Start by marking “Spell Crazy” as Want to Read:
Spell Crazy

Spell Crazy

Kindle Edition
Published February 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Spell Crazy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spell Crazy

Start your review of Spell Crazy
Alaina
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I just finished this book and I honestly have no idea what it was actually about. It kind of felt like it was all over the place. Whether it was switching the POV or I have no idea what else.. but it was just plain weird. The one thing I did know was that Spell Crazy was filled with witches.

In this book, you will meet Athena. She was an okay character who just wanted to find the love of her life. She does a little spell to do so
Steve Rodgers
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you mix magic, demons, bone-headed mistakes, lycanthropes, dragons, and a bit of sex? You get this book, which was a blast to read. Athena is neophyte in the world of magic, not very good at her magical studies despite the fact that she comes from a powerful family. And anyway, her head’s somewhere else, focused on how to get a man that won’t let her down. But when she makes a really big magical mistake, she’s going to have to fix it, or ruin everything. Together with her fr ...more
Pegboard
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
A school to train young moon priestess should prepare for spells that go crazy. Spell Crazy by Julie Leo is humorous as Athena Gwyvern attempts to cast a spell to bring true love to her. Not only so she isn’t lonely but also because supposedly, love will magnify her abilities. She needs to get better or she may fail her schooling. Athena opens a portal that brings demons instead. Then she has to face a demon hunter, which affects her teacher, Viviane.

Spell Crazy is funny as Athena tries to cor
Cherry London
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Athena is a clueless witch whose hormones were going wild, she found herself caught up in high drama all because sex was uppermost on her mind. She had not the vaguest idea of the magnitude of trouble she had released or what she was dealing with. An interesting and mildly entertaining read.
Catherine
Mar 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Read For Netgalley.
I need to take a break.
Bookgyrl
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
The main character of the book is young witch Athena, who is struggling to become a priestess at Avalon, England. When she attempts a love spell it goes horribly wrong as instead of love she attracts demons and now she must attempt to rectify the situation before she is expelled from the school by Viviane, the head mistress.

I was attracted to the book by the lovely cover and the interesting blurb, but the book turned out differently than I thought. There was really a lot going on in the story.
Amy
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thankyou again to Netgalley for letting me obtain this book for free in return for my honest opinion.
I quite enjoyed this book. I do love paranormal romance books.
Athena Gwyvern is is a young witch who is failing at school, her spells never seem to go right.
At a last attempt she creates a love spell but forgets to close the ring, letting in 3 demons. Athena and her best friend Laurel work together with the hunky leprechaun Sean to try and round these demons back and return them to where they bel
Heather
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book of a child that's parents have put high expectations on, and she has trouble delivering. This book has romance, dragons, werewolves, demons and more! A wonderful quick read that is perfect for the young adult and adults as well
Hayley L. Morgan
Jan 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
I received a complimentary copy of this book through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

I found the blurb of the book interesting yet was disappointed with the actual story. The idea of a witch university where they train to be a priestess of the moon was intriguing. Athena is a struggling witch, the bottom of her classes and always in trouble, she is just about to be promoted to a full priestess and she’s determined to make it. But when a love spell accidentally
Jessica (Read book. Repeat)
DNF at around 32%

I really wanted to like this book. The premise sounded right up my alley, but I just didn't click with it at all.

Athena is training to become a Priestess of the Moon at Avalon Institute in Glastonbury. She is failing majorly in the magical aptitude part and spells always tend to go wrong for her. She has heard that if you find love, your power will be magnified, so she casts a love spell in order to help with this. Unfortunately, something goes wrong and she ends up letting dem
Jessica
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title certainly describes this book, there are plenty of spells making everything crazy. At a prestigious magical academy, Athena Gwyvern is supposed to be a powerful witch but is in reality a lovable screwup. She tries hard to pass her classes, but things just never seem to work out for her. She is told that if she falls in love, her powers will manifest stronger and so she sets out to brew a potion and of course it goes wrong. Our other pov is from Vivian, headmistress of the academy and s ...more
Books In Brogan
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was ok

I can't recommend this book since it definitely needs reworking as far as pacing and characters. I also didn't like that there were multiple characters that had too much going on with them and so I could never really understand what was going on with this "world". We are just dumped into it from the start, with nothing explained clearly so that we could make sense of what was going on.
This review was originally posted on Books In Brogan
Mary Hart
May 07, 2019 rated it it was ok

I thought I better write up the review even though I haven't yet finished it. The change in POV didn't make me stall but it was one chapter following another repeating the timescale but told from a different POV that made me hesitate. Great if you are wanting to give extra info and put together perhaps scenarios for a film.

I was attracted to the book because of the cover. I do like Glastonbury Tor.

I think teenagers would probably really enjoy it. It's not really my genre but I was plea
Jimmy Jefferson
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spell crazy is a story about Athena who is a young developing witch with a longing for true love while her counter part Viviana is looking for a primal satisfaction with the right man. Athena makes a major mistake using magic and must now find a way to stop the outcome the town is headed for like a speeding train. Viviana tries to find Athena while the spell begins to run wild through the town. The story is well written and characters are developed and have a certain sexy edge to them. The genre ...more
Jaime
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
It's a good idea but the follow-through was disjointed. It was placed in the New Adult category, but it reads more like a YA book that got switched to an adult book without thorough adjustments. Athena's adventures are more along the lines of Harry Potter while Viviene's story is paranormal romance. The back and forth between the two characters doesn't work for this reason and it seems like two different books and smooshed into one. This author has potential but she should big and age range, cho ...more
Khanh
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
I don't know. For me, this book was super weird in that it was all over the place; yeah I read it while I wrote up a presentation, but it's not unusual for me to read and do other things simultaneously. It seemed like all the characters were randomly having sex with each other, the demons that appeared were odd-they didn't want to harm anyone--and beyond that... it was a slightly entertaining but confusing read.
Michelle
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc, netgalley
Spell Crazy is a paranormal romance filled with interesting characters, a young witch whose spells never seem to go right and a love spell that was never needed. Loved the connection between Athena and Sean. Although an interesting storyline I did have a hard time with two POV's that basically told the same thing over again, otherwise a good read. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
This was a cute and magical romance novel! I look forward to future novels from the author. There were a few moments where I felt a little boredom but overall it was a good heartfelt read. 3 1/2 stars out of 5!
Catherine
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
I found Spell Crazy to be a very creative and well-written book. There is much to attract those readers who enjoy fantasy and paranormal happenings with quite a lot of romance and spell-casting episodes going on (and much more). This is the type of book that would appeal to young adults.
Debbie Morgan
Apr 06, 2019
Alex (Gadget Girl 71)
Mar 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Well I have to say I don’t really know where to start with this book. The synopsis indicates that this book is right down my street. Where in actual fact it just didn’t hit the mark. The book seemed to have something missing but I don’t know what it is.

Athena is a novice moon priestess at the Avalon Institute in Glastonbury, England. Where she is failing miserably at her spells. Every spell she casts never works out as it should. She had been told that if you find your true love then your magic
Ileana Renfroe
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I do love paranormal romance books, so the cover and summary were quite appealing.

This story is about Athena Gwyvern a young witch who is failing at school and is having trouble with her spells. She decides to cast a love spell that as you can imagine goes wrong. How can she forget to close the ring? This in turn lets lose 3 demons.

I would have liked to see her character and love interests developed a bit further, as well as Laurel’s character. There was in my opinion too much focus on the sex.
Becky Baldridge
Jan 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
The saying 'You can't judge a book by its cover' comes to mind with Spell Crazy. With such an eye-catching cover and an interesting blurb, I had high hopes for this book. Unfortunately, it doesn't live up to those expectations. It all starts with a love spell that goes sideways. When I say it starts there, I'm speaking literally - that's where it starts, and if it sounds like we're thrown into the middle of a story, that's what it feels like. From there, it's a lot of characters in need of devel ...more
MISS K DENTON
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable creative book with a good storyline and interesting characters. Told from the viewpoint of two characters, my only criticism is telling the same part of the story twice (by each character) got a bit annoying.

The setting was well described and using Glastonbury and it’s mythical reputation was a good move and immediately made the story believable. I’d definitely read other works by this author.
Arwen Lynch
Apr 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley for my honest review.

It was a fun read but didn't keep my attention. I found the bouncing back and forth between the b*tchy Vivianne and the fumbling Theenie (Athena) a distraction. For me, I would have preferred each character get their own story. At times I wanted to ask who was in love with whom.

So, it was a great premise! Love spell goes wrong (sort of) and releases demons (who knew baby demons were so destructive?) Head mistress Vivianne is sour
Rebecca Goss
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
There’s a lot going on in this book. Demons are summoned by mistake when a priestess in training makes a mistake with a love spell. Chaos commences. Her trainer is involved her own drama, which I found a bit distracting and detracted from the story. The demons were humorous and added to the book. The relationship between Sean and Athena was sweet and their growing attraction proved she did not need a love spell at all. The setting in England was intriguing and who doesn’t love dragons?!
Heather Bennett
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Spell Crazy is a Paranormal Romance where a spell goes wrong. This book just wasn't for me, it just didn't hold my interest and I wanted it to.
Kayla
Athityaa
Apr 28, 2019
Zachary Harless
May 05, 2019

• Kingdom of Exiles (The Beast Charmer, #1)
  • Biker Baby (Kings of Mayhem MC, #3)
  • A Crafter Hooks a Killer (A Handcrafted Mystery #2)
  • Day of the Dragon
  • Alpha's Promise (Dark Protectors #10)
  • Vampire Hearts: Book One of Bathory Academy
  • Ignite (Dark Kings #15)
  • Dearly Beloved
  • Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)
  • Dark Alpha's Redemption (Reaper, #8)
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (A Tea and Read Mystery #2)
  • Kings of Mayhem (Kings of Mayhem MC, #1)
  • One Night of Passion (Wicked Dukes Club #3)
  • Murder from Scratch (A Sally Solari Mystery #4)
  • Raven Lane
  • Brothers in Arms (Kings of Mayhem MC, #2)
  • Rogue Most Wanted (The Cavensham Heiresses #5)
  • The Duke Is But a Dream (Debutante Diaries, #2)

News & Interviews