Start by marking “Thunder Rolling (The Storm, #2)” as Want to Read:
Thunder Rolling (The Storm, #2)

Thunder Rolling

(The Storm #2)

True loyalty knows no boundaries…

The world around Whitney Lake keeps changing, but with John, Isaiah, Nick, Brandon, Dante, and Carson by her side, her foundation has never been stronger. Together, they are building a sanctuary for the survivors of Roanoke—the living and the newly Uncontrolled.

Still figuring out their newfound powers, and the connection which binds the
Published February 28th 2019 by Independently published (first published February 14th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Thunder Rolling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thunder Rolling

Mona Livsey
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this Series, and it is incredible. Starting where the first book left off, this storyline continues in the world of Zombies and the battle of wills between the controlled and the uncontrolled. Whitney are her guys are still battling Whitney’s brother Dexter and the evil Dr. Karlton. With more of the Controlled becoming Uncontrolled, they are having to handle more and more problems of the general populace. The emotional connection this group share within their “circuit” ...more
Sophia
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reverse-harem
How messed up must one be to enjoy the feel of another person in one’s head and to actually want to keep that connection going, or is this what love becomes at the times of zombies, end-of-live-as-we-know-it and world extinction-level events?

I must say, this book killed me a little, I felt the pull from my chest all the way to my toes. Bloody Damn! I loved everything about this book and more so because it is small enough to consume in one sitting.

Country Goose
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
May not want to read until Deluge is out.

It wasn't long ago I was asked if I would rather have a heart breaking ending or a cliffhanger. I think these two made that thing and LAUGHED!

If I wasn't so mad, I'd be crying right now.
 Diana Davis
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thunder Rolling: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance (The Storm Book 2) Kindle Edition
by Ripley Proserpina  (Author), Rebecca Royc
I received an eARC from the authors and am choosng to leave a fair and honest review

The only thing that is better than a Rebecca Royce book or a Ripley Proserpina book is a book by both.

Wow. Thunder Rolling really is a hurricane of a book. The story picks up shortly after Lightning Strikes left of, with Whitney Lake and her six men s
Jennifer G
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Whitney brought her guys back to life. Now she is their life. They don't understand everything about their connection just yet but she is their miracle, so when she gets sick John, Isaiah, Nick, Brandon, Dante, and Carson will do whatever it takes to make her better. They are willing to go to any extreme or pay any price for their love.

This book should not work. Zombies. Romance. Reverse Harem. These do not go together. But this story doesn't only work, it's a beautiful love story. T
Kayla
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG that cliff hanger! My heart hurts so much, I need book three right now to find out what happens! There was so much going on and they just all got back together again and now THAT happened

Thunder Rolling continues off from where Lightning Strikes left off. Whitney and the guys are still trying to figure out their connection and powers but their relationship is still going strong. They still don't have a hold on controlling their powers and connection too well and it ended up leading to some
iliana G
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
True loyalty knows no boundaries…

Still figuring out their newfound powers, and the connection which binds them all together, the guys don’t hesitate to do everything they can to protect the woman they love.

Whitney may have brought her
Vicki
If you haven’t read the first book in this series, Lightning Strikes, you will want to stop reading this review as I will refer to things that will be spoilers for book one below.

This series remains a unique one to me, as I have not read any other reverse harem stories about zombies (though I know there are some others out there). In this second book, as the blurb states, nearly the entire book is spent dealing with the consequences of Whitney becoming sick, and what it means for their circuit.
Pam Louis
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whitney's evil brother Dex controls the infected (zombies) with his mind. But some have broken free uncontrolled zombies they have free will.
Whitney has formed a link with 6 of the Dante, Carson, Nick, John, Brandon and Isaiah that link has healed them making thier heart beat. A huge group of them are setting up homes in the wildlife center.
So now earth has 3 different groups controlled zombies , uncontrolled zombies and humans but there aren't many of them anymore
This is the 2nd part of the
Valerie
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Why does love have to be so hard sometimes. Then there are times when you would give your life for the one you love. Well that's where this book takes us. The family have their new sanctuary and all uncontrolled are welcome. They are trying to organize the place and people. Then it all goes to hell when Whit gets sick and it's gets worse. The guys start to panic. Dante receives a message that changes everything.
Omg, I absolutely hated the ending and not because of the writing. It's all the pain
Chelsey
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Middle book syndrome

I like this a little less than the first but I still enjoyed it immensely. I think this suffered a bit from middle book syndrome (it's like middle child syndrome for books). The poor middle books never get the same attention as the first and last ones.

I digress. This is still a fantastic series but I grew a bit tired of everyone acting like a martyr. They never stop and talk to each other before doing something stupid. They're all so ready to sacrifice themselves for the gr
Jenny
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
The story started right after they have rescued John from Whitney's evil mastermind of a brother, Dex; and with Dante getting his body parts slowly. However, since they are now seemingly human again, they are now prone to exposure to diseases. Only, they didn't expect to deal with it sooner and it happened to the least expected person. They have to act fast or all will be lost.

OH. MY. GOD. I am sitting here, gasping, then screaming after reading that plot twist and then seriously contemplating
Jammie Bebout
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. WOW. Mind. Blown. I was soooo not prepared for that ending. I think my mouth might still be hanging open a little bit. This series is so creative, so innovative, and so insightful. I have a lot of favorite Rebecca Royce books and series, but this is right up there at the tippy top. Who would have thought that the lives and love of six technically dead men could be so compelling and evocative? This is definitely not your typical zombie story (hopefully Whitney will forgive me for using the z ...more
CarolKat
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me holding my breath and sniffling quite a bit.

After the destruction of Roanoke, Whitney, who told everyone to run, is now running out of energy.

Zero has become a refuge and with so many new arrivals there are problems every day. What they didn't realize was the circuit that binds them was also now killing Whitney. The energy the guys are pumping through to her is preventing the natural healing that a fever does.

As Whitney's fever climbs higher t
Missy Brown
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series so far and book two Thunder Rolling just amped it up a notch. If you have not read the first book, I would recommend to, so that you know what is going on and the characters. That being said this does end on a cliffhanger but, I believe it helps to lead up to the third book. As with the first, there is action, drama, suspense, a touch of danger, humor and just down right a well written book. The characters are fun and bada@@.

In Thunder Rolling we have Whitney
Keryn
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My heart is utterly broken right now. As if Whit and her guys hadn't already been to heck and back already. I have faith that in book three (the conclusion of their story) it will be worth this pain. The bulk of the story is trying to learn what's wrong with Whit and trying to get her better. Suffice to say LOTS happens alongside this....our gang sticks together and desperately tries to find answers....as usual roadblocks, surprises and evil jerks pop up....yet our crew fight no matter what. Tak ...more
Nicole
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book!!!! It’s one of the only post-apocalyptic, zombie books I love! I love Whitney, Dante, Brandon, Nick, Carson, John, and Isaiah!!!! This book has so many turns and twists, and the end is so suspenseful!!!! I need to know what Whitlee, as Dante calls her, will do to get her guys back! And how are they going to end this mess with Dex and the bad doctor!? I loved this book more than the first because it centered on Whitney, and her guys more. Their relationship was explored more and ...more
Remsony
Feb 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Thunder Rolling: The Storm #2 by Rebecca Royce and Ripley Proserpina
*I received an ARC of this novella from the author in exchange for an honest review*
3 Stars!
Slight Spoilers!
Through no fault of her own, Whitley spends a lot of her time in this book out-of-action. Although it made sense for the story, I prefer my female main characters taking ass and kicking names ;)
The action was fast and the story kept me on my toes. However, I found that the book seemed more lik
Joann
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing

No spoilers of any kind except this and that is there is a wicked cliffhanger at the end of this story.
But other than that I absolutely loved this book and I am impatiently waiting for the next book in this series.
Rebecca Royce and Ripley Proserpina make an amazing story weaving team.
They like to take their readers on awesome roller coaster rides and leave them wanting and needing more by the time they get to the end of the ride.
So yes I most definitely do recommend this book but if you have
Linda Levine
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This second book in the series continues to build on the action of the first book. Whitney and her men are still learning a lot about their abilities and some of them apparently come at a great cost.

I have really been enjoying this storyline and it is different from what I typically read. It is definitely more than just a zombie story. I love how all the relationships are growing and they really are learning to rely on one another.

There are some real surprises and heartbreak in this
Gabrielle Lee
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Readers are once again treated to Whitney's world. A world that has been turned upside down. Now Whitney is fighting for her life and her men will do all that they can to help Whitney. Their love is strong and nothing will stand in their way. I enjoyed seeing the relationships deepen as they fight not only to survive but for their love as well. It was nice to see Whitney grow as her story progresses. Their story is an interesting twist on zombies and romance. It is full of emotions and at times ...more
Haley Lynne
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have tissues. Be ready to bawl your eyes out. This story is as unique as the characters in this book. He whole time through this book I was like, nicks my favorite. Dante’s my favorite. Brandon’s my favorite..... I think they’re all my favorites. It’s heartbreaking to read about Dante deciding what’s best for Whitney. To watch Whitney suffer. This is a perfect follow up, you are already invested in these characters and this book only makes you love them more...or you know hate them. But the endi ...more
Gladys
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is book two in this very entertaining and unique series. It does end on a cliffhanger, so prepare yourself for it. As this intense and involving series continues Whitney, John, Isaiah, Nick, Brandon, Dante, and Carson have their hands full. The unknown, danger, drama and deep, powerful emotions are all playing there part as the roller coaster ride that is this story continues. The plot of this series is so very different and yet somehow it all works. And it works well. Can't wait for book t ...more
Erin Figueiredo
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intense and Amazing!

Once again these two authors have written a book that is filled with action, suspense and intrigue. The main characters have grown in their relationship and are still finding out who they are and what special qualities they each possess. The story is intense from the first chapter right to the end. It kept me guessing and definitely on the edge of my seat. I love these characters and their amazing (and steamy) interactions. I can’t wait to read how this story fina
Hsu Lee
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
It was a great book !
This is book 2 in the series.
We continued right were book 1 left off! ( Lightning Strikes )
This is the continuing store of Whitney and her six men.
( John, Isaiah, Nick, Brandon, Dante, and Carson )
Loved the characters + the storytelling !
It has all the ingredients that you need for a great book!
I can't wait for the next book in this series.
Theresa Wesley
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I forgot how much I loved this story until I started reading again. Whitley is an amazing character. She just wants to be with her guys and help them no matter what. Being in charge of an uncontrolled group isn't what she wanted. When she becomes ill we find out how much the guys are willing to do for her. The ending is hard and will make you want to scream. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Nikki Jerden
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thunder Rolling is another great book in the Storm series. I was skeptical when I started this series since it was set in a post apocalyptic world where there are “zombies” but I’m so glad I took a chance. This series has amazingly engaging characters and in Thunder Rolling you will be on the edge of your seat the entire time. The end of this book ends in a heart stopping cliff hanger but I know book four will be worth the wait. Bravo on another great book!
Denise Hixon Blevins
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ripley and Rebecca do not disappoint with book two of this series. We dive into the groups connection and feel the love they all share for Whitney. Struggles, feels, page turning suspense and then BAM. The cliffhanger made me want to scream. They all fought so hard and then that! It was so good and so unexpected and now I’m so obsessed. I love all books by Rebecca and Ripley and this one was no exception. Read Read Read.
Taylor
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when the love of your life gets sick? Anything. This was a great follow up to Lightning Strikes. We got to see the characters develop more and see just what they were all willing to do for Whitney. This book makes your heart break, heal, and break again. This book in the series ends on quite the cliff hanger and I can't wait to read what is next. I have to know what happens, I'm very invested in these characters!  I would definitely recommend this book and the whole series!
Sydney Hopke
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
WOW! This is becoming an amazing series! The authors are telling a story of Whitney and her men and all they're up against to just live in this world they're in. There's suspense, bad guys (of course), and just their love story. You must read the first book to know what's going on but don't start to think you'll know what's happening because the authors are good at putting surprising the reader. The ending though be prepared it's a doozy! Can't wait for the next book!!
Ripley Proserpina spends her days huddled near a fire in the frozen northern wilds of Vermont. She lives with her family, two magnificent cats, and one dog who aspires to cat-hood.

The Storm (3 books)
  • Lightning Strikes (The Storm Book 1)
  • The Deluge (The Storm Book 3)