Start by marking “Crazy Hot (The Au Pairs, #4)” as Want to Read:
Crazy Hot (The Au Pairs, #4)

Crazy Hot (The Au Pairs #4)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  2,529 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
It's been a year since the hottest au pairs ever saw the Hamptons, and Eliza, Jacqui and Mara have resigned themselves to spending summer apart. But when Eliza's new stepmother finds herself in need of some help, Jacqui and Mara wind up with two first-class tickets to a crazy and hot Hamptons summer.
Published May 8th 2007 by Simon & Schuster

Feb 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: backstabbing-fun
Well, the end came and it ended good.

Our favorite au pairs graduated from high school and came back for one more summer together, thanks to Eliza. Eliza is now an up-and-coming starlet-turned-designer. And Jeremy wants to move fast. Would she keep up? Mara has a new boyfriend named David. But when he lefts her stranded, her plans get ruined. She wants to be a writer, starting a novel about au pairs. Nothing's going to distract her from the task at hand...except perhaps her old flame, Ryan Perry.
Gunjan (NerdyBirdie)
I think I’d just like to state the fact that after rigorous switching back and forth between audiobooking and reading this as an ebook, I can say that I’m FINALLY done the Au Pairs series by Melissa de la Cruz.
[image error]

Besides the fact that I decently enjoyed Beach Lane a couple of years ago, I wasn’t exactly sure what the heck was going on here. This series should not be called The Au Pairs because if there’s something that’s not in here, then it’s definitely babysitting. Except for maybe
Jessica Lawlor
Oct 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2009
The Au Pairs: Crazy Hot, the fourth book in the Au Pairs series by Melissa de la Cruz tells the story of best friends Eliza, Jacqui and Mara and their fourth summer in the Hamptons.

Now, this book is usually the type of book I reserve for reading at the beach, but I saw it at my library and realized I hadn’t read it yet, so I grabbed it up. It may be November, but this book made me feel like I was sitting on a beach chair with the sand in my toes and a drink in hand.

This summer, Eliza is opening
Mar 10, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Well, it is the end of the Au Pair series. I must say, that I really enjoyed it. It was easy to read, quick moving and kept me interested through all 4 books. I recommend these books to you if you like YAF, Fashion and Friendship!
Kenna Armstrong
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
This was a very satisfying conclusion to a really good series. The story was fun and fast paced and the characters didn't seem dry or overused. Easily a 4.5/5 star read.
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Crazy Hot with is the fourth book in the Au Pairs series by Melissa de la Cruz. It’s always hot in the Hamptons, but this summer, it’s Crazy Hot with our favorite trio together for their fourth and last summer in the Hamptons.

This year, while her first year at Parsons, Eliza learns that her mother is leaving her father for her new gym train, a much younger man. Eliza was very shock to hear the news since her mother had always stood by her father, especially since the business scandal. Then, her
I am officially all done with this series! It had many, many low points, but also a couple highs as well. I'm pleased with how everything worked out in the end. Though I wasn't thrilled about one couple pairing, they just don't seem to be good for each other in my mind.
This was a fun read overall, though I'm incredibly glad to be done!
Julianna Styles
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was definitely the best of the series! Sad that it's over!
Jan 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah, the nice light cheesiness and predictability of beach reads.

I want a house in the Hamptons too.

Also Pete is a creepy-ass stalker.
Tara Frye
Mar 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
This series just isn't for me I tried but, I just didn't get into it.
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
While I was reading this book, I really thought I would start enjoying it. The cover page got me interested in the story. Before I started reading the book I thought it was going to be about a hot steamy romance, but I was wrong. It turned out to be about three rich white girls and their "problems". I laugh at the word problem, I wish I had their problems. This book really upset and I couldn't even finish it because I hated it so much. The one thing the author did well was to create a very detai ...more
Nov 21, 2009 rated it it was ok
I don't know if it's because the series has gotten worse or I've become a more judgemental reader, but I think I'm over these books. I'm glad this is the last one. I know we're meant to suspend our disbelief and enjoy the story as a crazy escapist romp through the realms of the implausible, but I just can't do it anymore.

Eliza, upon finishing her first year at Parsons, has already shown her collection at NYFW, opened a boutique in the Hamptons and managed to sell a bunch of clothes to Hamptons
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for

It's always hot in the Hamptons, but this year it's CRAZY HOT with the three girls together again.

Just when they thought they would be separated for the summer, once again fate brought them together. Mara and Jacqui are actually au pairing for Eliza's father's new wife. Eliza herself is busy opening up her own store, filled with her fabulous clothes. Of course, her two best friends agree to model for the opening and Jacqui catches one photographer
Jan 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love The Au Pairs. I went to the library one day and just randomly picked it up and I fell in love with the characters even though some of their antics were kind of, um, dumb. But the way Melissa de la Cruz depicts the relationship between the 3 girls is wonderful and pretty realistic even if you were to take them out of the Hamptons and make them schoolgirls somewhere in a rual area. They're all different with different backgrounds and different priorites but they somehow seem to balance each ...more
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
FABULOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I was SO SO SO happy that the last book was just -- if not better! than the first two in the series. I don't know what happened to the third book, that was just a flop. But Crazy Hot was so good, I finished it in like three days or less, I can't remember, but it was so amazing, and I am so incredibly sad the series is all over. But, in a way, I'm glad it ended on a good note, because some books that have 4309565 books in the series can really ruin the story for a pers ...more
Steph Su
Apr 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: guilty-pleasure
“They’re older, but not necessarily wiser.” That’s the tagline as the world’s favorite au pairs come back to the Hamptons for one last summer fling.

Eliza had a successful freshman year at Parsons and is now opening her own store in the Hamptons. It’s hard for her to juggle publicizing her store and her relationship with Jeremy, however, both of which are moving forward at lightning speed, but only one of which she is certain about for now.

Jacqui finished up her fifth year of high school and is e
Nov 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is about three college age girls who are friends and how they spend the summer together. Eliza goes to the Hamptons to spend time with her father and his girlfriend while she opens up a store in New York. Her friends Jaqui and Mara get jobs as au pairs at Eliza's father's house taking care of his girlfriend's children. All the people in the book are extremely wealthy which makes it harder for the average person to relate to the characters but overall I still thought this book was enjoy ...more
Michelle Arrow

I think that each of the novels from the Beach Lane series just got worse every time. Crazy Hot was good, but not as great as the rest. I think that the author over-exaggerated with the whole series, it ended just fine with being a trilogy.

Mara, Eliza, and Jacqui are all doing something different, and are in for their final summer in the Hamptons, before everything is about to change forever.

Like I said in my previous reviews of these novels, the characters aren't like the beginning. Now, t
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Tal vez el libro que más me ha costado leer, y no sé muy bien si ha sido porque no era el momento (los otros los leí en verano y me apetecían más, por el simple hecho de que también transcurrieron en la misma época, y este no) o simplemente porque ya estaba un poco desconectada de la historia. Pero bueno, aún así una vez que conseguí "ponerme a ello" a vuelto a ser una lectura fácil y ligera.

Tal vez lo peor es ver que tras 4 libros las cosas acaban como crees que van a acabar, vamos que no ha ca
Pamela Hubbard
In the final book of the Au Pairs series, Eliza, Mara, and Jacqui are thrown together again. When Mara's plans to travel Europe fall apart, and when Jacqui's summer work falls through (the Perry's move to Europe), they end up au pair-ing for Eliza's stepmom's kids. Eliza's success keeps going as she opens a Hamptons' boutique and somehow ends up engaged...or is she? Mara starts a blog on the insider's view of life in Hamptons and can't get Ryan out of her head. Jacqui is enticed into the modelin ...more
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As the book said itself at the end, it is a story about friendship in the first place. When the girls met, they had very little in common but they grew to become friends, even best friends who are always here for each other, which is actually brilliant.
What I liked a lot was how the girls' dreams eventually came true. I mean, a lot of girls wish they could be fashion designers, models or authors and in fact our goals don't have to be as overrated as theirs but I think that it can give us hope an
Aug 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
Hailey Black
Jul 08, 2014 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this series as a whole! It was a very good summer read filled with drama, name drops and glamorous lives! Makes me wish I could live it some times!

I'm undecided about the ending of the book. I don't know if I liked it or was slightly disappointed by it? I just feel like it was left almost open as if there could be another book put behind it.

However, I really liked how Mara and Ryan finally ended up together! They have been my favourite couple since day one! I also like how at
Aug 25, 2011 rated it liked it
"Hampton heat in the summer returns with the popular Au Pairs. This fourth installment in Melissa de la Cruz's sizzling hot series will surprise and charm readers with new fashion trends, life-changing questions and heartbreaking decisions."

i read this book a while ago, somewhere between entering and adapting into middle school. my taste in books were different then, i just got off the high of the harry potter universe and no book seemed to be good enough for me. now when i look back, i see that
Sep 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
this book i also read this summer, and i was really intersting. even though i didnt really have time to read since i worked, i would pick it up and read it even if it was just for five minutes. i love the mature setting, and how the characters get to have the summer of their life, while having some ups and downs, which they end up solving in the long run. i also liked how i could connec to most of the things that the girls wanted, and then things that happened in their lifes. i enjoyed
May 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: summer-2011
This was my favorite out of all of the books from the Au Pairs. All of the girls seemed to begin with their dream jobs. Who can't be proud of Liza and her fashion line? Who can't be worrisome for Jaciqu and the Saucy Aussies? And who doesn't want to scream at Mara to dump David for good and go running back to Ryan?

I hated to see this one end, but knowing that this was another "Great summer" for the girls, I loved it. The whole story was wrapped up nicely but I can't help but feeling like I'd lov
May 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
The fourth and final book of the Au Pairs was the icing on top of the cake of a great series. It's certainly not going to be a literary masterpiece, but if you are looking for fun, girlie, YA fiction, I recommend these books. I loved the growth of the characters, and the fast paced backdrop of the Hamptons.

To add, I am actually sad the series is over, it only took me a week to read the books, and each time I finished one I was ready for more. Now it's over and I am still ready for more!
Nov 11, 2008 rated it liked it
summers in the Hamptons are never forgettable in the lives of this group of friends. you never know whats going to happen next and even when it seems predictable it changes in the blink of an eye. i recommend this to any girl who likes books about the lives of rich spoiled girls who have crazy lives but still aren't happy all of the time.
Oct 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
this book part four is really interesting because the girls are kinda dissapointed believing they won't spend the summer together but then one of the girls moms needs help around the house with the children so the other two girls make it to the Hampton....i recommend a person should read all for books
Michelle Chase
This book was mediocre. The beginning was good, the whole middle was just plain boring, and the last 10 pages were good. I had to read it since I read the other 3 book in the series, but was kind of disappointed with the final book. I was glad to find out what happened with the futures of all 3 girls though.
  • Girls in Love (Summer Girls, #2)
  • Adored (It Girl, #8)
  • Back in Black (A-List, #5)
  • South Beach (Alexa & Holly, #1)
  • Pass It On (Insiders, #2)
  • Paradise Lost (Private, #9)
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like
More about Melissa de la Cruz...

The Au Pairs (4 books)
  • The Au Pairs (The Au Pairs #1)
  • Skinny-Dipping (The Au Pairs #2)
  • Sun-Kissed (The Au Pairs #3)

Young Adult Deals

• The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
  • Orphan Train Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Alone
    $17.99 $2.99
  • Gateway to Fourline (The Fourline Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3)
  • Period 8
    $6.74 $0.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Forsaken Throne (Kingfountain #6)
  • How Dare the Sun Rise: Memoirs of a War Child
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Rebel Genius
    $6.38 $2.99
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Fear the Drowning Deep
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Insignia (Insignia, #1)
  • Blood Rose Rebellion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Winter Prince (The Lion Hunters Novels)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)
    $4.09 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $3.99 $2