Start by marking “Talisbinder (Spellslinger #3)” as Want to Read:
Talisbinder (Spellslinger #3)

Talisbinder

(Spellslinger #3)

Het avontuur van Kellen gaat verder in het derde deel van de Spellslinger-serie! Zijn leven als een vogelvrijverklaarde is er niet beter op geworden nu hij achterna gezeten wordt door magiërs en premiejagers. Sterker nog, het wordt alleen maar erger… In Gitabrië, het land van de wonderbaarlijke constructies, heeft de uitvinding van een bijzondere mechanische vogel spionnen ...more
Published December 2018 by Billy Bones (first published May 7th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Talisbinder, please sign up.
Sebastien Castell There are six books in total in the series, so three more after this one: Soulbinder, Queenslayer, and Crownbreaker. I can't reveal what happens in…moreThere are six books in total in the series, so three more after this one: Soulbinder, Queenslayer, and Crownbreaker. I can't reveal what happens in those books, other than to say that each one takes Kellen to new places with new forms of magic and intrigue, so he doesn't tend to return to old places.(less)
Sebastien Castell I do, indeed, have two cats. Both were feral rescues as kittens, and they still try to remind us of all their youthful hardships despite the fact that…moreI do, indeed, have two cats. Both were feral rescues as kittens, and they still try to remind us of all their youthful hardships despite the fact that they've lived in pretty much total luxury since then. Some of their behaviour definitely makes its way into Reichis's antics, though they have yet to actually try and consume one of my eyeballs.

Thanks for the question, and glad you're enjoying Reichis!(less)

Dreximgirl
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I honestly cannot express how much I adore this series. The characters are so engaging and brilliant, the story is complex but so well written and I swear Reichis just gets more and more badass with every book. This book had me running the gauntlet of all emotions from laughing out loud to sobbing like a baby. We learn more about Ferius and Kellen grows so much - my heart is actually broken for him. I cannot wait to get my hands on the next one. Bless Sebastian de Castell for not making the wait ...more
Mogsy (MMOGC)
4 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2018/09/27/...

Once more, we join our protagonists the exiled mage Kellen, his Argosi mentor Ferius, and the unhinged squirrel cat Reichis on a road trip to their next destination in this third installment of the Spellslinger series. Building upon the events of the first two books, Charmcaster takes us out of the desert and into the land of Gitabria, where our characters are hoping to track down and help the first of many victims targete
The Tattooed Book Geek (Drew).
As always this review can also be found on my blog The Tattooed Book Geek: https://thetattooedbookgeek.wordpress...

I won a copy of this book through Readers First.

Starting six months after the ending of the previous book, Shadowblack (which you really need to have read). Charmcaster finds Kellen, Reichis and Ferius traversing a desert on their way to Gitabria. However, as is often the case for Kellen and crew things aren’t going according to plan and they are running from a mage induced lightnin
Olga Zbranek Biernátová
Začátek byl úplně peckovní a Reichis je pořád topka. Čekala jsem, že mě ty jeho kecy o pojídání očních bulv a trhání uší už přestanou bavit, ale ne. Celkově to nebylo úplně epické, ale příběh je fajn – akce, nové postavy a tajemství. Kellen se dost posunul, líbí se mi jak postupně přidává nové triky a začíná být celkem badass, i když často tak trochu omylem.
Marky
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, favorites
S každým dílem čím dál lepší, tohle byla fakt dokonalost ♥
Je tu humor, zápletky, antihrdina co vyhrává spíš náhodou... a kočkoveverčák!
Prostě si to všichni přečtěte a já jdu psát článek, protože tohle je jasných 5/5*

Deset důvodů, proč vám tehle série nesmí uniknout, najdete tady.
GrilledCheeseSamurai
Sebastien de Castell did it again.

I flew through this. It only took me 3 sessions of a couple hours at a time. A perfect way to spend a couple of days off.
Paul
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who'd have thought you could become so fond of a thieving, foul mouthed squirrel cat. To the point where theres a bit of dust in the corner of my eye (definitely not getting emotional!)
The series gets better edition to editiom and holds no punches.
And the ending is crazy
Shree143
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is by far the best work in this series.
I absolutely loved it and Sebastien de Castell just became one of my favorite author, right along with legends of this genre.
imyril
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another solid romp with Kellen and friends. I liked this a good deal more thanShadowblack - perhaps because Kellen was so distracted by matters in hand he had no time to be distracted by his hormones; perhaps for the return of key characters to make his life hell; perhaps for its emotional focus on friendship and family.

Expect more mayhem, more wonder and more Argosi.

Full review

I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Melissa
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been awhile since I needed more pages to a book. I didn't realize I had come to the last page...I need book 4 now.
Patricia Crowther
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5*
Manon
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again a solid 5-star read. Halfway through I wasn't completely sure about it, but then it got SO. GOOD. And intense. But mostly fricking good. Is it October yet?
Atlas
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, arc-s
"Let the meanderings of other lives pass you by, kid"

* * *
3 / 5

Charmcaster is the third book in the Spellslinger series. I thought it was an improvement on Shadowblack, but not as good as Spellslinger. Like Shadowblack, Charmcaster has an episodic feel to it which was fun, and I loved the slow development of Kellen's character and the introduction of more Argosi.

words only let you describe the details of things, but not the deeper truths behind them

Kellen, Reichis, and Ferius Parfax are travers
Sean
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This was such a good read.3rd in the series that has had me hooked from the beginning.
I know it is primarily for YA readers,but who cares,it is brilliant.
Thoroughly entertaining and exhilarating read that keeps you looking for more.

Now onto book 4.
Mitriel
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I continue enjoying this series. Great characterisation, carefully plotted story-lines, rich imagination -it’s ticking all the right boxes.
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
Dawww the squirrel cat is becoming more than just a dick! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Freaking love this series and IT INCLUDED A DRAGON so automatically becomes cooler. Can't wait for Soulbinder to come out in a few months
Bart
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating: 4.25
Frank Miceli
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review taken from www.centersquareblog.com

Book 3 of the Spellslinger Series has arrived and it is just beautiful to look at. This is book 3 of a
planned 6 book series. The covers of all three hardcover books in the series are fantastic! I know I keep saying it but there are times when I pick a book solely based on the cover. This would easily be one of those times. I do not think I could walk past this in a UK bookstore and have it not catch my eye.
Each book has brought the reader to a new land
Karoline Andrew
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series so much, the way it's written just sounds like a person who loves and enjoys writing! This one was a real rollercoaster too! I can't wait for the next one and I will always recommend this series to everyone!
 Charlie - A Reading Machine
It’s apt this book is called Charmcaster because it is the first book in the series to completely pull me in. The characters, who I once found contrary and confusing, have taken root in my head and my heart, the world has grown and blossomed becoming bigger than I imagined and the protagonist’s journey from a completely inept victim of circumstance to someone who has wrestled some control over his life is showing signs of being a fruitful one. I enjoyed the surprises and set ups in the Spellslin ...more
Rebecka
Charmcaster by Sebastien de Castell is the third book in his Spellslinger series of young adult fantasy novels. As such, this review will likely contain spoilers for the previous two books, Spellslinger, and Shadowblack. As with these, Charmcaster follows Kellen, a Jan’Tep spellslinger, cast out by his people, with a price on his head. It is narrated in first person, entirely from his perspective. As such, we get to learn how he sees the world, himself, and the people he cares about.

Charmcaster
Blodeuedd Finland
I shall manage to make a review short! I shall!

Kellen is still running from his country and the price on his head. He meets an old friend. He goes with Ferius to a new country. They are still following the lead from the bad guys in the previous books.

More books are coming and to be honest, I want to know about the shadowblack! Is he gonna go bad? I wish we would get more about that.

Still they are light, amusing and short. Win win.

Conclusion:

Fun YA fantasy in an interesting world
Olga
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, digital
4.5*
Kimberley
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book!!!! I have been really enjoying this series and it just keeps getting better! I was crying at at least 3 different parts of the story. Just BAM Out of nowhere I had all the feels! Honestly just great! I can't wait for the next one!
Colin Hardy
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author's writing does not stumble; from the opening to its conclusion, this is a rollickingly good read. At the end of each book, the reader is left wanting more. There are twists and turns galore; the only one that was obvious was the identity of the red mage, but I can live with one slip. The writing style remains very tight with a highly structured plot that migrates seamlessly from one event to the next. The strong characterization is at the core of the writing, what becomes noticeable i ...more
Stefano G.
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**4.4/5 Stars** Another very good addition to this series!!

I really want to give every book of this series 5 stars because they're:
1) So easy-flowing, easy to read and addictive…
2) The physical books are simply a great overall experience: to look at, to feel, as well as to read through - the text back/fore edge is the same colour as the front cover, i.e. orange!!! I mean how many books have that?

Nevertheless, I couldn’t bring myself to give this book 5 stars, it’s a very very solid 4 stars,
Markéta
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fajn, tohle byla zatím nejlepší kniha v sérii.
Konečně se to pořádně rozjíždí, v sázce je víc, než kdy předtím, a z toho Kellena ještě vyroste něco hodně zajímavého.
Pamatujete na Nephenii? Tu holku ze Spellslingera, která nakonec skončila jen jako dívka, která na konci políbila statečného hrdinu? Neph je zpátky a boi, tohle jsem nečekala. Ten název, Charmcaster? Tipněte si, kdo to asi je. (Doufám, že to není spoiler, dozvíte se to hned na začátku.)
Kellen, Ferius a Reichis se tedy společně s Nephe
A.S. James
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya
9.3/10

I've said it before in my reviews and I'll say it again, I read for enjoyment.
When I pick up a book primarily I want to be entertained.
And DAMN are these books entertaining. Fast paced and action packed with great characters and humour sprinkled throughout. I've enjoyed each one.

BUT in this third book did I really feel the emotions, maybe through spending more and more time with the characters maybe I'm stone hearted and it's taken this long to break through my defences.
I'm just glad it ha
Leonie Byrne
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Thank you to Netgalley, Sebastien De Castell and Bonnie Zaffre for my arc of Charmcaster.

Publication Date: 17th May 2018

Oh how happy I am to be back in the world of Kellen, Ferius and Reichis! I stumbled upon this series last year when the first book Spellslinger was on offer in Asda. I've been hooked ever since. I'm so glad Charmcaster ended the way it does as it guarantees there will be another book in this series and I can't wait! Plus the covers look beautiful so even though I read the 2nd
Bryce
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
review pending
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Charmcaster [May 19, 2019] 1 2 Jan 10, 2019 11:25AM
Does Cressia appear also in 'The Greatcoats' Series? 1 2 Jan 08, 2019 03:13AM
  • Thistle & Thorne
  • Blood and Tempest (Empire of Storms, #3)
  • Hammer of Witches
  • Das Siegel des Feuers (Grim, #1)
  • Covenant (The Books of Raziel, #2)
  • The Second Draeken War (Combined Edition)
  • Darkbeast Rebellion (Darkbeast, #2)
  • Resonance
  • Eye of the Moon
  • Memories of Ash (The Sunbolt Chronicles, #2)
  • 22 Dead Little Bodies and Other Stories
  • The Cup and the Crown (Silver Bowl, #2)
  • The Dread Wyrm (The Traitor Son Cycle, #3)
  • Five Down
  • The Severed Realm (The Riven Gates, #2)
  • The Skewed Throne (Throne of Amenkor, #1)
  • The Tainted City (Shattered Sigil, #2)
  • Jessica's Secret Diary: Volume III (Sweet Valley High Magna Editions, #10)
Hi Folks!

My eighth novel, SOULBINDER is in stores in the UK & Australia, coming soon to North America.

You can get a pair of free stories here.

The best way to stay up to date is at www.decastell.com, but I'm also on that Facebook thing. Also that Twitter thing. One day I'll even remember to get on that Instagram thing.

As to who I am? Well . . .

Sebastien de Castell had just finished a degree i

Spellslinger (6 books)
  • Spellslinger (Spellslinger #1)
  • Shadowblack (Spellslinger #2)
  • Soulbinder (Spellslinger, #4)
  • Queenslayer
  • Crownbreaker (Spellslinger #6)
“Dwelling on all the bad things that didn’t even come to pass only makes it harder to celebrate that fact. Stop being so scared about yesterday—it only makes you forget to appreciate today.” 1 likes
“You are not my business partner,' Nephenia told Ishak. 'You're my familiar. It's an ancient and time-honoured pairing of two souls, not some shallow business transaction.'
The hyena yapped at her for several seconds, then Nephenia punched me in the arm. 'Ow! What was that for?'
'For letting your squirrel cat introduce these ruinous ideas into my familiar's head about "partnerships" and "equitable relationships". Do you realise Ishak's now telling me he wants us to work out a formal contract?'
'Wait until she hears about the clause on freshly killed meat,' Reichis whispered into my ear.”
1 likes