in your dreams,

And this unresponsive state
Kindle Edition, 1st edition
Published March 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about While I Was Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about While I Was Away

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

descriptionI have ZERO idea where to start with this review. As of this moment this book sits on the top of my list for best book I have read so far this year. This story completely blew me away, and I teared up SO many times. I will leave this review somewhat vague because I think this story is best experienced without a lot of prior knowledge. Just trust me you'll want to read this book as soon as it is released.

description
So onto the deets...this was an amazingly well-written book. A good portion of it had an alm
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic WHILE I WAS AWAY: Is a full length standalone romance novel by Stylo Fantome. Spoken in multiple POVs Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Whilst at a co-workers birthday party, Adele Reins and her long term boyfriend Charlie Kassen end their three year relationship amicably both realising how stagnant it had become.

Driving home that very night they are in a car accident leaving her in comatose state in hospital, her family is beyond themselves, especially her brothers (River, Ocean, and August) who berate themselves that they
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
What happens to people when they are in a coma? They say that the person can often hear people talking to them but where do they really go? This thought is explored in this really interesting story from Stylo.

Adele is the victim of a car accident one night and as a result, slips into a coma. She is the youngest child in her family and has three older brothers. While the family struggles to come to terms with what has happened we are treated to alternate chapters of them and what is going on for
Carlene Inspired
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, I'm done for after that! (in a good way, of course)

REVIEW TO COME!
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
“How can I love someone I've never met?”
“Someone I don't really know?”

Well...stylo does the unthinkable and shows you HOW!!!
A stunning story oscillating between fantasy and reality till they sync orbits and merge as one love story

description

Compelling and captivating, it's a story of a young girl- Adele Reins, who's in a coma after her horrible accident. She'd been feeling detached and dispassionate for a long time and the accident just happens at the wrong juncture of her life.
Nothing, and yet ... s
Betul
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

While I Was Away is about Adele, who falls into a deep coma after an accident, where she meets and finds her soulmate. This plot isn't explored that often in contemporary romance, but I think it was refreshing and also unpredictable. So why the three star rating you may ask. It was just too fast-paced. I just couldn't connect to the characters, and I felt that they grew close very quickly. One moment Adele falls into a coma, and the second she is
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
By: Stylo Fantome
4 Stars

Stylo Fantome has certainly made a name with me in her ability to write stories that make you think while reading them. This one was no exception!

Adele has been in a coma for 4 months, living the life. Celebrating and traveling all the things she loves. Her companion Jones certainly takes her to some fantastic places. It’s just the life she had always dreamed about living.

Jones never answers the many questions that Adele is asking. It’s more of a riddle
warhawke
Genre: Romantic Drama
Type: Standalone
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Adele Reins decided to make a major change in her life. Sad of letting go, but excited with new possibilities, she never thought a single blink could possibly change the course of her life.

“Love isn't always easy or fair, but that doesn't stop it from being true.”

Before starting this book I had completely no idea what it’s about. I’m happy to say I really enjoyed it, especially that it touched on a subject I’m fascinated with. I a
Naughty Mom Story Time
5+ Stars

I don’t think I have access to the words that would do this review just. I’m in utter AWE of the originality of this story. I’m STUNNED by the incredibly beautiful imagery of the sceneries and landscapes this story took me to. I’m BREATHLESS from the amount of emotion this story evoked in me. My heart soared at all the highs and was in free fall during all the lows...but one thing is for certain, my heart was in this story from the very beginning. And now that the story has ended, I feel
Debbie
4.5 Stars

This story was like a magical fairy tale romance smashing headlong into reality, parts of each bleeding into the other. My emotions were all over the place and my brain was in over drive. It was such a hauntingly beautiful story that reminded me of the kind of romance I dreamed of as pre-teen, when all things were possible, where fated lovers and soulmates overcame all odds and all obstacles to be together. Only this was real, wasn't it? ;)

While I was Away was all the things I've come
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Reading a book written by Stylo Fantome equals a journey into the unknown. She never ceases to amaze me. I should have known by now that reading the blurb of “while I was away” would do nothing in the way of preparing me for what was to follow actually reading the book.

Already wayyyyyyy before this book came I gave exactly this kind of plot a lot of thoughts due to some private reasons. So it was a no brainer that I had to see how Ms. Fantome worked on the obstacles and logistics. And she did g
 LizLovesToRead
6+++ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It was all just a dream.....

photo PicsArt_03-14-08.40.39_zpsbfp4etef.jpg

This story will keep you guessing, It'll keep you on your toes (I didn't see one part coming) it may even make you cry. But I can guarantee it will make you happy.

Adele, what a brave and endering woman. Very lucky to have such a great family, she was very much loved.

Those Rein men - they'll have you begging for more!. #ItsReiningMen

JONES, JONES, JONES, JONES X 100.

photo PicsArt_03-14-08.55.25_zpsl6owk5yq.jpg

GOD DID I LOVE OCEAN, and his story...in a story - which I LOVED.

photo PicsArt_03-14-09.06.19_zps4jwapgss.png

ARC provided by
Meghana Sarathy
This was...... UNIQUE and so DIFFERENT. I've never read a book like this before and this uniqueness is what truly stands out in this book. It's very hard to write a review for this book without giving away the storyline (which I don't want to) so I'll try to base my review on how reacted with the book proceedings.
Firstly, a small warning. This can't be put into a particular genre at all. It's romance - yes but it transcends the others genre and is kind of like a mismash between various genre and
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

I have read a few stories in the past year or so where there were accidents, comas etc, however While I Was Away was amazing in a completely different way to what I have read in the past.

I don't know how to put into words what I have felt reading this book. I had more than a few WTF moments as I was reading, and there might have been a few "what are you doing to them"s thrown the author's way too.

I felt like I was being swept away in a dream with our lovelies as
Nightbird Novels
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Adele Reins has no idea that the overwhelming feeling she has that she is missing something important in her life would be solved by one horrific car accident. The man of her dreams may be the product of her coma.... but when dreaming feels better than being awake ever did... how will she return to real life, ever again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While I Was Away was a haunting story of fate and the depth of feelings of finding your one true love. Adele's journey consists
Flo Grugel
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved While I Was Away!
Adele and Jones story is like nothing I've read before, I felt like I was in a constant dreamlike state whilst reading and it will have you considering if there is some other level between life and death.
It's a little bit out there, a little bit thought provoking and I personally think that Stylo Fantòme smashed it.
My heart broke for Adele and Jones very near the end and I loved all the other little stories including Adeles brothers and her friend Zoey that were happe
Meredith Wilson
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"From the first moment I met you, I knew you. Our souls were meant to meet, and will always meet. In this lifetime, in the next, in any reality, in any dream, wherever, whenever. I believe in that."

d979237396a679274f08f9736f9be989

I am honestly at a loss for words as to how to start this review. I've read a couple of books by this author before and they were dark, raw and gritty. While I Was Away was nothing like that. It's a very unusual and original tale of a beautiful and intense love between two kindred spirits. But it's no
Donna
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have no clue where to begin in writing this review. If I am honest I am a little frightened in writing it as I feel this book needs to be experienced by the reader first hand. So if my review seem to be a little empty then it was done for a reason.

Now this book was written really well. When I first started this book I had a WTF moment, it felt like I was reading a Lewis Caroll book, it had an Alice feel to it, in parts. If I am honest I wasn't sure I wanted to continue reading. You'll probabl
Casey ~BookObsessionConfessions~
Books like this is why I read. They make the impossible seem possible, or is it really even impossible at all? I guess that depends on the reader, the believer or non-believer.

My head is still reeling from this magical book. It touched my soul and sparked new belief in me. Words fail me at the moment.

I need to let the beauty of this book sink in a little more before I leave a full review because I’m still living in the now with these unforgettable characters.
Jess
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*“What if this is a dream?”*

If you loved the movie, While You Were Sleeping and Just Like Heaven, I think this is definitely a book for you. Adele feels like something is missing in her life and just as she resolves to make a change, Fate decides to kick-start that change. What is brilliant about this story is that we not only get to see life continue on around Adele but what’s happening with Adele. Life hasn’t stopped and as the reader we see the ripple effects one moment can have on the people
Shelby
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy to read & review for Wicked Reads*
Stylo Fantome is one of my favorite authors, and this story had it's good points and it's bad points.
Lets start with the positive.
I really enjoyed the 1st half of this book. Charlie and Adele have decided that maybe they aren't meant to stay together forever (I really love how they handled this). Together, they agree that this is the end - there's no dramatics, or rage. Unfortunately their last moments together involve a nasty accident.
Clare Harrison
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She wanted more than what they had, it had been a long time coming, but now it was time.. time to say goodbye to him.

Then fate stole her away. Took away everything, and gave her a new world.

One where riddles were rife but through it all was he.

He gave his time, his love and his memories for she was special.

They together could be anything, will cruel fate let them be or steal her back?

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh oh my gosh!! this is IT!!! that one read that destroys you but fills your heart at the s
Shelli
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't quite know what to expect from this book going in, but I've never been disappointed by one of Stylo Fantome's books before... and her record holds! Her writing just blows me away! This book was so unusual, but so filled with emotion! I've wondered before what a person experiences in a coma; after reading this book, I can easily imagine it being similar to her description.
I really liked Adele, who was ready for a change, ready to move on in her life, when she's in an accident and ends u
Vickie
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I finished this late last night and wanted to get my thoughts in order before I even attempted to write a review. I haven’t slept. This story is stuck in my head and my heart. I’ve spent all night thinking about the characters and what they go through. I love a book that makes me think and this one...this is something special. I’m not going in to details at all. The blurb tells you everything you need to know going in to this book and there’s nothing I can add without spoiling it.

I’ve
Anne Milne
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are some books that defy description and this is one. I'm really unsure how to explain it, I know it made me think and feel so much. Do you believe in soul mates, that somewhere out there is the one. You may never meet that person or fate will put you in the right place at the wrong time. Everything I could say about the story is a spoiler. I was swept along with the pure love of this story the possibility of finding your soul mate. All the characters add something to the story, I don't kn ...more
Phyl
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
Going by the cover I knew this was not going to be an ordinary story. I loved the beginning I thought it was sweet and endearing. The way her and Charlie both knew something was not quite right. The car accident happens next and this is when things get interesting and weird, like a come Jesus moment. Dazed and confused, heaven or purgatory. It felt very trippy dippy. While she’s away (comatose) her family which consist of parents and three brother Ocean, River and August (love the name
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I can't even begin to put into words how much this book blew me away. You never know what you're going to get with this author. But as always she has written a perfectly emotional book with such great characters. There were times I thought my heart just might beat out of my chest with the amount of emotions I was feeling. This is one author I will always read, you definitely need to read this one. I wish I could give it more than five stars, the book really deserves more.
Erica Chilson
I received a free copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

3.5 Baffling Stars

Excuse me for this incoherent review. In truth, I have no idea how to truly review the novel.

While I Was Away was most certainly original and unique, yet I wasn't blown away. There was just something that kept me from fully engaging with the story and the characters. There are many points-of-view, offering a different take on the world in which this takes place. Adele, her three brothers, her best friend,
Readingtilthebreakofdawn
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
"I don't know you, and yet...you own me. That isn't right. It's not fair. It's.....Scary."

This book is so different, but at the core, it's a love story. It's beautiful. It's heartbreaking. It's understanding. It's ugly. It's LOVE. Love between family. Love between friends. Love between souls. It's magical.
Stylo Fantôme takes two characters that have lost something between them (Adele and Charlie) and makes them work on a total different relationship. Once that happens, something else takes plac
« previous 1 3 next »
Crazy woman from a remote location in Alaska (where the need for a creative mind is a necessity!), I have been writing since ... forever? Yeah, that sounds about right. I have been told that I remind people of Lucille Ball - I also see shades of Jennifer Saunders, and Denis Leary. So basically, I laugh a lot, I'm clumsy a lot, and I say the F-word A LOT.

I like dogs more than I like most people, an