Start by marking “Reign Of Fire (Deep State Mysteries Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Reign Of Fire (Deep State Mysteries Book 1)

Reign Of Fire (Deep State Mysteries Book 1)

USA Today Bestselling Author, Casi McLean, presents a military political thriller with supernatural elements in Reign Of Fire.

To expose a faction threatening America’s democracy, Emily Rose joins forces with a team investigating her sister’s murder, but she never expects to fall in love––or to encounter her twin’s ghost.

Ashton Frasier accepts his detective career
Published January 31st 2019 by Casi McLean, Inc (first published January 24th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Reign Of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reign Of Fire

Start your review of Reign Of Fire (Deep State Mysteries Book 1)
Dianne
Twins have a special connection, a sixth sense, so when Emily started “feeling” that something had happened to her sister, Alyssa, she couldn’t have been more right. Alyssa was dead, murdered, and Emily will move heaven and earth to find her killer. What she uncovers is a powerful conspiracy group making a play to destroy America’s democracy.

Aided by the handsome detective, Ashton Frasier and her twin’s ghost, Emily may uncover more than she could have dreamed, out of the ashes of death, she may
S.R. Mallery
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
***** What a Great, Tense, Romantic Ride!

Sometimes the simplest thing can set off a chain of events that are irreversible––and horrendous. When Alyssa Rose accidentally collides with a man in Starbucks, she spills coffee all over him and the letters she’s about to mail. Important letters that her politician boss entrusts her with. No worries, someone says. Simply change the envelopes. But when Alyssa does just that, she discovers contents in one of them she’s obviously not supposed to see. And
Inge-Lise Goss
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Riveting Conspiracy

“Reign of Fire” by Casi McLean is an engaging political thriller with a nice touch of a ghostly element. The very first chapter had me hooked as Alyssa Rose, an intern for a congressman, fearfully sneaks out of the Capitol and mails an envelope. Later, an unidentified female body is dragged out of the Potomac. Ash Frazier is the detective assigned the case.

Alyssa’s twin sister, Emily, an investigative journalist living in Atlanta, has a special gift of being able to sense
Aaron Lazar
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reign of Fire by USA Today bestselling author, Casi McClean, is the first book in the Deep State Mysteries series. Set in dazzling Washington DC, this fast paced mystery is also part political thriller, part steamy romance, and part paranormal.

I’m not going to rehash the plot, because you can easily read about it in the book description or in the many other reviews. I’d rather tell you what I enjoyed.

Several characters dominate the story, including the fiery protagonist, Emily Rose, dynamic
Uvi Poznansky
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
REIGN OF FIRE combines elements that I never imagined coming together—murder, political conspiracy, romance, and the apparition of the victim—to create a highly engaging read. Allysa’s body is found in the river; her twin sister Emily, who possesses a sixth sense, had a feeling of Alyssa being in trouble. Detective Ashton Frasier is investigating the case, and there is an instant spark between him and Emily. They ry to set aside their undeniable attraction in order to keep a cool head, interpret ...more
Tamara
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Packed With Intrigue, Romance And Suspense!!

REIGN OF FIRE, Book One of the Deep State Mysteries by Casi McLean is a gripping, entertaining murder mystery and political thriller with paranormal elements and loads of romance.

Alyssa Rose, a government employee interning in Washington, is found murdered. When Detective Ash Frasier discovers her body in the river, her twin sister Emily, who possesses a six sense, arrives on the scene. Along with Emily’s older brother Wyatt, a wounded warrior, the
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
I received this book for free. I am voluntarily leaving this review and all opinions expressed herein are mine.

This is the first book in the Deep State Myseries series. Alyssa is an intern for the government who is on her way to mail some letters. Before she gets the envelops in the mail, coffee is accidentally spilled on them. Alyssa decides to open the mail and swap the envelopes for fresh ones. But, now she's seen what she wasn't supposed to see and for that she is murdered. Alyssa's twin
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Emily Rose and her siblings Alyssa and Wyatt used to discuss the possibilities of a shadow government that might be looking to overthrow the American Democracy. Especially after Wyatt's latest tours in Afghanistan. Both Emily and Alyssa took jobs to try and make a difference, but neither expected their attempts to make a difference would cost one of them their life.

Now Emily is teaming up with Ashton Fraiser, the detective who found her twin's dead body, to uncover the secrets that Alyssa had
Stephanie N
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this epic tale, Alyssa Rose ends up murdered after she stumbles upon a letter involving a conspiracy to overthrow our Government. With the devastating news of her sister’s murder, her twin Emily Rose and brother Wyatt head to Washington to help find her killer. Once in Washington DC,Emily meets up with Detective Ashton Frasier and it was love at first sight with a little help from Emily’s deceased sister. Will Alyssa’s murder be solved? Will Ash and Emily become a romantic couple? Will Emily ...more
Elysian Fields
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This story was a thrill ride. We get transported deep into a murder mystery, politics, action and a hint of romance. The story was well written and detailed; I could have just walked into the story and been another character. I liked the development of the relationship and how the plot played out. I was thrilled along with questioning the mystery. I didn’t guess anything so that was nice. There was a hint of supernatural (or at least otherworldly belief). I liked the mixture of the two; I think ...more
Vickie Chaisson
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reign of Fire

Reign of Fire is an adrenaline filled rollercoaster ride of deceit, murder, traitors at the highest government levels and new found love. This suspenseful novel takes the reader through a twin sister Emily trying to find out who murdered her sister Alyssa. Emily meets the lead police detective on the case and they realize that the trail leads to just a murder but treachery at the highest government level to take over the American government. This author entices the reader from page
Jocelyne
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Casi McLean's book, and won't be my last. This is the first book in the Deep State Mysteries Series. This is a great Political thriller/Romantic Suspense with paranormal elements. The story is well written and captivating. Emily and Asthon are great characters. The secondary characters are also interesting. Emily's sister ghost adds paranormal elements to the story. I like it! The storyline is fast-paced, action packed and suspenseful. Kristin James did an amazing job with the ...more
Tena Stetler
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A terrible feeling that something is very wrong leads Emily Rose to discover her twin, Alyssa Rose has been slain. Did the faction threatening the White House and American’s democracy have anything to do with it?
Emily joins forces with a team investigating her sister’s death. Ashton Frasier the detective on the case suggests Emily pretend to be Alyssa in an effort to flush out the killer, but time is not on their side.
Can the ghost of Emily’s sister help uncover the truth? Will the attraction
Courtney Odor
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always, I have to state that this book was given to me for free in exchange for a review.
I always like to state that this does not impact my review or my opinion of the book. My reviews are honest and my own opinion of the story, performance, and overall thoughts on the book.

When I say that this book has everything, I literally mean everything...

Romance, Thriller, Paranormal, and amazing character development and storylines.

Murder, shadow government conspiracies, ghosts, and blossoming
Karen  Dee
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
There was a lot going on in this book from start to finish. A murder mystery, a deep state plot, a romance, a ghost and a dog. How does it all come together? Very nicely I must say. This book had me intrigued from the first page. It is not your typical murder mystery. There are elements of quite a bit of things thrown into the mix including a political conspiracy. There was non-stop action and intrigue to keep you flipping the pages to see what was going to happen next. I only wish there was a ...more
Lynn
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put if down - Emily and Ash seached to find out who killed Emilly's twin sister and who is behind the Association. There is the intrigue of the shadow govenment called the Association trying to take control of all departments the govenment in Washington DC and how the muder is involved. It is full of twists and turns and a touch of supernatural. Well-written so that it pulls you into the story and the action. More books in this series and by this author will be on my reading list.
Sara Warner
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a solid four star read. It had elements of the supernatural, murder mystery, and some romance. I kept turning the pages waiting for them to figure this out, all while finding love in the strangest of circumstances. The only issue I had was I couldn't relate to Emily. Her reactions to the death did not make sense to me, it was like this was her twin sister, her better half, best friend, but she was actually calm about her death. There were other examples, but that one stuck to me. I ...more
Darlene
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reign of Fire is an engrossing novel that starts mysteriously as Alyssa is covertly mailing a letter. In a random act Alyssa, an intern for a congressman, discovers proof of a shadow government. She returns as a spirit to help her twin sister Emily piece together the puzzle of her murder, along with her brother Wyatt and detective Ash Frazier. This well crafted political thriller has it all-romance, intrigue, political conspiracy, murder and a spirit. An entertaining, unique, page turner that I ...more
Sandra Dailey
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying, this book was difficult for me right from the beginning. I happen to be an identical twin. The thought of losing my other half is beyond painful.
That said, The story was complex and fast moving. I'm not a conspiracy theory type, but it's easy to believe that some things go on behind the scenes we aren't aware of--especially most recently.
The paranormal elements made the story more entertaining rather than a little crazy. I liked the characters and I liked the way the
Susan C
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a terrific blend of “who dunnit”, romance and a touch of paranormal thrown in to spice things up. I don’t typically read this particular genre, but will add this, and it’s author, to my list of go to reads. Plot and character development are spot on and with enough resolution at the end to keep you happy, but enough of a cliffhanger to want you to keep going to the next book, Casi McLean demonstrates her writing chops! Great book!
Carolyn
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh So Good!

What a book! I could not put this one down and had to read it in one sitting. The espionage and intrigue kept me on the edge of my seat. I loved the characters and chemistry and The Who concept of Deep State is so scary and you can’t help but believe that it’s a little bit true. You wrote a really great book Ms McLean! I can’t wait for the next book in this series.
Angelina Kerner
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so I normally don't read books like this - sketchy politicians and shadow governments. It had several new ideas about ghosts and or how couples get together. I found it intriguing. The ghost in this book is refreshing. I really like how the character was written. A great detective story of finding the killer.

For 20+ who like reading about conspiracy theories, romance, and ghosts.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Reign of Fire

Conspiracy, murder and mayhem. I enjoyed the concept with government conspiracies and it was thrilling trying to uncover the mystery. It was a little hard for me to connect with the characters and believe their relationship which took away a bit from the story for me.
Marsha
May 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Reign Of Fire by Casi McLean

I really liked the plot and characterizations, but it did not ever pull me in. I felt the conversations were too far from reality. People don't really talk like that, so it made it difficult for me to connect. I also dropped a star for editing.

*I read this as part of the Love Under Fire anthology.
Cassy
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reign of Fire was a gripping, thrilling, 'who-dun-it' read. It starts off innocently, and from there, the plot thickens, as these characters begin digging for answers, only to reveal a conspiracy that runs deeper than they imagined. You'll have to read to find out what they discover.
Marian Elavsky
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a delight!

I love stories that include mystery, romance and a bit of the paranormal. This book has it all! Thanks Casi for a wonderful enjoyable story. Can't wait for book 2!
Colleen Mooney
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great plot, wonderful characters you want to see more of!

The plot was fast paced and the chemistry between Ash and Emily kept the pace moving. I couldn’t wait to see what happened next! Great first book in a series!
JoAnne
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting story about murder and conspiracy with romance and a bit of paranormal thrown into the mix. Well written with an intriging plot and characters make this a story one you don't want to miss reading.
Sara Callaway
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This author just keep getting better and better. Emily and Ashton are kinda thrown together and have to work against the clock to solve the mystery ahead of them. I'm not usually a fan of this genre but I am totally glad that I gave this one a chance and you should too
Mandy
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story from Casi McLean. I have read and enjoyed her lake Lanier series, so jumped into this one and she didn’t disappoint.
Emma, a investigative journalist, had a bad feeling when her twin sister didn’t answer her calls they would talk often since Alyssa moved to the Capitol to start out in the world of politics. It was so unlike her to not keep in contact. Emma’s ‘six sense’ was telling her something was wrong.
When the police arrived at her apartment with her brother Wyatt she

• Pandorum
  • Ruin (Russo Saga, #2)
  • Jungle Rapture (The Jaguar Queens, #1)
  • The Haunting of Hillwood Farm
  • A Long Way from Yesterday
  • Empty Promises (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #6)
  • Deadlock (Uncommon Enemies #3)
  • Hearts Of Darkness (The Santiago Trilogy Book 1)
  • Wolf Kiss (Warrior Wolves #1)
  • Deception Bay
  • Murder on the Brewster Flats (LeGarde Mysteries Book 12)
  • Heart Storms
  • Anointed
  • Chasing Secrets
  • Single Chicas
  • Diamonds and Lies
  • Two Hearts Under Fire (Two Hearts Wounded Warrior Romance #8)
  • Maybe Now
USA Today & Amazon Best Selling Author, Casi McLean, pens novels to stir the soul with romance, suspense, and a sprinkle of magic. Her writing crosses genres from ethereal, captivating shorts with eerie twist endings to believable time slips, mystical plots, and sensual romantic suspense.

Known for enchanting stories with magical description, McLean entices readers with fascinating hooks to