Start by marking “Jane Darrowfield, Professional Busybody (Jane Darrowfield #1)” as Want to Read:
Jane Darrowfield, Professional Busybody (Jane Darrowfield #1)

Jane Darrowfield, Professional Busybody

(Jane Darrowfield #1)

Jane Darrowfield is a year into her retirement, and she’s already traveled and planted a garden. She’s organized her photos, her recipes, and her spices. The statistics suggest she has at least a few more decades ahead of her, so she better find something to do . . .

After Jane helps a friend with a sticky personal problem, word starts to spread around her bridge club—and t
Mass Market Paperback, 266 pages
Published June 25th 2019 by Kensington Books

To ask other readers questions about Jane Darrowfield, Professional Busybody, please sign up.
Ashley Cate It's a Barnes & Noble exclusive for one year. The sticker on the book says it is exclusive to B&N until 6/30/2020. It should be available…moreIt's a Barnes & Noble exclusive for one year. The sticker on the book says it is exclusive to B&N until 6/30/2020. It should be available through Amazon after that. (less)

Lisa Ks Book Reviews
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a fan of the Maine Clambake Mysteries, I was beyond excited to hear author Barbara Ross had a new series in the works, and I couldn’t wait to read it. I’m happy to say, this first in the Jane Darrowfield Mysteries was well worth the wait!

In JANE DARROWFIELD PROFESSIONAL BUSYBODY the murder didn’t take place until well into the story, which was a brilliant move by author Ross. I loved having the time to get to know Jane and see her for the strong, intelligent, tenacious character she is.

This
Tari
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jane is a new 55+ age sleuth and I really like her! She's a widow, misses her husband a lot but is strong and independent and doesn't feel like she absolutely needs a guy in her life--although it would be nice. Jane was known as a fixer of lives, or as a new gentleman friend (yes she actually helped her friend with online dating and ended up taking the man for herself lol) called her, a professional busybody. Her reputation was locally known, so it came as no surprise to her when a man named Pau ...more
Mark Baker
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, mystery
A year ago, Jane Darrowfield took an early retirement, and she’s already beginning to look for things to do. She’s started helping her friends with problems, but she is surprised when she is approached by Paul Peavy, and manager of Walden Spring, a nearby 55-and-over community. It seems their community has devolved into high school, and the popular clique and the biker clique are at open war with each other through a series of nasty, escalating pranks. But before Jane’s suggestions can be put in ...more
The Cozy Review
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Series: Jane Darrowfield Mysteries - Book 1
Author: Barbara Ross
Publisher: Kensington Books

Barbara Ross’ new cozy series “Jane Darrowfield Mysteries” from Kensington Books brings the old fashioned busybody to life. From the nosy neighbor to the cat lady, the busybody is a staple of most small towns. Readers will relate to Jane Darrowfield in ways that will bring childhood memories to life. Jane Darrowfield, Professional Busybody, delights, amuses, and keeps the reader turning the page.

Jane is r
Deborah Almada
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, what a wonderful start to a new series!!!!! I just love Jane Darrowfield, what an awesome character! A lady of a certain age, retired and at lose ends but with a gift to use her straight forward nature, good common sense and insight into people to help friends solve some of life's sticky situations. When she gets a referral to look into a bunch of silly incidents at a retirement village it appears her new career is launched. Then there is a murder, there are lots of suspects and a lot of ...more
Ashley Cate
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anytime Barbara Ross releases a new book it automatically goes on my must buy immediately list, even if it is the first book in a brand new series and not a new Maine Clambake mystery. Jane Darrowfield, Professional Busybody did not disappoint. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The main character, Jane Darrowfield, was great. She was interesting, thoughtful, and well developed. I also enjoyed getting to meet her bridge buddies, Helen, Irma, and Phyllis. Hopefully her bridge friends will play a mor ...more
Wendy
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun new series! Give me more.
Missi Martin (Stockwell)
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG !!! I could not put Jane Darrowfield, Professional Busybody down....nor did I want to !!! Barbara Ross knows exactly what to write to draw the reader into the story and keep them there !!!

Ross's main character Jane Darrowfield is retired and leads a simple life until she gets asked by friends to help with "uncomfortable" situations.....little problems that they cannot resolve themselves because they don't want to upset another person. So Jane steps in and helps the situation resolve itself.
Sasha
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First I would like to state that I received this book through the Goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity and honor in being able to read this book. When I received this book I began reading it at once. I really enjoy the authors writing style, the author pulls you into the book from the very beginning and makes it so you don't want to put the book down. It kept me on the edge of my seat reading from cover to cover gues ...more
Julie Mink
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
As a fan of the Barbara Ross Maine Clambake mysteries, I was delighted to receive a copy of the first book in her new series Jane Darrowfield, Professional Busybody. I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway in exchange for an honest review.
I loved this book. The main characters in many cozy books are busybodies and they make the best sleuths.
Jane Darrowfield, a retiree is finding herself at loose ends without a job to keep her busy. She is asked to move into a senior living community to help th
Lisa Marie
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great new cozy mystery series from Barbara Ross. Jane Darrowfield is a wonderful addition to the list of cozy mystery sleuths, aged 55 + she is spunky and has a group of interesting friends to support her. Set in Cambridge, Massachusetts. In this first entry she goes undercover at a 55+ community to try and get residents to "play nice" with each other, murder soon ensues and the sleuthing starts.
Cathy Daniel
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love that the main characters are older and retired and have love interests and a life!! So refreshing!
Theresa Marie
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Mixed feelings about this exclusive. Hard time relating to the story line as compared to the clam bake series which I find funny, easy to get lost in, and a flowing story line.
Peter Shelly
Nate Wright
Amy
Anna
Apr 18, 2019
Barbara Ross is the author of seven Maine Clambake Mysteries. The eighth, Sealed Off, will be released in December 2019. Her novellas featuring Julia Snowden are included along with stories by Leslie Meier and Lee Hollis in the anthologies Eggnog Murder and Yule Log Murder. A new anthology, Haunted House Murder, will be released in August 2019.

Jane Darrowfield, Professional Busybody, the first boo