Start by marking “Breath of Dust & Dawn (Earthsinger Chronicles, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Breath of Dust & Dawn (Earthsinger Chronicles, #1.5)

Breath of Dust & Dawn

(Earthsinger Chronicles #1.5)

This novella begins after the events of Song of Blood & Stone—it’s both an extended epilogue AND a prequel, so it’s advisable to read that novel first.

For Jasminda ul-Sarifor, the war may be over but her conflict is not. New, overwhelming duties leave her caught between two worlds but belonging to neither. She turns once more to Jack, hoping the bond that got them thro
ebook
Published January 24th 2019 by Heartspell Media

To ask other readers questions about Breath of Dust & Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breath of Dust & Dawn

Ashlee » Library In The Country
This was a sweet and inspiring novella with a little murder-mystery to go along with it!

Full review coming!
CaffeinatedFae
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was fortunate enough to receive an advanced reader copy of this novella from the author in exchange for an honest review. I wasn't quite sure what to expect with this book but I was excited to go back into the world of earthsingers once more. L. Penelope was able to craft an interesting mystery that gives us some background into the Elsira and Lagamiri worlds. This Novella is a little different from Song of Blood & Stone simply because it is more mystery than action and really didn't hold ...more
Denise
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Breath of Dust and Dawn is a novella that follows the events of Song of Blood and Stone. This eARC was a courtesy by L. Penelope (THANK YOU SO MUCH) and it’s story was a nice, heart-warming return to the serie.

I talked and talked about how I fell in love with L. Penelope's story and it's the truth. Her characters are real, charismatic and enthralling. Going back to this universe warmed my heart. Jasminda and Jack are empathetic, adorable and understand each other beyond looks and conversation.
Jessa Julian
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As you may remember from my review of Song of Blood and Stone I was absolutely blown away by the first book in this series! I could not wait to get my hands on a copy of Breath of Dust & Dawn as soon as I knew that it was coming out!

I was most definitely not let down.

Just as it's advertised, this book is both an extended epilogue and a prequel. At first, I was concerned about that concept and felt like it would be too much in one single novella. However, Penelope was definitely up to the cha
Tamara Morning
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Title: Breath of Dust & Dawn
Author: L. Penelope
Genre: Fantasy
Rating: 5 out of 5

“For Jasminda ul-Sarifor, the war may be over, but her conflict is not. New, overwhelming duties leave her caught between two worlds but belonging to neither. She turns once more to Jack, hoping the bond that got them through the first battle is strong enough to weather a new storm.

For Jack, Jasminda’s struggles hit close to home. To help her find her way, he entrusts her with a tale from his past when, after anot
Sarabi
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I quite like L. Penelope's writing style, so this book was definitely a good read. It didn't rely too heavily on information from book 1, but you definitely wouldn't fully understand the gravity of the situation or the relationships between the characters without reading Song of Blood and Stone first. This is a very Jack-centric story, and it explains his relationship with Darvyn. I'm assuming the information is necessary, but I don't understand how it ties into the rest of the story just yet. I ...more
Janet
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you liked Song of Blood & Stone then you are really going to enjoy the novella Breath of Dust & Dawn. It fills in details from the first book - so definitely read that first. The world building is good, but the character building is great! I can't wait for the next book in the Earthsinger Chronicles.
Full disclosure: I received an ARC and loved every page.
Jackie
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing continuation. Jasminda’s conflicts are far from over. This story takes you and draws you in until the end. Can’t wait for more.
Melinda
Feb 20, 2019
Malika
Feb 21, 2019
Belinda
Feb 14, 2019
Nikki
Full review and more on Read and Wander and my Bookstagram
I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Thank you L. Penelope and Heartspell Media!

My Thoughts

When I was offered the opportunity to read Breath of Dust & Dawn, I didn't know what to expect but I couldn't pass up the chance immersing myself back into the work of Earthsingers.

I was pleasantly surprised that Breath of Dust
Dany
Jan 28, 2019
emilijace
Jan 30, 2019
Leslye Penelope has been writing since she could hold a pen and loves getting lost in the worlds in her head. She is an award-winning author of fantasy and paranormal romance.

She was born in the Bronx, just after the birth of hip hop, but left before she could acquire an accent. Equally left and right-brained, she studied Film at Howard University and minored in Computer Science. This led to a gr

Earthsinger Chronicles (4 books)
  • Song of Blood & Stone (Earthsinger Chronicles, #1)
  • Whispers of Shadow & Flame (Earthsinger Chronicles #2)
  • Cry of Metal & Bone (Earthsinger Chronicles #3)