Start by marking “My Not So Wicked Stepbrother (My Not So Wicked #1)” as Want to Read:
My Not So Wicked Stepbrother (My Not So Wicked #1)

My Not So Wicked Stepbrother

(My Not So Wicked #1)

I, Emma Loveless, have a destiny. It's not the greatest of destinies, but when you have a name like Loveless, what can you do? I'm cursed to always be the friend, never the girlfriend. Unless you count my love affair with Duncan Hines, Dr. Pepper, and the ever-lovable Pillsbury Doughboy. They've seen me through it all, but a girl needs more than refined sugar to curl up to ...more
Published January 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about My Not So Wicked Stepbrother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Not So Wicked Stepbrother

Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Loved it!!! The funny snark (yet not annoying) of Emma kept me entertained throughout this angst and drama fest balanced by witty humor, genuine compassion, true friendship, and toe curling romance. The characters jump off the page, and the first person perspective of Emma really gets the reader in her head. Two of my favorite tropes blend nicely here- unrequited love and friends to lovers- as Emma and Sawyer are made for each other... except tragedy strikes and they end up as step brother and s ...more
Kathy Jo
Cursed. Anyone with the last name Loveless would be. At least that's what Emma believes. She's always the best friend, never the girlfriend. But that doesn't stop her mother from playing matchmaker. She's determined to help Emma find the love of her life. When her mom tells her that she's found "the one" for Emma, she tries to discourage her, but to no avail.

One text. Just one text from an unknown number. Who knew that one text would be the catalyst to flip Emma's world upside down? Turns out he
Katie W
Years ago, I saw a movie where two adults were rekindling a romance while their children fell in love and I thought, "Ew! Gross! They could be step-siblings!" However, this story had none of that "ick" factor--it was all about that swoon!

Emma's situation nearly broke my heart in this modern-day Cinderella story, especially as she feels her last name is a curse. She is one down-to-earth and real character, which is super refreshing next to so many of the characters in this book. She embraces who
Kathy
Shelves: read-in-2019
Another great book from Jennifer Peel... one I didn't want to put down.

Content: Steamy clean - Mild language & innuendo
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I always love diving into one of Ms. Peel's books. The cover and title really intrigued me with this one and I was excited to read it. I thought this was a fun read, kept me engaged and wanting to see how things would work out. Emma and Sawyer are best friends and new step-siblings, so how would a relationship ever work? I have to admit the "friends first" trope isn't a favorite for me, but I still thought this was a good story. I can see why it's already bringing in great reviews. I look forwar ...more
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
First of all, I think this is my favorite Jennifer Peel book cover- and that's saying something because I think all her book covers are awesome. But this one just makes me happy. That classy man sitting there looking all sexy and then that pink to off set the black? Yum. Yeah, the glitter doesn't hurt either. This book cover says to me, "grab your chocolate, girl and settle in because Jennifer Peel is going to take you for a yummy ride!" This cover doesn't lie.

Emma is funny and that is awesome f
MrsJoseph
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK?????!!!!!!

I haven't been so emotionally letdown and enraged like this since reading Just One Of The Guys in 2016. My Not So Wicked Stepbrother is almost exactly like that shitshow and I am ENRAGED I allowed this clusterfuck to take over my evening reading.

This shit is not a fucking Romance and it's so fucking far from a romantic comedy I'm not even smiling. What in the actual fuck.

Spoilers all up in this bitch

So. The heroine’s mother sets her with the hero in the prologue
Tiffany
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Enjoyable and well written book.
Christina
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s no secret that I LOVE any/all books by Jennifer Peel. I promise I’m no sycophant, but dang she is so unbelievable talented that I have yet to read a book by her that I don’t adore. When I saw this newest book available on Amazon yesterday (yes-last night I read the ENTIRE book!) I immediately bought it and did a happy dance around my kitchen.

The premise of this book piqued my curiosity from the beginning. The preface had me laughing so hard- goodness Emma and Sawyer can banter like no othe
Zubee
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! A different and hilarious take on unrequitted love which turns out to be not-unrequitted
H and h talk on the phone and plan a date but h's mother dies before the date. H attends the funeral with his gold-digging mother (villain) who puts the moves on her distraught and rich father, making the H and h step-siblings and great friends.
This was hilarious, fun to read and Emma made a great h; she was comfortable in her own skin, had her eccentricities and was a generally lovable and sweet h.
H was
Annette
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute, light and fun. The scene where they finally get together is totally worth the wait.
Sarah Monzon
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I could relate to Emma’s sweet tooth and extra 15 lbs haha. Just a fun book.
TJ
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5.0

Yes, I know, I know, this story embodies a trope I usually avoid like the plague - unrequited love between two “best friends”. This type always leaves me spending the entire reading experience wanting to scream at the page, “Just SAY something for heaven’s sake!!!” And, I did that throughout this entire book. Drove me nuts! That’s also the reason I gave it a 4.5 instead of a straight 5 stars. Still, that’s a huge rating considering how much this device drives me crazy.

See - the thing is,
Denise Hershberger
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Sawyer was simply amazing! The first kiss was HOT. And there were so many hilarious moments as well as great romance! Such a good book!
Alisa
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
I loved this one! I'm so excited for this new series!

Right when everything was finally falling into place for Emma, it all blew up and fell apart instead. And the cute eye doctor that she likes? He's now her stepbrother and has her firmly in the friend zone. Even in the friend zone, Emma and Sawyer are so cute together! There are a lot of family dynamics for them to navigate - and throw in a new attractive office manager at Sawyer's eye clinic who is definitely chasing him - and Emma Loveless i
Dilek VT
Feb 21, 2019 marked it as nope
I guess there is a genre called "Clean romance" and this book belongs to it with no intimacy or sex scenes but only some innocent kisses. Well, nope... too clean for me :)
MK ( Makayla)
I'm in literal shock about how good this story actually was .I had very low expecations .
Secondly I am shook by how sweet the love interest was , like who is this guy 😱

Sweetheart ✔
Angry only at appropriate times ✔
Gentleman ✔
Shares his food ✔
Gentle ✔
Respectful ✔
Loyal ✔

His only low points to me were he was smoking hot ,more so the fact that Emma had to remind us of this fact EVERY time she saw him .
We get it he's hot . 😂

Emma ;
I loved her character ,she was more relatable that most female character
LWM
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Charissa
This was a super fun friends to lovers romance. The characters are Emma Loveless and Sawyer King. Emma feels her last name has cursed her in life—every guy she falls for only sees her as a friend and burping buddy. She thought the curse might be broken when her mom set her up with Sawyer King. But then circumstances changed drastically before they could ever go on their first date. He became her stepbrother…and that first date never happened. But he’s become her best friend. She hates the f-word ...more
Holly Cunningham
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best heartfelt book I've read.

This book is funny, and so heartfelt, I haven't had a book touch my heart like this book has. It definitely is my favorite book. It's well written, well thought out. Definitely Jennifer Peel at her best. I wish I could put into words just how amazing this book is. I've already read it twice . Love the wisdom she added into this story. Well done Jennifer !
Toni Shiloh
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Jennifer Peel's writing and will buy her book the second I know it's out. So that's what I did with this release and I devoured it in one setting. Definitely one of my favorites and one I will be rereading because it's so awesome. And maybe it's because I saw a lot of myself in Emma.
Cynthia
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Amazing and frustrating all in the same time....... Great read though
Jaycee Weaver
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wickedly funny

Wickedly funny and packed with emotional angst and craziness from page one. Emma is a delight, a real girl who’s probably one of the most relatable heroines I’ve ever read.

I don’t typically use made-up buzz words like “unputdownable,” but this clean, quirky romance is exactly that. The title is so hilariously misleading, but she injects all the emotional angst of unrequited love, all the cuteness of best-friends-to-more, a whole lot of self-deprecating humor, as well as a heavy da
Brooke
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this one. It was a good story, lots of funny moments, and it is a sweet love story.
Donna
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: modern-romance
Clever

This story is filled with clever sarcasm, embarrassing moments, and romantic conflict. Throw in some family drama and you have a fun story.
Kristy
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Jennifer!! I love each books she writes, her blend of humor (literally laughing out loud while I read) and swoony characters makes her an author I always return to. This story of characters who like each other but are kept from each other due to family issues. I really enjoyed all of these characters and how they developed over the story. Read this book, you won't be sorry.
Julie
May 02, 2019 added it
I loved the journey Sawyer and Emma have with all the twists and turns on their way to love! Emma is totally relatable and so real and Sawyer is a swoon-worthy hero and you will be turning pages long into the night to see if they get their happily-ever-after! I'll definitely be looking for more by Ms. Peel.
Leah Feltner
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
So, I really wanted to love this book from beginning to end but mainly, Emma just kind of annoyed me. Her name is Emma Loveless but I felt like she was more Clueless than anything. However, just because I didn’t really connect with Emma’s character doesn’t mean others wouldn’t...for instance, seeing her drink so much Dr. Pepper really hurt my heart since I think sodas are basically poison. ;-)
Sawyer, though, was a bright spot in the book but still confusing how he only saw good in his evil mom.
Raquel M.
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Slow Burn

Wow, they don't even get together until 91%. I like build up and angst, but this was not that. It was just redundant longing from the beginning. I was going to DNF at Chapter 5, but with such high ratings I was willing to make it to the end. At 50% I thought we would be do e with the repetative longing, but I was wrong.

The characters were all great, even the secondary characters. There are some funny parts and sweetness, but if you have a another choice for a book to read, I'd read that
Jessie
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love At First Text

I loved Emma and Sawyer! From their first conversation they had me. Emma is very funny and straightforward. She thinks that a friend is teasing her and claiming to be Sawyer. Even when she finds out who she was texting with, she takes it in stride.

I loved Emma’s confidence. Her list of relationships on Facebook including Ben and Jerry, The Pilsbury Doughboy, and Betty Crocker. This was a girl who loved her food, was a little insecure about her appearance, but not enough to do
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Dreaming of Ivy (Love and Flowers Trilogy, #2)
  • One Small Chance (A Love Story from Portugal)
  • The Proposing Kind (Brew Ha Ha #4)
  • Death Thieves
  • Love Under Construction (Indulgence Row, #2)
  • Date Shark (Date Shark, #1)
  • One December Night
  • Catching Caytie (A Summer in Snow Valley)
  • Oh, Come On: Be Faithful (Countdown to Christmas #3)
  • A Heart Made of Indigo (Journeys of the Heart, #1)
  • Altar-Ed Plans
  • The Protective Groom (Billionaire Marriage Brokers #5)
  • My Fair Aussie
  • Jailbird (Sound of Silence Series, #2)
  • The Adventurous One (Billionaire Bride Pact)
  • Star Struck
  • Royal Quest (The Royals of Monterra; Noble Hearts #1)
  • Heart & Soul (The Minstrel Series, #3)
Jennifer Peel is the mother of three amazing kiddos. Wife to her one and only for the past twenty-two years. Lover of late night talks, beach vacations, the mountains, pink bubble gum ice cream, tours of model homes, and southern living. She can frequently be found with her laptop on, fingers typing away, indulging in chocolate milk, and writing out the stories that are constantly swirling through ...more

My Not So Wicked (2 books)
  • My Not So Wicked Ex-Fiancé (My Not So Wicked #2)