Start by marking “The Doctor Was Dark (Triple Threat, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Doctor Was Dark (Triple Threat, #2)

The Doctor Was Dark

(Triple Threat #2)

Take this oath and…

Shove it. As far as Luca was concerned, his promise to first do no harm could take a flying leap off a tall building. A doctor of his caliber should’ve known better than to make assumptions, though—and the biggest one he’d made was thinking he could ever live without Daisy. Now that he’s finally tracked her down, he’s prepared to move heaven and eart
Published August 31st 2019 by Gallant Fox Press

To ask other readers questions about The Doctor Was Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Doctor Was Dark

Start your review of The Doctor Was Dark (Triple Threat, #2)
Pelusa Rivera
Apr 06, 2020 rated it liked it
I hate weak and whiny mc and we got that with Daisy, she needed to buck up and be greatful for what you have and have accomplished and stop comparing herself to Luca. Luca I didn't get what you saw in Daisy, and I hate flashbacks, sometimes i can annoying put up with it if it will assist in story I didn't find that to be the case with this book, will I read more, yeah no.

rcvd an ARC at no cost to author..(netgalley) voluntarily reviewed with my own thoughts and opinions.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. It is the kind that you can identify with the characters and immerse yourself in the story. Very well written and characters to win the heart make this book a must read.

Kristen Casey
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Swoony Italian doctor falls butt-over-stethoscope for a beautiful New Yorker staying at his grandmother's pensione, but he's unprepared for how far he's going to fall for her.

He finds her again in Manhattan, but his resolve to rekindle what they once had is tested once he realizes both of them hid some key details from each other before.

I wrote this book - it's hot and emotional and has a wonderful HEA!
Grab yours FREE in Kindle Unlimited or pick up a paperback anywhere.

>Kindle ~ https://amzn.
Jessica Reads It
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
Can somebody please explain to me how the doctor was dark??? By the title I was given the impression that I was in for some dark, hot, daresay sexy turns and twists.

We kick off with the insanely hot (because why not?) workaholic Italian doctor Luca, who barely has time to date. I reference the title yet again, I expected a dominant who knows what he is about. What did we get instead you ask?? We got a shy doctor who is definitely unaccustomed to the dating scene and is getting assistance from h
Serenechaosnyc
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by Kristen Casey and I received a copy from NetGalley. I overall enjoyed the book but I did find a few parts a bit not to my preference. I tend to not like the jumping back and forth between timelines, which happened in this book, as the main characters, Luca and Daisy meet again about 18 months after they first met in Florence. I didn't think that the flashbacks really added much to the story and I personally think they could have been summarized quickly to set ...more
Marie Bourgery
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Luca and Daisy met in Italy and neither was honest about each other’s profession when they had a vacation romance. Luca was the type of person who always put his career first and was afraid that romance would affect his ability to be a good oncologist. He makes the mistake several times in this book of not being up front with Daisy and that causes a lot of hurt and misunderstandings. She never felt wanted by her birth parents who gave her up as a baby, her foster mother who promised to adopt her ...more
ᴀᴀꜱᴛʜᴀ
Aug 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: steamy-romances
Meet Luca, a doctor, an Italian, a shy Italian with a meddling family and friends. Is there anything that I couldn't love about him. He was sensitive and caring about his patients, daisy, friends.

Meet Daisy with a horrible dating past, scared to even try new things. She is running in the opposite direction as every twist and turn, and after some time of reading this, it definitely gets boring. To me she felt like a very weak whiny character, I would have left her and never looked back.

This book
Vinessa
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a little hatd to follow.
The description I read gave a different perspective of the story itself.
Daisy and Luca shared a bit of a past relationship. He let her leave with the wrong impression of him. But Daisy kept a few things under wraps as well.
But two strong wills does not make for a welcoming reunion more like a couple of bulls in a china shop trying to avoid the inevitable.
Lust and love overcome misunderstandings and secrets.
Alot of groveling and making Daisy depend on him is L
Deb
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this story. It was a fast paced read with intriguing characters. I felt her pain because she felt as she did but I also hated that she seemed so weak. She wasn’t perfect but the author gave her tributes that showed she should feel some sense of worth. I couldn’t grasp why she was so down on herself. The author used the flashbacks wisely and effectively in the story. I liked his character a lot. An enjoyable and entertaining story.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Cheryl Svec-Ray
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Doctor was dark is not for the faint of heart. Luca and Daisy story is full of mistrust, pain, sadness and self doubt.

Daisy's past has lead to her insecurities and Luca drive to succeed in his career was put above everything else, including love. I loved the scene of the past it allowed me to understand the characters better.

This story does not disappoint.

Caseycelia
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Like all her books, this one was very enjoyable as I've always been a fan of her witty dialogue and the way she paints a picture of place. I also love the way her characters make me think of people I know and love. This one also made me pour a glass of Italian red and I put everything else aside until I read every last page. I'm grateful to authors who write terrific series and who are prolific! Can't wait for the next one.
Jeanne Richardson
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the 5th book I've read written by Kristen Casey; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the characters.

Ashleigh
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story is really well written, has characters that are created with tantalizing depth and captivating story line.

Do yourself a favor and get this one. It is worth every penny.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Jeanne Kotsios
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book hooked me from the get go I just couldn’t put it down I fell in love with these characters and omg what a story just a perfect

I received a free copy of this book via booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review
Tristan Burbridge
May 22, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
The story line and character work were good. The book had a smooth flow to it. While I enjoyed this book, I had a hard time connecting to this couple.

Kimberly
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable fun romance read.

Elvira
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow I enjoyed this book. The characters are well developed and engaging with undeniable chemistry between the couple which made for a great storyline that kept me entertained throughout the pages.

May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this story about Luca and Daisy. They had a lot of chemistry and some issue to address to find their HEA. Do they make it?? Check out this great read!

Heidi Lengenfelder
May 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This was an enjoyable and good romance read. I enjoyed the characters and their dialogue. This was my first book by Kristen Casey and I look forward to reading more from her!

Thanks to NetGalley and Gallant Fox Press for an eARC in exchange for an honest review.
Lena
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
it was boringly ordinary and wholesome romance
C bond
May 29, 2020 rated it liked it
This wasn't a bad read. Well written. The chemistry was good between the two, with both the pretend and real them. But, something was missing.
Helen
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve been busy and haven’t been reading much lately, but this was just the book to jumpstart my reading again!!! As the craziness of the holidays subsided, I picked up this book and finished it in just a few days! The first chapter caught my attention and I was really looking forward to how this story would unfold... the characters were immediately likable and I loved the Italian sprinkled throughout. Of course, I love Kristen Casey‘s dialogues... so witty and realistic... she never disappoints! ...more
Prontoreader
Hollyanne
Mar 29, 2020
Jody
May 21, 2020

• Coffee Girl (Coffee Book #1)
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Admit You Want Me (Lone Star Lovers, #1)
  • Only When It's Us (Bergman Brothers, #1)
  • Could Be Something Good (Timber Falls #1)
  • The Call (Building the Circle, #1)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • The SEAL's Surprise Son (The Admiral's Seals, #1)
  • Pucked (Pucked, #1)
  • It Sounded Better in My Head
  • Touch of Hell
  • The Dark Rider
  • The Vampire's Shadow
  • Seer (The Titanomachy #1)
  • Not So Nice Guy
  • Free : An Eve's Fury MC Novel (Eve's Fury, #1)
  • Some Legends Never Die
Kristen Casey pens contemporary romance novels with heat and heart, and loves to get lost in scenes of snarky dialogue! Kristen lives in Maryland with her husband, two kids, and assorted cats. In her spare time, she enjoys all things crafty.

Triple Threat (3 books)
  • The Titan Was Tall (Triple Threat, #1)
  • The Hero Was Handsome (Triple Threat, #3)