Start by marking “The Tanglewood Tea Shop (Tanglewood Village #1)” as Want to Read:
The Tanglewood Tea Shop (Tanglewood Village #1)

The Tanglewood Tea Shop

(Tanglewood Village #1)

Patisserie-Chef Stevie is stuck in a rut. Her beloved Great Aunt Peggy has passed away, shes been fired from her job and the love of her life has walked out the door. But when shes called to the solicitors office to hear the reading of Peggys will, Stevies life begins to change.

Left with a large amount of money, Stevie is determined to take Peggys advice and turn her life
Published January 31st 2019 by Canelo Escape

To ask other readers questions about The Tanglewood Tea Shop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tanglewood Tea Shop

Start your review of The Tanglewood Tea Shop (Tanglewood Village #1)
Finitha Jose
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't want to lie, I was planning to give up on this story without finishing. Glad that I have stuck through because the latter half more than made up for all the dull moments in the beginning. Stevie's buying of the tea shop and settling in the community takes half of the book and then only we get the glimpse of the exciting story we are promised. Especially when old lady Betty comes to the scene to play the perfect fairy godmother.
I loved the cosy community, the tantrums of the black cat
Rachel Gilbey
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love these sorts of books - give me a small town community, a tea shop (or other sort of shop), a couple of hunky men, some new friends, and a bit of drama, and for you have a wonderful comfort read.

There was something so familiar about this book, despite never having read it before and i felt right at home, and loved how Stevie suddenly had the means to move away from her frankly horrific family, and buy a teashop in a gorgeous village.

When I say familiar, perhaps I really mean warm and
Deanne Patterson
It's always an exciting time when Lilac Mills has a new release, automatic read for me! And you've really got to love that cover, if it doesn't make you want to have cakes and tea I don't think anything will. This is a make me happy, pick me up kind of book. I loved the character's and Peggy the kitten, that scamp was such a cutie. Love her! Happy ending!
Pub Date 31 Jan 2019
I was given a complimentary copy of this book from Canelo through NetGalley. Thank you. All opinions expressed are my own.
shannon✨
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a free copy in exchange for my honest opinion

I did enjoy reading this book and I loved the vibes of it. However, the plot was nothing spectacular and it was really predictable. At first I didn't like Stevie but after a while I could endure her. Regarding the other villagers, almost all of them were really nice, welcoming and helpful. I appreciated that a lot about the book.
Helen
Feb 02, 2019 added it
For a break from the more heavier reads, Tanglewood Tea Shop proves a nice interlude. This is the kind of story that takes you away to a small village community somewhere in rural England, where a newbie usually comes along and attempts to start afresh. Throw into the mix a little drama, a little romance and you have the makings of a gentle getaway.

My further attraction to this book is of course the prominence of the word tea. Loving all things associated with this amber liquid, this quickly
Silke
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, read-2019
People who have been following my blog for a while know that one of my trigger words for a book is tea shop. As soon as I hear the word tea shop I just have got to get my hands on the book in question.

My love for tea shop books naturally also means I have a lot of stories to compare to. Which makes me sometimes a bit of a difficult reader, because it is so easy to get the been there, done that feeling over a story. However I must say that The Tanglewood Tea Shop was actually a breath of fresh
Kim
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley, 2019
When Stevie is left some money by her great aunt, whilst she is in a sorry stage of her life she decides to buy a tea shop.
When she struggles with even the journey to the picturesque sounding village, you begin to wonder whether she may have bitten off more than she can chew. But her plans for the tea shop are wonderful and she soon picks up pretty mismatched crockery for the delicious cakes she is going to serve.
Her introduction to the village community doesn't go that smoothly, but she's soon
Karen Whittard
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I have read by this author. But it certainly will not be the last, because I simply loved it.

In this book we meet Stevie. Who has got herself stuck in a little bit of a rut. She has found herself back at her childhood home because she has been fired from her job as a top patisserie chef, and the love of her life has walked away.

Not only that but Stevies great aunt Peggy has passed away. Stevie, her sister and mother attended the funeral. Stevie is told that her Aunt
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Enjoyed the book. Definitely a fun read and would give it 3.5 stars. I immediately loved Stevie, more after meeting her mom and sister. They were truly horrid people. Aunt Peggy definitely knew what she was doing with her will. Stevie's tea shop sounded like a lovely place to eat with all the delicious baked goods and not to mention Peggy, the black cat, who constantly sneaks into the shop.

Loved the story, writing style and characters. I'm pretty sure Allegra was that miserable because she
Mel Rawoteea
Feb 14, 2019 is currently reading it
My Thoughts

The Tanglewood Tea Shop is a lighthearted novel to escape into when life gets hectic. It begins with the protagonist, Stevie, inheriting a very handsome sum of money from her Great Aunt Peggy. She spent a lot of time with Peggy when she was alive and was always there for her, hence the large inheritance.

...How much? It came out as a strangled yell as Stevie spluttered tea down her chin.

Some people are not happy for Stevies inheritance and proceed to protest very loudly. Stevie is
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
I loved this, a lovely cheerful read. I couldnt put this down it was dotable and heart warming. Such a pick me up read. I loved all the characters. A great happy ending to a great fun read

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Alison
Three and a half stars.

Stevie inherits a small fortune from her aunt Peg and decides to use the money to buy a small tea shop in Tanglewood. Moving from working for a Michelin star restaurant in London to a small tea shop in a small village isn't without its challenges but Stevie soon makes friends.

What with dealing with the little old ladies, the yummy mummies and the school children, not to mention her less than supportive family, Stevie has her hands full and don't even get her started on the
Bridget
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THE TANGLEWOOD TEA SHOP by Lilac Mills was a lovely romantic novel that I really enjoyed.

The author beautifully depicted the picturesque village of Tanglewood, the diverse characters and the romance between the two protagonists. The secondary characters added dimension to the solid plot and I really enjoyed following their stories as well. The pacing was fast which meant this was a quick read and I liked the fulfilling ending, The novel was absolutely worth reading and I will be looking out for
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a digital arc of #TanglewoodTeaShop from #NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed the last book I read by Lilac Mills so I was hopeful for this one too, and I was not disappointed. Lilac Mills writes in a way that draws you in. She creates really likeable characters that, as a reader, you care about and want to learn more about. I felt I was one of the regulars in Peggy's Tea Shoppe and would have loved to visit there myself!

I didn't want to put this book down
Kelly
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: uno-2019
Absolutely smashed it! Fantastic book. Enough cakes to make you hungry, action to keep you hooked and romance to make you swoon. Funny and engaging, a complete corker of a book. Find a cosy nook and devour it in one fell swoop.

Frenchorchidea
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
First time I read a Lilac Mills book and I wasn't really sure what to expect. And let me tell you... I really loved what I saw! Yes, I enjoyed this novel so much! It's a book about second chances, about small community spirit but also about yummy cakes and a lovely tea shop. There is also a nice romance touch to this book that I really enjoyed! All in all this book was perfect to have a good time and relax! There is quite a lot going on in this book and if you like horses you won't be ...more
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a cute story about a girl starting over. Stevie is left an inheritance from her great aunt. She uses that money to buy a shop in a small English town and starts a bakery. This was a fun read, but I kept wanting a little more depth from the story. The writing was quite simplistic and there was no real climax to the story. Very predictable, but good for a light read. Thank you Netgalley for a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Lisa M
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such an inviting cover that matched the story perfectly!

Stevie is left an inheritance and almost on a whim moves to a rural community where she opens her own tea shop. The story follows her trials and tribulations to keep the customers coming in through wet summer months and also facing the challenge of a particularly harsh lady who has declared war on sugar and therefore Stevie's cakes.

Along the way Stevie makes a number of new friends that all sounded so charming, I'd so love to be part of the
Astha Sarmah
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book as an Advance Reading Copy (ARC) from NetGalley. Its a beautiful romantic novel thats not too long or too short and I really liked reading it.

The author has captured perfectly the picturesque village of Tanglewood, the diverse characters, the little details that add to the story and the romance between the two protagonists. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Stevie and her journey from losing her beloved great-aunt to becoming the owner of the tea shop that became a
Katie
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
By reading the Goodreads summary I was convinced I would love this one but sadly I did not.

The basic premise is Stevie inherits a whole bunch of money which makes her family mad so she goes off and buys a teashop in a small town. Soon after she buys the shop drama and romance arise, oh my.

Let me start this off by saying Stevie's sister and mother are horrible. I don't know if their introduction was what started my dislike for this book but it is very possible. Stevie was also pretty unlikable
Christine Robinson
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I have read by this author, but it certainly wont be the last. I love a book that centres around a rural community and this didnt disappoint, the characters drew me in from start and I felt I could imagine exactly what Tanglewood looks like in my mind, similar storylines as other booms I have read but what made this one that little bit different was the comedy element that made me laugh out loud at moments, especially Stevies and Leannes night out.
The book centres around
Amy
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This Book was everything and more that I want in a book.

It holds three things that are dear to me Love, Tea and Cake. How can you go wrong with a book about a Tea Shop and some love :)

Stevie is an amazing 26 year old red head or should i say chestnut - I'd be in trouble is Stevie heard me say red! At the beginning of the book we are introduced to Stevie who is stuck in a rut and not sure where to go. After an unfortunate accident that cost her the job she had working with Corky Middleton a Chef
Bex Evans
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet cosy and warming read. Loved it
Susan Johnston
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Princess Fuzzypants here: I confess. I wanted to spit and claw at the heroine Stevie in the early parts of the book. She just seemed hopelessly ditzy. I am glad I stayed with her though because once she got to Tanglewood and had a purpose, she changed. Oh, she could still do some silly things but even those turned out fine. Thanks to the bequest from her Aunt Peggy, she is able to start again with her tea shop. She is a great baker and despite the whinging and naysaying of her jealous mother and ...more
Kirsty Oughton
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Tanglewood Tea Shop is my first read by Lilac Mills and I know it wont be my last. This book certainly didnt disappoint. I was thrilled to be approved to read this book on Netgalley where what attracted me first to the book was the cover, its bright and certainly draws you in.

The story starts with Stevies clear special relationship with her aunt Peggy. Sadly Peggy passes away and Stevie inherits a lot of money from her aunt Peggy, much to the dismay of her mother and sister who actually
Ashley
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you to NetGalley and Canelo for sharing a free ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

2.5 stars. I have mixed feelings about this book but the plot was definitely my favorite part. Patisserie-chef Stevie can't quite get her life together, but when her beloved aunt passes away she inherits a good chunk of money and buys a teashop in the small town of Tanglewood. The story follows Stevie as she gets her business up and running, befriends some of the town's residents (butts-heads
Vivienne
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
My thanks to Canelo for an eARC via NetGalley of this frothy romantic comedy by Lilac Mills. Its published on 31st January and proved perfect comfort reading for a chilly winter day.

Patisserie chef Stevie recently had broken her leg after being knocked down by a bus and subsequently lost her job at a flash London restaurant, could no longer afford her rent (so moved back home) and finally was abandoned by her boyfriend.

Stevies beloved Great-Aunt then dies and unexpectedly had quite a nest egg
Mirna Skuhan
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just reviewed The Tanglewood Tea Shop by Lilac Mills. #TanglewoodTeaShop #NetGalley

First of all I like the setting of the book. We have enough stories about London, and UK countryside so it was quite a refreshment to see something set on the border of Wales. I immediately wanted to see the Google pics of this place if possible or something very similar and go there during summer!

Since the main character is a pastry chef you should think that enough of sweets and cakes have been mentioned in
Emma
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an early preview copy of this book from Netgalley in return for an honest review.
Stevie finds herself living back at home, with her disparaging Mother after getting run over by a bus, losing her job, her boyfriend and her home. Her beloved Aunt Peggy has died and leaves her a large sum of money in her will.
Stevie decided to take the plunge and buy her own teashop in the Welsh Countryside, despite only ever living and working in London. As things start to go wrong, she wonders if she
Bobbie Kirkland
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of THE TANGLEWOOD TEA SHOP by Lilac Mills in exchange for an honest review. Patisserie-Chef Stevie is sad when her Great Aunt Peggy dies, but things soon get even worse. Stevie gets hit by a bus, and because her leg is broken in the accident, she loses her job. Because she loses her job, Stevie loses her apartment and her boyfriend, and she has to move back in with her mother. Stevie eventually gets a chance to turn things around when she inherits a tiny fortune from her ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• New Starts and Cherry Tarts at the Cosy Kettle (Cosy Kettle, #1)
  • The Telephone Box Library
  • Escape to Giddywell Grange
  • The House at Greenacres
  • Lemon Drizzle Mondays at the Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 9)
  • A Cosy Christmas in Cornwall
  • Love Heart Lane (Love Heart Lane, #1)
  • The Little Gift Shop on the Loch
  • A Bakery at the Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 5)
  • The Cottage at Plum Tree Bay
  • A Mistletoe Miracle
  • Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
  • Snowflakes at the Little Christmas Tree Farm: A cosy and uplifting Christmas romance
  • Edie Browne’s Cottage by the Sea
  • Don’t Go Baking My Heart
  • Confetti at The Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 6)
  • The Icing on the Cake (The Cornish Cream Tea Bus, Book 4)
  • The Little Bookshop at Herring Cove (Rabbits Leap, #5)

Tanglewood Village (3 books)
  • The Tanglewood Flower Shop (Tanglewood Village #2)
  • The Tanglewood Wedding Shop (Tanglewood Village #3)