Start by marking “Never Trust a Rockstar (Never Trust, #1)” as Want to Read:
Never Trust a Rockstar (Never Trust, #1)

Never Trust a Rockstar

(Rockstars in Kill Devil Hills #1)

WIN A DATE WITH A HOT ROCKSTAR?
Yes, please. Sign me up.

Emma has always been obsessed with Ollie Mills of the southern rock band, Sunset Revival. She follows his every move on Twitter, likes all his posts on Instagram, and stalks his page on Facebook. So when there’s a contest to win a date with the sexy-as-sin, bad-boy rockstar, of course she enters.

It’s a one in a million
Published November 5th 2019 by Sarah Darlington

To ask other readers questions about Never Trust a Rockstar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Trust a Rockstar

Start your review of Never Trust a Rockstar (Never Trust, #1)
Tpagirl Loves Romance
Never Trust a Rockstar was the first book in the Rockstars in Kill Devil Hills series by Sarah Darlington. (Update: renamed the Never Trust series)

It was a quick and heartfelt read. I enjoyed the characters. Caleb was the lead singer in the wildly famous band, Sunset Revival. The band was made up of three brothers and their female cousin. Oddly enough, the face of the band was Caleb’s brother Ollie. Emma was a small town girl with a fan girl crush on Ollie, whom she won a date with for one night
Book-Bosomed  blog
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5/4 Stars (This was really hard to rate because I had totally different feelings about the first 2/3 than I did w/the last 1/3)

Winning a date with her favorite rockstar is a dream come true for Emma Winchester, 22. That is until she actually meets him and discovers that the real catch is his brother. Caleb Mills isn’t about to let his brother’s dick moves drive away the girl who’s caught his eye. If friendship is all it becomes he’ll be satisfied with that…until he isn’t.

This sucked me in rig
Sentranced Jem
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-2019
I’ve read my fair share of rockstar romances…If you even whisper the words Rockstar Romance, I will pounce on it.
Never Trust A Rockstar promised a whole load of everything I loved in a rockstar romance but somewhere It felt off.

Let’s not go into details and just say that I didn’t really enjoy this book as much as I thought I would.

Moving on!
B. C. Booklover
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great start to a new series🎸

The 1st book in a new Rockstar series with an author I haven't read before but will again, I'm thinking! There are more connected books to follow in the next few months in this easy to love series and I'm interested to see what happens next.

Emma, waitress, house cleaner living in the coastal town of Kill Devil Hills, NC with her family, while fantasizing and dreaming of her rock idol crush, Ollie Mills. She's been dating a guy, really hasn't felt the connection at a
Emily (Mrs B's Books)

Sometimes when you meet that famous person you have had a crush on they match the person you see on the TV, but as Emma discovers, sometimes they shatter the illusions you have completely. Olly Mills certainly shatters the illusion that Emma has about him, however his brother Caleb see's something in Emma from the moment that he see's her.

Emma and Caleb actually find themselves able to talk to each other and there
Melissa
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to say I started this book this morning and finished it 5 seconds ago (with a full day of work and mom duties in-between). It is that good! I love when authors write in a way that make you not want to put the book down. I definitely had that, "what happens next? What is she going to say? What is he going to do?" Inner dialogue the whole way through the book. I love the insta respect and chemistry that Emma and Caleb have for each other. The friendship they build is flirty but real. She is ...more
Natalia
Jan 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
the h has a boyfriend that loves her, she has doubts about it but keep stringing him along! Wins a "date" with a rock star that she stalks obsessively and says she would totally sleep with him if he wasn't a DOUCHE!
DNF at 18%
Peggy M
I received an ARC of this book and this is my voluntarily, honest review of it.

‘Never trust a rockstar’ is the first book of a new series that revolve around the music band ‘Sunset Revival’. This band consist of the three brothers Luke, Caleb and Ollie Mills and their female cousin Dani. Just like in any other family they have their ups and downs. But when needed they have each other’s back. For the readers who have read the ‘Kill Devil Hills’ series, they will recognize a few familiar faces in
Doris
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Winning a Date With a Rock Star

You would think winning a date with a rock star you have been crushing on since forever would be a dream come true. Well not if Ollie thinks he's God's gift and figures he's doing you a favor by allowing you to have sex with him. Pretty typical probably but with Emma being a nice virgin who had been taking care of her cancer ridden mother she had stars in her eyes and things didn't work out like she thought.

Ollie's brother Caleb may be the lead singer of the band b
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one was a really good read. Emma has a crush on rock star Ollie. It's just a pipe dream until she wins a contest and get to met him in real life. The author is one of my one click authors and I didn't read the blurb so I thought Emma was going to get with Ollie but one chapter two was in Ollie's brother Caleb's POV I was like ok. I had doubts how it was going to transition smoothly from Ollie being Emma's crush to her liking Caleb but the story line was prefect. Emma is sweet and nice and C ...more
Shannon
4.5*

I love Sarah Darlington’s Kill Devil Hills series so much, so I was really excited when she announced she’d be revisiting there with her new rock star series, centered around four member of the band, Sunset Revival. Book 1, Never Trust a Rock Star, is a great introduction to the series, the band, and its members.

Emma may think Ollie’s the one she wants, but it’s Caleb, the charming, swoony lead singer who swoops in to steal her heart. What started out as friendship, and a special one at tha
Sandy S
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date November 5, 2019

WIN A DATE WITH A HOT ROCKSTAR?
Yes, please. Sign me up.

It’s a one in a million chance.

Caleb Mills has always been unlucky in love. From the girl who
Jasna (JV_readinglist)
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I have read by Sarah Darlington and it will definitely not be the last because now after reading the first book in this series I can't wait for the next.
This book is about Emma, a 22 year old, who is having a pretty tough life by working a lot and taking care of her sick mother. At this point, her life is pretty much planned, but one day she wins a date with a Ollie Mills from the group Sunset Revival, with whom she has been obsessed.
But she gets disappointed because
Lisa
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Darlington does another brilliant job in her new release; Never Trust A Rockstar. This book had me hooked from the very first page and once I started, I couldn’t put it down. NTaR was the perfect, slow-burn-emotional-rock romance book I’ve read—and I’ve read my fair share of rock romance. So if you’re looking for your next read, look no more. Sarah Darlington gives it her all in this one, and you know what? She nailed it!

5 Hoodie stars!

*Was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review*
Kelly (the book hussy)
"Because even if something did start between us, I knew deep down, I should never trust a Rockstar".

3.75 Stars

I was so happy to be back in Kill Devil Hills, NC! I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this one.

Honestly, I didn’t even read the synopsis. I went in blind. I just knew it contained Rock Stars and my favorite little beach town.

I loved Emma from the start. Sweet, innocent, naive virgin and dealing with a mother with cancer. Just “stuck” in life. Working part-time as a waitress and a
Veronica Bellaorev Books
***2.5 STARS

I really wanted to love this book been that I love rockstars stories so much. The concept of the love story between Emma and Caleb; a rockstar and his fan falling in love intrigued me but the developments felt off to me. I couldn’t connect with the main characters life and choices.

I think I’m the minority with this book. Again it wasn’t my cup of tea but it can definitely be yours.

*** I voluntarily read and review an advance copy of this book.
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
Sarah Darlington always write beautiful and full of meaning stories and Never Trust a Rockstar couldn't fall behind.
Rockstar romances are a go to for me, and having glimpses of Kill Devil Hills' crew made this story even better!

From the second Caleb sees Emma everything changes. The attraction is instant but Emma isn't there for him... she's there for a date with Ollie, Caleb's brother.
Fortunately something goes wrong and Caleb sees a chance to try to get to know Emma better and they become frie
Mindy
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read! Humor, unexpected twists, feels everything in a good read! Emma has a crush on a rockstar, nothing unusual about that, but now she's won a date with him! What happens when you meet your famous crush and he turns out to be more of a frog than a prince? In steps his bother, a guy you connect with, but you already have a boyfriend what are you going to do? Very good read, great characters, touching storylines and nice pacing.
Kimkbries
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was so good! First book I’ve read from this author but it makes me want to read more. Caleb and Emma’s story was amazing from page one. Their chemistry, their struggles, their moments working through their feelings all made for a story I could not put down. And the fact Caleb is a rockstar he is the perfect guy! I look forward to more books in the series!
Karin
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Emma’s dreams come true and she wins a date with the rockstar that she is basically obsessed with, Ollie, she is amped to meet the man of her dreams until she meets him and can’t stand being in his presence a second. Enter Caleb who’s Ollie’s brother and he’s happy that he crashed and burned and is intrigued by Emma and wants to know her. I enjoyed every page of this story and can’t wait for more from this series or rockers!!

I voluntarily reviewed a advanced readers copy of this book
Hailey
Dec 18, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Stars
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Cranky Stars

As the saying goes “Never meet your heroes, because they’re sure to disappoint you” Well Emma learned that lesson the hard way when she met her crush her idol Ollie Mills. Seriously you can’t help but want to junk punch him repeatedly. He was rude and arrogant, but Caleb Mills wasn’t. How can two brothers be total opposite? You’ll find out in this book.

All Emma Winchester did was work and take care of her mother with the help of her Aunt Luce. Just struggling to make ends meet s
Joanna
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
“I’d known this girl for a grand total of thirty minutes, and already I wanted to punch my brother in his face over her.”

The first book in Sarah Darlington’s new series, the Never Trust series, introduces us to a family of rockstars that promise to steal your hearts.

In this first installment we meet the whole gang, but focus mainly on Caleb Mills - the lead singer of the band and middle child of three brothers. He’s serious and sweet and falls hard when it comes to love. Having had his heart bro
carrie thackston
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this romance. Emma is living a sad somewhat mundane life. Her mother is ill and her family is doing their best to hold it all together. She has developed a crush on Ollie, a famous rockstar. She has the chance to meet him and quickly realizes all that glitters is not gold. Caleb, Ollie's brother is different. Caleb is not your typical rockstar hero. Yes he is famous and hot, but the excess of the life of a rockstar is old and he is over it. It seems he wants to continue to play, ...more
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *

description

Sarah Darlington takes her readers back to Kill Devil Hills in her brand new series and my goodness is it good to be back. I was addicted to her Kill Devil Hills series and when she announced that she was launching her new series right back where it all started, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the first book and let's just say that it was beyond anything I could have ever imagined.

Never Trust a Rockstar was a beautifully captivating romance w
Lula Pantoofle
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was given to me free in exchange for an honest review

The plot:
So the story of lead singer if Sunset Revival, Caleb and fangirl Emma. Emma wins a competition to meet her heartthrob Ollie Mills and his band. Ollie turns out to be a dick, but his bandmate brother turns out to be the guy of her dreams.

This had all the makings of a great rockstar romance. It was a completely engaging read. It was sweet, full of feels and definitely pulled on those heart strings. Caleb was a sensitive hero
Aimee
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Magali
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent romance
Do not expect torrid scenes, but a good, well-written romance, whose style, characters and story kept me going, from the beggining to the end.
Emma is an absolute fan of Ollie Mills, the musician of her favorite band. She has a simple life and works to help her family beacause her mother is sick. Her aunt had registered her in a contest. She won and she becomes Ollie's date at a charity gala, but the date is very disappointing because of Ollie's behaviour, and she felt an immedia
5 stars today, 5 stars everyday!!! What a rockstar romance whirlwind. I can’t get enough of rockstar romance stories and this one did not disappoint! This was my first Sarah Darlington story and I loved it so much. The story is told by Emma who is in love with the band Sunset Revival, particularly the guitarist Ollie Mills and Caleb Mills, Ollie’s brother, who is the lead singer of the band. Throughout the story Emma starts to develop feelings towards Caleb which she never saw coming and Caleb f ...more
Mariah
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, kindle
This being the first rockstar romance I've read I feel like I've been missing out on life. Where have I been?

It was a quick, and enjoyable read. Emma winning a dream date with her favorite rockstar Ollie Mills leads her to the wonderful Caleb Mills, who has his eyes on her from the moment he sees her. This book took us from the awful date, to the friendship and relationship of Caleb and Emma. I loved getting the dual POV from Emma and Caleb. Dual POV is always something I enjoy rather than get
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Darling (Darling Devils, #1)
  • Sing to Me
  • Rock Star
  • See Through
  • Dirty Rocker
  • Never Lasting (Never Blue #1)
  • Heartbreak Beat (LA Rock Star Romance #1)
  • Ghost Note
  • Before the Second Show
  • Treyton (Savage Beasts #2)
  • Kozart (Savage Beasts #1)
  • Truth
  • Rocked Senseless: A Stand-Alone Rock Star Romance
  • Endless: Ty & Zoey (Less Than Zero, #1)
  • See Her (Turn it Up, #1)
  • Trey (Liar #3)
  • Never Again (Never Blue #2)
  • Once Upon A Holiday
Subscribe to my newsletter for new release alerts: sarahdarlingtonauthor.com/cv

I'm Sarah Darlington. I write Contemporary Romance books that are both steamy and sweet, with a touch of agnst. I love creating book boyfriends you won’t soon forget.
My latest... Joe Coffee☕️

I’m a mom to two young kiddos, both on the spectrum, so my days are never the same and always busy.

📍Virginia
🐍Slytherin
😘Sarah Darli

Rockstars in Kill Devil Hills (4 books)
  • Never Kiss a Rockstar