Start by marking “A Meddled Match (Resort to Romance)” as Want to Read:
A Meddled Match (Resort to Romance)

A Meddled Match

(Resort to Romance)

Get ready for ten weeks of romance in the Bahamas with a new series brought to you by some of the best authors in the inspirational and sweet romance genres…

Ten delightful - and standalone - novellas linked by one matchmaking week. You’ll want to devour each one!

A MEDDLED MATCH

Gavin Sterling wants no part of Matchmaking Week, but his eccentric great aunts insist he
Published February 19th 2019 by Ripple Effect Press, LLC (first published February 2019)

To ask other readers questions about A Meddled Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Meddled Match

Start your review of A Meddled Match (Resort to Romance)
Susan Snodgrass
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'The last thing he wanted to do was spend a week pretending to be matched with a lonely---likely desperate---woman.'

One paragraph into this novella and I was all in! Loved every minute. Jill Kemerer has a hit with this one! If the rest of this series of novellas set in a matchmaking resort is anything like the first two, that will be wonderful..

Gavin Sterling is roped into filling in for a no-show on a matchmaking weekend at his great aunts' resort. His decidedly weird great aunts. They are cons
Lori Jorgensen
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How fun to go to the Bahamas for a week and be a part of matchmaking. Eccentric older Aunts that care about you enough to trick into coming for match making week and maybe just maybe leave the resort to you in their will- yes please !!! Great book and beautiful story don’t pass it up!!
Amy
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again Jill has written a great love story. You love the characters from the beginning. A quick read that warms the heart. "I received a free copy of this book, this review was posted voluntarily.
Trixi
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Two meddlesome matchmaking eccentric aunts arrange for their nephew Gavin Sterling to participate in matchmaking week on Joy Island; the very one he’s supposed to inherit! Going along with the scheme kicking & screaming, he reluctantly sets out to please his aunts with no intent to fall in love with the woman he’s matched with. Which is a fine idea in Molly Macomb’s mind! After all, it was her mother’s idea to pay for the week. Molly wants nothing more than to relax, sip fruity drinks on the bea ...more
Lori
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I so loved this delightful, layed back, laugh out loud book!!
Learning to trust others is the message that this book has to offer.
Sometimes when a trust has been broken by one or the other person it is hard to trust again.
I'm so glad that there is one person that we can definitely trust no matter what!!
Mollie and Gavin were just the most lovable characters! I fell in love with them from the start!
Mollie so reminds me of me now.
I speak my mind and well you know?
Mollie is special. I feel she's th
Marylin
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-reviewed
Oh, this was a fun book to read. I've enjoyed getting to read the fun stories in this collection of books which are written by different authors.
I enjoyed getting to meet Goldie and Ginny, to hear how this weekend event and the island all came about. These two characters are a hoot! I loved their flair and wild crazy ways. I also enjoyed how they got Gavin to be a part of this whole weekend.
I got a kick out of the dialog Gavin and Mollie had. Mollie is a character who speaks her mind, no matter
Jennifer Shirk
A Meddled Match was an adorable start to what sounds like a fun series!
Free-spirited Mollie and serious, straight-laced Gavin brought out the best in each other and were fun to watch together.
A sweet, fun, clean romance!
Denise Hershberger
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute story about a matchmaking island retreat. A truly fun and unique take on dating. I'm looking forward to the whole series!
Melissa
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this sweet, delightful novella! It made me laugh out loud and read 'til the end!

Gavin Sterling seems to have it all, good looks, money, and a job he loves, but what he doesn't have is love. So his two well-meaning, eccentric aunts fool him into coming to their island in the Bahamas for "Matchmaking Week". He's going to try and talk them into leaving him their island in their will, but they have bigger plans. Find Gavin a wife!

Mollie Macomb just wants a nice relaxing vacation,
Suzie Waltner
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Gavin’s great aunts basically blackmail him into participating in Match Week at their resort, he has no choice but to play along with their scheme. But upon meeting Molly, he’s intrigued and challenged. He enjoys spending time with this woman who pulls no punches and has no idea who he is outside of the island.

Molly is exhausted of pretending to be someone she’s not and determined to express her true colors during her vacation. Despite every effort to release him from his obligation to her,
Lynn Watson
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed watching these characters fall in love... and all the craziness that went along with what was a very meddled match. Encouraging to watch wounded family relationships mended as well. Quick, light, fun read.
Melissa Henderson
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very cute story showing what can happen when two people are brought together in unique circumstances. From the meddling aunts to the main characters, the story is full of surprises, fun, laughter, reconciliation, trust and love. I'll read this one again and again. I was given a complimentary copy of this story. This is my personal opinion. No review was required.
Dana Michael
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness!! What a fun read. I found myself laughing out loud and wishing I was on that Joy Island watching this all happen. I loved the cast of characters, the story line and the sweet and clean romance. This novella can be read in one sitting.
*I was given a copy by the author. This is my honest opinion.
Hallie Szott
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reading Challenge Categories:
-March Bookish Bingo: Title begins with M
Katrina Epperson
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this sweet romance. I thought Mollie was adorable. She just wants a vacation and with her mother paying it just works out perfect for her. Of course this is a Matching Making Vacation set on a beautiful island and ran by two very eccentric, elderly ladies. Mollie thinks she has everything all figured out, just avoid her match or convince him that they really didn't match. Gavin didn't sign up for this. He arrived at his aunt's request and finds that his inheritance is in jeopardy unless ...more
Elizabeth
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Meddled Match: Resort to Romance Series
By: Jill Kemerer
A Meddled Match is book one by Jill Kemerer in Resort to Romance Series. Ten authors get together to write ten different novellas in this wonderful series. Each novella is a stand a lone. These novellas are all linked to a Matchmaking week in the Bahamas. This is Gavin and Mollie’s story. Gavin is roped into matchmaking week with Mollie by his two matchmaking meddlesome aunts. Mollie just wants to spend a week relaxing and drinking fruit
Shona
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s Matchmaking Week at an all-inclusive resort on a private island in the Bahamas. This is the first of what promises to be a brilliant series. And to make it even better there’s a new release every week!
Gavin is there because his elderly aunts have bribed him into filling in for a no-show for their matchmaking week - don’t help them and he won’t inherit the island and resort. Mollie is there because her mother paid for it in order to help find her a husband.
Mollies philosophy is to make the
Judy
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Meddled Match by Jill Kemerer
Resort to Romance Novella Series
Gavin Sterling loved his great aunts. But this time, Goldie and Ginny had really done it. They had him come to Joy Island under false pretenses. And...even worse...invited his dad here at the same time. He came thinking they were finalizing leaving the island to him and now they tricked him into participating in Matchmaking Week!

Mollie Macomb just wanted to have a quiet vacation. Enjoy the sun, the waves, the fruity drinks. Her mom s
Lori
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun and sweet story of two people who got pushed into being a part of Matchmaking Week on Joy Island. Mollie was finding her life frustrating and boring. She is a flamboyant, pretty and blunt young lady who is trying to make her mom happy by being at Matchmaking Week. But really, she just needs a vacation. Gavin got conned into being Mollies match for the week. He is successful and handsome, but ladies only go after him for his money, so he is skeptical of all women. Then there is ...more
Ashley
I had a blast reading this sweet novella! It left a big smile on my face and really put me in a good mood. I couldn't get enough of it.

The characters were wonderful. Mollie's spunky and doesn't sugarcoat things. She sure keeps things lively. Gavin's serious and at first comes across as all business, but he's got a sweet and fun side to him that makes him irresistible. The masterminds behind Matchmaking Week, great aunts Ginny and Goldie, were a riot! They kept me laughing.

I've always enjoyed st
Winnie
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Meddled Match by Jill Kemerer is a fun kick-off to a new series of 10 novellas set in the Bahamas. Two meddling, match-making aunts, an unlikely heroine who feels like a failure, an eligible hero who begrudgingly participates in Matchmaking Week are thrown together in a delightfully refreshing story of finding love under unusual circumstances. I enjoyed the antics of the aunts as they schemed to find a match for Gavin.

This is a sweet, easy read with a lot of charming moments. It’s short enoug
Tracey
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Meddled Match by Jill Kemerer is an adorable romantic comedy with a dream setting on Joy Island, Bahamas. I laughed and laughed at Mollie's antics and Gavin reading his novel as Prince Bron was priceless! Don't even get me started on Cooter Jo and those meddling aunts, Goldie and Ginny, so much fun. The Resort to Romance series is off to a fantastically hilarious start and I can hardly wait until next week to see what mischief Jessica Patch gets her characters into. What a great idea these aut ...more
Leslie M.
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A few surprises, laughter, and love combine in Kemerer’s latest novella, which is a quick, enjoyable read. Goldie and Ginny (the meddlesome aunts) are so much fun (and were my favorite characters)! Gavin and Mollie were realistically drawn, and Mollie’s insecurities will likely resonate with many readers.

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy, but I wasn’t required to leave a positive review.
Jordann
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Meddled Match by Jill Kemerer is such a fun and romantic read. From the story line to the characters, Jill does an amazing job of bringing the story to life. While this book is part of the Resort to Romance series, it can definitely be read as a stand alone story.

If you enjoy contemporary romances that are lighthearted and fun then A Meddled Match is the book for you!

*I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author/publisher, but was under no obligation to leave a review.
Andrea
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun story! I love Ginny and Goldie!
Gavin is told he needs to fill as someone's match.
Mollie thinks she can ditch her match and enjoy an island vacation.
Goldie and Ginny have strict rules for Matchmaking Week that must be followed, no exceptions, not even for their great-nephew "Gavvie." I love those old ladies!
I really liked when Gavin reads the ridiculous romance novel to Mollie.
Can people really fall in love in one week?
*Borrowed from Kindle Unlimited.
Dawn Leonard
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading about Gavin and Mollie's sweet romance. Neither was looking for love but found it nonetheless. Loved the well-developed characters and detail which made it easy to picture the scenes. Great novella. I received a preview copy from the author but was not required to leave a review. The opinions and rating are my own.
Julie
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun & clean romance

This was a fun & clean romance. I enjoyed getting to know Mollie, Gavin, & all their foibles. It was easy to read, and I loved Ginny & Goldie's meddling. Enjoy!
Linda Rainey
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Fun Romance

This was a romance about matchmaking at an island resort.
The story was fun with a cast of interesting characters.
This book is recommended for those who love sweet romance.
Hannah
A light-hearted romp of a story set in an island in the Bahamas. I wasn't planning to read a lot of novellas this year, but the covers in this series are too cute, and the story matched that vibe perfectly. I'll definitely be reading more of the series and of this author's work.
Megan Besing
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute novella

A clean, quick happily ever after. Not disappointed. Despite their opposites the hero and heroine match each other perfectly. Recommended for those who like match maker troupes.

• Mismatched Melody
  • A Honey of a Christmas (Honeyhaven, #2)
  • Knox (The Montana Marshalls, #1)
  • Something Borrowed: Christmas Weddings Collection
  • Like a Winter Snow (Port Willis)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • Hometown Honey (Honeyhaven, #3)
  • Brunch at Bittersweet Café (Supper Club #2)
  • Finding Ever After: four fairytale-ish novellas
  • Wooing Cadie McCaffrey
  • The Kissing Tree: Four Novellas Rooted in Timeless Love
  • Under the Honey Moon (Honeyhaven #1)
  • Now and Then and Always (Maple Valley, #1)
  • Between Stairs and Stardust (Blue Ridge Fairytales #1)
  • Killer Exposure
  • The Dating Charade
  • Hadley Beckett's Next Dish
  • When He Found Me (Road to Refuge #1)
Jill Kemerer is an author and freelance writer. A multi-published inspirational romance novelist with Harlequin Love Inspired, Jill also writes nonfiction books, blogs, and articles. Her essentials include coffee, M&Ms, a stack of books, her mini-doxie, and long walks outdoors. She resides in Ohio with her husband and two almost-grown children. For more information, please visit her website https: ...more

Resort to Romance (9 books)
  • A Messed-Up Match (Resort to Romance)
  • A Match for Mr. Write (Resort to Romance)
  • Met Her Match (Resort to Romance)
  • Match Me If You Can (Resort to Romance)
  • Rematched (Resort to Romance)
  • Moonlight Match (Resort to Romance)
  • Unexpected Match (Resort to Romance)
  • Match You Like Crazy (Resort to Romance)