Start by marking “Four Shifters and a Stranger (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #0.25)” as Want to Read:
Four Shifters and a Stranger (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #0.25)

Four Shifters and a Stranger

(The Guild Codex: Spellbound #0.25)

When a bounty hunting job goes wrong, a mysterious aeromage saves Aaron's life...

Delve into the three mages' pasts in this exclusive Guild Codex short story, available as a free download for subscribers of the author's newsletter.
Published February 8th 2019 by Dark Owl Fantasy Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Four Shifters and a Stranger, please sign up.
Sonya This story is available as a freebie if you sign-up for the author's mailing list.

Start your review of Four Shifters and a Stranger (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #0.25)
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Ezra finally got a story! I'm so excited for the next book. Fingers crossed it'll feature even more of Ezra. If you haven't figured out by now I'm firmly on Team Erza. Zak is great and so are the guys but Ezra still wins. Period.

On a more serious note, this was a great glimpse into what almost wasn't the trio we know and love. We see a new side to Erza in this short story and how far Aaron went to help him. It's sweet and proves how strong their friendship really runs. I can't wait to know more
✶Rachelle✶
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
5 stars

Yeah I need Demon Magic and a Martini like right now

------

A SHORT STORY ABOUT EZRA??????

OH THANK THE HEAVENS

SheLove2Read
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This is a very short (30 or so pages) story about how Ezra, Aaron, and Kai came to be the three amigos. It touches on Ezra's painful past but still leaves is guessing at exactly who and what he is. This will definitely wet your appetite for more.
Ashley
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Star Rating: —> 5 stars as always with this series 💙

Wonderful story on Ezra’s background. Thoroughly enjoyed it & want more more more!

If I could have more from any two characters- ZAK & EZRA. Y U M. I love them so much.
Jewel
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

Damn, Ezra. I already know he's powerful, but seeing what he was like before he joined Crow and Hammer showed me just how deadly he could be. Wow. It's been years since he joined the guild and started training with Aaron and Kai, so I am now even more excited to see him unleash his powers full force on a deserving evil target. When will we ever solve the mystery of this intriguing aeromage? My curiosity might kill me!

Aaron earned more heroic sweetheart gold stars from me
Lola
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-that-i-own
This was a short little story set in the Guild Codex series. I like seeing how Aaron and and Kai met Ezra and it sheds a little bit more mystery on Ezra's abilities. I think this is a fun little extra for those who enjoy the series.
Stephaniec
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This was satisfying and at the same time just made me want more! I adore Ezra and really want to know more about him
Kitlina
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG SWEET EZRA
I love him so much and I have a feeling that I know his secret but I won't tell. The secrets will surely be revealed it the books to come and I cannot wait to read them.

Thank you so much for this bonus story. It was the perfect gift.
Hisham El-far
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This short story in the Guild Codex: Spellbound series is told from the point of view of Aaron.

It's a prequel set way before book 1 - the author Annette Marie reccomends reading it after book 3 but before book 4. I agree. It's short but great!

This story tells us how Aaron and Kai first met Ezra and his induction into the guild. It lays a lot of groundwork and sets you up nicely for the events and revelations of book 4 - Demon Magic and a Martini.
Freya LaRouge
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It wasn't a long story, but it gives you some of the back story before Tori's arrival, along with how willing Aaron is to do what he believes in. Without his persistence, this series wouldn't be what it is. I'd say he's the jelly holding this pb&j sandwich together. ...more
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A great little short that gives us a peek into how Ezra came into the guild. I enjoyed this addition to the series and can’t wait to learn more about each of the characters.
Stephanie Martinez
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved reading how the mages became a trio. Obviously, I still want to know more.
Danielle
Jul 15, 2020 rated it liked it
I wouldn't call this a full story, just a glimpse of a new POV. I liked seeing the first meeting of Ezra, but it really showed how much the series depends on Tori.
AB
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love these guys! It's nice to know more of their backstory, even if it's just a little snippet.
Suzannah
Fun.
Nicholle B
Aww I was hoping for more. This was very, very short and only went over how Aaron and Kai met up with Ezra and ends with Ezra's induction into The Crow and Hammer. I'm still grateful for the (free!) glimpse of my dark and mysterious cinnamon roll Ezra that I love so much as a precious young one though ❤️
Miki
I really appreciated to learn more about the boys before Tori, and seeing how Erza joined them is really great i just wish we would learn more about how his got his wound ( hopefully it will be another novella)

a great bonus, not something you have to read to enjoy the series but a great bonus to have when you are enjoying the series a lot
Patricia Lopes
The story how Aaron met Ezra and together with Kai brought the kid into de guild.
Eperdu
Apr 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
I admit to finding this confusing considering where this author indicates it should be read.

In her book list it shows it as one of the first books, and it’s labeled .25 but she indicates in the book it’s best read between 3 and 4. Hrm. OK.

Despite the confusion, it was a nice little interlude which shows us a tiny bit of backstory on the guys in the books instead of being Tori focused. I do admit there is one scene where it made me wish this was a M/M romance. Teehee.

Lita Acevedo
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A short story that introduces Ezra. This was quite good and whetted my appetite to learn more about this mysterious mage. I hope there will be more to his story and maybe even a possible romance between him and Tori in a future book. But not too far in the future. :)
Amanda Grooms
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short but sweet. I certainly have a better understanding of how dangerous Ezra actually is now, but his background is still shrouded in mystery. I love how loyal and trustworthy Aaron is even with all the advantages he’s had in his life.
Cherish Kasner
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an insightful look into Ezra and the guys story before Tori came into the picture. It helps you understand their relationship and what he is hiding. It doesn't explain things about him fully but it gets you ready for the next book.
Critterbee❇
This is a nice little prequel, from Aaron's pov. Generally out of the four MCs (Kai, Evan, Tori, Aaron), he is my least fav, although he was fine in this book. No Tori, because this is the story of how the three guys meet, and she has not stormed into the picture yet.
Amarismerla
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Liwayway
Ah an origins story of our favorite three mages. Courageous, stubborn, daring, and mythical as ever. This is the story of Aaron’s and Kai’s first encounter with Ezra. Immediate friendship. Loved it. Too short!
BCat
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very short but intriguing backstory about Ezra, & the origin of the friendship between the 3 guys.
Best read in between books 3 & 4, & available, at least as of this review, by signing up for Annette Marie's website newsletter :)
Laura..devouring books like crumpets
A brief look into how the duo befriended Ezra and became a trio!!!!
Katryne
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like it! It's interesting to read about Aaron and Kai's meeting with Ezra and how the sexy trio came to be!
Rachel Bonner
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A short extra that comes with completing Two Witches, giving back story on certian characters. Not to be missed.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Love Potion: A Valentine's Day Charity Anthology
  • Blood & Ash (The Jezebel Files, #1)
  • Magic Redeemed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #2)
  • Pay Me (Hidden Legacy, #4.2)
  • Oath Sworn (Jacky Leon #1)
  • How to Survive an Undead Honeymoon (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #8)
  • Death & Desire (The Jezebel Files, #2)
  • How to Wake an Undead City (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #6)
  • Shadows & Surrender (The Jezebel Files #3)
  • Wish List (How To Be The Best Damn Faery Godmother In The World Or Die Trying, #2)
  • Magic Forged (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #1)
  • A Misunderstanding (Hidden Legacy #4.1)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • Echoed Defiance (Jacky Leon, #4)
  • Magic Unleashed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #3)
  • The Alien's Ransom (Drixonian Warrior, #1)
  • How to Save an Undead Life (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #1)
Annette Marie is the author of YA urban fantasy series Steel & Stone, its prequel trilogy Spell Weaver, romantic fantasy Red Winter, and sassy UF series The Guild Codex.

Her first love is fantasy, while fast-paced adventures and tantalizing forbidden romances are her guilty pleasures. She proudly admits she has a thing for dragons, and her editor has inquired as to whether she intends to include th

The Guild Codex: Spellbound (8 books)
  • Three Mages and a Margarita (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #1)
  • Dark Arts and a Daiquiri (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #2)
  • Two Witches and a Whiskey (The Guild Codex: Spellbound #3)
  • Demon Magic and a Martini (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #4)
  • The Alchemist and an Amaretto (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #5)
  • Druid Vices and a Vodka (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #6)
  • Lost Talismans and a Tequila (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #7)
  • Damned Souls and a Sangria (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #8)