Start by marking “While I Was Away” as Want to Read:

While I Was Away

You were in a car accident.

They say true love can last forever.

You hit your head, which caused your brain to swell.

Can span any distance, stretch across time, last beyond death.

The pressure against your skull damaged your brain.

Which leads one to wonder …

The damage left you unresponsive to most kinds of stimuli.

If you fall in love in your dreams,

And this unresponsive state
Kindle Edition, 1st edition
Published March 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about While I Was Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about While I Was Away

Start your review of While I Was Away
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description

descriptionI have ZERO idea where to start with this review. As of this moment this book sits on the top of my list for best book I have read so far this year. This story completely blew me away, and I teared up SO many times. I will leave this review somewhat vague because I think this story is best experienced without a lot of prior knowledge. Just trust me you'll want to read this book as soon as it is released.

description
So onto the deets...this was an amazingly well-written book. A good portion of it had an alm
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic WHILE I WAS AWAY: Is a full length standalone romance novel by Stylo Fantome. Spoken in multiple POVs Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Whilst at a co-workers birthday party, Adele Reins and her long term boyfriend Charlie Kassen end their three year relationship amicably both realising how stagnant it had become.

Driving home that very night they are in a car accident leaving her in comatose state in hospital, her family is beyond themselves, especially her brothers (River, Ocean, and August) who berate themselves
Nazanin
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5-3.75 Stars

It’s been a long time since I’d read one of SF’s books, I missed her writing. This was really good! it wasn’t exactly what I had in mind but still, it surprised me and I enjoyed it! Loved all the characters and I liked that besides Jones & Adele’s story, there was a secondary one as well. I suggest you go in blind for this, the less you know the better! Told in multiple POV, 3rd person. It’s a standalone novel, well-paced with well-developed characters and beautifully well written.
Nilufer Ozmekik
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Stylo Fantome’s books especially Kane Trilogy, Best Laid Plains, Church are my favorites. She writes real deep, mind bending dark romances full of emotional turmoils !
This book is so different from her usual genre, softer, lighter, lyrical, written about life and death, our choices, looking for your soulmate to reach your eternal happiness.
She brought out a good story. Some parts are so heartwarming like Adele’s ( our heroine who lives in limbo and finds her soulmate after her car crash)
warhawke
Genre: Romantic Drama
Type: Standalone
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Adele Reins decided to make a major change in her life. Sad of letting go, but excited with new possibilities, she never thought a single blink could possibly change the course of her life.

“Love isn't always easy or fair, but that doesn't stop it from being true.”

Before starting this book I had completely no idea what it’s about. I’m happy to say I really enjoyed it, especially that it touched on a subject I’m fascinated with. I
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, emotional, deep, romance, beta
4“Just Find Me” Stars

I love this author. She has a way of storytelling that I have loved from her very first book. She doesn’t always write the same genre, she is a chameleon in her writing. So with each and every release I am always thoroughly excited.

This book is a beautiful idea. People in comas and what they hear and dream are all truths in my mind. To the extent is all subjective. Who is to say how much or how little one can hear and internalize?

It’s very hard to review this story without
The Book Bee
REVIEW: 4.5 STARS
"You and I, we're something bigger. Something better."

Fantastical
Mystical
Eclectic
Mind Boggling
Super Natural
Wonderous

I can use any and all of those words to describe this newest addicting romance by Stylo Fantome. I picked up the book and never put it down. What a trip!!! If you like a different type of read, one that makes you think outside the normal spectrum of reality, this is the book for you. This book, for me, was seriously a one-off from my norm, but also one that has
Karla
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars!
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

With a touch of surrealism, Stylo Fantome explores the thoughts of a comatose woman and the strange awakening she has. Adele Reins is departing from a party after making a major life decision when she and another are in a car crash. Life continues to go on, but Adele is trapped inside a world in her head filled with brilliantly colored poppies, ever changing scenery, and a man who leaves such an impact that it is he she thinks of her when she final
CC
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it

One night, Adele Reins realizes she wants more out of life and love. After making a big decision, Adele is in a car accident and suffers a head trauma. While recovering, she has vivid experiences that weave into her memory creating a grey area of fantasy and reality. But when Adele realizes the connection, she has to convince others of the truth.

“But where is here?” “Here is now.” “Now?” “Now was then. Now we’re here.”

Playing significant roles in this story are Adele’s three brothers, a bes
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
What happens to people when they are in a coma? They say that the person can often hear people talking to them but where do they really go? This thought is explored in this really interesting story from Stylo.

Adele is the victim of a car accident one night and as a result, slips into a coma. She is the youngest child in her family and has three older brothers. While the family struggles to come to terms with what has happened we are treated to alternate chapters of them and what is going on for
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars ⭐️

(view spoiler)
Stylo Fantome
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I spent A LOT of time and emotions and thoughts on this book.

Did you ever watch that cheesy movie "Simply Irresistible", the one with Sarah Michelle Gellar? It's not necessarily "good", but … it's also not bad HAHAHAHA In the movie, she's a chef, and also possibly-unknowingly a witch, who cooks her emotions into the dishes she creates (and along the way, she accidentally entices a young and HOT Sean Patrick Flanery! He alone makes it worth watching).

And basically, I try to capture the same thing
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it

4.5 captivating stars!

“I’ve got you, I’ll fall with you. Just let go.”

Have you ever read a scene in a book, a romantic scene that speaks so much to the heart, is so incredibly profound and beautiful it quite literally takes your breath away? Well, we experienced exactly that in While You Were Away. We experienced a moment so sincere and beautiful we had to take time to fully absorb every meaningful word through heartfelt tears. Wow! What a moment!

“Always,” he whispered. “Always rememb
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
“How can I love someone I've never met?”
“Someone I don't really know?”

Well...stylo does the unthinkable and shows you HOW!!!
A stunning story oscillating between fantasy and reality till they sync orbits and merge as one love story

description

Compelling and captivating, it's a story of a young girl- Adele Reins, who's in a coma after her horrible accident. She'd been feeling detached and dispassionate for a long time and the accident just happens at the wrong juncture of her life.
Nothing, and yet .
Betül
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

While I Was Away is about Adele, who falls into a deep coma after an accident, where she meets and finds her soulmate. This plot isn't explored that often in contemporary romance, but I think it was refreshing and also unpredictable. So why the three star rating you may ask. It was just too fast-paced. I just couldn't connect to the characters, and I felt that they grew close very quickly. One moment Adele falls into a coma, and the second she is
BleuBelle
April
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 soul mated stars!

The only other books Ive read from this author we’re more on the darker side, this one was much lighter and ridiculously sweet. It is told from multiple POV’s and took some getting used to. Because of the different POV’s you get to experience the love not only in the romance of the story but between the friendships and family. This book is the perfect read on a rainy day, it also gave my overly romantic soul the much needed true love fix!
Debbie
4.5 Stars

This story was like a magical fairy tale romance smashing headlong into reality, parts of each bleeding into the other. My emotions were all over the place and my brain was in over drive. It was such a hauntingly beautiful story that reminded me of the kind of romance I dreamed of as pre-teen, when all things were possible, where fated lovers and soulmates overcame all odds and all obstacles to be together. Only this was real, wasn't it? ;)

While I was Away was all the things I've come
Naughty Mom Story Time
5+ Stars

I don’t think I have access to the words that would do this review just. I’m in utter AWE of the originality of this story. I’m STUNNED by the incredibly beautiful imagery of the sceneries and landscapes this story took me to. I’m BREATHLESS from the amount of emotion this story evoked in me. My heart soared at all the highs and was in free fall during all the lows...but one thing is for certain, my heart was in this story from the very beginning. And now that the story has ended, I feel
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019

4.5 captivating stars!

“I’ve got you, I’ll fall with you. Just let go.”

“Always,” he whispered. “Always rememb
Laura Lee
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
By: Stylo Fantome
4 Stars

Stylo Fantome has certainly made a name with me in her ability to write stories that make you think while reading them. This one was no exception!

Adele has been in a coma for 4 months, living the life. Celebrating and traveling all the things she loves. Her companion Jones certainly takes her to some fantastic places. It’s just the life she had always dreamed about living.

Jones never answers the many questions that Adele is asking. It’s more of a riddle
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Great new twist on an old classic

There have been many book, TV, and Movie plots about people in coma’s walking around either in the hospital where nobody can hear or see them, or in a dream or alternate reality where they try to fix something in their life or fall in love. This was a new twist on that theme and it was done much better than I expected. It started just a bit slow, but once it grabbed me, it just kept getting better and better. I loved it.
Myla
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing

While I Was Away - was a unique story of love that makes you believe in fate and soulmate. It transcends between dreams and reality. Stylo's writing was amazing, as always, it captivates me right from the start to finished. The secondary characters are worth meeting too. I thoroughly enjoyed this one and if you haven't read a book by this author, I recommend this one.
Erica Chilson
I received a free copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

3.5 Baffling Stars

Excuse me for this incoherent review. In truth, I have no idea how to truly review the novel.

While I Was Away was most certainly original and unique, yet I wasn't blown away. There was just something that kept me from fully engaging with the story and the characters. There are many points-of-view, offering a different take on the world in which this takes place. Adele, her three brothers, her best friend,
Meredith
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"From the first moment I met you, I knew you. Our souls were meant to meet, and will always meet. In this lifetime, in the next, in any reality, in any dream, wherever, whenever. I believe in that."

d979237396a679274f08f9736f9be989

I am honestly at a loss for words as to how to start this review. I've read a couple of books by this author before and they were dark, raw and gritty. While I Was Away was nothing like that. It's a very unusual and original tale of a beautiful and intense love between two kindred spirits. But it's no
Julia
2 indifferent shrugs. I felt zero chemistry between the main couple. The side characters were all more interesting than the MC's.
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ Jeri the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Reading a book written by Stylo Fantome equals a journey into the unknown. She never ceases to amaze me. I should have known by now that reading the blurb of “while I was away” would do nothing in the way of preparing me for what was to follow actually reading the book.

Already wayyyyyyy before this book came I gave exactly this kind of plot a lot of thoughts due to some private reasons. So it was a no brainer that I had to see how Ms. Fantome worked on the obstacles and logistics. And she did g
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
Stylo is one of those go-to authors for me, I've been loving her diversity with writing, recently. And I just couldn't wait to dive into her newest release, While I Was Away. For the most part, I was enjoying this read, but there were other things going on the took me out of the Adele and Jones story.

Once I heard about this book, I was completely intrigued because it was definitely a plot that I've never read before. I thought it was a great introduction to authors and one that I hope more will
Mimiorphee
Shelves: arc, 2019
"Here is now.”

I absolutely love diving into a new Stylo Fantôme without reading the blurb, I love the surprise. And what a surprise it was! Stylo once again explored a new thematic, in a stunning universe and a gripping story.
“You won't lose me,” she promised. “You'll fall!”“Fall with me.”

The visual I had all along was vivid and truly dashing. The colors, the paintings, the scenery seemed to a be a part of the book, as much as the characters and their emotions.
“Love isn't always eas
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Five
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • Jersey Six
  • Method
  • Eleanor & Grey
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Naked Love
  • Savaged
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • Shattered Stars
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • Art of Sin (Illusions Duet #1)
  • Bad Boy Blues
  • Sin of Love (Illusions Duet #2)
  • My Life in Shambles
  • Impact
  • Like Dragonflies
Crazy woman from a remote location in Alaska (where the need for a creative mind is a necessity!), I have been writing since ... forever? Yeah, that sounds about right. I have been told that I remind people of Lucille Ball - I also see shades of Jennifer Saunders, and Denis Leary. So basically, I laugh a lot, I'm clumsy a lot, and I say the F-word A LOT.

I like dogs more than I like most people, an