Start by marking “Bayside Romance (Bayside Summers Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Bayside Romance (Bayside Summers Book 5)

Bayside Romance

(Bayside Summers #5)

Fall in love at Bayside, where sandy beaches, good friends, and true love come together in the sweet small towns of Cape Cod. Bayside Summers is a series of standalone steamy romance novels featuring alpha male heroes and sexy, empowered women. They're fun, flirty, flawed, deeply emotional, always passionate, and easy to relate to.

Gavin is about to find out that Harper real/>
Published September 18th 2019 by World Literary Press

To ask other readers questions about Bayside Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bayside Romance

Syndi
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it
This story is kind of beach read. Clean romance. Vanilla romance. The characters are likeable enough. And as promises on the blurb the hero is alpha hero who knows how to swoon his lady. Gavin is really that too good to be true hero. A hero who after you read it, you just want to scoop him to be your knight in shinning armor.

The plot is standard. There is no complicated layers on the story. The steam sex is mediocre.

Overall I like this book OK. OK for a beach read.

3 stars
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)

Bayside Romance is a story about second chances. A second chance to experience love and a chance to revamp career goals. I accepted this book for review because one Melissa Foster wrote it and secondly it was a second chance romance.

Gavin and Harper met at a music festival one year ago, where they engaged in intimacy for one night. It would appear they made an impression on each other, but miscommunication led to them separating after that blissful night of passi
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Audiobook review. Gavin and Harper meet and have an instant connection that leaves them both changed. It was supposed to be one night but fate decided otherwise.

Gavin was a great guy in a way that is almost too good to be true. He said all the right things and made the right moves. If he were a little less perfect it would’ve enhanced the experience as it would’ve been more realistic. Harper was a bit more relatable. She was gun shy after bad experiences and trying to figure herself out. Their
Tpagirl
Bayside Romance was the fifth book in the Bayside Summers series by Melissa Foster. Although connected with the series, it can be read as a stand-alone.

We met Gavin Wheeler in previous books as Serena’s business partner. He had moved with Serena from Boston (Bayside Heat, book three) to start their own design studio at the Cape. He was gorgeous, talented, confident and single.

Harper Garner was the sister to Jana and Brock (books six and nine respectively from Foster’s Bay
Carly Wilson
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘Bayside Romance’ is the fifth book in the ‘Bayside Summers series’, and the perfect book to capture your attention and allow you to still feel like it is summer.

The book is about Harper Garner, a writer who is returning to Bayside after her show got cancelled in LA, and was followed by a serious of bad dates with awful men. She feels like she has failed, and is too afraid to admit to those she loves that her dream just didn’t quite work out.

But what Harper does cling onto is the ma
Nadine Bookaholic
Melissa Foster does it again, she delivers another great read that has us wishing, or me at least, that we were a part of these fun loving friends that care so much for each other they help them see past their own fears and dive into the unknown.

To Gavin Harper was this mythical creature that his friends always talked about but he hadn't met since moving to the cape, well their worlds are about to collide and when they come face to face it's more than a shocker to them both.

Harper is returning to the Cape
Melanie
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everything was looking up for Harper Garner, her career, new move, even a new connection. Though the connection was a one night stand, Harper took a chance and left her number behind, only to be left uncalled. One of many let downs that harpoon Harper until she's had enough. Her screen writing career on the down fall when her show was canceled, and giving up on men all together she high tails it back east to try and piece back together her life as best she could. Feeling as if things could final ...more
Johnaka
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bayside Romance by Melissa Foster
“Chance encounters, 4 stars”

Gavin and Harper had a chance encounter at a music festival and left a lasting impression on each other. They thought about one another ever since but never got any contact for one another leading each of them to wonder if they dreamed the whole encounter. What happens when life pulls them back together?
Gavin had no way of knowing his dream girl was friends with his friends and his business partner. When Harper
Randi (randi_reads)
Sep 13, 2019 rated it liked it

Harper and Gavin had one night together ten months ago and neither got the other's number. She had actually left her number (in is suitcase?), but he never found it. She was hurt that he never called and he was missing the one that got away.
Harper's back in the Cape licking her wounds after living in Los Angeles as a screenwriter. The show she wrote was canceled. She sees Gavin almost immediately on her return as he is friends with her friends. They get over their misunders
Jordan Marie
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
**I received a free copy to read and review for Wicked Reads**

I have read some of Melissa Foster’s other books and I usually am rather charmed by her stories, but this one left me feeling rather disinterested. Maybe I would’ve felt more intrigued by Bayside Romance if I had read any of the previous four books in the Bayside Summer series and had time to warm up to some of the other character that always make appearances throughout the series, but I didn’t. Also, it is important to no
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is the charming story of Harper, a screenwriter who returns to her hometown after Hollywood breaks her heart. And it’s the story of Gavin, an interior designer who can’t believe his luck when the girl from the hook-up he’ll never forget shows up in his hometown.

I enjoy romances that start with hookups and Gavin and Harper’s story is fun and sexy. I enjoyed watching Harper’s confidence grow through the story as
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Bayside Romance by Melissa Foster is book 5 in the Bayside Summers Series. This is the story of Harper Garner and Gavin Wheeler. I have read the previous books, which did add to my enjoyment of this one but you can make this a standalone book if you wish to do so. Gavin and Harper met almost a year ago where they had a hot connection but Harper was on the move to a new job and life, but she did leave her number behind. Gavin of course didn't find it and always wonder about her. Now in their pres ...more
D
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was AMAZING!!! I really cracked up at the whole Parker/Harper confusion at the beginning of the story and the comic relief at the beginning of the story helped me get through some of the more emotional parts of the story, later in the book.

It was a beautiful story to see how two people who met by chance...and for one night...could find their way back to each other. Of course their road to happily ever after is not an easy road but at the end of the day, Harper and Gavin tru
Amanda
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
[I received a digital copy for an honest review]

I always look forward to diving into a new Melissa Foster novel. Bayside Romance is the fifth book in the Bayside Summer series, but they are written so they can be completely enjoyed on their own. This one brings us a second chance romance between Harper and Gavin whose paths had crossed once in the past, and they left a lasting impression on each other.

"She didn't have the words to explain how that made her feel, but it was big, and it was real."

The characters in Bayside Romanceother.
"She
Susan Gorman
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After spending a year working in California, screenwriter Harper Garner has returned to Cape Cod. Harper needs to get back on track; emotionally, romantically and professionally. Her self-confidence is at a low point-her dating radar wasn’t working in LA , her cable series was cancelled and she can’t bring herself to tell her family that her cross country move was a HUGE mistake.
Harper meets her friends at a bonfire and comes face to face with Gavin Wheeler; her best friend’s business part
Toni
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Most of you know already how much I love Melissa Foster and her amazing books so it's not a surprise that I couldn't wait to read the newest book Bayside Romance. Melissa has a way with words and making storylines that make us adult fairytale romance books that are more like real life than a magical dream. She draws you in with the suspense, mystery, and romance. I can't recommend her books any more than I already do.

Bayside Romance follows Harper and Gavin's love at first sight story. Harper
Nicki Conroy
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Melissa Foster has hit it out of the park again. Bayside Romance is a wonderful read that will have you waiting to see how things turn out.

First, the book is set on Cape Cod. I have always had a thing for the Cape. One family vacation there when I was 16 was all it took. While deep down, I could not live without my mountains, the Cape would be my second choice without a doubt. I know where we vacationed was not near where Foster has Bayside set but I can feel like I have been t
Ruthie Taylor
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the fifth book in the series, but as any Foster fan will know, all her books are interlinked, so you will meet up with friends and family from other series too, and the links in this one are fabulously complicated, but also a lot of fun!

This is a lovely second chance romance, following on from a one night encounter at a year ago. As we find out, neither Harper nor Gavin have got over the 'one who got away' but Harper is the mo
Avid Reader
Sep 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Bayside Romance (Bayside Summers #5) by Melissa Foster
3 stars
M/F Second chance romance
Triggers: Some discussion about abortion
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This is the 5th book in the series and anyone who reads Foster's books knows that characters from other books will always pop up. This one didn't disappoint.

Gavin is successful and loves his new business. He enjoys what he does and who he has partnered with. But, aft
Rosie Amber
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Bayside Romance is book 5 in the Bayside Summers series of contemporary romances. This book can be read as a stand-alone. However I believe that readers would find it more enjoyable if they have previously read books 1-4 because there are several other characters with important roles.

This book also brings together others from the 'Foster' book family who have had their stories told in the Seaside Summers series. So if you are a fan of the author's writing you may recognise some famil
Lisa Dryden
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing, an absolutely fantastic read and officially my favourite Bayside book!!!!!!

Gavin and Harper met a year ago and shared an amazing night. Unfortunately due to a misunderstanding this was the last time either saw each other until fate allows them a second chance.

Harper is hurt that she didn't hear from Gavin after their special night and he is the last person she thinks she will encounter when she moves back to the Cape. Although she believes the explanation Gavin
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2019
When does a one night fling become more? For Gavin and Harper that is exactly what happened. Gavin met 'Parker' at a festival and his one night with her left him realising she was the one that got away. That is until he meets Harper, and realises that she is the one that got away and he had got her name wrong! I love their beginning and the mis-communication, he got her name wrong and had no way to contact her only discover that Harper had in fact left her name and number on a piece of paper tha ...more
Stephanie M
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Harper is trying to leave her mark in Hollywood as a coveted screenwriter, but has only found herself hurt with a couple of selections she has made with men. Feeling like she has failed she returns home to recoup and figure out what she needs to do.

Gavin once thought he found love only to have his heart completely broken and feeling betrayed. One night spent at a music festival, has Gavin completely lovestruck, a feeling he never thought he would experience again. But did he experien
Pam
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everyone dreams of that one. The person they feel such a connection with that they can’t stand to be alone. What if you find that one person, wake up the next day alone, wondering if it was a dream. That’s what happened to Gavin & Harper. When Harper took off, she’d left Gavin her name & number but put it in a place he never looked.

This story was wonderful! I enjoyed both characters & their interactions with each other. They both held the other up & refused to allow them to put
Michele
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing

When a one night stand is not in either of the parties thoughts--it happens--but in this case so does love and lust. Then she took off-leaving behind her phone and real name--but he never found it!! Neither ever forgot the other--

Harper Garner left her friends and family to persue her dreams in LA. Her dreams got shattered and so did she! She decided to go home again where she belonged! She was scared of ever trusting her instincts again but all that would change thanks to---
Cathy Tremblay
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Sometimes you have to swim against the tide to make it to calmer waters.”
When you doubt your life, your choices, your dreams and even yourself; only one thing to do, is to surround your wounded soul with good friends and loved ones. When Harper’s life gets crushed under deception, she needs to start all over and only on way to do this was to go back home. I just love how Melissa can always turn stories around and easily link them to previous stories. I was anxious to see what little surpr
Doris Humber
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although it is a series, this book can be read as a stand-alone novel. The novel is so good that I am looking forward to reading the other books in this series.

Gavin and Harper met a long time ago, but led separate lives until one day Harper returns to town and visits her friend. While there she ran into Gavin, the man she had never forgotten since that date night a year ago. He was surprised to see her as well, after all this time.

There was a misunderstanding which led t
Shelly
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Get ready to have your heart stolen by another Melissa Foster hero! Gavin is absolutely a dream. He's loving, supportive, and exactly what Harper needs to balance out her life. I loved her bravery for traveling across the country to such a big city to follow her dream. Unfortunately, it swallowed her up and spit her back up -- like a lot of big cities do! When they get their second chance, I had a small worry that Harper would get caught up in her own head and not let Gavin in to bring her back ...more
Tanya
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ms. Foster has a wonderful way of pulling you in to a book. Yo can't help but fall in love with the characters and want to move to their town. Bayside Romance is another is a long list of Foster books that I wanted to jump right in to and never leave. You feel like the characters are part of your life. I love that all the books and series are interconnected because you get to catch up with all those "friends" again.
Harper and Gavin get their second chance at romance. I love Gavin. He is what we
K.  Ramjohn
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bayside Romance, the 5th book in the Bayside Summer series was a sweet, charming novel that I absolutely loved. This second chance romance was Garvin and Harper's story and it will have you hooked until the end. These two had intense chemistry from the moment they reconnected and you will enjoy their romance. The story was relatively angst free with just one small issue at the end that was soon cleared up. I really enjoyed this story and would highly recommend it to all lovers of contemporary ro ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR

Never miss a release! Follow Melissa here on Amazon and sign up for her newsletter: www.MelissaFoster.com/Newsletter

Start FIVE of Melissa's series FREE in ebook format here:
www.MelissaFoster.com/LIBFREE

Melissa Foster is a New York Times & USA Today bestselling and award-winning author. She writes sexy and heartwarming contemporary romance and women’s fiction with emotionally c

Bayside Summers (6 books)
  • Bayside Desires (Bayside Summers, #1)
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
  • Bayside Heat (Bayside Summers, #3)
  • Bayside Escape (Bayside Summers Book 4)
  • Bayside Fantasies (Bayside Summers book 6)