Start by marking “Flirting with the Frenemy (Bro Code, #1)” as Want to Read:
Flirting with the Frenemy (Bro Code, #1)

Flirting with the Frenemy

(Bro Code #1)

Mission: Survive my best friend's wedding, where I must play nice with my ex and his perfect new girlfriend.

Strategy: Bring the hottest fake boyfriend on the planet.

Target: Grady Rock. Master Baker. Dimples. Muscles. The unicorn of fake boyfriends.

Complication: Wyatt Morgan. My brother's best friend. My sworn enemy. Military man. Sexy as hell single dad. The man I let into
Published March 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Flirting with the Frenemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flirting with the Frenemy

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Flirting with the Frenemy is book one in the brand new series, Bro Code by Pippa Grant. I would call this a cross between the enemies to lovers trope, the brother’s best friend trope, and the single dad trope.

Ellie Ryder thought she knew what she wanted in life. She had the career she wanted. And the man she’s been dating for the past two years checked off all the boxes. Until he dumped her on Christmas Eve. Not wanting to be alone at her own place, she goes to her parents home and who does she
Pippa Grant
Feb 17, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Author's Note, Release Day!!!!:
It's here!! It's HERE!!! And now the world can see Wyatt and his #bookboyfriendgoals, and Ellie and her vulnerability and strength, and the Long Beak Silver and his foul mouth, and have I mentioned the pirate-obsessed best friend/bride? Because if she hadn't demanded a pirate-themed wedding, Shipwreck wouldn't exist, and I kinda love Shipwreck more than I probably should... (and yes, the characters totally boss me around, even though I know I shouldn't let them, bu
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: missy
OMG! I absolutely loved this fun, flirty, smart, snarky, sexy enemies to lovers romance!

Ellie and Wyatt have a crazy history. They practically grew up together, and have consistently annoyed the heck out of each other for years. Their relationship has been to goad and cajole and generally find fault with whatever the other is doing. And that worked for them for years. Until it didn't.

Until they finally realized what they were feeling for each other wasn't annoyance at all, it was actually somet
Kate
I thought there could never be a book that Pippa Grant could publish that would surpass what I feels for Ares and Beauty and the Beefcake

Ares, I love you boo, I always will, but this book has pirates. PIRATES!!!!!!!

I WILL NEVER NOT LOVE PIRATES!!!

Black Sails ,
Captain Hook from Once Upon a Time ,
Pirates of the Caribbean , just give. Me. PIRATES!!!!! Talk Like a Pirate Day is one of my favourite things. I used to make a joke about answering the phone at work with my growly "Arrrrrrrrrr" in p
Jaime Fiction Fangirls Book Review
Wyatt and Ellie 4-Ever

Before I picked up this book I heard rumors that other readers were saying that Wyatt was replacing Ares as their favorite Pippa Grant Hero. My immediate reaction was NO WAY!! Well, I just finished this book and it sort of pains me to admit that it might just be true for me too!

I will ALWAYS, ALWAYS love Ares but, man, Pippa really brought it when she wrote Wyatt.

Sexy military man ✔
Single, AMAZING dad ✔
Great friend ✔

I mean, what’s not to like?

However, it’s the banter, ch
Treena
Sigh. As of this writing, I'm the first 1-star review of this new series. 😞But I just have to be honest. I can't honestly give a book a 2-star rating (which means, per GR, that the book was "okay"), when I actually didn't really like it.

Pippa Grant is one of those author's that I have a hit-or-miss relationship with. I either like the craziness of the characters/story or I think the humor is too OTT. Sadly, this one was a miss for me. I didn't laugh at scenes that were supposed to be funny. And
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars!

The title says is all. It is as promised, a Frenemies to lovers book. Add in Best Friend's little sister and there is bound to be some tension. Loved the whole thing!

Wyatt and Ellie have a long history having grown up together. They have always bickered and tried to one up each other. Apparently, everyone but them say it for what it was---foreplay. The chemistry is off the charts with these two. They know each other so well, I really think that is what finally sealed the deal for Ell
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
“Ellie Ryder and me?
We mix as well as water and lava.”

The books get crazier and crazier and I love every minute of it. Flirting with the Frenemy is so hilarious and addictive that there was never a dull moment. After all the heavy books that I have been reading, this was the perfect remedy. It made me feel light and free. It was exhilarating.

Ellie and Wyatt have never gotten along from the time they met. He was her brother’s best friend from childhood. Fast forward many years and they sti
Emily (Mrs B's Books)

This is the brilliant beginning of a series by this author and it is told by Ellie and by Wyatt as they navigate the waters six months after having one night together, before Ellie got into a massive car crash that has changed her life around.

Wyatt is one of her brothers best friends and also the man that Ellie has been fighting with for as long as she can remember. With her best friend getting married in a crazy t
Kim O
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars for this hilarious and sexy book. I loved it. When you're grabbing your kindle because you have to know what happens next in the middle of a work day you know you've hit gold. Lovable and quirky characters that will make your heart turn to mush and will keep you tied in knots waiting for them to hook up. This author writes funny and cute and funny and sexy and funny and just damn right funny. This is book 1 so jump on the Pippa Grant train with me and laugh your butt off.

Lots of check
ItaPixie
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Flirting With the Frenemy was a nice enjoyable read.

When Wyatt went to live with his grandma he made a lot of new friends around the neighbourood.His best friend's little sister always wanted to play with them and in the end he always found himself bickering with the girl.
Now after so many years their relationship is still complicated,they are not friends nor enemies and maybe they are only deceiving themselves about their real feelings for each other.
I liked Ellie and Wyatt since the beginning

Christy Bailey
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read!

This was such a great read! It was a light and hilarious book with some ama,ing characters. The bad luck these two had was epic and so crazy but it's what made This book what is was. The ending wasn't quite a cliffhanger but it was just a tease and now I have to read becks story to see what the heck is going on!
Prerana
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really loved this book. It was so adorable. I mean, I cannot resist a single dad. And come on, Shipwreck is totally adorable!! I loved both Ellie and Wyatt, and everything about this book was just super cute. I'll definitely be reading more Pippa Grant. I absolutely love her!
Melonie Fatchet
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The term frenemy has been re-defined in this larger-than-life tale of love and hate. Ellie always had a fiery relationship her brother’s best friend, Wyatt. But her feelings take on a whole new level of mixed up emotion when her entire world was rocked in an instant. She and Wyatt are a recipe for disaster and she is convinced that the universe is out to make sure that they keep their distance. When one tub of “loser ice-cream” ignites their fiery relationship, a disaster strikes. Now they are f ...more
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is not my first read by this author & not last for sure, so far I have loved every book, including this funny banter, adventurous, steamy and fun story!

When Ellie and Wyatt have a rather unforgettable night, It seems that Wyatt’s idea of smooth, was not so smooth after all. What happens next had me crying. She did not deserve it, but life throws curve balls left and right.

6 months later they again meet in a unconventional way except, Wyatt isn't alone. What went from a funny ha ha momen
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Flirting With The Frenemy is full of laughter and hesitancy. I always have tears running down my face from laughter with Pippa Grant's books. This one was no different. She gives us tons of laughs but she also gives us tons of emotional change in the characters.

Ellie is super fun. She may have let a few things hold her back a bit, but shes full of life and sass. Her quick wit and banter with Wyatt showed how sassy she could be. Wyatt is at a crossroads dealing with a lot, but he makes sure to a
Nancy Metsch
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the first Pippa book I read and I truly loved it.
My feeling for Wyatt kept changing I never disliked him and I never liked him he was right there in the middle. I do understand why he was gun shy about being in a relationship. But I was delighted when they saw the smole had cleared
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
No one combines swoon and sarcasm quite like Pippa Grant! I mean, who knew insults could also be sweetly hilarious?! Flirting With the Frenemy will keep you laughing and your heart melting from start to finish. I laughed so hard while reading this I had tears running down my face and then I was happy sighing just as much from how much I adored Wyatt and Ellie!This is definitely one of those reads where you’ll be smiling nonstop.
The chemistry these two have is nothing short of electric with spark
Nate Brightman
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Stars
At this point after having read all the books from Mr. McHottie to Charming as Puck I thought I knew what to expect from Pippa Grant. But Flirting with the Frenemy surprised me. And Not always in a good way. This book starts out a little darker than all the other books of her’s I’ve read. Ellie our heroine has been dumped by her long time boyfriend two days before Christmas. Wyatt her older brother Beck’s best friend has just received his divorce papers and has had to accept the fact that
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
Shelves: romcom
Flirting With the Frenemy is filled with so much fun and the perfect amount of heart, it's why I'm continually drawn to Pippa Grant's books time and time again.

There is almost no better description than Frenemy when it comes to someone from your childhood who tormented you to no end, yet also pushed you to better yourself because you just had to prove to that insufferable being that you were better than all of their constant teasing. (Boy did I see a lot of myself in Ellie)

Ellie grew up with her
BookAddict
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FUN. That’s what this book is. It's just so darn much fun! Everything about it, all the way through it is fun. It’s also hilarious, zany, outrageous, quirky, steamy, evocative, poignant and sweet. With an adorable kid, a delightfully unique cast of secondary characters, an ex who doesn’t seem to understand the meaning of “ex,” a foul-mouthed parrot, pirates and treasure hunts, dueling town festivals, farm animals run amok, and a phenomenal theme wedding, this book has something for every reader. ...more
Kathy Rouchelle
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolute joy to read and one book that will keep you reading well past your bedtime to see what will happen next with these two. A romcom that will definitely keep a smile on your face the entire way through and even have you laughing along with the characters at some of the scenes. The banter between Ellie and Wyatt begins right at the beginning of the book and does not end, just softens up a bit at the end. But then, their banter began when they were kids and Ellie would tag along with her ...more
Luv 2 Read
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What would you do when the enemy becomes the frenemy?

Pippa Grant's writing style just gets better and better.
She knows how to pull you in and make you feel like you are apart of the story.
The characters become so real they are Family.
Wyatt, is a military dad who came from a background, where in the beginning his family life wasn't the best.
When his grandma started to care for him, she introduced him to the Ryder family and they became like a second family to him.
Beck, became his best friend and
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)

Flirting with the Frenemy by Pippa Grant was so much fun to read. Her books tend to be hilarious and at times over-the top, but they are also charming and full of steaminess. They are a great escape when you just want to read something enjoyable and light.

Ellie and Wyatt have always had a push and pull relationship. I loved their banter and back and forth. Wyatt is Ellie’s older brother’s best friend and has always been a part of her life and driving her crazy. Then when both of them a
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

First can we swoon over that cover for a minute ladies and gents? Hubba, hubba! Holy hotness! Pippa always seems to have the best ones...

But back to the real reason we are here... Pippa Grant is back with a brand new series and the first brand new standalone in it and this is one you do not to miss.

Sexy. Sweet. Smart. Flirty. Fun. Laugh out loud. A whole lot of complicated but oh so worth every moment. Plus who doesn't love a wedding?! Flirting with the Frenemy was an amazing enemies-to-
Lissanne
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pippa Grant has fast become one of my favourite rom-com authors, and this book only cements that status for me! This rollicking, hilarious rollercoaster of a tale is about Ellie, Wyatt, his adorable son Tucker and pirates. And boy bands. And Frogger (who doesn't remember the glorious game that was Frogger???).

Ellie and Wyatt have known each other since they were kids. Ellie's brother, boy band turned underwear model Beckett, is Wyatt's best friend. Which means Ellie and Wyatt have been frenemie
Maggie
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Flirting with the Frenemy was astonishingly hilarious and I absolutely had so much fun reading this light and quirky rom-com. There was never a dull moment in the book with the crazy townspeople of Shipwreck, the pirate theme wedding, and the accidents/disasters that followed Ellie and Wyatt whenever they got close. Ellie and Wyatt were fun together. Their witty banter and arguments were hilarious and I adore how they were so quick and nifty when they try to one up each other. It is so true th ...more
Michele Gay
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given Flirting with the Frenemy by Pippa Grant as an Advanced Readers Copy (ARC) from Give Me Book Promotions. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book.

LOVED IT! Thank you, Pippa Grant for another hilarious story. True comedic genius written into every line, loved the condiment fight and the constant issues that surround Ellie and Wyatt are so out there I just laughed through the entire book.

One disaster after another befall upon Ellie and Wyatt when they are figuring out, they really do
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog

I laughed. I despaired. I swooned. Even when I wasn’t reading this book, I was thinking about the characters and talking about it. I put it down very grudgingly to adult but kept sneaking back for more.

Ellie was so infuriating and pigheaded! I loved how strong and independent she was, but she made me want to shake her sometimes! Wyatt was everything you would expect of a military man, and practically perfect in every way. His son Tucker was positively adorable.

The plot was interesting and unique
Robin Sweeney
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I mean this is the best way possible but I just can't deal with Pippa's writing, she's an unbelievable genius writer. There is not a book of hers that I don't constantly have to put down because I'm laughing so hard. And y'all this one is around a Pirate themed wedding...I want to go to one now! The brother's best friend troupe is one of my favorites, and this one doesn't disappoint. The character's she's created are priceless and you always fall immediately in love with. Ellie and Wyatt are no ...more
Pippa Grant is a stay-at-home mom and housewife who loves to escape into sexy, funny stories way more than she likes perpetually cleaning toothpaste out of sinks and off toilet handles. When she’s not reading, writing, sleeping, or trying to prepare her adorable demon spawn to be productive members of society, she’s fantasizing about chocolate chip cookies.

Bro Code (2 books)
  • America's Geekheart (Bro Code, #2)