Start by marking “Into the Book of Light (The Dream Traveler's Quest, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Into the Book of Light (The Dream Traveler's Quest, Book 1)

Into the Book of Light

(The Dream Traveler's Quest #1)

Millions have taken the journey into the Dekker universe. Now that universe opens its doors to young readers.

What if you could find a way to enter another reality full of wild and life changing adventure? And what if every time you fell asleep you woke up in that other reality? Welcome to the world of Theo Dunnery, a twelve year-old boy who feels alone and full of fear

Paperback
Published by Outlaw Studios

To ask other readers questions about Into the Book of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Book of Light

Rayleigh
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a huge Ted Dekker fan, I about jumped out of my chair when I received the first email promoting his new children’s series! And yes, I was one of the crazies that pre-ordered the entire series.

That being said, as I read Into the Book of Light, I couldn’t help but feel a strong similarity to the Narnia series. It is a unique world with unique trials and quests. There are friendly creatures, and there are creatures that try to make Theo believe lies, but the ultimate quest is to figure out who h
Phil Lemons
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a children’s book set in the Circle universe. The theme of the book goes hand in hand (in hand?) with the message in The Forgotten Way and The 49th Mystic books.

I got these books with the idea of sharing them with my boy, and I decided to read them to know when he’d be ready for them. I have to admit that starting this book, I didn’t get drawn in right away. Part of it is that this feels like the third time he’s written this story. It’s a good story, don’t get me wrong. And there are cl
Rachel
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really good allegory for a chapter readers. Theo needs to overcome his fears and learn the truth of who Elyon is and who he is. It depicts the journey well and the characters act believably. The Roush were fun and charming characters and I look forward to seeing more of them. Theo did agree to go on the quest a little too easily without questioning it which was a bit unbelievable. I look forward to sharing this book with my nephews and niece when they are able to read it.
Steph Nickel
It was fun to get to know Theo Dunnery. The joy spilled from the pages when he met Elyon. And his newfound courage when he again met the Shataiki inspired me. This book was written for children, but it's a quick read people of all ages will enjoy. I look forward to reading the other three books in The Dream Traveler's Quest.
Jason Boothman
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marlene
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable fantasy story for young readers. Even older readers might enjoy it.
Kaelyn
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO GOOD!! The story is so powerful and this series is a must read for all ages!
Kendi
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading with my daughter! She is loving it and I’m excited to continue the series!
Robert Smith
Erica Caves Matters
Feb 12, 2019
Stephanie Stoll
Jan 26, 2019
Ted Dekker is known for novels that combine adrenaline-laced stories with unexpected plot twists, unforgettable characters, and incredible confrontations between good and evil. Ted lives in Austin with his wife LeeAnn and their four children.

The Dream Traveler's Quest (4 books)
  • The Curse of the Shadowman (The Dream Traveler's Quest #2)
  • The Garden and The Serpent (The Dream Traveler's Quest #3)
  • The Final Judgement (The Dream Traveler's Quest #4)