Start by marking “Piggybacker (Vessel of Lost Souls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Piggybacker (Vessel of Lost Souls, #1)

Piggybacker (Vessel of Lost Souls, #1)

TOO LATE TO SAVE HIS LIFE. NOT TOO LATE TO BRING HIM BACK.

Everyone thinks Marley tried to take her own life, that is, except Marley. After her mother sends her to a youth center for troubled teens, she starts hearing the voice of a boy who claims he was murdered and begins questioning her own sanity. The voice is Gavin, a seventeen-year-old boy who promises Marley he can h
355 pages
Published January 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Piggybacker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Piggybacker

Giselle
Jan 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
ARCs can be requested here: [closed - other review opportunities found here]
Thomas Morrison
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book it was excellent and was written really well. When I read most books I can generally use clues from the text to figure out what will happen. When I read this book I had no idea what going to happen, I loved this about the text. The characters were introduced correctly and I was hooked after reading the first page. I loved the beginning especially when Marley met Dr. Crystal and the way Dr. Crystal was introduced as perfect and organized.
Caroline Noe
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marley is a teen who struggles with everyone believing she tried to kill herself, even though she can't remember doing it. Then she hears the voice of a dead boy in her head pleading for help. This is an unusual YA premise with layered characters, strong female friendships and a poignant central romance. It combines a touch of magic, the supernatural and the pain of loss, all in one extraordinary story. Recommended.
K.J. Simmill
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marley had no idea what had happened. It was the first anniversary of her father's death, and life was starting to feel almost normal again. Then she was accused of trying to kill herself. She had no memories of that day, but she knew with certainty this could not be true. She would never try to take her own life. The wounds, the evidence, all seemed to point to the contrary. To add insult to injury, when she was placed in the 'mental hospital' to recover she started to go insane. She kept heari ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

This is a very strange story concept and a little creepy. I gave it 5 stars though because I enjoyed it. Marley McCartney is just a typical high school senior until she is found with a knife in her stomach on her kitchen floor. After treatment at the hospital, she is admitted to a juvenile mental health facility. Everyone thinks she tried to commit suicide. Marley has no idea what happened that day but knows she didn’t stab herself.

There is nothing Marley wants more than to go home
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting and fun read!

I really enjoyed this one. Marley was a great character. I loved the way Noble brought her characters to life and showcased the struggle as a teen to relate to adults.

There was a lot of mystery and intrigue in this book. I really adored Marley and Kimmy's friendship and I was totally Team Gavin 😂 that boy had me swooning and I'm no longer a teenager!

Definitely a great addition to YA paranormal romance and I'm looking forward to seeing where things go from here ❤
Natalie
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A well written novel. The pace and the tension are steadily picking up as you read the story, to the point where you no longer can put it down until you finish the book. It’s not creepy or scary. But it is emotional, believable, goosebumps-raising, heart-pounding, tears-in-your-eyes kind of story.

Even though it is written for younger (YA) audience, I am sure many adults will enjoy it, too. The twists in this complex plot will keep you guessing to the very end. Highly recommend to anyone who lov
Noelle Brighton
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an exciting adventure! Noble takes us on a rollercoaster ride filled with emotion, magic, and strong ties of love and devotion. The plot is unique and she does a fantastic job of weaving a great story adventure while giving us genuine characters to cheer for and villains to hate! This is a fun read and I look forward to her next novel!
Shannon Hiner
Review Coming Soon...
Darlene Toulouse
I never finish books this fast. I loved it so much The dialogue is intriguing and the twists and turns were exciting. I couldn’t wait to find out what happened to these characters!
Barbara Strickland
Clever and creative

I would have given a higher rating but the pace dropped halfway through the story and it dragged to the end and lost some of the pace needed with such a complex plot. It is the first book in a the series for a new author and the premise is very interesting so look forward to seeing what happens next.
P.C. Darkcliff
Jen
Feb 03, 2019
Rita
Feb 03, 2019
As far back as she can remember, Mikki was creating characters and stories in her head. It wasn’t until fate brushed the tip of its wings over her eyes that she began to see that writing was what she was born to do. She loves animals, reading, everything supernatural related, and enjoys spending her free time on social media whenever she can.