Start by marking “Reign Of Fire (Deep State Mysteries #1)” as Want to Read:
Reign Of Fire (Deep State Mysteries #1)

Reign Of Fire

(Deep State Mysteries #1)

USA Today Bestselling Author, Casi McLean, presents a military political thriller with supernatural elements in Reign Of Fire.

To expose a faction threatening America’s democracy, Emily Rose joins forces with a team investigating her sister’s murder, but she never expects to fall in love––or to encounter her twin’s ghost.

Ashton Frasier accepts his detective career choic
Published January 31st 2019 by Casi McLean, Inc (first published January 24th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Reign Of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reign Of Fire

Start your review of Reign Of Fire (Deep State Mysteries #1)
Dianne
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Twins have a special connection, a sixth sense, so when Emily started “feeling” that something had happened to her sister, Alyssa, she couldn’t have been more right. Alyssa was dead, murdered, and Emily will move heaven and earth to find her killer. What she uncovers is a powerful conspiracy group making a play to destroy America’s democracy.

Aided by the handsome detective, Ashton Frasier and her twin’s ghost, Emily may uncover more than she could have dreamed, out of the ashes of death, she may
N.N. Light
Unease floods Emily’s veins and she worries about her twin sister’s safety. When her brother, Wyatt, delivers the horrible news of her sister’s murder, her life spins out of control. She flies to DC and teams up with Detective Ash to bring her sister’s murderer to justice. The more they uncover, the more she realizes she and Ash are in mortal danger. The Deep State has infiltrated the American government and they will stop at nothing to cover their tracks. Can Emily trust her gut and her sister’ ...more
Coco.V
May 15, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/15/2020)! 🎁
InD'tale Magazine
Readers would not be likely to put together a political thriller with sides of paranormal and romance, but the combination of all three just fits together in this first installment of a new series.

Read full review in the 2020 March issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
Disclaimer: I received this audiobook as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by Casi McLean. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.

One of the things that I really loved about this novel was how the political thriller part of this was the main part of the plot. I know that the first chapter really got me thinking that it was going to go one way and then it gave me a twist that I wasn’t expecting. I’m also kind
Talie
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars

I received this audiobook at no-cost from Audiobookworm Promotions. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.

Casi McLean has put together a fun paranormal thriller that is sure to excite! I mean mystery, politics, and a little paranormal thrown in for good measure? Yes please!

Emily Rose is a young reporter devastated by the loss of her sister. As she travels to Washington D.C. to identify her sister’s body it becomes increasingly clear to her that her sister’s de
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Something different from Casi and I liked

Overall 3 out of 5 stars
Performance 4 out of 5 stars
Story 3 out of 5 stars

This was something new and different for me from Casi. I like it. I was caught up in the intrigue of it all. The things that could get you killed whether you seen something, heard something, or heck. . . they just didn't know what you may have or have not. This was a good listen from the beginning with one sister. All the way to the end with the other sister.

Now, as for the audio q
Nicole Dunton
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A freak accident changes Alyssa's life as she knows it. It puts her in danger. Her sister Emily flies to Washington D.C. to find out what happened. She finds herself working with the investigators to solve the case. The further they get, the more they realize that it's deeper than they could possibly imagine. Between that and her growing attraction for Ash, Emily finds herself overwhelmed.

I really enjoyed this book. There were parts that were a bit cliché, but I feel they added a little bit of
Katherine Paschal
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
**For more reviews visit me at https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/

When Emily gets a strange feeling, she knows her twin sister is dead. When the police come to her door and confirm her worst fear, she needs to know what really happened to her sister. Working with an attractive police officer who believe foul play was involved, Emily assumes her sister's life to root out the truth.

This is the third book and second series I have read from this author and I have enjoyed them all. Her worlds have
S.R. Mallery
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
***** What a Great, Tense, Romantic Ride!

Sometimes the simplest thing can set off a chain of events that are irreversible––and horrendous. When Alyssa Rose accidentally collides with a man in Starbucks, she spills coffee all over him and the letters she’s about to mail. Important letters that her politician boss entrusts her with. No worries, someone says. Simply change the envelopes. But when Alyssa does just that, she discovers contents in one of them she’s obviously not supposed to see. And t
Inge-Lise Goss
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Riveting Conspiracy

“Reign of Fire” by Casi McLean is an engaging political thriller with a nice touch of a ghostly element. The very first chapter had me hooked as Alyssa Rose, an intern for a congressman, fearfully sneaks out of the Capitol and mails an envelope. Later, an unidentified female body is dragged out of the Potomac. Ash Frazier is the detective assigned the case.

Alyssa’s twin sister, Emily, an investigative journalist living in Atlanta, has a special gift of being able to sense t
wendi wigham
May 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Duke , an exceptional friend

Alyssa & Emily are twins totally in sync all their lives, their brother, Wyatt completes the close knit trio.
E!only returns home from her work as a journalist, thoroughly spooked. She has tried ringing her sister, but has been unable to make contact. The sense of foreboding increases, then Wyatt calls to check she is home and states his intention to drop by.
He arrived with two police officers and immediately Emily knows . Alyssa is dead, murdered & found in the Potoma
Tony Parsons
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Washington, DC. Alyssa “Lyssa” Rose (Emily’s twin daughter/sister, D) was Congressman Derek Winfield (R) intern & a courier.
Detective Ashton Frasier (Homicide), Brad Miller (forensic photographer) & Quinton Banner (ME) arrived at the crime scene.
The body had been ID as Alyssa.
Officer Kendrick informed Emily Rose (Alyssa’s twin sister, investigative journalist) & Wyatt (son/brother, retired USMC Staff Sergeant Explosive Ordnance Disposal Iraq/Afghanistan) about the deceased.

Key Bridge Marriott
Aaron Lazar
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reign of Fire by USA Today bestselling author, Casi McClean, is the first book in the Deep State Mysteries series. Set in dazzling Washington DC, this fast paced mystery is also part political thriller, part steamy romance, and part paranormal.

I’m not going to rehash the plot, because you can easily read about it in the book description or in the many other reviews. I’d rather tell you what I enjoyed.

Several characters dominate the story, including the fiery protagonist, Emily Rose, dynamic det
Uvi Poznansky
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
REIGN OF FIRE combines elements that I never imagined coming together—murder, political conspiracy, romance, and the apparition of the victim—to create a highly engaging read. Allysa’s body is found in the river; her twin sister Emily, who possesses a sixth sense, had a feeling of Alyssa being in trouble. Detective Ashton Frasier is investigating the case, and there is an instant spark between him and Emily. They ry to set aside their undeniable attraction in order to keep a cool head, interpret ...more
Tricia
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, I enjoyed it so much that I downloaded the audio version so I wouldn't have to stop enjoying the story when I had other things to do. So my review is written after both reading and listening to this immensely enjoyable and intriguing story.

Alissa Rose was a twin so when she was murdered her twin sister Emily decides to try and find out why someone would kill Alissa who was interning in Washington DC, did she discover something she shouldn't?

Ashton Frasier, a handsome detective
Tamara
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Packed With Intrigue, Romance And Suspense!!

REIGN OF FIRE, Book One of the Deep State Mysteries by Casi McLean is a gripping, entertaining murder mystery and political thriller with paranormal elements and loads of romance.

Alyssa Rose, a government employee interning in Washington, is found murdered. When Detective Ash Frasier discovers her body in the river, her twin sister Emily, who possesses a six sense, arrives on the scene. Along with Emily’s older brother Wyatt, a wounded warrior, the th
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
I received this book for free. I am voluntarily leaving this review and all opinions expressed herein are mine.

This is the first book in the Deep State Myseries series. Alyssa is an intern for the government who is on her way to mail some letters. Before she gets the envelops in the mail, coffee is accidentally spilled on them. Alyssa decides to open the mail and swap the envelopes for fresh ones. But, now she's seen what she wasn't supposed to see and for that she is murdered. Alyssa's twin sis
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Emily Rose and her siblings Alyssa and Wyatt used to discuss the possibilities of a shadow government that might be looking to overthrow the American Democracy. Especially after Wyatt's latest tours in Afghanistan. Both Emily and Alyssa took jobs to try and make a difference, but neither expected their attempts to make a difference would cost one of them their life.

Now Emily is teaming up with Ashton Fraiser, the detective who found her twin's dead body, to uncover the secrets that Alyssa had fo
Stephanie N
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this epic tale, Alyssa Rose ends up murdered after she stumbles upon a letter involving a conspiracy to overthrow our Government. With the devastating news of her sister’s murder, her twin Emily Rose and brother Wyatt head to Washington to help find her killer. Once in Washington DC,Emily meets up with Detective Ashton Frasier and it was love at first sight with a little help from Emily’s deceased sister. Will Alyssa’s murder be solved? Will Ash and Emily become a romantic couple? Will Emily ...more
Elysian Fields
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This story was a thrill ride. We get transported deep into a murder mystery, politics, action and a hint of romance. The story was well written and detailed; I could have just walked into the story and been another character. I liked the development of the relationship and how the plot played out. I was thrilled along with questioning the mystery. I didn’t guess anything so that was nice. There was a hint of supernatural (or at least otherworldly belief). I liked the mixture of the two; I think ...more
Vickie Chaisson
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reign of Fire

Reign of Fire is an adrenaline filled rollercoaster ride of deceit, murder, traitors at the highest government levels and new found love. This suspenseful novel takes the reader through a twin sister Emily trying to find out who murdered her sister Alyssa. Emily meets the lead police detective on the case and they realize that the trail leads to just a murder but treachery at the highest government level to take over the American government. This author entices the reader from page
Paula Dyches
Mar 13, 2020 rated it liked it
If you’re in it for espionage or crime, keep looking.

Narrator: ok, it was hard to tell the different men apart. Good sense of rhythm though.
Sex: references to arousal, heavy detailed shower scenes (R)
Language: (R) with fbombs
Violence: PG13
Story: interesting storyline, feels a bit rushed but I like fast paced stories so it isn’t bothersome for me. The wheels of justice don’t turn as quickly as this book would lead readers to believe and the supernatural elements are kind of odd combined with ever
Tena Stetler
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A terrible feeling that something is very wrong leads Emily Rose to discover her twin, Alyssa Rose has been slain. Did the faction threatening the White House and American’s democracy have anything to do with it?
Emily joins forces with a team investigating her sister’s death. Ashton Frasier the detective on the case suggests Emily pretend to be Alyssa in an effort to flush out the killer, but time is not on their side.
Can the ghost of Emily’s sister help uncover the truth? Will the attraction be
Jocelyne
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Casi McLean's book, and won't be my last. This is the first book in the Deep State Mysteries Series. This is a great Political thriller/Romantic Suspense with paranormal elements. The story is well written and captivating. Emily and Asthon are great characters. The secondary characters are also interesting. Emily's sister ghost adds paranormal elements to the story. I like it! The storyline is fast-paced, action packed and suspenseful. Kristin James did an amazing job with the ...more
Tiffany Cutshall
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finished in one day!

I can’t remember the last time I started a book and couldn’t stop reading. I’ll admit, I’ve never read a political conspiracy novel, though I love watching tv shows and movies like that. This book was amazing.

The tension between Ash and Emily was just right. I enjoyed the supernatural element with Alyssa as well and it only added to the mystery and suspense of the story.

The in-depth explanation of Deep State was informative and seemed well researched. The author obviously di
Jamie
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Casi McLean was a new to me Author prior to listening to Reign of Fire,however, I am now hooked and cant wait to start book 2.
Emily Rose is distraught and reeling from the loss of her twin sister. When she meets detective Ash Frasier her world is turned upside down in more than one way.
To say I loved this story would be an understatement. I was immediately cativated by the mystery and suspense and I held on for a wild ride with many twists and turns. I found I could not spot listening to this st
Christi Fowler
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: Reign of Fire
Author: Casi McLean
Format: Audio
Narrator: Kristin James
Genre: Romantic Suspense, Political Thriller, Police, Twins, Paranormal (Ghosts)
Standalone: Ish
Part of a Series: Book 1 of the Deep State Mysteries
POV: Alyssa, Ash, Emily
Steam Level: Fade to Black
4/5

Reign of Fire is a fast-paced political thriller that resonated a little too closely to today's political climate. Reign of Fire is a smart story, part police "who dunnit," part conspiracy, and part paranormal. It drew me in f
Michele
Oct 02, 2020 rated it liked it
I don't think that I am in the target audience for this book. I am a huge paranormal and fantasy fan. As a paranormal fan who likes reading epic fantasies, the paranormal aspects of this book failed to pass the believability test. There wasn't enough background and explanation. I felt like the supernatural aspects of this book were sprinkled in randomly like salt - like the author wanted to write a "paranormal" book, but hasn't read very many of them. I wanted more cohesiveness, flow, and meanin ...more
Courtney Odor
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always, I have to state that this book was given to me for free in exchange for a review.
I always like to state that this does not impact my review or my opinion of the book. My reviews are honest and my own opinion of the story, performance, and overall thoughts on the book.

When I say that this book has everything, I literally mean everything...

Romance, Thriller, Paranormal, and amazing character development and storylines.

Murder, shadow government conspiracies, ghosts, and blossoming rom
« previous 1 3 next »
Making Connections: 5816. Reign of Fire by Casi McLean 4 20 Jun 09, 2020 09:02AM

• Fallen (Allies and Enemies, #1)
  • P.A.W.S. (The P.A.W.S. Saga, #1)
  • Manifest Destiny: A First Contact Sci-Fi Thriller
  • Pandorum
  • Sinth Savior - A Sci-Fi Alien Romance: Sinth Strain Abduction Prequel Short Story
  • Sinth Seeker (Sinth Strain, #1)
  • Cold Justice Series Box Set: Volume I (Cold Justice #1-3)
  • Ruin: A Dark Mafia Romance (Russo Saga Book 2)
  • Matt's swirly world
  • Jungle Rapture (The Jaguar Queens, #1)
  • The Haunting of Hillwood Farm
  • Their Greatest Game
  • First of Their Kind
  • Mine to Five
  • Netherfield: Rogue Dragon: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (Jane Austen's Dragons Book 3)
  • Pemberley: Mr. Darcy's Dragon (Jane Austen's Dragons, #1)
  • Crimson Yuletide
  • Sinth Source (Sinth Strain #2)
USA Today & Amazon Best Selling Author, Casi McLean, pens novels to stir the soul with romance, suspense, and a sprinkle of magic. Her writing crosses genres from ethereal, captivating shorts with eerie twist endings to believable time slips, mystical plots, and sensual romantic suspense.

Known for enchanting stories with magical description, McLean entices readers with fascinating hooks to hold th

Deep State Mysteries (2 books)
  • The List: Alyssa's Revenge (Deep State Mysteries #2)