Start by marking “Piggybacker (Vessel of Lost Souls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Piggybacker (Vessel of Lost Souls, #1)

Piggybacker

(Vessel of Lost Souls #1)

Did someone say resurrection?

Oh yes, it was the annoying voice in my head. We'll trade, he said. I bring him back and he'll help me figure out how I was stabbed and almost died. But I've only got a week or he will be lost forever, and then I'll never find the truth.

The part he failed to mention was that someone doesn't want him to come back at all, and they'll stop at noth
355 pages
Published January 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Piggybacker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Piggybacker

Start your review of Piggybacker (Vessel of Lost Souls, #1)
Ginny Stone
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whilst this is not a genre I usually read, I found myself frantically turning pages to see what was going to happen next... and I certainly did not expect the ending.

The characters were likeable and believable, and whilst there are some wildly far-fetched bits, they fit in with the storyline.

A good read. Thank you, Mikki.
Giselle
Jan 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
ARCs can be requested here: [closed - other review opportunities found here] ...more
Catherine
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I fell in love with Marley and cheered for her as she fought through every obstacle in her way, some real world, some magical. The story is well-written and well-paced with twists and turns I didn’t see coming. I’m usually cliffhanger averse but this one was the perfect balance of completion and open door to more to come with these characters. I’d definite read more from this author!
Erin Hudgens
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I REALLY liked this book. The characters were great, the plot was unique, and it left me wanting to read the second one. I’m all “WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?!” Very creative. 😁
Thomas Morrison
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book it was excellent and was written really well. When I read most books I can generally use clues from the text to figure out what will happen. When I read this book I had no idea what going to happen, I loved this about the text. The characters were introduced correctly and I was hooked after reading the first page. I loved the beginning especially when Marley met Dr. Crystal and the way Dr. Crystal was introduced as perfect and organized.
Chelsea Chafin
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The final twist is only one you can hope for. I am normally really good at predicting things, and that one got me. Very good read and I look forward to reading more of the series!
Caroline Noe
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marley is a teen who struggles with everyone believing she tried to kill herself, even though she can't remember doing it. Then she hears the voice of a dead boy in her head pleading for help. This is an unusual YA premise with layered characters, strong female friendships and a poignant central romance. It combines a touch of magic, the supernatural and the pain of loss, all in one extraordinary story. Recommended.
K.J. Simmill
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marley had no idea what had happened. It was the first anniversary of her father's death, and life was starting to feel almost normal again. Then she was accused of trying to kill herself. She had no memories of that day, but she knew with certainty this could not be true. She would never try to take her own life. The wounds, the evidence, all seemed to point to the contrary. To add insult to injury, when she was placed in the 'mental hospital' to recover she started to go insane. She kept heari ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

This is a very strange story concept and a little creepy. I gave it 5 stars though because I enjoyed it. Marley McCartney is just a typical high school senior until she is found with a knife in her stomach on her kitchen floor. After treatment at the hospital, she is admitted to a juvenile mental health facility. Everyone thinks she tried to commit suicide. Marley has no idea what happened that day but knows she didn’t stab herself.

There is nothing Marley wants more than to go home
Jennifer Wilson
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Piggyback vessel of lost souls

This was an interesting story. After I read what it was about, I thought I’d give it a shot.
It’s the story of a teenage girl named Marley. She’s had some kind of accident and you first meet her in an institution. They think she tried to kill herself, but she insists that she didn’t. But the problem is, she cant remember what happened to cause her wounds that almost killed her.
While at the institution, she begins hearing the voice of a boy, Gavin. He’s asking her
Natalie
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A well written novel. The pace and the tension are steadily picking up as you read the story, to the point where you no longer can put it down until you finish the book. It’s not creepy or scary. But it is emotional, believable, goosebumps-raising, heart-pounding, tears-in-your-eyes kind of story.

Even though it is written for younger (YA) audience, I am sure many adults will enjoy it, too. The twists in this complex plot will keep you guessing to the very end. Highly recommend to anyone who lov
Michelle Miller
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I picked up Piggybacker from a recommendation and I was not disappointed! The plot was unique, at least to me and the characters were well written. The first chapter hooked me immediately and I adored the main character Marley. The plot kept me guessing throughout.

Looking forward to reading book two.
Noelle Brighton
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an exciting adventure! Noble takes us on a rollercoaster ride filled with emotion, magic, and strong ties of love and devotion. The plot is unique and she does a fantastic job of weaving a great story adventure while giving us genuine characters to cheer for and villains to hate! This is a fun read and I look forward to her next novel!
Tina Renaud
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read a book more than once but I've actually read this one three times. I can't wait for the next one and I hear there are supposed to be three. This is a teen fiction novel which I never actually read so I was doubly surprised that I enjoyed this one. Would I pick it up off the shelf at the book store? Probably not, but it was very well written and the characters made me laugh.
Barb Wild
I enjoyed this book, I won it and read it. It is just not my genre but I was interested in the storyline of the young girl who thought she heard voices and was sent away to troubled teen camp. She continued to hear the voice of a 17 year old boy and followed through on some of his suggestions to her. Good book, fast read, and will share it with my online book club.
Dawn Hosmer
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Piggybacker is a great novel for those who enjoy a story with a unique premise, loads of action, quirky characters, a touch of romance, and lot of twists & turns that leave you guessing until the end. While this book is outside of my normal genre to read, I enjoyed going on the adventure with Marley. ...more
Deanna Katie
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book because I started following Mikki on Facebook and I think she's a great writer and I was not disappointed at all! I really enjoyed the characters and the storyline. I don't usually read teen fiction but I'm sure glad that I read this book and I look forward to the next one.
Darlene Toulouse
I never finish books this fast. I loved it so much The dialogue is intriguing and the twists and turns were exciting. I couldn’t wait to find out what happened to these characters!
Matthew
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome, cant wait to read the next ones
Élise Guilbeault
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book and love all the twist!
Emmett J.
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful book.

I got caught up in the story right from the get go. The girl, Marley, goes through grief piled on to get back to a normal life. It would certainly be nice to find ones soul mate and know that for a fact. This book stands on its own, but leaves open issues to carry us into the next book. Ms. Noble is a fine craftsman weaving this tale. I'm looking forward to the next.
Shannon Hiner
Piggybacker is Mikki Noble's debut into the YA Paranormal game, and as such it's a promising beginning. The writing is easy to read, character\s motivations easy to follow, and the fast pace of the plot will keep you turning the pages. There's plenty of twists and turns and never a dull moment. I was surprised by the way mythology was tied into the story, and am very curious to see how that is expanded upon in future installments.

While the novel ties up on a satisfying conclusion, there are ple
Elisha Bugg
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now I haven't read a lot of YA paranormal books (the odd one or two) but I have to say I fell in love with this book.
Not only is the cover art striking and beautifully designed, catching your attention and letting you know straight away what sort of thing to expect, the story is wonderful and unique.
It started off strong with an interesting opener and some lovely descriptions, and did not disappoint or lose momentum as the story progressed.
Fantastic character interactions and personalities.
I
Nicole Dunton
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most people are able to compare books to other books. Sometimes movies and television shows as well. I'm never really good at that. It's not that I refuse to. I just don't really connect things that well. It's very rare that I do come up with comparisons. This is one of the few that I can. This book is like Girl Interrupted meets Medium. I can't say any more than that without giving it away. I love love loved this book! I couldn't get enough! I read over a hundred pages in one sitting when I sta ...more
Nick Braker
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to avoid spoilers (sort of). So, feel free to read my critique without fear of anything more than names. Kimmie, Marley, and Gavin to name a few. Simply put, the book is a great read. It's pacing is good though there is a just a tad bit of slowness near the middle. The plot is presented well and is brought out with great timing. I liked the ending but will admit to not being surprised (only because I read a lot).

Subtle Spoiler: Don't read if you don't want to know. Most readers will li
Jessica
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
You ever read a book, and can't wait for the next book!?!?! Welp that was me reading Piggybacker, the plot was my favorite! I'm not sure what I was expecting due to the title of the book but I sure got a surprise. Marley is trying to put her life back together after struggling to understand why people think she tried to kill herself. Marley knows she would never to something like this, especially after what happened to her father. But mom doesn't believe her because the evidence looks like Marle ...more
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: supernatural
Exciting and fun read!

I really enjoyed this one. Marley was a great character. I loved the way Noble brought her characters to life and showcased the struggle as a teen to relate to adults.

There was a lot of mystery and intrigue in this book. I really adored Marley and Kimmy's friendship and I was totally Team Gavin 😂 that boy had me swooning and I'm no longer a teenager!

Definitely a great addition to YA paranormal romance and I'm looking forward to seeing where things go from here ❤️
Barbara Strickland
Clever and creative

I would have given a higher rating but the pace dropped halfway through the story and it dragged to the end and lost some of the pace needed with such a complex plot. It is the first book in a the series for a new author and the premise is very interesting so look forward to seeing what happens next.
Nita Pan
At the beginning of this year, I entered an Instagram giveaway and won a copy of Mikki Noble's book, Piggybacker. It several months to get my act together and read it, and even longer to gather my thoughts to write a review. One thing is for certain: I adored reading this.

To read the full review, follow this link: https://aweebiteccentric.wordpress.co...
P.C. Darkcliff
Apr 09, 2019

• The Space Between
  • Hills Like White Elephants
  • The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall
  • Breaking Night: A Memoir of Forgiveness, Survival, and My Journey from Homeless to Harvard
  • Broken
  • Unforeseen
  • The Haunting of Highdown Hall (Psychic Surveys, #1)
  • Agent of Darkness (Dark Fae FBI, #3)
  • The Cursed Key (The Cursed Key Trilogy, #1)
  • Agent of the Fae (Dark Fae FBI, #4)
  • The Promise (Isabel's Story, Book 1)
  • Agent of Chaos (Dark Fae FBI, #2)
  • Mandy (Reach for the Dead #1)
  • Embellished (Chronicles of Orian Book 1)
  • The Call (The Call, #1)
  • Spark of Lightning (Storm Warden Chronicles #1)
  • Smiling Irish (The Summerhaven Trio, #2)
  • The Trap (Trapped, #0.5)
Mikki knew she was meant to be a writer from a very young age; since writing her very first poem at age eleven. She lives in Ontario, Canada, with her cats and guinea pigs. She found her niche in teen fiction because it’s captivating, open-minded, fast-paced, and every sense is heightened. And that’s why it’s her favorite genre to pick up at a bookstore.

Mikki has a diploma in both, Business Admin

Vessel of Lost Souls (2 books)
  • Limbonian (Vessel of Lost Souls, #2)

News & Interviews