Start by marking “Smolder Road (Scorch #6)” as Want to Read:
Smolder Road (Scorch #6)

Smolder Road

(Scorch #6)

One thing is clear to Lucy Luciano: she and enigmatic survivalist Roan Winters are meant to be together.

He disagrees.

Life at the Haven survival compound is frustrating for the youngest and only girl of the Luciano clan. In a world torn apart by pandemic and fraught with danger, Lucy struggles to find her role. While her sisters-in-law develop the cure for ScorcLuciano:

ebook

To ask other readers questions about Smolder Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smolder Road

Heather
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mary
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Excellent close to the current romantic apocalypse Scorch series. I enjoyed them all. Smolder Road can stand on its own or be read as last of its series. It's that good. Smolder Road is the harrowing passionate love story of Lucy and Roan. Lucy's abduction sets off an explosion of emotions as her rescue progresses. I loved the depth of these characters and the promise of more to come. If you like romantic thrillers you will love this one.
Diane Tosney
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome story and end to this series. Even with all the crazy bad stuff happening in the world, both fictional and real, it is wonderful to see that people can find good and Love. This story really made me think about a lot of things and maybe even gave me some hope for the future of our world.
Dianne Biscoe
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this ARC copy of this book & it certainly interrupted my plans for the last 2 days! I could barely put it down to sleep at night! The last in the original series about the Scorch Flu pulls you in immediately. (I mention original series because the authors indicated "we are not necessarily done writing about the Haven and the Lucianos).
The book reminds me that there are so many truly bad people in the world that only want to hurt others. But it also showcases how love makes s
Anima
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring ending! Beautifully wrapped up with babies, good news, and Luciano leaders. Lucy and Roan have had an invisible relationship that was only obvious to Lucy. Roan has not had an easy life, love is foreign to him. We've seen part of their connection with each book and they finally get it together. This book is told from multiple POVs from Ana, Lucy, Roan and the Senator. Each voice vitally important to the story. Evil has come to the Haven and the Luciano's won't sit idle. Everyone has a ...more
Elisa
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So this is the end........ well it's the end of the first wave of the Scorch series.

Lucy Luciano, the youngest of the Luciano siblings and the last to tell her story.

Roan is Lucy's brother JT's best friend he is loyal but doesn't believe he deserves love, Lucy is determined to show Roan not only does he deserve love but her deserves her love, it wont be a smooth road when Stubborn meets Determined.

When Lucy is kidnapped by her sister in law Jolene's brother wh
Sandie
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh Boy! Receiving an ARC of this was guaranteed to interrupt my reading schedule! I finished this sixth book in the series in two nights (and that was only because I had to go out during the day!!)
This Scorch Road series has gripped me from book one and the sixth hasn't disappointed in any way. Lucy (who is the youngest of the Luciano children) knows that she is the one for Roan. Privately Roan may agree, but he is unable to accept that he is worthy of it, so he refuses her advances. Lucy
Coco.V
Sep 26, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (9/26/18)!💝

Blurb:

He disagrees.

Life at the Haven survival compound is frustrating for the youngest and only girl of the Luciano clan. In a world torn apart by pandemic and fraught with danger, Lucy struggles to find her role. While her sisters-in-law develop the cure for Scorch Flu, and her brothers strive to secure their safety, L
Nicole
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Smolder Road is set a number of months after the other books, and finally we get to read more about Lucy and Roan! I've been waiting for this one, and it did not disappoint. Lucy is a determined spitfire (this didn't mention it, but I believe previous books in the series said she was in law school when Scorch Flu broke out), and Roan is a tortured loner. The two of them seem drawn to each other with Roan putting up walls that he has trouble obeying.

This story also features a number of other POV
Lisa Hudson
HIGH INTENSITY!!

Smolder Road (Scorch Series Romance Thriller Book 6) is action packed, high intensity from start to finish. The Luciano Family is continuing on their quest to find a vaccine for the secondary infection of Scorch Flu. This is little sister Lucy's story. She’s had a thing for JT’s friend Roan. When the skinheads of the Great Nation America capture and torture one of the Lucianos, they only think they are prepared for the wrath that will come upon them. This is a book fi
Toni
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whew!!!

Whew! I can breath now...sorta! This sixth book shares the tale of the Luciano's little sister, Lucille "Lucy" Luciano.

This last of the Luicano siblings tales rounds out the storyline about Lucy and her love for Roan. JT's friend from book one. We learn the truth of Roan and his growing up with out a real family, just a cruel grandfather that is brutal physically and emotionally.

Lucy know Roan loves her, just can't understand why Roan doesn't accept this. Lucy leaves Roans
Sheree
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When the world as you know it comes crashing down, you'll want to be part of the extended Luciano family. Working together to recreate a demolished society, the Luciano brothers, all with admirable qualities (both physical and otherwise ), stand for what is right and just. Their younger sister Lucy is a strong determined woman on her own quest for finding her place in this new world. Roan has her heart, but not at any price. Lucy and Roan have much to work through both apart and together in this ...more
Susan de Gracia
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This can't be the last one! It just can't!

"Love heals. We are better together. With love we can rebuild the world." These are the common threads that run through the Scorch Series. The problem with these books is that they are so good I read them so fast and then I have to wait for the next one. And there had best be a next one. This series is just too good to stop here and, fortunately, I believe the authors are planning to continue it at some point as there is so much more story to tell. I
Paula Sindberg
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read in the Scorch series. Roan and Lucy have always been intriguing minor characters in the other books. Now they take Center stage in their own book. This is supposed to be the last book in the series, though Toby and Emily have hinted that there may be more related books to come. There better be more or I will come looking for the dynamic duo and will tie them to their desks until they write more. Toby and Emily, don't make me go "Grey Man" on you!
Mommysmoose
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fabulous ending to this smoking hot series. I loved Lucy and Roan and think that they made a wonderful couple. Lucy is so strong and full of life. Roan is so strong and needs to open up and be loved and Lucy is just the person to do it. I have loved all the books but, after reading this one I know that this is my favorite. I'm just sorry that it's the last of the series. There is so much potential for more. You won't be able to put this book down. it is non stop action and full of family ...more
kc
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This final book in the series is the best one yet. Each book focuses on one member of the Luciano family and their trials and tribulations dealing with the pandemic scorch flu. This last one focuses on young Lucy and the enigmatic Roan. Don't start this if you have something pressing to do. It may not get done.
BJ
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, tobyemily
I received an ARC copy or this book for an honest review, and in ALL honesty, here it is: This ‘capstone’ novel is SO well-written (as usual) in first person, from the perspective of 6 of our favorite characters. It’s mostly about the only Luciano sister, Lucy, but showcases the whole family, the love they have and share, the raw determination of doing what’s right, good vs. evil, perseverance, oh, I could go on forever. This whole series has touched me in so many ways, character flaws I can som ...more
Sharon Scott
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the final book in the scorch series and what a scorching series it is! An apocalyptic view of what could become the ending of the United States as we know it. The series was fast paced and Toby and Emily are quite amazing in their writing together. I loved the diversity of the Luciano family and how different they all were and that each ended up with love in their lives. And in the end the series was a love story with suspense and intrigue and just enough reality to make you wonder- what ...more
Debbi Lund
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Toby & Emily continue add to the awesome series. Amazing love stories & characters, the struggle to start new lives. It's all there! I'm usually not a fan of "prepper" stories, but this series drew me from the start! LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT!!
Cheryl Davis
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another awesome book. Lived up to my expectations and then some! The way the book is written, it drags you in and won't let go! The long awaited story of Lucy and Roan does not disappoint. If you like action, suspense and a great love story this is a book you don't want to miss! Loved it! 👁❤the Scorch Series
Ashlee Thatcher
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great way to wrap up a series! This book for sure brought the series back on track, and wrapped everything up in a way that leaves you satisfied if this is the end, but leaves room for more should the authors be so inclines. A great fast paced, action filled book to end on.
Marti
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story! Light & dark, small & large, Lucy & Roan. I love how Lucy goes after what she knows is right for her despite Roan’s broken emotions. Lots of ups and downs, action and romance in this book. The many POVs are a bit distracting but overall still a 5 star tale.
Sandra Lancaster
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent wrap up of the story to this point. It is fast paced, with action and romance. While the focus is on Lucy and Roan, the rest of the family is present and we even get the story from some of their point of views. I enjoyed being on this journey with them.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader copy of this book.
EFinn1
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first wave of Scorch flu is coming to an end but the danger hasn't stopped; a group of lunatic fringe is still on the rise. Lucy and Roan, warriors each in their own right are caught in the middle - not only in the external battle but in battles of their own and with each other. Anymore would be a spoiler. Toby Neal and Emily Kimelman once again seamlessly weave an amazing story. Flawlessly crafted, passionate, poignant and action packed.
Sinead
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And so we come to the end of a truly wonderful series. Thanks to both authors and Jamie for this opportunity to review this six book series. I have thoroughly enjoyed every book but I think smoulder road was my favourite.
Jo Ann Reinhold
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book wraps up the stories of the journey of the Luciano brothers with the story of their sister Lucy and Roan.
Each of these books take us thorough a world of pain, loss and new beginnings...each inspiring hope that the human spirit will prevail!
This book was written in many POV with each voice adding a new level and complexity to the story.
Excellent job Toby and Emily!
Mary
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lucy and Roan Love is the answer

Great edge of your seat story. Great ending to an amazing series. Roan and Lucy take us through a harrowing tale of survival at the hands of the Nation a group of bigots fueled by a taste of power and hatred. Love is the answer and leads to fulfillment. I loved watching Roan grow in his knowledge of himself. I loved Lucy's faith in him. And I love Ana's love for her family. Smolder Road is strong in its portrayal of healthy relationships which survive all adver
Brandy Barber
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other
I find this book brought forth a lot of emotions. We finally tie up some of our favorite stories. We also get to watch the love story between Roan and Lucy. It was not a disappointing story. The scorch flu is finally coming to an end. We still have the skinheads trying to take over but we can see a end to all the harshness that has been going on. I took away from all the books that we need love for everything to work. It heals, It helps people work hard for what they believe in. This strong fami ...more
Cindy Mathis
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series, and I'm hopeful Toby & Emily continue it in some way. What a way to end this chapter in the lives of the Lucianos! I've been looking forward to Roan and Lucy's story since Lucy got to the Haven and saw Roan. The ladies did not disappoint!
Wayne Jacobs
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Fantastic. Great ending for the series but you cannot leave us in suspense. Another book soon to tell us how the New United States survives.

• Kill School: Slice
  • All That Remains Box Set
  • Eden's Promise
  • Retaliation (The Assassins #1)
  • Uncharted Redemption (Uncharted, #2)
  • Disowned  (Allegiance #1)
  • Act of Defiance (Defiance Gray, #1)
  • Alone (Flamestone Trilogy, #1)
  • Torn: True Love (Torn Love, #1)
  • Dysphoria and Grace (The Night Blind Saga #1)
  • Untitled Beauty (Somewhere-in-Between #1)
  • Uncanny Valley
  • Counteract (Resistance #1)
  • Beyond Series Novella Bundle (Beyond, #3.5, 4.5, 5.5)
  • Taming Lucca
  • The Cure
  • Heart of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #1.5)
  • The Extraction List (The Extraction List, #1)
Toby Neal was raised on Kauai in Hawaii. She wrote and illustrated her first story at age 5. After initially majoring in journalism, she eventually settled on mental health as a career and loves her work, saying, “I’m endlessly fascinated with people’s stories.”

Toby credits her counseling background in adding depth to her characters–from the villains to Lei Texeira, the courageous and

Scorch (6 books)
  • Scorch Road (Scorch #1)
  • Cinder Road (Scorch #2)
  • Smoke Road (Scorch #3)