Start by marking “Destined Fire (Nephilim's Destiny, #3)” as Want to Read:
Destined Fire (Nephilim's Destiny, #3)

Destined Fire

(Nephilim's Destiny #3)

One reckless move could cost her everything…

It used to be easy to pass as human beat cop Essie Shaw. Lay low, don’t draw too much attention. Now I’m hiding in plain sight, working for the JP, praying my teammates won’t notice my non-human magical quirks and figure out I’m a nephilim.

As the magic clawing within me threatens to reveal me, my complicated emotional bond
Published January 15th 2019 by Gryphon's Gate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Destined Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destined Fire

Start your review of Destined Fire (Nephilim's Destiny, #3)
Airwreckah
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

The repeated waffling about “oh im a weak human, blah blah blah” grated on the nerves. Because she knows shes not human. At a certain point, three books in, just get over it and find a new source of angst. Not revealing her powers or fear of being discovered and killed was more interesting of a motivation that got sidelined in all the wussy “ im weak and a liability and ill get them killed” whining.
Heather Gilbert
4.5 - ku. Awesome series!

Book 3 took the events of the first 2 and slammed it into overdrive! Not only is Essie still struggling to contain her ever growing powers while still hiding her heritage, she is bouncing along the threads of emotional and spiritual bonds the likes angels literally sing about.

Pros:
- well written
- completely new concepts on familiar themes
- Essie, she’s awesome
- Building plot crescendo

Cons:
- a few minor editing issues, did not detract
- Book 4 release date not set
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
ONE LINE REVIEW

An improvement over the previous instalments, but I still find it crazy that Essie and her men really know so little about each other - she doesn't know about anybody's family, past life, NOTHING.

[Blog] - [Bookstagram]

photo c l i m b C2A0e v e r y C2A0m o u n t a i n 2_zpsykn9gbgr.png
Gaby★Me Myshelf and I★
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The same formula from books 1 and 2 is getting a little old. I’d like the fast paced action to slow down. A little more relationship building and training for Essie would be good, they keep throwing her into the deep end and expecting her know what to do!
The same themes are being repeated, “I’m a monster” “he won’t want me once he finds out”

”My buzz eased, but the grating tension grew. This was going to be a problem if we didn’t get this solved soon.”

“One day. That was all I wanted. One day
Abi
I seriously could not stop reading this book! Let's just say that Jacob and Gideon finally join the harem, and it is wonderful! Also, one heck of a cliffhanger, which sucks, but the next book releases in nine days. I swooned over Kol (he's won me over) and his date (more or less) with Essie. Essie's powers are behaving weirdly at the moment, which I'm curious about, as well. I liked the tension Cassius added to the book. He gave the guys and Essie a bit of a push in their relationships, and to ...more
Patron Saint Fitzwilliam
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
While Gideon redeems himself (who would have ever thought that him being so cold to Essie really meant that he LOOOVEEED HER... oh right, everyone.). Yeah, the “I-hate-you-and-treat-you-like-crap-because-I-love-you-secretly” trope is in full effect with this book.

And yet, I will say that this book brought about a little more satisfaction than the previous books, as the relationships seem to be solidifying themselves. Also, Marcus is sharing nicely like a big wolf. But I still can’t get past
Irestia
ORIGINAL POST
So much of this was just more of the same repeated internal dilemmas from the previous books, so it felt like nothing new was happening. Even though some things changed, I didn't really feel like the story was making progress until the huge cliffhanger at the end, which was pretty frustrating. Full review to come.

UPDATE
A few observations from my Kindle notes:
1. I thought the dream at the beginning of this book was pretty tedious.

2. I disliked how invested Essie seemed in what
Tracy Hoyt
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Destined to break my heart!

I needed to take the day to actually be able to wrote this review. This book tore me up at the end. The author has painstakingly built relationships between the protagonist and the men, but the secret she's been hiding from them is just destined to tear them apart. I was biting my nails, just waiting for the big reveal. I'm so happy the turnover between books in this series is relatively short or I think my heart would be dried up and useless, and I would be a phantom
Nikki Orta
The Cliffhanger!

I am dying right now.. waited up all night to read this and finished at 5:30am. This book did not disappoint me in the least! I'm so glad Gideon finally got his crap together.. and everything was looking amazing until that ending.. I wont say why so I dont spoil it but I was hoping everyone would be more receptive to the idea and that definitely doesnt appear to be the case. All my heart strings were pulled in this book and I'm litterally dying for the next one. Ugh I need some
JadeShea
The third book in the series begins with Essie trying to keep her place on the team, and figure out what is going on with her powers. She's changing and she doesn't understand why, and she needs to keep it a secret. However, that is easier said than done.

This one ends on a crazy cliffhanger and makes you very interested in reading more. I enjoyed this one a lot more than the others, and I liked how Essie acted in this one.
T.
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Destined Fire is book 3 of the Nephilim's Destiny series. Just like potato chips, you can't consume just one: I gorged three books in two days. This third book gifted readers with a few nice plot twists and a great storyline--the introduction of Cassius added some great tension. Lots of action, excellent character and relationship development.
Cindy
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Strangeness

Wow what a cliffhanger. Essie shouldn't be able to survive all that her and the team are put through. On top of everything is the secret she must keep from everyone. I still find it strange that nephilim are supposed to be impossible without evil magic. I am letting that go and focusing on her relationship with the team. I like that she is getting closer to them.
Shy
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Addicting BUT.....

Ugh! So on my last review I said there was no cliff hangers well I had to eat my words because this book does! I'm can't wait for the next book.
They finally know her big secret and just before she was trying to make it work with everyone. Damn. More drama and romance.
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
id have gave this book a 5 but the ending made me scream at my computer monitor.... And she keeps talking about how weak she is and that shes a human but she knows shes not? the ending made me so sad because no matter what if these men love her like they say they do then they should except her just the way she is shes been in so much pain and now i have no idea whats gonna happen next!!!!
Mae Padua-janusas
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Like walking on a tight rop

So suspenseful and action packed. I can’t get enough of this series. Totally captures you and hard to put down. You can feel the desperation, the love and the fierce protectiveness Essie has for the team. Even though her relationship with Kol is still unknown. That ending is definitely the most hold your breath cliffhanger ever.
Angela James
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh snap!

Oh snap! That ending was absolutely terrifying and thrilling and awful and awesome and ugh! So not fair, thank goodness all these books are out of I would be throwing the most epic fit to end all the fits. Poor Essie can't catch a dang break and I'm losing my mind so this review is done... next book please!
LaneyDay
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just keeps getting better!

Loved this! Read it in one sitting. The ending leaves you on a Huge cliffhanger though. And February seems really far off right now.
Great series I'm definitely continuing on with!
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Finally!

This book had a whole lot of "about time" relief in it. Both Jacob and Gideon made me happy. Gideon is a romantic. Seriously. I get why he behaved the way he did now even though he was hurting the both of them. That ending, though! Waiting for February is going to suck.
Miss Fleur V Morris
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Waited too long to reveal Essie

This was a gripping story, but too much with the fire and crackle under Essie's skin, the team under unrelenting attack and how are any of them able to walk?! Will read the next one to close the loop.
Shandie Bell
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So much love

Wow, love reading this series. I love the guys and essie their dynamic is well crafted. The world the author has created sucked me right in, I read the 3 books of this series in 24 hours and am patiently waiting for the next one.
Sophia Hallengrogg
Amazing

This book is absolulty amazing. It has somthing for everyone and is gorgouesly written. Would a hundred percent recommend to fantasy lovers, and can not wait for the next book.
Charmaine Pearce
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Good but slow

I am enjoying this story however I find it is moving slow. I feel the author at some times is just writing to bulk the story out and not adding to the content, repeating information over and over again. Will still reading but hope it gets better.
Tiffany
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Poor Esse has had it rough. She is living with a huge secret and when it gets out, I can see all hell breaking loose. I can't wait to see how things work out in the next one.
Lillie I Cross
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

This one of my cannot put down books. Trust issues, love, fate, destined mates. Always something going on. I cant wait to see what happens now that the secret is out.
Amy
Holy cliffhanger Batman! Another brilliant read in this series, and of course the book ends with something happening that Essie has been fearing since the beginning. I can’t wait for the next one! Highly recommend.
Jessica Luyckx
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cannot wait for the nextt one
Tonya Bright
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I freaking love this series but now I wish I waited to read them, why? Cause I hate waiting I wish it was march already, lol
Rena
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019, rh
Wow, I love reading this series. Book 3 didn't disappoint in the least!
Kristen Nicole Spathis
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a wild ride

How much can one girl handle? Essie is tough as nails, but I'm wondering if even SHE can survive that ending? Worth the read. Love the series!
Punkrockp
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous

Goodness gracious me, this series is ramping up!
Drama, intrigue, suspense and one hell of a cliff hanger.
I'm obsessed.

• Stained Egos (Salsang Chronicles, #1)
  • Awakened And Betrayed (The Lost Sentinel, #2)
  • Gypsy Moon (All The Pretty Monsters, #4)
  • Gypsy Origins (All The Pretty Monsters #3)
  • Gypsy Freak (All The Pretty Monsters, #2)
  • Knightfall (Tangled Crowns, #1)
  • Hunted by Shadows (Shadowborn #1)
  • Greed (The Damning, #1)
  • An Assassin's Deception (The Huntress #2)
  • Protector
  • Don't Bait Me (Nora Jacobs, #3)
  • Hunting Darkness (Demon Hunter, #1)
  • Stained Hearts (Salsang Chronicles, #2)
  • Gypsy Rising (All the Pretty Monsters, #5)
  • Smoke and Wishes (Best Wishes #1)
  • The Lost and the Chosen (The Lost Sentinel, #1)
  • Infinity Chronicles (Infinity Chronicles #1)
  • Hunting Light (Demon Hunter, #2)

Nephilim's Destiny (5 books)
  • Destined Darkness (Nephilim's Destiny, #1)
  • Destined Blood (Nephilim's Destiny, #2)
  • Destined Storm (Nephilim's Destiny, #4)
  • Destined Radiance (Nephilim's Destiny, #5)