Start by marking “Finding Me” as Want to Read:

Finding Me

Can you ever truly love someone who robbed you of everything?

Sixteen-year-old Claire Williams spends most of her days feeling angry and alone. After a car accident took her mother and Claire’s ability to walk, life in a wheelchair is the new normal.
When she’s sent to live with her grandmother, away from school and friends, Claire has a chance for a fresh start. Just when
ebook
Published July 30th 2019 by Swoon Romance

To ask other readers questions about Finding Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Me

Start your review of Finding Me
Danielle's
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Finding me is my kind of story. When I read the blurb I knew it would be for me. Claire and her mum were in accident. It changed their future forever. Unfortunately Claire’s mum didn’t make it and Claire is left in a wheelchair.

Claire’s now lives with her grandmother and her dad has moved on with someone else. When she starts her new school the son of the drunk driver is a student. Todd is nothing like his dad. Can something so bad also inspire a connection worth having?

This is more than a roma
Shirley Cuypers
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-beta, ebooks, 2019
Original review

This book was provided by the author through Chapter by Chapter in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Kelly Gunderman and Chapter by Chapter!

Finding Me
is a Contemporary book about a girl in a wheelchair called Claire and a guy called Todd. Finding Me is Kelly Gunderman’s debut novel.

When I started reading Finding Me, I thought this book was going to focus on love but it’s more about finding and accepting yourself, grief, family and friendship. I really liked that it wasn’t
Katherine Paschal
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
**Review can be found at https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/

3.5 Stars
Two years ago Claire lost her mom and the use of her legs when she was hit by a drunk driver. Now her life is in a state of upheaval since her father dropped her off at her grandmother's to live with no warning. Claire is not sure how she is going to get through the year in a new school, her old friends are leaving her behind, her family is drama- and the son of the man who hit her goes to her school.

I understand a lot of th
(Love, Stars and Books)
(I received a free eARC from Fantastic Flying blog club for a voluntary and honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own)

Book review: Finding me by Kelly Gunderman (3.5 stars)

Finding me by Kelly Gunderman
Genre: YA, contemporary, Romance
Rating: 3.5/5 stars

(Synopsis from Goodreads)

Can you ever truly love someone who robbed you of everything?

Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Claire is a sixteen year old who lost both the use of her legs and her mother in a car accident. She’s forced to change schools when her father dumps her on her grandmother’s doorstep. Starting a new school and making friends is hard enough without the added pressure of being around Todd, the son of the man who put Claire in a wheelchair and killed her mother. Claire’s just made friends and figured out that she might have more in common with Todd than she thought
Stéphanie Louis
What I liked

The first thing that I immediately liked was the authors writing style. I didn’t have any problems getting into the book and was directly feeling like a character in this book. Which is always a great thing if you’re asking for my opinion!

Another thing I liked was the attachment to some of the characters. There were some characters that you just had to like or had to hate. There was no in between. You either liked them or hated them. Gunderman did a great job writing her characters a
Jen Kowalski
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I started reading Finding Me, I was expecting a contemporary young adult romance. But this book is so much more. It has a little bit of everything- dealing with loss, adjusting to a new way of life after a life-altering car accident, feeling old friends drifting away, finding new friends at a new school, family drama, and a new relationship with an unexpected love. This book was such a quick read too! Claire's relationship with her grandmother is so perfect and allowed her to maintain her c ...more
Tasha Cockburn
Dec 23, 2019 rated it liked it
A charming YA read. Claire, the main character now lives with her grandma after her mother’s tragic death and faces a new town, new school and new friends. To begin with I felt like Claire was rather Whiney and I didn’t like her, however as the character grew more and more I learnt to fall in love with her. The new friends she makes you instantly love, the type of kids you wanted to be friends with at school. Her father however is another kettle of fish. A horrible character I could never be fon ...more
Bookishly
Aug 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, ya
For my full review click here
But even then, it was really hard to enjoy the story when the first part of the book read as though I was reading a computer manual. Very clear and concise and communicated perfectly but stated very matter of factly.

The story itself was kind of interesting. Finding Me talks about forgiveness and accepting new changes into your life, especially after a horrific accident that leads to completely changing the way you live.

But the story itself didn’t pick up unti
Esther Haddie's Haven
Fall in love with Claire and Todd

I fell in love with this book. The story and the characters wete amazing and so up my ally. Its not your typical sweet romance, it has depth as well. So pleased with this book and looking forward to more from this author.
Casey Briggs

• The Surface Breaks
  • The Bookworm Crush
  • The Viscount of 2213
  • Asylum (Asylum, #1)
  • The Big Waste: A Post-Apocalyptic Adventure (After-Skirmish #1)
  • The Time Telephone
  • Confessions of Eden (Michelle Reagan #1)
  • I Choose You
  • Seven Days
  • The Girl Who Could Move Sh*t with Her Mind (The Frost Files, #1)
  • The Kingdom
  • I Am Not a Number
  • Terra in Bloom
  • Ocean Blues: A Pastor Clarissa Abbot Mystery (Pastor Clarissa Abbot Mysteries Book 2)
  • Meet Me at Midnight
  • The Watchmaker's Daughter (Glass and Steele, #1)
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
Kelly Gunderman was born a child of the late eighties in small-town Pennsylvania. A bibliophile in her own right, she is hoping to one day surpass the number of pages she has turned with those she has written of her own accord.

Having recently completed her Bachelor’s in Early Childhood Development, Kelly suddenly found herself with a bit more free time than usual, and began her immediately success

News & Interviews