Start by marking “The Caged Kingdom (Unforgiven #1)” as Want to Read:
The Caged Kingdom (Unforgiven #1)

The Caged Kingdom

(The Unforgiven Series #1)

A woman forged by fire. A girl the curse has chosen.

A Soldier with a secret. A forgotten war.

Katanya Leshi is one of the most powerful Wielders left in the Kingdom of Brodanna.

She spent her life becoming a weapon, as deadly with her magic as she is with a blade.

After vowing never to return to Kara's Guild, only a debt to an old friend can bring her back and into the path
Published April 22nd 2019 by 13 Worlds Press

To ask other readers questions about The Caged Kingdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Caged Kingdom

Start your review of The Caged Kingdom (Unforgiven #1)
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ARC copy of this title, in return for a honest review.

"We can't win this war without Mara Lars."

First of all, I'd like to say I absolutely adored this story. It's always quite nerve-wracking when you review a new Fantasy Author for the first time, but this one was absolutely amazing.

I would honestly compare the story to a cross between A song of Ice and Fire and Throne of Glass.

We meet a character in chapter one who is incredibly important throughout the story, I won't tell yo
Rebecca Hefner
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic start to a sweeping new fantasy series. I pretty much fell in love with all the characters, which was easy to do because the author writes from many different characters' POVs. I'm a huge sucker for multiple POV stories because I think it gives the reader multiple perspectives on the story. There were so many things I loved about this book, I'm not sure where to begin. The world-building was great and the writing was excellent. As a lifelong romance reader, I absolutely loved ...more
Jayanth Einstein
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing adventures book! Love it! I highly recommend everyone to read this amazing book! Author M.A price ma'am looking forward to read some more of your amazing book ma'am!
Jenna B. Neece
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is well worth a read. The world of Brodanna is not your typical fantasy world. Price weaves a narrative and builds a world that not only draws the reader in, but can make you forget you are reading a book. The characters are lifelike and likable! I felt an instant connection to Mara.

I also want to note that I typically don’t like multi POV stories, but this one is written so well! I didn’t have trouble following it at all!

This is the start to a promising new series! Can’t wait to read
Jenny Schwartz
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
"The Caged Kingdom" (great title!) by M A Price is an intense fantasy novel that draws together a number of different threads with relationships and characters' struggles as important as the quest to defeat evil. Compelling.
Brad
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
A thoroughly enjoyable read!

I have had the pleasure of reading this book on a couple of occasions, as I was fortunate enough to be one of the arc readers.

The characterisation of the colourful and diverse cast of characters has been done wonderfully, with more than a couple of stand out stars, Katanya, Reyn, Ivloxh and Becca to name a few of my personal favourites!

The world of Brodanna is a refreshing take on the typical fantasy, with a often neglected gender equality and liberal approach simil
Charles Gull
Sep 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of sweeping fantasy plots and expansive world building
3 out of 5 stars for this dizzying exploration of the human condition.

Read my full, spoiler free, review on my website.

Matthew
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve always been a fan of fantasy tales, and in The Caged Kingdom I found a story well worth getting lost in. The author does a great job of creating compelling characters, a rich history, and an interesting world. There are moment of prose that honestly took my breath away, such as Mara’s first encounter with battle and the true cost of war. I can’t recommend this novel highly enough, and I look forward to reading the rest of the series when it comes out.
C.C. Francis
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a phenomenal read.

An immersive fantasy world. Interesting characters. Excellent writing quality.

Highly recommend.
Nancy
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carried me away!

This is a fast paced and intriguing story that made me sad to have to put it down. A fantastic start to a new series! I can't wait for more!
Johanna Randle
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is why I read fantasy novels!

The Caged Kingdom was such an amazing novel. I don’t even know where to begin. I’ll start with the characters.

Each character was fleshed out really well, and each had the perfect amount of growth for the timeline of the story. I truly enjoyed the multiple POVs, and never once felt that it was lacking. Each character had a unique and captivating voice, and were all relatable. I rooted for all of them for different reasons. The various relationships between all o
Nils Odlund
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Engaging and entertaining

I have to admit I had a bit of a hard time getting into the story. Early on, there were a of things that the characters of the story clearly knew, but which didn't become clearly until much later.
I'm happy I stuck with it though. The characters grew into fully fledged people, with their own complex relationships to each other. The setting itself is interesting too, and it'd be cool to learn more about it. Hopefully more little nuggets of knowledge will be dished out in t
Nora McKinney
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful story, told from the perspective of the characters' respective emotional worlds. This is fantasy exactly how I love it: no battle-gore-machismo, but inner struggle and worthy deeds, heroism forced by circumstances and characters who are not necessarily all good or all bad, but various shades of grey. The worldbuilding is wonderful, the characters relatable and real. Lately, I've had some difficulty finding fantasy books that draw me in (I'm saturated after 20 years of fantasy ...more
Audry Wichelns
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Caged Kingdom (Book 1)

Outstanding! My only regret is that I did not read the prequel first. From the beginning the book grabs your attention and takes you for a ride into a story of horrible villains who are taking control of the humans who once defeated them. They have created a serum and taking over human bodies. The resistance is not doing well and has come close to defeat until some old friends are brought back by their leader. Unfortunately, the puppet king is sending more humans and se
Marion Blackwood
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book will take you on an adventure in a new, interesting fantasy realm where you will experience action, drama, love, and heartbreak. Don’t worry if it takes a little while to understand what some of the words (like Wielder, User, The Unforgiven, etc.) mean – stick with it! Because it is a great story! If you’re looking for a great adventure with a diverse cast and some badass female warriors, then this is definitely the book for you!
Patrick
OK?

It moved too slowly for me. I put it down several times and it felt disjointed each time that I picked it up again. I dropped it at 11%. The writing isn't bad but for some reason, the fantasy didn't hold my attention.
Momus Najmi
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant read

At the beginning it is a bit confusing but the more you read, the more you understand and the more you start to appreciate the complexity of the story and the characters. I can easily see this turned into a movie series, because it has enough in it. Brilliant read.
Stephen
May 18, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not going to say anything, nothing good to say.
Mark Skinner
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's unusual to find a new world that grabs your attention and takes you in quite in the way Brodanna does. I was expecting to sit down with my Kindle and flick through a few pages here and there over a nice cup of tea, how wrong I was.

The first chapter was over, the second, the third, the tea lukewarm and forgotten. I found myself completely drawn into the start of a fantastic new adventure. I rediscovered old friends I'd never known and made new ones in the unlikeliest of places. I felt my hea
Sean Greggs
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a good start to a fantasy series. Each character has their own personality, the world is so interesting and I can't wait to see more of the enemy. Katanya is also the badass heroine actually done right for a change.
Lena
Jun 14, 2020
Chris Adcock
Mar 19, 2019
J
rated it did not like it
Jun 12, 2019
M.L.
Apr 11, 2019

• Elysia
  • Nocturnal Blood
  • Ship of Ruin (Star Kingdom #2)
  • The Chaos Rises (Elemental Academy, #6)
  • Loony Town (Sunnyside Retired Witches Community #2)
  • Black Dragon (Rise of the Black Dragon #3)
  • Spellcaster Academy: The Dying Realm, Episode 5
  • Agents of the Crown - The Complete Series #1-5
  • The Pine Hill Inn (Ella Daniels Mystery #1)
  • Iron Dragon (The Dragon Misfits #2)
  • A Murder on Poet's Hill (Ella Daniels #2)
  • Mark of the Medallion (The Wizard Academies Book 1)
  • Transcendence: Dragon Rider Academy: Episode 2
  • The Crafter's Son (The Crafter Chronicles, #1)
  • Greensmith Girls (Lainswich Witches, #1)
  • New York Cheesecake Chaos (Murder in the Mix, #8)
  • New Beginnings (Rise of the Black Dragon #2)
  • Crossroads of Draston (DRAGONBAND: Tales #1)
I’m Marie and when I was little I’d be so desperate to write stories I’d find blank adverts in the newspaper and write over them.
I’ve managed to find better places to tell my stories over the years and hopefully that’s why you’re here.

I’m obsessed with Star Trek, the latest book that’s in my hand, whatever show I’m watching, the story I’m currently writing and cushions; the last one is a new obses

The Unforgiven Series (4 books)
  • The Heir to Chaos (The Unforgiven #2)
  • The Sins of a Queen (The Unforgiven Series #3)
  • The Flame of an Empire (The Unforgiven Series #4)