Start by marking “Path to the Key (Destruction of Magic, #1)” as Want to Read:
Path to the Key (Destruction of Magic, #1)

Path to the Key

(Destruction of Magic #1)

An alternative cover edition for this ASIN can be found here.

She trusted a vampire, and now the fate of the world rests on her shoulders.

Turned against her will by her ex-husband, Sarah bore a half-vampire child—one her former lover covets for the power the boy holds. She may not have chosen to live an undead existence, but she’d do anything to protect her son, even if it
Published January 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Path to the Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Path to the Key

Start your review of Path to the Key (Destruction of Magic, #1)
Boundless Book Reviews
I love anything supernatural. I love vampires. I absolutely positively LOVE when they can be brought together in one story. Canavan is now on my list of favorites! I love the characters, the romance, the love, the hate, the war and even the action. The fight scenes were a little yucky in a few parts but the gruesome details brought the story to life. I love the twist in the end and want to read more about this group of uniquely supernatural beings.

Overall, I rate Path to the Key with 5 Boundles
Jackie
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
The story was unique - not similar to anything I've read before. The flow was very stop & go with some of the stop areas being incredibly boring. The world building was very minimalistic, it felt like there were too many places that left me feeling lost or like I missed a book. I almost quit the book a few times. I also didn't care for the sequences where it goes back into a memory, there were too many of those and some of them just didn't seem well thought out or worked for the intended effect ...more
Nyxed - The Book Snob
Couldn't finish...

• FMC
• Son with Alex: Jack
• Decendent of magical bloodline
• Took Jack, on the run from Alex
• Can read humans minds

Alex (Sarah's ex husband)
• Wants Sarah & Jack back- some alterior motive
• Not a nice guy
Jack
• Has interesting dream visions, leading him & Sarah to safe places to hide.
Winter
• Alex's brother
• Father recently passed away
• Mention of Dark thr
Ashley Carr, LSoR
This is the first book I've read by Ms. Canavan and I will be reading more. I absolutely love paranormal romance especially vampires. I love the new twist on paranormal romances.

Magic is fading from the world and the Witch Queen sets out to do something about it. Sarah doesn't care anything about that she just wants to survive her ex-husband stalking her. She is on the run with her three-year-old son and she can't believe how he keeps finding her. Did I mention he turned her into a vampire ag
Corrine Pickering
 photo 12516825_10208063953377144_1111376284_o.jpg

Path to the Key (Destruction of Magic Book 1) April Canavan

### 4.5 Hashtags ###

Vampires, witches and lots of magic! I really enjoyed this book. I felt this one had a uniquely different twist from the usual vampire genre.

Sarah had a tough struggle with learning how important her child is and keeping him protected. As things unfold it gets harder and harder for her. She's a great strong character and I adore her spirit. I love Zander... this is my sons name and it felt kinda strange to start
Caroline Doig
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book 1 to the Destruction of Magic series and it’s a fantastic read. This is the story of Sarah and her son Jackson, Sarah just wants to get away from her abusive ex husband Alex. You see Sarah is human and Alex is a vampire, Alex drugged Sarah’s food and drink so he could have sex with her and make her pregnant, then he turned her into a vampire. Sarah doesn’t know why Alex had done this to her but she knows he’s evil and she won’t let him get his hands on their son Jackson. Sarah ended ...more
Angie Warner
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
No Flow

To be fair, I didn't read the entire story, so it could get better. The storyline is amazing and the reason I got as far as I did, but the conversations between them are stilted, they don't flow and are way too long and drawn out. For ex., at one point she asks ZAN-der why Winter calls him Zan.. That one simple, totally obvious answer, took 3/4 of one page and 1/4 of the next. Why? Why did she even ask that question to begin with? Especially when the answer is basically because that's wha
Dawn
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another good story

This one should have probably spent a little more time with the editor as there were several instances of misspelled/mistyped words (baord instead of board and shem instead of them for example) which NORMALLY wouldn't bother me but...being extremely overtired, to the point of having to force myself to stay awake, they were glaringly obvious. It's NOT that the story was so boring that I had to force myself to stay awake either! Far from it, actually! THAT was because I've been u
Sandy
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s
First let me state, I received an Advance Reader Copy, (ARC), but this in no way influences my review. I always leave an honest review. Also, this is my first read with this author & it won't be my last.

Wow!!! I truly couldn't put this book down. I can't wait to read the next story. Sarah had my heart as soon as I started to know her. She was a strong young woman when she met Alex, but through his abuse he changed her. But not fully. She loved her baby boy Jack so much, she'd allow nothing to ha
Danielle Urban
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Path to the Key by April Canavan is book one to an amazing series. Full of magic, suspernatural beings and romance. I love the war between the good and the evil. Fight to save loved ones. Family, power, and determination. April Canavan's writing is superb. I was lost instantly from the first page. Engaging, well-developed, and exciting. A war brewing. One involving power and ruling over others. A woman whose child is key to her evil husband's game. Yet there's another man, the brother, who can h ...more
Rae Lake
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Helois
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: just-finished
Vampires, Witches, Fae, Shape Shifters and every other supernatural being imaginable!

This is one of those books that sucks you in right from the start and you can't put it down. The story moves along at a good pace, with well developed characters, along with plenty of action, magic and love. Well written with plenty of twists and a well done ending that leaves you wanting more.

Sarah only wants to protect her son Jack, but soon finds out that he may just be the key to save the magic from fading f
Linda Romer
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Path to the Key (Destruction of Magic #1) by April Canavan

I enjoyed reading Path to the Key. This story was intense at times and complicated, but cutting through all the detailed explanations an interesting story emerged. I enjoyed getting to know the characters and The Witch Queen Winter was my favorite. There is plenty of excitement in this story and the battle at the end was so good I could picture the scenes in my mind. I did enjoy this Authors writing and would read book #2.

I give Path to
Marie Pedrick
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Path to the key

An amazing story of how a mothers love transcends everything even death or in the case of this book undeath. Meet Sarah a young vampire on the run from an evil undead ex-husband with a son that is prophesied to bring magic back into the world.
This is a truly amazing story that is gripping right to the end leaving you wander what will happen.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down I can't wait till the next one.
This review was written on behalf of Amo and Sarah's
Sharlene Whitcher-Wallace
Excellent read! I highly recommend this book if you are in to the paranormal. April Canavan captures your imagination and takes you on a flying carpet ride from the beginning to the very end. She introduces you the the characters and gives you the inside scoop to where you keep reading just so you can find out what happens next. You can't put it down till the very end and then she keeps you wanting more.
Susan Meinhold
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Four and a half stars

A different take on a vampire novel. The Blood Court is like the courts of the Fey with a Blood King ruling the vampires. The Blood Court has been weakened by the disappearance of one king and the reluctance of his heir to take up the throne. Into this conflict comes Sarah a mortal who marries a vampire and is turned without her consent or knowledge after the birth of her son. Sarah’s son Jack is a catalyst for a new battle for the Blood Throne.
Lisa Hills
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, gripping, and intense

This was an intense, roller coaster ride with so many twists and turns. It will have your emotions spiking, pining, and fearing for the characters. Brilliant writing, I really felt connected with the heronie and her battles, story was written brilliantly, will definitely move on to the next story.
Carol
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first started this book I thought I wasn’t going to like it. But, I stuck it out and am so glad I did.
This was a very deep, intense book and I was drawn into the story. It is just one of those books you will just have to read for yourselves but you won’t be disappointed.
CI
Jun 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
Too convoluted

I gave up at 40%. Too difficult to follow what was going on, didn't like the feel of manipulation with every action by the witch Winter, and felt nothing for Sarah or Sander.
Ashton Wilson
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great book! It kept me guessing throughout the whole thing, and I loved the ending. Can't wait for the next one to find out what happens to everyone.
Stephanie Willett-marion
Not a book I will continue to read

I dont know I just thought this book was boring. Im sorry. I thought it woulf be a great book from description but I didny find it that way.
Jessie
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it

I always appreciate different tales of supernatural beings. I can't wait to explore more of the series. The book is sexy without making me uncomfortable.
Donna Bagnall
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Very cloak and dagger for the majority of the book which was frustrating as it was hard to follow the story
Charlene  Kaup
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read!

Wonderful characters that interact with each other beautiful! Fabulous plot twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
April
May 29, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Path to the Key
Destruction of Magic
Book 1
ongoing series
Purchase Link: https://geni.us/PathKey
Ash †Reviews of a FearStreetZombie†
I finished this book at 4 this morning and I am still at a loss for words.

I'm just gonna say, you know it is a good book when it makes you want to throw it a couple of times.

Path to the Key was very well written and flowed so smooth it had me hooked from the very start. It had such an interesting story that you can't help but to be drawn in. Even with it's flaws you wonder "But what is going to happen next?"
I mean, this book is a roller coaster that will leave you exhausted at the end. I wouldn'
Terry Hammoutene
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sarah's goal in life in to keep her son protected at any cost, so when he starts having dreams and insists they go to a book store, she gets right on it. All Sara knows before she gets there is that her ex changed her and her son has some power. What she learns and how she reads is the main point of the story.
I loved how the story stayed focused and t wash;t all over the place, even with the past being told while the story moved on.
I thought this was a good read.

** I was given a copy of this bo
Emma-louise Smith
Wow, I loved this book. There were twists and turns every second of the way. Completely unpredictable. I have never read anything this unique with vampires and supernatural beings. Excellently written

• Dark Prince (Blueblood Vampires #1)
  • Wickedest Witch (Hell's Son, #0.5)
  • To Seduce a Witch's Heart (Love and Magic, #1)
  • Choosing Her Alpha
  • Unwanted (The MacLauchlans, #3)
  • Shadow Hunter (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #1)
  • His Noble Promise
  • Hell's Kitty (Welcome to Hell, #4)
  • Magic Trials (Half-Blood Academy, #1)
  • Sucks To Be Me (First Fangs Club #1)
  • A Night Rose for the Duke
  • When He’s Dark  (The Olympus Pride, #1)
  • Shifted (Siren Prophecy, #1; Shifter Academy)
  • The Rhinestone Witches Omnibus: Books 1-3
  • The Culling Trials 2 (Shadowspell Academy, #2)
  • Lord Windmere: Historical Romance Short Stories
  • Lord Weirlane (The Four Lords' Saga #2)
  • Lord Foxdown: Regency Romance Novellas (The Four Lords' Saga Book 3)
USA Today Bestselling author by day and superhero by night ... Seriously, though. I write Contemporary Romance that will tear my readers apart. I also dabble in Cozy Mystery and Paranormal Romance.
As long I have coffee, I legit think I can conquer the world.

Find all my social media here:
geni.us/StalkApril

Check out my series!
Birch County Blue
Link: geni.us/BCBSeries

Surprise Goddess Cozy Mystery
Link

Destruction of Magic (4 books)
  • Prophecy in Blood (Destruction of Magic, #2)
  • Door in the Garden of Shadows (Destruction of Magic, #3)
  • Light in the Darkness (Destruction of Magic, #4)

News & Interviews