Jump to ratings and reviews

Junk Mail

It all started with a sexy selfie.

Texted to the wrong number.

Oops.

Not my finest moment—but I have nothing to be ashamed of.

She thought I was no better, and I quote, than the knuckle-dragging douche-bags she was never dating again.

It was a stupid dare from a girl I’d met online, but since she’d given me a fake number, I didn’t feel bad that my interests were suddenly focused elsewhere—on the fiery and sharp-tongued, Peyton that I found myself sparring with over text for the rest of the evening.

The following day, my case of mistaken identity came back to bite me in the banana.

When I strolled into the office, I was introduced to Peyton as the new client I needed to win over. The Peyton , in case you're not tracking.

And let’s just say she had my full attention.

Brains? Check.

Beauty? Oh yeah.

And the best part? She hated me on sight.

Dear God, do I love a challenge.

Let the games begin.

258 pages, Kindle Edition

First published April 23, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Kendall Ryan

121 books16.9k followers
A New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of more than two dozen titles, Kendall Ryan has sold over 3 million books and her books have been translated into several languages in countries around the world. Her books have also appeared on the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists more than three dozen times. Ryan has been featured in such publications as USA Today, Newsweek, and InTouch Magazine. She lives in Texas with her husband and two sons.

VISIT MY AMAZON PAGE

www.kendallryanbooks.com/freebooks

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
503 (7%)
1 star
168 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 681 reviews
Profile Image for Kendall Ryan.
Author 121 books16.9k followers
April 26, 2019
It all started with a sexy selfie. Texted to the wrong number. Oops.

Warning: This book contains lots of inappropriate texts, a sharp-tongued grandma, and a hotel scene that will make you blush! 😉🍆😍🔥

NOW LIVE!! Thank you for an incredible release week! WOW!

🧡 Amazon: https://amzn.to/2MNuWSf
🧡 Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2DTbBMq
🧡 Apple: https://apple.co/2I1rqVI
🧡 Nook: http://bit.ly/2G8qXiJ
🧡 Kobo: http://bit.ly/2t4LsEn
🧡 Audio: https://adbl.co/2KJOgSV
Profile Image for Christy.
3,712 reviews31.6k followers
May 5, 2019
4 stars

photo IMG_3747_zps4ifgh0ga.png

Kendall Ryan always does a great job writing sweet and steamy reads, but what set Junk Mail apart from some of her others is that it was pretty funny. This story had a lot of endearing characters and it kept a huge smile on my face.

Josh and Peyton have something in common. They both take their careers seriously and don’t have much time to date. Josh decides to do something new and tries a dating app. When someone on the app asks for a picture of his junk, he obliges. The picture ends up in Peyton’s texts completely unsolicited. This wouldn’t be a big deal, except for the fact that Peyton and Josh end up meeting for a joint business venture just after that. Talk about awkward…

Still, these two have so much chemistry. Their relationship is sexy and loads of fun. One of my favorite things about this book was the heroines grandma and her relationship with her. She cracked me up. Junk Mail is narrated by Joe Arden and Savannah Peachwood and they both did a great job voicing Josh and Peyton. This book was especially fun to listen to and I would recommend the audio format.

Although there was a little unnecessary drama due to some lack of communication, overall I really enjoyed this one. If you’re looking for something light and fun with just the right amount of sweet and sexy pick this one up!!
Profile Image for MELISSA *Mel Reader*.
1,324 reviews1,389 followers
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Josh Hanson is a gorgeous guy living in Manhattan who is passionate about his work. He co-owns Wine O’clock with his best friend. He’s currently still single because he’s put his focus on his career and building his company instead of pursuing a relationship. He was all work and no play, and in need of a night of fun. He’s not a player, and hook ups aren’t usually his style, but lately he’s on edge and feeling starved for some female companionship. After four months of a dry spell, he decides to try out a dating app. He meets a girl online that dares him to send her a revealing photo. Things get a bit awkward when he realizes he sent his sexy selfie to the wrong number. Then suddenly he’s enjoying texting back and forth with a woman named Peyton for most of the evening. The following day he realizes what a small world it is when he comes face to face with his mystery woman, Peyton.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Peyton is the recipient of a dirty, candid text that she can’t deny excites her. She finds herself more intrigued than offended. She hasn’t had this much chemistry with someone in a while. She actually enjoys the banter with her unexpected, random, sexting stranger, but it’s time to get back to what’s important. She has a big day tomorrow and is hoping to get her subscription box service into some luxurious boutique wine shops. She’s meeting with the account manager of the company and needs this deal to make her dreams come true. If they agree to carry her products, this could be the key to her success. Then she realizes her new potential business partner is the hot guy who texted her that she hasn’t been able to quit thinking about. To make matters worse he’s even more delicious in person.

Things quickly get very complicated for Josh and Peyton as they have to do their best to keep things professional. The partnership they are building between their two companies is too important to mess up, but how can they work together with all the sexual tension between them. She can be his client and nothing more, so they agree to put what they are feeling on the back burner, but soon their business arrangement begins to shift as they can no longer deny their connection.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

-I know what I want. I want Josh.

-I don’t know what it is about him, but when we’re together, it seems natural, like everything is the way it’s supposed to be.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This was a fun, sexy, hilarious laugh out loud story about a texted selfie gone wrong. It’s a steamy, forbidden office romance that is extremely hot! I really enjoyed this book and love this authors writing!

***NOW AVAILABLE***
Profile Image for ABookLover73.
375 reviews206 followers
May 20, 2019
I love Kendall Ryan's books because they always make me laugh and this book is so much funnier than her other books.

Between Peyton and Josh isn't some kind of hate-to-love office romance. It reminds me of the Cinderella story but in this book, the girl doesn't lose her shoe. This story is about a guy who sends a sexy picture to the wrong number.

If you want a modern Cinderella story, you need to read "Junk Mail" 😍!
Profile Image for Dali.
1,749 reviews433 followers
April 23, 2019
Josh Hanson just wanted to let off some steam after too many months of grueling work. He didn’t see any harm in taking the dare ButterflyGirl6 had laid out for him. Sure it was his first dick-pic ever and he never dreamed it would end up in someone else’s phone. What were the odds it would end up in the phone of a very smart, sexy and annoyed stranger who he finds out is also the client he needs to impress in order for his business to grow. The very NEXT. DAY! But that’s ok, he’s up for the challenge to win Peyton Richards in and out of the board room.

Peyton and Josh engage in some very flirty exchanges, even when they were still strangers texting after the big pic faux pas. Their attraction is instant and soon they were fogging up my ereader while they were also getting to know one another “professionally.”

Josh is a little cocky and a lot funny with a very protective alpha male vibe which makes him a very endearing hero. While Peyton is sassy, strong and independent with an adorable, no-filters, very meddlesome grandma who helped move their romance forward. Especially during an overreaction due to lack of communication, which felt unnecessary.

Kendall Ryan delivers another flirty, sexy and lighthearted romance. Peyton and Josh’s adherence to office formality is flimsy at best due to their mutual attraction. It’s fun to see how they’re unable to even toe the line because of their incredible chemistry.

Junk Mail is a standalone romantic comedy by Kendall Ryan. It’s a light, easy to read, full length office romance. Told from both points of view with a happy ending.

* I was given an ARC of this book courtesy of the author. The excerpts are from that copy. I am voluntarily reviewing this title. *

Amazon -> https://amzn.to/2InHro7

Stalk me on FaceBook * Instagram * More reviews

My super quick review:
Yummy hero. Check.
Interesting text messages. Check.
Lot’s of flirting. Check.

Insta-lust/love. Check.
Some unnecessary lack of communication and overreacting. Check. Check.
Profile Image for Zoe.
1,753 reviews157 followers
April 17, 2019
Swoon-worthy, smart, and unputdownable!

Junk Mail is an amusing, adorable rom-com featuring the intelligent, fiery Peyton and the charming, cocky Josh as they both discover that what might have been the wrong number, to begin with, may just turn out to be the right one in the long run.

The writing is crisp and whimsical. The characterization is spot on with a wonderful cast of characters who are charismatic, quirky, and engaging. And the plot is an irresistible blend of shameless flirting, snappy dialogue, friendship, family, light drama, tricky situations, awkward moments, and sizzling romance.

I’ve always been a fan of Kendall Ryan novels, and Junk Mail has just become one of my all-time favourites. It’s outrageously funny, deliciously steamy and absolutely stellar.

Thank you to Kendall Ryan for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review.
3 reviews
Generic at best.
Characters lack development. Painfully predictable.
It was kind of everything I don't like about books, all in one book. The main character, Peyton, isn't given a chance to ever show the reader who she is. And Josh, he constantly changes to become whatever the author needed in that particular chapter.

I'm glad I only paid $3.99 for it, honestly the fact that I paid for it was the only reason I finished it. If I had gotten it from the library I would have just returned.

Meh.
Profile Image for Phuong ✯.
597 reviews4,389 followers
May 11, 2019
And let’s just say she had my full attention.
Brains? Check.
Beauty? Oh yeah.
And the best part? She hated me on sight.
Dear God, do I love a challenge.

Yeah no. The blurb is a lie. Never did Peyton even hate Josh. Not for one second. The blurb made it sound like some Enemies-to-lovers office romance but it was none of it. Josh and Peyton had it bad for each other from the moment they meet. The dick pic didn't help with their attraction. That's all I'm going to say about this book.
Thank u next.
Profile Image for Emma .
2,506 reviews351 followers
April 19, 2019
Junk Mail is utterly adorable; while the basis of the story may be a standard trope within the romance genre, it is the characters Kendall Ryan creates that make it exceptional.

Junk Mail is one of those stories you can be assured that fate has to play a part in peoples lives – how else could you explain a risque photo sent to the wrong number turning into a business partnership between the owner of the photo and the un-lucky (LUCKY) recipient 😂

Peyton and Josh have both spent the majority of their time building their respective businesses, leaving little time for fun. On the verge of a collaboration that will take both of their businesses to the next level – there is a lot riding on the success of their joint venture. Nothing can jeopardise their success, not even the astronomical levels of heat they give off whenever they are together.

While Peyton and Josh are busy fighting their attraction to each other, additional fun and games can be had with Peyton’s quirky grandmother. I want to be her when I grow up 😍 To be honest, I didn’t fully understand the repercussions of a relationship between Peyton and Josh would have on their business partnership but I guess it is down to professional ethics and the type of negative spin that other people could apply to their relationship.

A huge spanner is thrown into the works on a personal level by Josh’s business partner, Brody, who’s anger at Josh over his obvious attraction to Peyton bordered on suspicious. Follow the spanner with some misunderstandings and lack of communication and you have one hell of a clusterduck.

Although I do love a man that can admit when he’s wrong and give good apology 😘

Junk Mail is a fun, light-hearted romance with a good amount of sass to put the icing on the cake 💖
Profile Image for Amanda.
598 reviews92 followers
December 5, 2019
This book just made no sense to me. It had a premise that could have been funny or that could have provided a source of tension. Instead, it basically perpetuated the ridiculous idea that a man can send a picture of his "junk" and a woman would not only NOT be offended, but would happily enter into a business deal with him (and not request the partner who DID NOT send an offensive inappropriate photo) and also then want to date/sleep with him. (For the record, men, please don't ever think this would be okay, and if you accidentally sent such a picture to the wrong person, and they somehow show up at your office, recuse yourself. Thanks.) Their relationship was incredibly unbelievable and uninteresting and definitely was a case of instalove, on top of everything else. It wasn't so poorly done that I'd give it one star, but I definitely wouldn't really recommend it, either.
Profile Image for nikki.
763 reviews87 followers
May 20, 2019
A sweet romance, with very little drama; JUNK MAIL wasn’t my favourite of Kendall Ryan’s books, but I enjoyed it well enough.
Profile Image for RentasticReads.
699 reviews176 followers
April 22, 2019
4.5 Professional stars

This was such a great feel good book from Kendall Ryan! With little to no angst at all, Junk Mail is an utterly swoony, steamy, flirty and insanely scrumptious romantic comedy with a hint of forbidden that will leave butterflies fluttering around in your tummy and a sweet smile on your face.

This book had just the right blend of everything. Josh was funny and charming—I absolutely loved the parts where we get privy into what truly goes on inside his head, while Peyton was smart, fierce and oh so dedicated to her company. There were quips and quirks that will have you laughing—especially from Gram, but there were also parts that will make your skin tingle and your toes curl.

“Peyton, falling in love with you is the least professional thing I’ve ever done. And I want to keep doing it over and over again.”

Becoming business partners might’ve sent Josh and Peyton’s “relationship” right into forbidden territory, but it only spiced things up for them even more. They just had the kind of chemistry that was as intense and undeniable as it was instantaneous. And to think, it all started with a wrong sent dick pic.

I’m a motherfucking gentleman, not a junk-shot-sending caveman.

Junk Mail’s plot wasn’t over the top or unique, but it’s one that will definitely leave you with good vibes after that last page. It’s adorable and playful—a book you can dive into if you need a real good pick-me-up.

Follow me on: InstagramFacebookTwitter
Profile Image for Shayna.
1,813 reviews592 followers
April 28, 2019
“𝙎𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙬 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙤 𝙙𝙖𝙢𝙣 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚."

𝗝𝗨𝗡𝗞 𝗠𝗔𝗜𝗟 by Kendall Ryan is a swoon-worthy, standalone romantic comedy that gave me butterflies in my stomach and a case of the constant giggles! With tons of puns and adorable awkwardness, once again, Ms. Ryan has absolutely no trouble at all leaving me with the biggest smile on my face. Peyton and Josh are two of the most lovable and entertaining characters. It was cuteness and charm overload, for sure! It's romances like these that remind me why Kendall Ryan is one of my GO-TO authors for feel good and delightful happily ever afters.

🅖🅡🅐🅑 🅘🅣 🅗🅔🅡🅔
Amazon → https://amzn.to/2DBD05d
Apple → https://apple.co/2I1rqVI
B&N → http://bit.ly/2G8qXiJ
Kobo → http://bit.ly/2t4LsEn

ARC Tag
Profile Image for Ashlee » libraryinthecountry.
768 reviews611 followers
April 29, 2019
A cute and quick read! I did feel like some elements of the story were brushed over quickly ... the characters didn’t have much depth beyond their work, including their relationship going from 0 to 60 in a blink. But overall, this was a satisfying read!
Profile Image for Booked & Busy Book Blog.
925 reviews34 followers
April 11, 2019
Junk Mail has got to be my favorite Kendall Ryan book! Full of fun, flirty and witty comments and a sexual chemistry that damn near set my Kindle on fire, Peyton and Josh’s story was simply amazing. The story line was intriguing, the characters were sexy & fun, the secondary characters (Gram) were so fun to read, I felt that I was right there in the story with them! From the accidental junk mail to the happily ever after, this story had everything!
Profile Image for Sonia N..
660 reviews48 followers
February 9, 2021
I Loved This Rom Com! ❤️❤️

I really enjoy reading books by Kendall Ryan. She is such a gifted writer.
The title to this story is funny true! Peyton received a text and while at home with her Gram in the kitchen, she opens the text to a dick pic!! Her Gram thought it was a recipe picture of a leg of lamb or a ham hock, Lol 😆
Gram is widowed and lives with Peyton. Peyton is a single and beautiful young lady. She has really good bffs, who are engaged, and that’s something she wants to be as well.
She lands a great contract with the best wine company in New York. Josh Hanson is the company’s CEO and they hit it off! He’s gorgeous and single.
I simply loved this book, such a funny and romantic storyline! I will definitely read this book again.
Profile Image for Amy .
2,672 reviews
4.5 Stars!!

“Ordinary is the last word I’d use to describe what just went down between the two of us. Not unless you tack an extra in front of it. Because, goddamn, Peyton is extraordinary in every possible way.”

Who would have known that a sexy text sent to the wrong person, would turn your entire world upside down, leaving you chasing the most epic love of all….

Words can not even begin to express how much I adored Peyton and Josh!! Their story hooked me from the very first page and I was honestly powerless in devouring it. I couldn’t put Junk Mail down. Junk Mail is everything that I’m looking for in an office style romantic comedy. The story-line was fresh and entertaining. I couldn’t help but laugh at the initial meeting between Peyton & Josh. Their start was definitely unconventional and once they realized who the other was, well, all bets were off. The pull between Peyton & Josh led to some fantastic will they/won’t they moments that just left me desperate for more. These two tried super hard to keep things strictly business, but their attraction would prove too hard to ignore…

Junk Mail was exactly the book I was looking for. It captivated me from the very first page and Josh totally stole my heart. From embarrassing moments to ones that had you laughing out loud. To moments of flirtation, undeniable chemistry, and steamy encounters. To men being men and not realizing that it’s the little details that matter and can lead to terrible miscommunication. This book had it all and had just the right amount of drama, steam, humor and angst. I even adored the side story of Gram & Duncan. Gram was a total hoot and I loved her meddling. I was happy to see her find some love as well.

Bottom line: I LOVED Junk Mail. I loved every single moment of this story from beginning to end. I laughed. I swooned. I got annoyed. And in the end, I was left with the biggest smile on my face. Junk Mail was the perfect read to spend my day getting lost in and is definitely a top read from this author.

*I was provided an ARC copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review*
Profile Image for April Symes.
4,991 reviews402 followers
April 24, 2019
Junk Mail by Kendall Ryan is a feel good, sweet, sassy, sexy, adorable , exciting, fun, swoon-worthy romantic comedy that will have you right there with the characters.
Peyton & Josh’s story is one that is real and believable. Their relationship developed with an accidental email and from there what occurred next was a Fate and a beautiful journey that ends with the amazing joining of two people who truly belong together.
Peyton and Josh are awesome together, the wit and the humor is great and the passion and heat is fantastic. This is another reason why Ms. Ryan is one to have on the auto reads list.

My Rating: 4.5 stars ******
Profile Image for Melissa  ❤️ bookaddict_fanatic .
930 reviews69 followers
April 23, 2019
I love reading a Kendall Ryan book because I'm guaranteed a book that will suck me into the story so much so that I can't and won't put it down until I see the words "The End". Josh and Peyton were nothing short of hilarious, witty banter and explosive chemistry. How can you go wrong with an inappropriate pic to the wrong number, sexy texts, an attraction to a potential business partner and a grandmother who intervenes when she feels it's necessary...... you just can't, so grab your copy of this fun sexy read now!
Profile Image for Heather andrews.
9,520 reviews148 followers
April 13, 2019
Josh sometimes needs to give himself pep talks, "don’t look at her ***, dude. Don’t look at her ***. S***. I looked at her * **." Josh sometimes just needs to clear the air, “I really, really appreciate it. You’re amazing . Just know that normally I don’t let a woman make me come until I’ve given her at least one solid orgasm.” I liked this book, I liked Josh.
48 reviews
April 23, 2019
The resolution on this one just annoyed the heck out of me and it is lucky to get the 3 stars. Josh is an idiot and the misunderstanding was poorly explained and weak on execution for forgiveness. She should have demanded more and he should have been more contrite and thoughtful on what he did wrong. It was too pat and easy.
Profile Image for Vedrana.
127 reviews
December 9, 2020
Junk Mail is entertaining, funny, and sexy with lots of humor, heat, tension, romance,
Profile Image for Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog.
3,647 reviews111 followers
April 24, 2019
5 Stars!

Sexy. Swoony. Unforgettable in the all of the ways. Kendall Ryan is back with a brand new standalone and a brand new favorite on mine to add with the others. Junk Mail was the simply brilliant! A feel good, swoony, sexy, laugh out loud romance that had me all in my feelings and loving every single moment they gave.

What happens when you send a pic of your willy to the wrong person? And then they just soooo happen show up on the opposite side of your meeting? Absolutely everything in the best kind of complicated ways.

Packed with heart, heat, steam, and laughs... Josh and Peyton were so magnetic and their chemistry was unusually through the roof. These two had my heart racing as I raced through the pages of their fast, predictable, unputdownable journey.

I love Kendall Ryan and I love knowing what I'm going to get with her. She's easy, safe, and so dang good at this writing thing. And her characters? Addicting in the best ways.

Reviewed for Renee Entress's Blog
Profile Image for Kate.
776 reviews90 followers
April 27, 2020
For a minute there I thought this would have a higher rating.

Peyton and Josh were so damn cute together and Josh was not a typical alpha/player douche. He was thoughtful and kind and had great chemistry with Peyton. On top of all that, this story also featured some good female friendship as well as some great familial dynamics.

So what went wrong?

Well...

Profile Image for Leila.
408 reviews74 followers
Shelved as 'did-not-finish'
March 5, 2021
DNF @30%

Even though I was warned that I might not enjoy this one I couldn't help myself...the pull of possible witty banter texting was too strong.

I couldn't get past the writing; it felt too juvenile and contrived.

Sorry.
Profile Image for TheGuideToRomanceNovels.
1,144 reviews325 followers
April 12, 2019
Not my first read by the author! I was so excited to be chosen to receive an ARC of this! Kendall Ryan does Romance right, as always!

This steamy very flirtatious romance story will have you laughing, swooning, anticipate and be on the edge. HAHA be prepared for the TAKING OF THE DICK PIC, I haven't laughed so hard! Best first scene!
When that dick pic ends up in the wrong text message things only go up from there. (no pun intended)
Of course after the rather awkward exchange, both can't help but wonder who who is! So it all begins there, well it more began when the fact that they met in a office, his office to be specific.

Josh is a very handsome, successful and oh so sexy man. And Payton is a woman who left it all to start on her own. Now where do you go from have already seen the man's 'private part'...humor, of course! The foreplay in this, you can feel from the words, fantastic! Oh, and I will also warn you right now GRAN is the feisty & the BOMB!!

This book to me was a lot of fun to read, good laugh, kept me engaged the whole time (as always Kendall Ryan does that with her books!) The type of read where you don't realize you're reading, that's how in you are. I really needed this after a few very very emotional books!!

I am rating this a TOP FAVORITE 5 PLUS & HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I will have to say that this did make my TOP 2019 MUST READ list, too!!
H A P P Y - R E A D I N G
Displaying 1 - 30 of 681 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.