Start by marking “Scarlet Mark (Cavalieri Della Morte #8)” as Want to Read:
Scarlet Mark (Cavalieri Della Morte #8)

Scarlet Mark

(Cavalieri Della Morte #8)

Deceit requires punishment.
But what happens when the mark is innocent?

Killian “Dagger” Bedivere

My latest assignment has evolved into a game of deciphering whom to trust—the renowned politician who hired the Cavalieri Della Morte, or the runaway bride?
She’s gorgeous, conniving, and everything I crave in a woman.

She’s also my target.

Rule number one: Never fall for the mark.
R
ebook
Published May 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Scarlet Mark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scarlet Mark

Start your review of Scarlet Mark (Cavalieri Della Morte #8)
Bookworm Extraordinaire
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: may-5-star-reads
description
description Lexi C. Foss is a new "to me" author. If I am correct, she normally writes paranormal romance, and this was her first foray into the romantic suspense genre. Well, let me just say that this reader hopes she has plans to write many more romantic suspense books because this one was PERFECTION! There was legit not one thing I didn't like about it.

If you follow my reviews you know that I can be a picky bitch, and there is usually always something I wish were different. Even in most of my 5 Star rea
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
ScarletMark_Teaser2-1024x1024

This was such a thrilling ride with twists and turns galore one that I enjoyed immensely.
This author is now a firm favourite of mine and whenever I start one of her stories I always know I'm in for a treat.
So having previously gorged on her paranormal series like back to back reading I was super interested to see what she would bring to the table with this particular genre switch.
And Bravo, this was fantastic stuff from start to finish showing this author's complete diversity.
I am starting to be
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"This man I hardly knew, this assassin sent to retrieve me, had me panting beneath his hands after a few mere strokes of his blade."

DUDE! I'm seriously loving these books. Just like the other new-to-me-authors in this series, I've fell in love with the writing in each story. Every author has brought their style to the table and have left a lasting impression. Lexi C. Floss is no different. And I'll say this again, I probably wouldn't have read this author if I hadn't signed up to review the
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
Scarlet Mark was so so haunting. It was also dark and twisted and so very delicious. I was pulled into this wicked world that left me aching and heartsore one moment and then positively intrigued in the next.

Scarlet Mark is about Amara Rose who has run away from a horrific life. Escaping was her only choice. Her fiancé is a very powerful man who has the mean to hire The Cavalieri Della Morte to find her. Killian Bedivere is tasked with this assignment. He never lets a mark distract him but Amara
benevolent bastard
Tracie Delaney
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I believe this is the author's first foray into Romantic Suspense, and all I can say is WOW, because this book was nothing short of brilliant.

The writing is fluid, the story utterly believable, the fight scenes so well done that they played out like a movie in my head.

Yes it's dark. Yes the subject matter is uncomfortable, but the author deals with it so incredibly well, Amara's past told through a series of flashbacks and inner dialogue that, while detailed in parts, are not graphic. They don't
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Scarlet Mark by Lexi C. Foss is book 8 in the Cavalieri Della Morte Series. This is the story of Amara 'Scarlet' Rose and Killian 'Dagger' Bedivere. I have yet to read the previous books, so for me this was a standalone book.
Killian is one of the assassins that work at Cavalieri Della Morte but he has been assigned to find a runaway bride who has taken something from the former groom. Trying to find Amara took a little time but when he does find her doubts slowly start setting in about her and
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars ~ Jess

This was a perfect addition to this series. Each book is different but all have this same dark feel to them. Scarlet's Mark was no different. Killian aka Dagger, is one of Arthur's men. His mission is to find a woman who is not at all what he expected. Trying to find her takes him all over the world. Once he finally finds her, he finds a woman with nothing to lose and sometimes those are the most dangerous types of people.

Amara aka Scarlet literally has nothing to lose. She has
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Killian and Amara's story is so intense! It's wicked and arousing. It's evil and gritty and gruesome. Killian is a perfect soldier. Ruthless, domineering and never misses his mark until her. Amara is an incredibly strong woman. Reading of her past and seeing some of the regressions trying to take her back broke my heart. But, it didn't break her. Their storyline was amazing and not at all how you think the story is going to go. I loved that Niko from Cora Kenborn's Darkest Deeds made an appearan ...more
Ola Adamska
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2019
As far as I know, this is the first attempt to write A Romantic Suspense by Ms. Foss. First one and it's BRILLIANT! I would never guess it was done by the first timer!
Killian and Amara are a blast together! They are like two twisted half of the same apple. Each is strong on their own but together they are a force that will seal anyone fate if they wanted to.
Another wonderful addition to Cavalieri Della Morte series/
Renee
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Killian "Dagger" Bedivere: My latest assignment has evolved into a game of deciphering who to trust--the renowed politician who hired the Cavalieri Della Morte, or the runaway bride? She's gorgeous, conniving, and everything I crave in a woman. She's also my target. Rule number one: Never fall for a mark. Rule number two: Forget rule number one.
Amara "Scarlet" Rose: I never wanted this world, but the
Ga Books LoverX
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Is anyone else absolutely addicted to the Cavalieri Della Morte series? If you do not know this is a collection of books written by different writers but include the same baseline group and few characters being shared. I love it because I get to read new authors and Lexi Foss is absolutely excellent.

Amara and Killian are like two twisted peas in a pod. Both had completely different upbringings to make them the people that they are now, I am talking about like SUPER different upbringings, but als
Katrina
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is dark. Seriously dark. If you have triggers with violence, abuse, trafficking, or knife play then don’t read it. If you want to read about a seriously strong heroine learning to live with and overcome the hellacious start to life she has had, this story will deliver in spades.

Amara is a runaway “bride”. Running from a Congressman with a potentially less that clean and squeaky past. She disappears on their wedding day, leaving him to call on the Cavalieri to track her down.

Killian “D
Dawn Higgins
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh Wow Lexi who knew that you are soo good at writing dark and dangerous books,but saying that i should of known as i love your writing weather it be PNR OR contemporary,but wow you excelled yourself with this book from the Cavalieri Della Morte,as this is the third book i have read from different authors,and i thought i would just say Killian is MINE!!.

This was a fast paced thriller of a story where you won't want to come up for breath with all the action and twists that are in abundance, and h
Louise
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What always fascinates me with this author is that she isn’t afraid to go dark. She isn’t afraid to go into a depravity that some authors could only dream to tread.

To me, I imagine her walking down a white path, both sides of this path is water, a pool of some sort and on one side it is the safe zone, lifeguards aplenty incase you fall in and the other side, the danger zone. And I imagine that whilst she’s walking this line, she’s dipping her toe into the murky depths of the danger zone, the on
Megan Hubble-Roney
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When an author steps away from their normal and nails it...

Lexi doesn't write dark. I mean she does but not like this. This was DARK. Scarlet Mark is phenomenal. I so enjoy when an author takes a chance and does something completely new and nails it.
Strong characters, both of them, we don't get a female that's strong because of the male, we get a strong female on her own who becomes a bad a** when she finally meets her match. For me that is so important and Lexi managed to write Amara in a way
Gwen Shafer
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 8th book in this series of books. This one is the best one yet and the darkest out of all the ones so far. But it was gripping intense and enjoyable from beginning to end. It was a well paced well written well detailed book. The writing style from this writer keeps you wanting more. It was a fully developed storyline which made this book even better for me. The chemistry between Killian and Amara is off the charts hot. I absolutely love Amara she is not one of those weak girls you th ...more
Susan
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the Cloak and Dagger.

This book definitely hit the Mark. Heart pounding, jaw dropping suspense with an edge of Darkness that made this story an exhilarating page turner from the beginning until the very last page.

Killian 'Dagger' Bedivere OMFG!! A true Dark Knight he's fascinating, handsome, charismatic and uttetly ruthless. He is a lethal blade. who never misses his target. I fuxking loved him.

Dagger may of sung to my lady bits but Amara was the star of this book for me. Forced into a l
Alina
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read many books from Lexi in the past and each one has never disappointed me.
This is Lexi's first venture into Dark Romance and honestly, you are not even able to tell. By reading the Scarlet Mark, you'd think this Author has been around this block many times before; that is how good she is.
Scarlet Mark is everything a Dark Romance promises. A Roller coaster of emotions that you hold on tight for because not all are good. The two main characters are well fleshed out and three dimensional.
Jean Bachen
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am starting to believe that Lexi C. Foss is not of this world. This book is her first journey into the world of romantic suspense, and she mastered it so thoroughly that I am convinced that she's magical. Killian is so deliciously dark, and such a such a super hot bad boy with a penchant for playing with knives that you will want to play with him long after the story ends. Amara is such a beautifully broken heroine that watching him heal her is equal parts heart breaking and heart mending. The ...more
Shelley
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Her dark knight❣️

Dagger’s skill set is to locate people that disappear. When he’s given the assignment to locate Amara, it’s not until later that he realises that he’s bitten off more than he can chew. Firstly, it takes him a few weeks to locate her and then when he does....things take a different path. Finally, when they do meet again...he’s not as certain as he was when he took the assignment.

This book is a dark and twisty tale that will keep you enthralled to the very end. I have to admit I
Julie
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Killian is an assassin who is on the hunt for Amara, a run away bride who stole a pile of money from her fiancé, he’s to track her down and bring her back. Hiding in an exclusive sex club, Amara works and thought she was well hidden until the mysterious and sexy assassin Killian smokes her out. She has no intention of ever going back to her ex-fiancé. Will Killian believe her horrendous story or will his loyalty to the Cavalieri hold true.
A very intriguing plot, twist and turns, lots of dark act
Danielle Hilliard
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am completely bias here because Lexi is one of my favourite authors and she is the only reason that I even read this series but this book was by far the best in the entire series. This book had so much more depth not just from the characters but the story itself. A few of the books in the series feel like the same story just with different characters but this took it to new level. Killian and Amara were just...no words can describe how amazingly well they fit together (oh and I totally want to ...more
TF
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
hmmm......Even better than Darkest Deeds description”/

description"/
Julia Stevens
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intrigue and suspense all rolled up into one deliciously dark, twisty package....meet Killian Bedivere, one of the utterly lethal Cavaliera Della Morte assassins!

Oh this man Killian (heat level 10!), he's ruthless and deadly, dedicated, has a strict moral code, loves the thrill of the chase and never misses his mark. He is all alpha! His latest assignment is not to kill however, but to return a wayward con artist....Amara. He trusts his instincts, but is there more to Amara than meets the eye? T
Yoneidis
Killian is an heir of a family fortune, but at 18 years old he committed murder after watching a man beat a woman to death. Arthur is a witness and uses it to blackmail him and this is how the rich heir becomes one of the Cavalieri.
Arthur has a mission for him: kidnap Amara Rose, a young woman who has planted her senator fiancée at the altar and has taken half of his money.
“Three weeks. Three. God. Damn. Weeks. That was how long it took me to track down Amara fucking Rose. The woman had disappea
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
Wowsers, this might not be the darkest or grittiest of the series but it is by far and away the most compelling and believable love story of the bunch

Lexi C. Foss is a fairly "new-to-me" author. I read the beginning of an as yet unpublished romantic suspense in an anthology, which I really enjoyed. However you still have those 'Was it a fluke?', 'Will I enjoy this?', 'What if I hate it?' questions running through your head. No it wasn't a fluke, yes I DID enjoy it and thankfully the last one was
Nicole
Apr 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
⎯» Rating: 4.25 Stars
⎯» Genre: Dark Romantic Suspense
⎯» POV: Dual—First Person

”Her battered soul lurked in her gaze, calling to me to soothe her, to show her that not everyone in this world was evil.”

Wow. Lexi C. Foss didn’t pull any punches when it came to telling Amara and Killian’s story. This is a truly dark romance, set in the depraved and blood soaked underbelly of the world’s elite.

Amara was a truly compelling heroine. She has not only survived hell, but
Joyffree
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I truly do not know how Foss does it.
I am a big fan of her paranormal and contemporary works, so when I found out she was going to be one of the authors participating in the Cavalieri Della Morte collection - I was ecstatic!
Her first attempt at romantic suspense in "reality" (her words, lol) was faultless.
A Five Star Read
~ The transition from mark to partner
~ The depth of the emotions between the characters, not just romantically but the overall feeling that the characters invoked from me as a
Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the eighth book in the Cavalieri Della Morte multi book, multi author series. My review for the last book in this series was a bit rushed and short, so I'm hoping to make this review better. I have really been enjoying that series has brought so many new to me authors. Mrs. Foss being one of them, I've heard of her before, but never had the chance to read her before now.

Ahhhh Killian, aka Dagger, another one of the top Tebella Della Morte knights. Killian is a young man who is from an i
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Darkest Deeds
  • Shadow Man (Grayson Duet #1)
  • Blurred Red Lines (Carrera Cartel, #1)
  • Faded Gray Lines  (Carrera Cartel #2)
  • Drawn Blue Lines (Carrera Cartel, #3)
  • The Carrera Cartel (Carrera Cartel, #1-3 + Bonus)
  • The War (Bratva Blood #2)
  • Mercenary (Gangsters of New York, #3)
  • Rabid (Kingdom of Wolves #6)
  • Savage Ruler (Sinfully Savage #1)
  • Sixth Sin
  • The Santiago Trilogy (The Santiago Trilogy, #1-3)
  • The Russian: A Dark Mafia Romance (Bratva Masters Book 1)
  • Betrayed Honor (Ivanov Crime Family #3)
  • I (One) (War of Roses Book 3)
  • Trapped with the Mob Boss (Russian Crime Brotherhood, #1)
  • I Thee Take
USA Today Bestselling Author Lexi C. Foss loves to travel and write in supernatural worlds. Paranormal romance is her favorite genre, but she dabbles in contemporary romance when she needs a break from the darker side of her mind.

Coffee is her addiction, swimming is her passion, and she has a not-so-secret adoration for eclipse chasing.

Lexi can be found on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.

Cavalieri Della Morte (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Beautifully Brutal (Cavalieri Della Morte #1)
  • Vow of Obedience (Cavalieri Della Morte #2)
  • Martyris (Cavalieri Della Morte #3)
  • His Salvation (Soldati di Sangue, #3)
  • Ivy's Poison (Cavalieri Della Morte #5)
  • A Cruel Love (Cavalieri Della Morte #6)
  • Delinquent (Soldati di Sangue #5)
  • Redemption (Cavalieri Della Morte #10)
  • Valor (Cavalieri Della Morte #11)
  • Inexorable (Cavalieri Della Morte #12)

News & Interviews