Start by marking “Only Ever You” as Want to Read:

Only Ever You

From New York Times bestselling author CD Reiss comes a story of friendship, romance, and growing into a love that was always there.

Rachel knew exactly what turning thirty would be like. She had a plan, after all. First college, then a climb up the professional ladder. Love, marriage, children. All of it was on the schedule.

The cheap Hollywood apartment wasn’t on the list.
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 316 pages
Published July 9th 2019 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Only Ever You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only Ever You

Start your review of Only Ever You
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
With Only Ever You, CD Reiss created a gem of a story about friendship, strength, inspiration, hope, family and love. It was filled with so much warmth and feel-good moments that I couldn't help but fall in love with it. Sebastian was such an amazing hero that for him alone, I would be happy to re-read this story time and time again!

What did I love about this book?
💫 Sebastian. Obviously.
💫 I'm a huge fan of relationships built on years of friendship and kinship and loyalty and history. The ti
Beyond The Covers Blog
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: carrie
Some may think this is a modern love story but for Rachel and Sebastian it's not.

Rachel and Sebastion grew up best friends and typical best friends they stuck up for eachother. Except it was Rachel that always stuck up for Sebastion because he was small and nerdy.

Rachel and Sebastian left for college and they returned home 14 years later they saw eachother. There family loves them and is pushing them to be together but can they be together and be happy or will they do it just to make thier fam
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
I have read numerous CD Reiss novels beginning with the Drazen family to her more recent Edge series but none have impacted me like "Only Ever You" has.  I loved this story so much and am borderline obsessed with Sebastian. He was so charming, honest and steadfastly in love with Rachel. It has always been her for him and it was so touching watching their love story play out. I loved this story so much and never wanted it to end!

Reiss remarkably pens a lovestory between two childhood bestfriends
Jen
4 Solid Stars

From the time Rachel’s family moved in across the street from Sebastian, she’s been doing her best to take care of him. When “boys will be boys” meant young Sebastian got bullied on a daily basis, Rachel always made sure she was there to diffuse the situation. When Sebastian didn’t get invited to any of the parties the popular Rachel did, she stayed home and they had their own party. So it should come as no surprise Sebastian developed a wee bit of a crush on the warrior-like teenag
Isabella. R
3 Aligning Stars ⭐️

Rachel & Sebastian were besties through high school.  Where Sebastian was the nerdy artist besotted with his friend; Rachel was the protector.
In a moment of wistful future planning, these two teens settled on a back up plan. A marriage contract in the event they were both still single at 30.

Merry Christmas, Rachel!
We’re thirty this year. Big 3-0!
Remember we had a deal? I moved back from Silicon Valley. I’ll be on Mandarin Lane for Christmas. Hope to see you then.
-Sebastian

R
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Rachel Rendell just turned 30, and feels she has nothing to show for it. It’s like everything in her life is one big joke, and nothing has gone according to plan. She thought her life would take a certain path with college, career, love, marriage, and then children. Instead all she feels she’s accomplished is heartbreak and disappointment. Then a blast from the past shows back up in her life, and things suddenly get interesting.

Rachel hasn’t see
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️

Sweet, Funny, Light, Heartfelt, Endearing.......those are words came to mind when I finished Only Ever You. It put me in a happy place because it was such a feel good read. A second chance romance starting with best friends from high school who lived across a street from one another who signed a quirky contract to get married if neither were married by the age of 30. Fast forward to age 30 and you can guess, no one is married.

Sebastian, the former dweeb, who use to have Rachel sticking up for hi
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Only Ever You

Sebastian and Rachel’s story is well written and engaging. It’s a super sweet second chance romance.

Here’s what I enjoyed:
The fake fiancé trope is one of my favorites. The reason behind the unplanned engagement was a good one.

The relationship progression was fun to watch. I thoroughly enjoyed Sebastion’s character over the course of the novel. He’s such a great hero. Steadfast, sexy, put together, and totally in love with his girl.

This author’s writing is always stellar. Clean a
Sentranced Jem
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The friends to lovers trope is always a tough one for me to enjoy. I may be a tad too critical when it comes to this trope but I either love it or just can't stand it.
Only Ever You can only be described as beautiful. I really enjoyed this so much! I loved the characters ... I am head over heels in love with Sebastian (Normally I love alpha males but there is something about him that just draws me).
To be honest, I've read only two other books by CD Reiss so compared to those, Only Ever You was h
Wendy'sThoughts
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: C.D. Reiss Fans, Romance
4 Recognizing It's Real Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
C.D.Reiss is not a one-trick pony. Anyone who reads her work should be very aware of this. She has written extremely raw, intense, erotic work. Every single one of those stories has been layered with intricate insights into the characters and plots. Even during the darkest stories, Reiss will throw in sly humor appropriate to the situation. So it could become easy to think heavy erotic when you think of C.D. Reiss... and you would be right...

But y
"Avonna
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

ONLY EVER YOU by C.D. Reiss is a new contemporary romance not like any previous books I have read from this author. I think dark, erotic and intense usually when I see this author’s name, but this romance is different. Sebastian and Rachel’s story is lighter, full of family, hope and love. The angst and steamy is still there, but not as often and with a twist.

When Sebastian was in school, he was a stick thin, nerd who was bullied.
TeriLyn
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
**Only Ever You generously provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

4 "We were different people." Stars

I really this enjoyed this light romance from C.D. Reiss for whom I know typically does darker stories of love. This one was fun. It encompasses several tropes of the genre and does so in a uniquely engaging way through the toggling back and forth between the cynicism of the heroine and the effervescence of the hero. Only Ever You is part friends-to-lovers, par
Annika
description

I loved Reiss's Songs of Submission series. And I mean I L-O-V-E-D it. It's been a while since I read it but I remember being completely engrossed in the story, the writing, the characters.
Which is why I'm pretty baffled right now. And I'm finding it hard to believe that this book was supposed to be written by the same author.
It felt incredibly unpolished, the writing was disjointed and strangely paced, the dialogues were confusing - just like many other reviewers, I often didn't even know who w
Julia
Can't rate- didnt get very far.

I'm just tired of hero's having all the success while the heroine is a total loser career-wise.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
ARC provided by the author and publisher for an honest review.

July 2019 -- 1 Star

I've read this author before and enjoyed the experience. My previous experience was a.darker read, so was interested in how this author would do with a more mainstream work. Not terribly well, my opinion. Concept was good, but execution didn't work for me. Bored me silly.

Happy Reading!
Lauren Luman
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished and let me tell you... this story pulls at alllllll the heartstrings without being unnecessarily angsty. Also, it's beautiful and a little sexy and has lots of chemistry. It's also a favorite trope of mine: friends to lovers.

The friendship and chemistry between Sebastian and Rachel is nearly unbreakable. I say nearly because of insecurities along the way. The way Sebastian carried a torch for Rachel as long as he did just made my heart melt.

An important plot point, which I refus
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4 Contract CROWNS

Only Ever You is a change of pace for CD Reiss. It is sweet and endearing, and these two characters are just endearing on every single level.

Rachel and Sebastian are friends from a young age, and the moments in their youth establish the sweet relationship that develops for them throughout the story. Although Seb grows up to be a hunk of man, I still felt as though CD Reiss kept who he was in tact. She didn't make him the arrogant playboy out to g
Jessica Alcazar
If you don't fall head over heels over this story by the time you hit Chapter 3 then not to be judgy, but you might need help ;) lol

There is so much goodness in this story! Okay so first I should tell you I read this twice. The story is filled with so many little pockets of heart, you just cannot get them all in in one pass LOL Plus, I read it first a gazillion years ago and I just wanted to read a happy story again LOL I swear, my heart sang even more the second time around.

I want to say
Karen
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
CD Reiss is a very versatile writer. I sometimes forget that she can do romantic fluffy as well as she does heart stopping angst.

Only Ever You is the romantic fluffy version of CD. Sebastian Barton is the grandpa cardigan wearing dweeb. But he isn’t the same bullied little dweeb he was in school. Now he’s hot, rich grandpa cardigan wearing but dweeb no more.

His childhood protector and bully slayer was Rachel Rendell. Grown up a Rachel has had it tough. Life didn’t quite go they way she planned
Michelle Claypot_Reads
This was a sweet story of childhood best friends & a pact they make that changes the course of their life. Sebastian and Rachel are joined at the hip until growing up separates them as is often the case. Reunited ten years later at a very difficult time in her life Sebastian is again the best friend she needs. But then he become more. I loved their ease with each other, their genuine affection and their eventual chemistry. Sebastian is a great BBF and he ticked all my boxes. I will definitely be ...more
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was pretty tame for C.D. Reiss. It was more of a light read but with some heavy subjects still. It was a balance that was pulled off well.

At first I thought this might be a little too tame, but then you get pieces here and there that would jump out and pull at you. I liked those little bits of surprise. It had a way of making me care more about Rachel and Sebastian.

These two seemed almost flipped. Sebastian had characteristic you usually see in a heroine and vice versa for Rachel. I would
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
3.5 STARS!
I LOVE the childhood to something more romance troupe... the marriage pact made as young kids... there is just something so special about meeting your person at a young age and knowing that they are meant to be someone more in your life in the future.
Sebastian and Rachel grew up as neighbors and best friends. Sebastian was the lovable nerd who was bullied while Rachel was the smart mouth strong one who protected and stood up for her best friend. She was his hero and he loved her in eve
Rebecca
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love authors who showcase their writing prowess by shifting gears and stepping outside of the kind of romances they’re known for into something completely different. CD Reiss is known for her dark romances, and in her latest release, Only Ever You, readers get a lighter side of Reiss’ storytelling, and as she tells Rachel Rendell and Sebastian Barton’s story, she meshes several romance tropes together to illustrate how a childhood pact made between friends becomes something tangible as adults ...more
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
What is this phenomenon known as Reiss?...she changes genres and tropes like a chameleon and THIS book....just made me go-Awwwwwww..... teary-eyed smiles and all!! I guess the joke is on me😀
Unexpectedly heartfelt and soul stirring,this book is epitome of serendipitous love❤️
In a nutshell-
"it’s about a guy who comes back home after getting successful and dealing with the girl he left who never went anywhere—"

description

Rachel Rendell and Sebastian Barton had a childhood pact, they'd get married if they
Michele
4 "happily ever after" stars....

Well, I must say that was a little bit of a surprise. Only Ever You was a sweet friends to lovers book. Sebastian and Rachel had been friends since they were young. When they were sixteen, they made a pact and drew up a marriage contract that would go into effect if they were still unmarried at age 30.

As the book begins, Sebastian and Rachel are both now thirty years old and their parents want for them to follow through with their marriage contract. The storyline
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Well, this story took me by surprise. Friends to lovers … well, almost. Nerd to hunk … definitely. Confident, smart and sassy to unsure, smart and sassy … yea, that usually doesn’t happen. But, C.D Reiss made it happen and it was wonderful watching the transformation back to Superwoman.

Seb and Rachel were wonderful! Full of life … most of the time. Busy … all of the time. In love … well, not so much. Determined to make things happen so make her mother happy, yes, Rachel was definitely that. Of
Beneath The Covers Blog
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
The friendships you make as a young child at school are often the ones that stay with you forever. Even if you don’t keep in touch after you leave, the memories can often last a lifetime. For some people though, school can be a tough place to be. Sebastian knows this only too well. From the moment he started at his new school he was teased and bullied by people who should have known better. Only one person stood up for him and did their best to keep him safe, his neighbour and soon to be best fr ...more
Lisa Aiello
3 - it pains me to do this - stars

I didn't hate this, and I didn't love it. I just simply liked it. I couldn't connect with these characters, and I had a hard time staying in the story. I'm thinking it was just me and my current mood. I had to really concentrate. I'd keep forgetting whose chapter I was reading, and I could never figure out who was "talking". I have absolutely loved C.D. Reiss' writing in the past, but everything that I previously read was darker and grittier, and more of my pref
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Turning Pages At ...: Only Ever You by C. D. Reiss 20 21 Jul 26, 2019 02:22PM

• Resist (Wicked Ways, #1)
  • Filthy Vows (Filthy Vows, #1)
  • Reveal (Wicked Ways, #2)
  • Discretion (The Dumonts, #1)
  • Million Dollar Marriage (Million Dollar, #2)
  • The (Secret) Baby
  • Joey (Bossy Brothers, #2)
  • Million Dollar Devil (Million Dollar, #1)
  • Jesse (Bossy Brothers, #1)
  • Twisted Marriage (Filthy Vows, #2)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • All Grown Up
  • Dirty Letters
  • That Forever Girl (Getting Lucky, #2)
  • Bossy Brothers: Johnny
  • Prison Princess (Harem Station #4)
  • The Day He Came Back
CD Reiss is a New York Times bestselling author. She still has to chop wood and carry water, which was buried in the fine print. Her lawyer is working it out with God but in the meantime, if you call and she doesn't pick up she's at the well hauling buckets.

Born in New York City, she moved to Hollywood, California to get her master's degree in screenwriting from USC. In case you want to know, that