Start by marking “Aries 181” as Want to Read:
Aries 181

Aries 181

A crime spree to steal aerospace technology. An intern with the brains to stop it.

When Jess uncovers evidence that her boss is stealing technology to build his company, her coveted internship at Aries turns from dream job to catastrophe. Worse, her boss cons another young woman into becoming his accomplice, and the duo’s chemically enhanced skills and weapons help them bec
Published March 26th 2019 by Rogue Cannon Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Aries 181, please sign up.
Tiana Warner Adult, but on the younger side. The protagonists are 21.

Start your review of Aries 181
Lex Kent
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, heroes, ya-or-na
3.25 Stars. After hearing such good things about Warner’s Mermaid Ice series, I decided to give her newest book a try. I thought this would be more of a tech-thriller but it was actually a super hero/villain type story. I love Marvel and DC superheroes so this really should have been right up my alley. Instead I’m left feeling a little off. I’m trying to be more articulate here trust me, but this book hit me in an odd way. I didn’t dislike it, but something stopped me from really enjoying it and ...more
Alexa
I received an ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I have... mixed feelings about this book. It's actually one of those ones that I was considering abandoning halfway, but I kept reading just in case it gets better, and then it actually did. There are two reasons for this: 1) Aries 181 is VERY different from what I was lead to expect, and it took me some time to get over that and enjoy it for what it is, 2) the characters really annoyed me at first, and again, it took me a whil
Kara
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Aries 181” is a hugely entertaining story with very entertaining characters, sci-fi action and terrific narration.

21yo MC Jessica is very confident, brilliant and even has social skills, but finds herself under-appreciated and manipulated by her a-hole of a misogynistic boss during her internship. She also has allowed her live-in girlfriend, Mandip, to control her social life, and criticize her career ambitions.

Nearly 21yo MC Halley is bisexual; she had a girlfriend, Brooke, but that didn’t end
Aristotle
Mar 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
Sorry but a DNF.
Remember that movie 'Hackers' with Angelin Jolie back in the 90s? I thought this book was going to be something like that. A bunch of 20 somethings trying to stop a James Bond type villain.
A megalomaniac looking to take over the world.
This was dull, poorly written, incoherent, and at times a laughable bad book.
An evil CEO, Tony something, was stealing technology to build his company and Jess, an intern, accidentally found out. They tried to silence her.
Haley his assistant
Kelly
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review.

I loved the characters, the action, the plot and how badass these female characters were. It sucked me right in from the beginning and Tiana Warner kept the twists coming. Hope it’s a series. It’s more than just a super villain take. The characters are complex and not just cookie cutter cliches. Loved it.
Bibliovoracious
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Badass girls who code? Explosions, cutting edge tech and violent action sequences? Two leading women with diverse identities repped? What's not to love?

Alright, there is a completely preposterous plot point in the middle that -no- belief cannot suspend enough for that - but since there aren't any more crazy ridiculous absurdities - it's ok. I'll give you that.

Narration is awesome!
Vigasia
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was hard for me to get in this book. Somehow the prose didn't click to me and characterization seemed to be kind of bleak. It improved further in the novel and finally I got interested, but still something in the style of writing didn't work for me. It's good book for geeks and maybe superhero fans, but for me it was just ok.
Mark Gardner
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Excellent!

This is a crazy departure from Mermaids, and the story is so powerful. I knew it’d be great, and I was not disappointed!
Bee Wheatley
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was excited to receive an advance arc of this awesome novel. I’m always immediately interested in any story where I stand to learn something fascinating while being delivered twists and turns. For fans of Harley Quinn and the Joker, you’ll enjoy reading how Jess, a naive (but ultimately brave) genius intern, uses her tech smarts to stop the “chemically enhanced” duo. Warner blended written word and visuals to create a complex reality where villains use tech in disturbing ways. A must read. I c ...more
Laurel Greer
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A riveting read with fantastic heroines, an ick-tastic villain, and so much delightful geekdom. It's awesome to read a story where women are allowed to be simultaneously badass while struggling with the insecurities of being a twenty-something. I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book, and I loved every minute of reading it.
Colleen Corgel
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt, science-fiction
Okay, so there were so many things I enjoyed about this book, but there were some things that I felt were just not quite there. For one, I loved the super hero aspect of the book, with our two leads becoming unwilling villains for most of the book. I was hoping for more of a romance, but there wasn't much there. Both leads are involved in their own relationships, but Jess's relationship basically exists off scene, only coming to the fore to provide drama. Hally is involved with her boss.

Both wom
Rachel
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

Rating: 4 stars

Review: I really enjoyed this book and I am so glad I impulsively requested it on NetGalley. The writing was good and the pacing was excellent. The plot was very fast paced and there were almost no dull moments. The characters were also quite interesting.

The story primarily follows Jess and Halley. Jess is an intern at Aries who’s struggling to keep up with rent and tuition. At her in
Leah
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aries 181 is about Jessica, an intern at an aerospace technology company called Aries. The company is run by Anthony Ries. Jess stumbles upon the realization that Dr. Ries is stealing tech from other companies to ensure that Aries is at the cutting edge of technology. He eventually cons another young woman, Halley, into being his accomplice. The danger increases as they go on a criminal rampage, stealing weapons and technology across the country. Jessica ends up risking everything in order to tr ...more
Saba
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, loved it, loved it!! Fast-paced and exciting with LGBT+ main characters, I loved everything! I particularly enjoyed the sci-fi elements, and the focus on dealing with abusive relationships. I also loved the inclusion of friendship between two queer women! 🏳️‍🌈 Would definitely recommend this book!
Stephanie
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So relatable as a women in STEM, sometimes painfully relatable (OMG Floyd!). And if you're a Harley & Joker fan, a must read! ...more
Dee Holmes
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read an early arc of this book. It's brilliant fun! A female-first romp with cutting edge technology, super-powered beings, and women solving problems with their brains.
Alexandra Anderson
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gripping from beginning to end, Tiana Warner is a wonderful storyteller. Such a great book!
Lauren (Northern Plunder)
My review was first posted on Northern Plunder, you can read more of my reviews there too.

Lauren, Lauren, Lauren. You always do this. You read a book you love and then when it comes to writing a review you just simply can’t find the words to describe how great of a read it was.

In my defense I read this shortly after breaking my wrist and I knew this was likely going to be a lengthy review so I wanted to wait until I gained more movement back.

Typing one-handed for over a month was not a fun adven
Allie
*I received a digital copy from the author in exchange for an honest review*

If anyone here knows me, I love Tiana Warner’s books. Ice Massacre and it’s sequels are so near and dear to my heart because it’s a mermaid series I never knew I needed. I knew Tiana was writing a SciFi book, but to be honest, I didn’t know what it was going to be about. After her first tweet about, somehow I got the idea in my head that it was set in space? I think I saw the word “aerospace” and jumped to conclusions. I
Best Lesfic Reviews
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-teen-mcs
3.5

A smart, savvy sci-fi rooted enough in reality to make it a probability.

Read the full review @ https://www.bestlesficreviews.com/201...
Laura Giuffrida
Jun 16, 2019
Isabelle | Nine Tale Vixen
Mar 28, 2019 marked it as maybe-read
Recommended to Isabelle by: Lauren (Northern Plunder)
Scott
May 22, 2019
Sapphiction
Jul 19, 2019
Charles
rated it did not like it
Oct 08, 2019
x
Mar 31, 2019
Kimberly Young
May 31, 2019

• Girls of Storm and Shadow (Girls of Paper and Fire, #2)
  • The Love Song of Sawyer Bell (Tour Dates, #1)
  • In the Silences
  • Rune Service (Dwarf for Hire #1)
  • The Sun and Moon beneath the Stars
  • Cherry Pie
  • Warming Trend
  • Breathe
  • Peppermint Kiss
  • Lust in the Stacks: A Lesbian Romance Novel
  • Wooing the Farmer (Axedale, #3)
  • The Girl Who Digs Graves (The Gravedigger Series Book 1)
  • Temptation
  • Robot Bangarang
  • Lost In The Starlight
  • Defying Gravity
  • Love’s Portrait
  • Quest for the Conestoga (Colony Ship Conestoga #1)
Tiana Warner is the best selling author of the Mermaids of Eriana Kwai trilogy. Her books have been acclaimed by Writer’s Digest, Foreword Reviews, and the Dante Rossetti Awards. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from the University of British Columbia. Tiana enjoys riding her horse, Bailey, and is an active supporter of animal welfare.

✏️ tianawarner.com