Start by marking “Penang Pixie (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department, #3)” as Want to Read:
Penang Pixie (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department, #3)

Penang Pixie

(Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department #3)

When evil comes home, the only hope is the devil within The Shapers, the ancient enemy of the warlocks, have taken the fight to Mark, attempting to assassinate him and those he cares about.

Published January 18th 2019 by Crimson Myth Press

To ask other readers questions about Penang Pixie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Penang Pixie

Start your review of Penang Pixie (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department, #3)
Penny
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mark, Bert, and Mira are back, and they are up to their necks in trouble just like always. I love the fast-paced fun action of this series, and every minute reading this book was filled with fun and great writing. This is fast becoming my favorite series in the PPD universe…until, I’m sure, I read the next one from someone else! LOL! Oh, and there were a couple exciting revelations in here if you have read the previous two books; I can’t wait to see how they are going to shake out and affect the ...more
So, I Read This Book Today
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Much better than Ian Dex

Filled with strong women , and without Dex's "I'm so special " attitude, our fearless (well,sometimes) leader is much more down to earth and likable character. The story is good as well as nicely convoluted. I like them!
Bonnie Dale Keck
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
kindle unlimited, more from the Universe of the PPD, in particular Mark Vedis {sub} series, of which there are now 3 {plus a chrismas short story that was published inbetween 2 & 3}, have to give him credit being one of the few books that can read more than once, that gets rarer as get older.

They’re about to find out that messing with a man who has a demon in his soul is the last mistake they’ll ever make. This time, the Shapers haven't just messed with the PPD, they've crossed the Shadow Five..
Barbara
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well! Every time I read a new ARC by these authors, I find myself with a new favorite book. Mark is facing problems with his demon changes and the voice in his head wanting him to burn everything to a crisp. Mira has a secret that she hasn't told Mark yet. Stone gets killed, but doesn't and the Shapers are proliferating at an alarming rate. Bert is acting a little strange and Samantha, the dragon shifter is acting different too. Put all these together and you have a book that is a serious page t ...more
Sara Branson
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Secrets, Lies, Mysteries and Chaos run unchecked in the newest installment of the PPD series with Office Mark Vedis and his team of supernatural badasses. They continue the fight against the new supervillains, The Shapers, made a little more complicated by a pixie with severe multiple personality problems, some truly insane mad scientists, a Naga girlfriend with a weird new vibe, oh yeah, and some long lost connections Mark will wish were never unearthed. Hang on tight--by the end, up will be do ...more
Dana Audette
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An exciting supernatural thriller. I loved it!

Penang Pixie continues with Mark and Mira continue to battle Shapers in exciting battles and against amazing odds. There are personal revelations that they both face that give the story depth and a deeper understanding of Mark and Mira's characters. As always, Noah Sturdevant and John Logsdon entertain you with snark, magic, and exciting twists; Penang Pixie is no exception to that. This is a must read for lovers of supernatural books and it's a wond
Michelle Reopel
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Penang Pixie is the 3rd book in the Southeast Asia branch of the Paranormal Police Department, so if you haven't read the first 2, start there and then come back. I'll wait.
Ready? Ok, take a deep breath before starting this book because it's like a Schwarzenegger or Rock movie in that it starts with an action scene and never lets up! Somehow, even with all the crazy action going on, John P Logsdon and Noah Sturdevant somehow weave an intricate and satisfying web out of the team's personal relati
Larry Tushman
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shift is the theme of this installment of the SE Asia PPD. Whether a shift in powers, shift in responsibilities, shift in personalities, shift in circumstances, shift in roles, and even a shift in the threat the Shapers present, everything changes. The growth of the story and the characters therein was significant and impressive, especially considering the action and hilarity did not reduce at all. Great story.
Scott
Wow and More

Can't believe how much happens in this book, so much thrills and excitement makes for a lot of constant page turning.
This is almost like a mini ARC completion as we find out a lot about Mark , his past and future .
Can't wait for book 4 now so im giving it 5 out of 5 stars
Karen Hollyhead
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The further misadventures of the PPD and what an adventure it is.
Full of action and surprises this is a wonderful addition to the PPD stable. The writing is excellent with unexpected twists and laugh-out-loud humour (truly groan-worthy). I'm looking forward to the next instalment to see where the Shapers lead our intrepid heroes …. not to forget the cat!!
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Southeast Asia is, hands down, my favorite PPD district. Mark Vedis gets better and better in his role as team leader and his team is interesting, diverse, and endlessly entertaining. Mark and his team are on the front lines in the ongoing battle against the Shapers. This adventure is chock full of unexpected twists. I can't wait to see what happens next. ...more
Carolyn Evans
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Present tense, past won't stay past

The third in this series, Mark is dealing with a lot. A dragon wants to marry him, he wants to marry his girlfriend, and the bad guys are still.using the crime rings for very unwelcome activities. Add in a boss.with a slight personality issue, and things are not looking good for peaceful romantic interludes.
Petesandry
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Warlock Mark Verdis is back to battle his old enemy, the Shaped, only this time he's a hell of lot meaner. All is not what it seems though as we learn a lot about his and his family's past. The usual fast pace is assured with some unexpected twists where even the cat is involved. Roll on the next book ...more
Kathleen
Brilliant!

This is a great read! It’s full of adventure and laughs. As a reader, I am invested in this continuing storyline which has plenty of plot twists, and hints at more to be revealed. Highly recommended.
Audrey Cienki
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Some twists. Some turns. A great story with a an increasingly complex plot. And laughs!
Definitely going to use DWB in my comments. Gee! Who is the big black dog?! Definitely should share the sausage with doggie.
Great surprise at the end. Really looking forward to reading where this goes!
susan todd
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Im so excited, this book is great. I didnt want to put it down. Magic ,mayhem and romance done Mark Verdid style. The action and hilarity in the book will keep you on the edge of your seat. What a cracking read. Secrets revealed left, right and centre, roll on the next book in the series.
Carolyn Fielding
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mark Vedis’ battle with the Shaped continues in this exciting and humorous third outing for the Southeast Asia branch of the PPD. There are so many twists and turns I couldn’t put this one down. Even the cat is involved this time! I can’t wait to see how the story develops for Mark and his team.
Jen
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh my goodness....this series just keeps getting better! I am loving all the character development. Getting to know their personalities and seeing their ever changing magical abilities is fun. And quite a few twists and turns in this story. I highly recommend!
Stephanie Wurtz
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another fun book in the Mark Vedis Series

This book is a great addition to the fun and quirky PPD series. While it is still loads of fun there is great storyline development. I can't wait for the next book in the series!
Em Taylor
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Still a cracking good read..

Third book in, still hooked, therefore frustrated the next instalment is not yet available. Grrrr.

I don't do reviews with synopses. Just know it's a good read. Also if he tells you not to Google something. Don't. I can't under some of that shit!
Kurt Stoskopf
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another rollicking tale of adventure and snark!

This book continues the tale of an unlikely team and a partnership made in hell. Come for the adventure and leave with an eyeful of snark!
Andy Riedel
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Still laughing!

Another cracking installment in this series. The charachters and dialogue are very very funny with some side splitting scenes.
The plot is well thought out and still mansges to surprise.
If like your comedy a shade on the blue side then give this a spin
Jon Clark
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bangkok PPD is crazier than a horny demon

Seriously this series in the PPD universe rocks and it rocks hard. Verdis and Bert break down the barriers of decency and make being the good guys kinda bad. In a fun, my dog keeps mounting my leg kinda way though.
Mark Shurina
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Book

I have read all three of the Mark Verdi’s books, all have been great reads. At least ten times the author has said something that made me laugh out loud. I am looking forward to the fourth book.
shelly north
More please

Only series that makes both my husband and I laugh out loud when I force him to listen to me read excerpts to him. More please write faster.
Christina
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Kept me entertained. This one had lots of plot and character development. I hope the next one comes out soon.
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommend

Would recommend this series, full of humour and great characters that keep getting better. Looking forward to the next one.
Bennah
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great installment

The Mark Verdis series, and Noah Sturdevant keep getting better. There are a few surprises and a lot of fun. Can't wait for the next book
Maureen Mccallan
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pixie

Fun read with lots of twists and turns! Really enjoy this series with the paranormal police department and their worlds
Liz  Christensen
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Fixers are my fix! I am loving Mark Vedis and his gang! Can't wait for the next installment in this series. ...more

• Requiem (Montague & Strong Case Files #13)
  • Shade Cursed (The Shadow Changeling, #1)
  • I’m Glad You’re Dead (Preternatural Chronicles #1)
  • Salty Dog (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #7)
  • The Golem (Montague & Strong Case Files #10)
  • The Magekiller (Division 13 #2)
  • Devil’s Blood (Shade of Devil, #3)
  • Anghellic (Feathers and Fire, #8)
  • Hurricane (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #9)
  • Power Game (Prof Croft #6)
  • A Proper Hellhound (Montague & Strong Case Files)
  • Horsemen's War (The Rebellion Chronicles, #3)
  • Death Mage (Prof Croft, #4)
  • Hellhound Blues: A Brew & Chew Adventure
  • Blue Shadow (Blue Wolf #2)
  • Pay Dirt (Lost Falls #2)
  • The Birth of Death (The Assassin's Apprentice #1)
  • Walking The Razor (Montague & Strong Case Files #12)
John P. Logsdon is a former game designer, producer, and software engineer who shamelessly digs into the deep recesses of his mind to bring forth oddball characters and hilarious plots. He writes primarily in fantasy, urban fantasy, and science fiction, but he's also dabbled in cozy mystery from time to time. To see John's vast library of laughs, visit www.johnplogsdon.com. ...more

Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department (6 books)
  • Bangkok Warlock (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department, #1)
  • Seoul Demon (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department, #2)
  • Hell of a Party (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department, #4)
  • Singapore Spirits  (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department, #5)
  • A Damned Shame (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department, #6)