Start by marking “Resolutions” as Want to Read:
Resolutions

Resolutions

Mike is my best friend.
Mike is my best friend.

My tall, gorgeous, and bearded best friend.

We both share a love for music, Monty Python, dirty jokes and my grandmother’s homemade cookies. I also have a giant crush on Mike.

And he has no idea.

I tried to tell him at a New Year’s Eve party last year, but I lost my nerve, and he ended up with someone else. Armed with a broken he
Published December 31st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Resolutions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resolutions

Start your review of Resolutions
Mara
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: subscription
A very charming, fun friends to lovers story, that I enjoyed all the more knowing that the "bad" ex gets her own HEA in Bear with Me. Super cute
Kim
Lucy Eden is a new-to-me author, but after seeing her seasonal novella making the rounds on Instagram, I knew I had to read it. I am a sucker for friends-to-lovers romances, after all. Jane and Mike's story was fun and steamy with some sweet moments, too. Oh, and Monty Python references. I enjoyed this one!
Stephanie
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg I loved it!!!! This book had me all giddy and it was just simply amazing.
I love a great Novella and this was one of them. Great beginning and ending. So many sweet moments that just leaves you in awe. I love Mike and Jane's story. A must read for those who love let say, a romantic-comedy novella for me :)
Leigh Kramer
Cute Christmas/New Year’s romance! I do wish Jane had come up with her list of resolutions for herself, not to become the woman she thinks Mike wants. Her insecurities felt a little implausible to me because surely she’d been around Mike’s music industry events and met his various colleagues before and would know that’s just how that scene is. But on the whole, I really enjoyed watching Mike and Jane go from friends to lovers.

CW: pregnancy epilogue, brief reference to past death of parents and g
Nerdy girl
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A short, sweet and amazing novel.
Luz Acevedo
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lucy does it again with this witty, amazingly written novel. You can't help but fall in love with the characters.
Miri Stone
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was packed full of gorgeous scenes and snappy dialogue from start to finish. LOVED IT! (Plus as I'm part of Lucy's romance critique group, I had the absolute pleasure of seeing it take form)
Melena Torretta
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arcs
Monty Python references, friends becoming more, and New Year's Resolutions add up to a wonderful story from Lucy Eden!

After missing her chance to tell her best friend Mike that she has feelings for him, Jane is determined to not let life pass her by, and then Mike offers to help her with the list.

Jane and Mike are so sweet together. I love their friendship. It's full of fun and jokes that they share, but those moments when their attraction to each other comes through, you can see they should be
Cassandra Haywood
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was an enjoyable read. The characters were well developed and you can feel their emotions of joy, friendship, love, doubts and shyness. The chemistry between the main characters Mike and Jane was great, the laughter, knowing each other thoughts, they enjoyed doing the same things. Their comedy banter between them had me laughing out loud at times.
I felt bad for Jane because she would always put herself down because she didn't feel her looks were beautiful compared to other women that M
Danielle
May 13, 2020 rated it liked it
A cute friends to lovers but there was some weird character building. It's like halfway through the novelette before you find out Mike's a former rock-star and that's how he's buying $1000 ice cream sundaes. Jane's introduced as a philanthropic, champion gift wrapping, kindergarten teacher - but I didn't ever feel those things in her character. She doesn't show a particular love of children, she passes on opportunities to join her grandma at the soup kitchen, and just in general seems to only be ...more
Jennifer Olivas
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This may be a shorter story, but it is packed full of all of the feels! I haven't got one bad thing to say about this story. I loved it from the first page, and I eagerly devoured every yummy morsel of it. Mike and Jane are quite possibly the epitome of everything that you would want your relationship to be. Best friends, lovers, Monty Python fans. They both love Grandma's cookies, trivia, and music. They are so amazing together! Can I just say that every woman should have a Mike in her life. He ...more
Kee
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a quick and enjoyable read about friends becoming more, which is a scary idea because good friends do not want to lose what they already have. Unfortunately, you must ask if it is worth the risk. Mike and Jane took 3 years of dancing around each other to realize what everyone else already knew. I enjoyed their story and would recommend it to adults.

There is language and adult scenes. Overall, this is a cute and cozy read with no cheating and an ending that leaves you with a smile. There
CS
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 Stars

It was a bit rocky and painful as Mike had Chellie. What was even worse, he hooked up with her on the same New Years Eve party that Jane had decided to confess her love for him. Ugh. Painful to read, and hurtful to imagine Jane having to see them together.
I didn’t have the best impression of Mike as he pretty much used Chellie to get over his feelings for Jane, but the fact was he never even tried to get closer to Jane.
Once I forced myself to get over that part of their history, th
KL Cassanello
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jane and Mike are best friends. And she's in love with him, but too chicken to tell him. Last year, she made a list of New Year's resolutions, and he sets out to help her meet her goals. I love this book. It's obvious from the first page that these two belong together - the chemistry and banter between them proves that point. Their nicknames (Stella and Captain) are so cute, and don't mean a thing to anyone else. His family and her grandmother are just such nice people, and his mother proves to ...more
Giofab21
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When feelings for your best friend who's dating someone else and is completely out of your league are anything but friendly, you see June's problem and feel for her. When Mike finds her list of resolutions he tells her he's in to help her check things off of it. Each plan, event or situation starts to make things more confusing and tempting, but now Mike doesn't seem to want to act like her friend anymore. After a surprise confession and a revealing truth the game changes and the fun begins. Thi ...more
JLH
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A pint of beer spilled on someone’s lap will get you a nice conversation as you wait for a refill at a bar. Sometimes. In this case it worked out very well. Mike who sitting at the bar got a pint of beer spilled on his lap as he was trying to get his drink. One thing leads to another and a friendship has begun in stock for about three years. Is the very cool book about how if you don’t: be brave, be bold, say you love me, you got to miss out on the opportunities You were destined to have. Nice t ...more
Kate (kate_reads_)
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect read to kick off a new year and glad this was my first read of 2020!!

Jane and Mike have been best friends for a couple years but she was trying to work up the nerve to tell him she wanted more. She almost did at a New Years party last year but right as she was about to tell him - saw him kissing someone else. She went home and wrote a list of resolutions for the year - she was going to make some changes and move on!

It’s now December and Mike has come across the list and sees there are s
Courtney
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a super sweet and cute novella that I loved so much. Mike and Jane have been friends for years now, they have seen each other date other people and neither one of them know that they both harbor feelings for each other. Then one day it all changes and Mike decides to help Jane finish her resolutions list and this brings the friends even closer as they more time they spend together. Feelings are let know, insecurities rise, and now they must decide if this is it or can they be more. ...more
Amy
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed friends to lovers romance by Lucy Eden. Jane and Mike had such amazing chemistry. You couldn't help but cheer them on. Jane is in love with her best friend Mike but she wimped out on New Year's so he ended up kissing someone else. But when he breaks up with his girlfriend, and finds Jane's list of resolutions, he is determined to help her check off that list. As they spend more time together, Mike begins acting like he wants more than friendship. Are Mike and Jane ready to take ...more
Brenda Moser
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet friends to lovers romance with strong characters in Jane and Mike. The author does a great job building their relationship and moving them into a stronger love. She brings the story to life with her detailed scenes and makes it a realistic,life like story. It moves quickly and smoothly and I loved reading.

Laura Yamin
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
This was the perfect New Years novella. The heroine has a list of things that she would like to accomplish at the end the year. The hero her best friend helps her. The relationship builds over time and it's really good.

For Book Recommendations and Author interviews, tune in to the What to Read Next Podcast every week. You can tune in on Itunes, Spotify , Stitcher and wherever you listen to your podcasts.
Jacque
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
TBH I’d give this more of a 3.5 - the writing was great and the story was compelling, but personally I found Mike to be really frustrating and immature as a hero. He was unwilling to be honest with Jane about his feelings for SO LONG and was sending her weirds signals with the whole “inviting her to his family’s house for Christmas & snuggling” without saying he was interested in her as more than a friend!!! I just found that to be really immature and unattractive. I liked the heroine though! ...more
Carolina
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
yeah i didn't vibe with this. i'm a fan of friends to lovers but i'm an even bigger fan of slow burn and angst and there was just,,, none here. the relationship developed way too quickly for my liking and i also didn't appreciate how the hero hid the fact that he had broken up with his gf while doing cute things with the heroine. it just didn't sit well with me. this had a lot of potential but i wasn't a fan of the execution.
Tania
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book, the story was well written and the characters were intriguing. Once I started I could not get enough, from the start till the end I was engrossed I was even on the edge of my seat with twists and turns, lust and passion, strength and happiness with a happily ever after. Do yourself a favor and buy the book you want be disappointed.
Thank you for allowing me to review your book.

Kristi
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet friends to lovers romance. Strong and well developed characters and a well written story line keep the reader engaged and turning the pages.
The author has done a great job bringing the relationship between the characters to life as they fall in love.

Sheila Moss
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mike and Jane had been best friends for years. Jane's feelings went further than this but would acting on them ruin what they already had. I loved reading the journey they went on. A really entertaining and enjoyable friends to lover story. Well worth reading.

Debra Richardson
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet and swoon-worthy best friends to lovers romance. It is well written, romantic, passionate, relatable, engaging, and enjoyable. The characters are loveable; their chemistry is amazing and off the charts. Definitely recommended.

Ingrid Vermeulen-Quakernaat
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Being in love with your best friend and not daring to say can make you miss a lot. It takes 3 years before Jane and Mike finally dare to admit that they love each other. A wonderful, extremely sweet romance for a wonderful evening on the couch.
4,5 stars

Jeanne Richardson
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th book I've read written by Lucy Eden; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Kimberly
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good holiday romantic comedy read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable funny holiday romance read.

• Go Deep (Unexpected Lovers, #1)
  • Guarding Temptation
  • Temporary Wife Temptation (The Heirs of Hansol, #1)
  • Gifting Me To His Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo #2)
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • Cold Cole Heart
  • Someone : A Novella
  • Office Hours
  • I Think I Might Want You (Love Sisters, #3)
  • The Rakess (Society of Sirens, #1)
  • I Think I Might Need You (Love Sisters, #2)
  • Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)
  • Destiny's Embrace (Destiny, #1)
  • Wedding Cake Crasher
  • No Broken Beast (Heroes of Heart’s Edge, #3)
  • King Sized (Royally Screwed, #1)
  • Mister Tonight
  • Yours to Keep (Man of the Year, #2)
Lucy Eden is the nom de plume of an romance obsessed author who writes the kind of romance she loves to read. She’s a sucker for alphas with a soft gooey center, over the top romantic gestures, strong & smart MCs, humor, love at first sight (or pretty damn close), happily ever afters & of course, steamy love scenes.

When Lucy isn’t writing, she’s busy reading—or listening to—every book she can get