Start by marking “Ruin” as Want to Read:
Ruin

Ruin

(The Rhodes Series #1)

Darkness frightened her, but a killer becomes her muse.

Aaron
Death was all I lived for. Until she came along.
Lively. Beautiful. Spicy.
I need to kill her, but the urge to keep her is stronger.
For the first time in my life, I defy my demons for her.
The price? One of us has to die.

Mae
Darkness scared me. Until him.
Mysterious. Dangerous. Deadly.
He terrified me, but his hidden la
Published March 14th 2019 by Black Rose Writing

To ask other readers questions about Ruin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruin

Wendy
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was generously provided the ARC of this book for an honest review. This is one of my favorite types of stories, where the main character is a psychopath or sociopath that has no morals or empathy but becomes obsessed with the lead female. In this case, Aaron is a man from a wealthy family with a title and works for the family corporation which is a major global company. He is also a schizophrenic killer who hears the voices of his dead father and aunt in his head when he needs to kill. He meet ...more
J. Ockenhouse
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aaron seduced me. He intrigued and captivated me. He may have become obsessed with Mae but I was obsessed with him.

The chills I got reading this book and getting inside the mind of Aaron is one you can't describe...you have to feel it.

Rina took dark suspenseful romance and with a delicious twist owned it! Every page takes you further and further into a closet full of surprises with two characters that will bait you in better than the juiciest worm on a hook.

Get ready to experience obsession and
Esha Aeron
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rina Kent did it again.. This is my third book of this author and I am loving her writing..
Loved all the characters.. Especially aaron.. Its full of angst and suspense...Loved the book.. Looking forward for Tristan book..
B. C. Booklover
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book I've read by this very talented author who has a special gift for writing dark and dangerous men that you should run away from as fast as possible but I can't seem to be able to do that. Who would find an a killer, an obvious psychopath, someone with no remorse, interesting enough to be fascinatingly sexy? Me, I guess...I could NOT put this book down, so much so that I was reading it the parking lots of the stores I was running errands to today!

Let's add in some extra layers
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
4.5 stars!!

This is book one of “The Rhodes” series. This book is also connected to “Crowed” and though it didn’t really make or break reading it, this can be read as a stand alone. BUT I will say reading “Crowed” gave me background info I wouldn’t have had otherwise.

Aaron is a killer. A psychopath. A stalker. But he is my killer. My stalker. My psychopath. ~Mae Wilson

This is a dark romance. Like omg why did I like this so much, romance. The beginning of the book didn’t catch me right away. But
Kirsty Adams - Kindle Freak Book Blog
It took me a while to get into the story, but then bam! This story ignited and it had me devouring all the words. Certain parts are pitch black dark, a dark romance lover’s delight. Aaron, a complete enigma - is a real thought/provoking character. Mae certainly holds her own and whilst the pressure of her situation could send some people barking mad, this girl has stamina. A thrilling tale and I look forward to reading more in this series.
Lynn
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it

Surprisingly, I enjoyed this book. There were situations I didn’t like, but it wasn’t enough to ruin the book for me. The plot was quite intriguing along with the main characters.

“Please don’t throw me in the dark again,” she whispers, her voice quivering and weak. “I’ll do anything you want. I promise.”

They don’t. Their voices echo in my head like a chant. Their mind eyes gape at Mae’s porcelain skin. Hypothetically ripping her apart. They dance to her screams and bathe in her blood.

There wer
Barbara Russell
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five stars for this great start to a great series.
Aaron isn’t your usual alpha hero. There’s darkness inside him that urges him to kill, and when he meets Mae, his darkness and his attraction for her clash.
Mae shouldn’t be attracted to Aaron, but the moment she starts to understand his inner struggle, she falls for him.
Lots of romance, tension, and gorgeous writing in this romantic suspense novel. It’s a stand alone, but if you want to catch all the juicy details, I’d recommend reading Crowed as
Rina Kent
Feb 21, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ruin - The Rhodes Book One is LIVE!
(FREE on Kindle Unlimited)

FREE PREQUEL
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Amazon CA
International

Teasers

W. Charron
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
⭐⭐⭐⭐🖤♥Holy Cow!! Aaron Rhodes is the Psycho we all want one of now!! How did that just happen?!?! He’s by all accounts crazy, and unapologetically a killer, and hunter. He craves blood and death. But,but, but...he’s a noble man and really freaking hot 🥵 🔥🧡. So I guess I’m okay with it. He had a super eff’d up childhood! Then Mae- sweet, gorgeous Mae manages to catch the eye of our delicious, dark anti-hero. She can feel his presence and At first it is a bit exciting as well as it causes some emo ...more
Beyond The Covers Blog
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holly
This was a twisted book that appeals on just that level. Aaron has a bloodlust that is literally insatiable. The only beauty he sees is in blood spilled, especially when he’s the cause. He doesn’t seem to have any kind of conscience and it takes all of his willpower to put on a semi normal facade for the public. Aaron kidnaps Mae, with the soul purpose of breaking her on every level before he kills her.  Once he has her captured he begins to torture her psychologically but it doesn’t completely ...more
Carla
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Carla's Five Star Review

Ruin is the first book in The Rhodes series, and it is Aaron and Mae's story. I will warn you-this is a dark read and may not be suitable for sensitive readers.

Gah! What a dark and extremely delicious story! Our hero, Aaron, may be handsome and sexy, but there is a darkness that lives deep inside him. That darkness urges him to kill, and he does often. He is closed off to human emotions so imagine how unbalanced he feels when the vibrant and alluring Mae crosses his path.
Cheryl
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is not a author I've read before, and I've been missing out. Absolutely loved the writing and this book. It was fantastically well written with depth and imagination. Great storyline which was unique, along with fascinating characters, which all added up to compulsive unforgettable reading which will stay with me and I will want to return to again and again. Definitely want to read Tristen's book.
Christy Martin
Fear and Bloodlust
One is terrified of being alone in the dark, the other is hidden in his own darkness with a lust for blood.

Fear
She used to have pretty paintings, but since that night she saw him all she can paint is a silhouette with a broken wing. The darkness is pulling her in taking her back to that horrible, terrifying day.

Bloodlust
The need is strong pushing him for the kill. Every week he needs it, the voices need it, he is their puppet until he sees her. He has to have her, needs to se
Laylaah
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Booknook Reviews
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quick notes

Trigger warning: kidnapping, unlawful confinement, near sexual assault, murder and violence

Ideal reader: someone who loves dark suspense romances

My general thoughts

A big thank you to Rina, and her PA Heather, for getting this book into my hands. It is deliciously dark, terrifying, seductive and humorous. I read it in one sitting with my heart in my throat the entire time, I can't wait for book two!

Please note: while not 100% necessary, I recommend reading "Crowed" first for some backs
Sophie Ruthven
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book!!
It's not often I'm speechless, but right now I am.
As this was a new to me author I wasn't sure what to expect, but it certainly wasn't this!
I was on the edge of my seat the whole book, cannot wait to read more.
Gladys
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark, twisted and so darn good! This enticing read quickly swept me up into its suspenseful, well written plot. Mae and Aaron are complex, compelling characters and the chemistry between them is incendiary. Intense, emotional and absolutely not to be missed! I simple loved it. This is my honest, voluntary review.
Mary
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story! It's very captivating a little dark and twisted. It is well written with an intriguing and intense plot. I really enjoyed the suspense in Aaron and Mae's story. This is a very addictive story that I could not put down.
Stephanie Ditmore
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book. This is my first book by this author and I’m addicted. This story was amazing! You are taken to the depths of your soul, dark and twisted, suspenseful and dangerous, you will be on the edge of your seat waiting for what’s coming next. Aaron and Mae jump off the pages, he’s attracted to her but his urges want him to continue on his path of destruction, but can he do it? Mae is more and his inner struggle may get the best of him, they ar ...more
poppy
Shelves: ng
This is one dark and twisted read and I loved every last page. This is the first book in the series and I cannot wait for the rest I was hooked and just could not put Aaron and Mae's book down. it is a super well-written read and I would highly recommend it.
Linda
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Kent has me, lock, stock and barrel! I picked this book up, and did not want to put it down! This was an intense read. Beautifully written. The Pit created unfeeling monsters; or did they? Aaron fights not only the training he received from The Pit, but the demons of his "sick" heritage. When he bumps into the sweet Mae, his thoughts are not of her sweetness. What transpires will draw you in, and hold you. I was brought to tears more than once! Writing this review brings tears to my eyes. I ...more
Mary
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I admit, I didn’t like this book in the beginning. As I got deeper into the story, it started to get interesting. This is a dark read, not for the faint heart, murder, mayhem and intrigue. Aaron and Mae are both damaged in their own ways. I’m happy to say that there is a HEA.
Brandy Jones
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I loved this story!!! It was incredibly suspenseful and had me on edge most of the time. I really liked the dynamic between the characters and how much emotions played a big role in the book.

Aaron was a troubled man with very dark tendencies that he acted on. He had "demons" and was constantly at battle with the voices in his head while trying to be the one in control of himself. His obsession with Mae turned dark quickly but he found she caused him to have emotions he wasn't used to. Mae
Candice
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aaron is a Rhodes and very well known. Only he keeps a dark secret. He has a thirst for blood.... he needs to spill blood every so often or the “voices” get too loud. Mae had the unfortunate run inwith Aaron one night. He then begins to stalk her. This eventually leads to him kidnapping her. Their story is an amazingly strange gripping read. I have literally thought about this book for days after finishing it. It was so great I read it all in one sitting. I couldn’t put it down. I voluntarily re ...more
Tracy
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Extremely intense...dark read..great storyline
Mandy Munholland
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! I absolutely love this series !! My first book I read by Rina Kent was crowed and I was hooked ! I having been waiting for Aarons story and I was not disappointed! This was a well written dark romance story I fell in love with the characters I could feel all the emotions of each character as I read the story I could not put it down once I started reading ! I absolutely loved Aaron he is so heartbreakingly tragically beautiful ! I can't wait for Triston story to come out Well done Rina Ken ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author to me, and goodness, I cannot wait to read more off her work. Aaron and Mae’s story is intense and gripping form the very beginning. This is a beautifully written flawless story, which is dark, twisted, emotional and with suspense and secrets, which all have be totally enthralled throughout as well as on tenterhooks. I recommend for all.
Mona williams
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
wow this book was amazing! he is a trained killer. he must kill to fight his demons in his head. she is afraid of the dark . will he be her dark or light? read to find out.
Regina Kiddy
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ok kinda undecided on this one! It was dark, intriguing enough to keep you to see where it was going. I actually liked Crowed better. This one kept me interested because I am a psych nurse.
« previous 1 3 next »
Rina Kent is a lover of suspenseful plots and edgy characters. She has always been obsessed with romance. Storytelling is in her blood. Plotting is her addiction. Flawed and gripping characters are her drug. She makes it her mission to give them all types of trouble before granting them happy endings.
When not scheming her characters' fate, Rina manages a hectic schedule divided between studying an

The Rhodes Series (6 books)
  • Remorse