Start by marking “The Girl Who Got Away (Savage Justice Romantic Suspense Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Girl Who Got Away (Savage Justice Romantic Suspense Series, #1)

The Girl Who Got Away (Savage Justice Romantic Suspense Series, #1)

Blind dates don’t always end well.

Sometimes they end in murder.

When Evie Longfellow accepts the blind date from hell everything sane about her life changes. Singled out and kidnapped by a mafia kingpin, she escapes only to run a mysterious stranger off the road. But she’s not safe yet—her stalker’s determined to take Evie as his sixteenth victim.

Former FBI hostage negotiat
Published January 24th 2019 by Savannah Muse Press

To ask other readers questions about The Girl Who Got Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl Who Got Away

Start your review of The Girl Who Got Away (Savage Justice Romantic Suspense Series, #1)
Minx
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
True Rating 4.5 stars!

The opening scene from The Girl Who Got Away absolutely had me glued to the pages! It was straight out of a nightmare but Evie Longfellow managed to keep her wits about her and she turned what would have been a death sentence into a situation that had some hope. After she managed to escape a house of horrors, Evie was on the run for her life and she did not know where to turn or who to trust. Luckily, karma was on her side in the form of Nick Franklin. Nick was a man who ha
Robin Loves Reading
It was the blind date from hell. Little did author Evie Longfellow know when she accepted a blind date, encouraged by her literary agent Jennifer, that she was being lined up as a victim of a serial killer. The mafia kingpin, Paulie Marino is excited for her to be his sweet sixteen. Horrified, Evie manages to escape, but her danger is only beginning. During her escape she nearly runs a man off the road.

Nick Franklin is an ex-FBI hostage negotiator, but he is rather fortunate to still be well-res
Rebecca Austin
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
This was a good mystery filled with some romance and a few twists and turns to keep you wondering what was going to happen next!

My heart broke for Evie and what she went through on her “date” with Paulie Marino and how she realized how much danger she was in after viewing a video. I was so proud of her for figuring out a way to escape although it was soon clear that her nightmare was far from over.

Nick was there for Evie right from the beginning and I knew part of him was trying to make up for w
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova

I was left with goosebumps long after I was done read The Girl Who Got Away. Just add this book to my new growing Suspense TBR pile! I am a sucker for romance, but wowza! The suspense and growing anticipation had me hooked! I was not sure what would happen to Evie. So much trials she was going through when a date took the wrong turn.

Nick is written to perfection as the hero. Still he has some ghosts that haunt him but will do what he can to help Evie. I loved the bit of romance that
Sassy Southern
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Evie Longfellow was hoping that the blind date her publicist, Jennifer, set her up with was going to be a success but it turned into an absolute nightmare. Kidnapped and drugged, Evie manages to escape but knows the nightmare is not over yet as Paulie Marino as vowed to make Evie his Sweet Sixteen.
Nick Franklin is shocked when he is in an accident with Evie as she is escaping and he is not prepared for what she tells him. But the former FBI agent knows he will do what it takes to keep Evie safe
Amanda Williams
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an incredible storyline that hooked me right from the very first line. This was an action-packed story that left me with my jaw hanging open. It was that damn good. The characters immediately felt like family and embraced me into their lives. The ending was so satisfying but still left room for a follow up. Incredible!! This author's work is unlike any other and I cannot wait to get my claws into the next one in the series. Immediately bought the paperback version to add to my collectio ...more
Bonnie Gill
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Edgy thriller meets romantic suspense
I fell in love with Evie right from the start. She’s tough and smart. Nick was sexy and protective. He is bound and determined to find the serial killer and protect Evie and her cat.
The author not only spun a great suspense but wove in a story about relationships. The evil and vile villain was creepy and made this book a page turner.
If you’re looking for a story to keep you on the edge of your seat, you need to read this story.
Shannon
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great first book!

As far as a first book goes, this one meets all expectations. The story line is intriguing and keeps you reading.

There are a few editing mistakes, but no so many you worry about the integrity of the writing.

The writing has great potential and will continue improving with each book.

I'm on to read the next book in the series! Paula Millhouse has the possibility to become a one-click author for me!
Katie Hansen
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is never a dull moment in this book and it will definitely have you glued to the pages until the last one!
I highly recommend that you read this book for yourself and see if you loved it just as much as I did.
Stacey Purcell
Jessica I. High
Mar 24, 2019
Maria C.
Mar 24, 2019
For more information about Paula's books visit her website @ www.paulamillhouse.com

Paula Millhouse writes books where fantasy, romance, and suspense collide.

Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, where Spanish moss whispers tales in breezes from the Atlantic Ocean, as a child she soaked in the sunshine and heritage of cobblestones, pirate lore, and stories steeped in savory mysteries of the south.

News & Interviews