Start by marking “Into the Ashes” as Want to Read:
Into the Ashes

Into the Ashes

ebook
Published February 2019 by Severed Press

To ask other readers questions about Into the Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Ashes

F.D. Gross
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tbc-reviews
Lee Murray is back at it with her next installment of famed New Zealand warrior soldier, Taine McKenna. A one way ticket to hell is the best way to describe this action packed, roller coasting, runaway train! With danger lurking in every moment, in every fiber of existence, the reader is catapaulted into a nightmare chain of events, each with its own possibility of death at the forefront. It’s no surprise Murray subjects her characters (victims) to the refinery of raw nature (that is New Zealand ...more
Darren
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got this from tbc reviews that I am a member on facebook as a e book. I enjoyed reading it. It had a good story to it. I read the other two books in this series and liked them too. I hope to read more books by this author.
Dan Strawn
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In the decade or so I've been following her work, Lee Murray has demonstrated an admirable talent for harnessing her vivid imagination to the demands of good story telling. I was recently gifted a copy of her latest work, INTO THE ASHES. It is perhaps her most compelling tale.

Kudos to her for fashioning an entertaining story.

Kudos to her for molding it from the people, land, and legends of her New Zealand homeland.

Kudos to her for setting the story in modern times with believable characters, b
jhanami
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third in the series and it’s another great Taine McKenna adventure - this time there’s earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, escaped prisoners and fire demons - and of course more of New Zealand’s fantastic landscapes and legends.
Yet again the plot is fast-paced, full of action, and tensely atmospheric.
We are meeting some old friends, and have to say goodbye to others - I’m desperately hoping for more adventures in this series, but this one feels like a nice round ending if it were the l
Susan Angela Wallace
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Into the ashes by Lee Murray.
No longer content to rumble in anger, the great mountain warriors of New Zealand’s central plateau, the Kāhui Tupua, are preparing again for battle. At least, that’s how the Māori elders tell it. The nation’s leaders scoff at the danger. That is; until the ground opens and all hell breaks loose. The armed forces are hastily deployed; NZDF Sergeant Taine McKenna and his section tasked with evacuating civilians and tourists from Tongariro National Park. It is too litt
Monica Mac
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Into the Ashes is the third book in the series by New Zealand author, Lee Murray. This reads well as a standalone, but I read the first two and I would absolutely recommend doing that (because, let’s face it, those two books are also terrific reads and I wouldn’t want anyone to miss out but also because it gently rounds out the backstory of the characters).

This time around, there is significant volcanic activity which necessitates Taine McKenna and his mates helping to evacuate civilians from th
Emma Ounsworth
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great Taine McKenna novel, reintroducing some cool characters and continuing with the same gruesome, fast pace of the other novels.
I love learning more about the Maori folklore and traditions, this book is full of them along with a interesting story revolving around the rage of the volcanoes and some nasty abandoned inmates from the local prison.
Can’t wait for the next story.
Charlotte K
Into the Ashes is the third book in the Taine McKenna series, based in New Zealand and serves up another generous helping of thrilling action adventure. This time Sergeant Taine Mckenna is helping evacuate the small towns in the central plateau as a volcano threatens to blow. Thrown into the mix are a desperate band of escaped convicts and a cast of other characters, trying to esape the mountain’s fury, including his ex.

The story is a fabulous blend of disaster movie action and Maori mythology.
Steph Warren
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of this novel, with thanks to the author. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

Some familiar faces return in Into the Ashes; as well as Taine (obviously) we have Jules, Pringle, Read, Hine, Eriksen, Lefty and Temera, all on different but converging paths that lead them straight into an imminent natural disaster.

As with previous books, Taine and Temera gradually come to the realisation that the disaster they are facing may not be entirely natural after all, b
J.L.
Shelves: november-2018

Disclaimer: I received an ebook in exchange for an honest review.

The third installment of the Taine McKenna adventures follows the format of the two previous books without becoming formulaic or predictable. It's an action-packed adventure featuring human and supernatural dangers, full of both familiar faces and new characters I hope to see again in future books.

This time, the supernatural element is a lot less obvious -- no giant monsters this time. Instead, Murray delves deeper into Ne
Yvonne Davies
3rd in the series featuring Sergeant Taine Mckenna and things are getting worse on the central plateau in New Zealand. With his task force, he is responsible for evacuating any residents that have not made it out in time. Unbeknown to him, his ex-girlfriend Jules is on the hunt for a reptile, that is near extinction and a group of prisoners have been left to escape. With their lives in danger from Mother Nature, can they all survive?
Whilst this follows on from Into the Sound, it can be read as a
Doug Goodman
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure
Lee Murray is becoming one of my new favorite authors on any continent. She has a skill of blending the supernatural and natural in this absolute joyride of a book. It follows several characters who have been featured in her previous books, Into the Sound and Into the Void. It is these characters, and Lee's ability to make you fall in love with them, that cements the book. As a fan of local legends and indigenous backgrounds, I really liked that this book steeps itself in Maori mythology.
Chris Tunnicliffe
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fast paced action thriller featuring Taine Mckenna an SAS officer. This time the action is set in the central plateau of New Zealand in the middle of a volcanic eruption. The army is involved in evacuations, at the same time prisoners are running amok while evacuating. Similar mystical events are running through this book as in the previous books. Lots of action and fast thinking make this a real page turner, hoping there is more to come.
Pamela Morton
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in this series. Many thanks to Tbc group for allowing me to review it. This book was a great read. Lots of action and good page turning book. Great for a thrill seeker.
Samantha Smith
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Into The Ashes is the third book in the Sergeant Taine McKenna series and it follows him and his tactical team being sent to New Zealand's central plateau to help in the last minute evacuation of the region's civilians and tourists.

Hell has come to New Zealand with the earth opening up and spewing hot ash, rocks and fireballs. Throw into the mix a group of scientists researching the quakes; Dr Jane Asher foolishly trying to find an endangered species in the middle of a National emergency and a
Kamini Mehta
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one is definitely darker than the first two. Descriptive and powerful, you can't help cheering the good guys while holding your breath.
Barbara
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great characters

Just love this series of books. The characters are seem so real, and now I can't wait for the next adventure!
Dan
Grace Bridges
Geoff
Mar 13, 2019
Piper Mejia
This is the third in the Taine McKenna series and the storylines just get more twisted and terrifying. You've got to love a man who takes his job seriously, even when faced with mythical monsters, murderers and the girl he can't get out of his head. Intertwined with all the heart-racing action of a natural disaster (earthquakes and volcanic eruptions) there is love and loss, hope and betrayal and most importantly retribution. Not to give too much away, Lee has a light touch to rounding out chara ...more
Nicholas Diak