Start by marking “Nature Tonic: A Year in My Mindful Life” as Want to Read:
Nature Tonic: A Year in My Mindful Life

Nature Tonic: A Year in My Mindful Life

Nature Tonic is a beautiful mindful workbook to cherish. It encourages us to connect with nature and grow our own meditative awareness every day. Exploring meaningful ways we can all experience and appreciate the natural world, this precious guide helps us to notice and note nature’s enchanting wonders, focus on the seasons, and experience simply being in nature.

Author J
Published September 10th 2019 by Leaping Hare Press

To ask other readers questions about Nature Tonic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nature Tonic

Eve (Between The Bookends)
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
description This is really a lovely mindful workbook. 🌼 Obviously, because I was given an eBook copy to review, I couldn't use it to its' fullest extent. 🎨 However, I still found this book to be full of interesting factoids and charming illustrations. 🎑 The workbook is divided into the following chapters...

A NATURAL RHYTHM 🌅

description

Ther
Lindsay
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nature Tonic by Jocelyn de Kwant is a great little book. I loved the prompts and following along. This book will make a great gift for those who are rushed and those who are not. It offers tips and ideas both artsy and hands on for everyone. A new one every day. I wouldn’t do them every day but perhaps one a week. Overall a lovely little book!

I received a free review copy from the publisher in exchange for my honest unedited feedback.

#read #reader #book #bookstagram #readersofinstagram #bookre
Leah Horton
Sep 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Nature tonic is a journal style book with new and fun ways to get in touch with nature as well as yourself. Make that connection between yourself and. Store and become more relaxed and calm.

This book was really interesting the way it was designed and the images were beautiful. I felt it was a mix between science book, self help book and journal.
Aimee Dars
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Being in nature is healing. Studies show that just having a green plant inside can boost mood, productivity and concentration, and reduce stress levels. Yet, at least in the United States, as a nation, we spend more time inside, becoming alienated from nature. Richard Louv, founder of the Children & Nature Network, introduced the concept “nature-deficit disorder” in 2005 to describe this phenomenon.

Jocelyn de Kwant’s Nature Tonic: A Year in My Mindful Life is an antidote to this malady. In s
Janet
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
When you don't have a car for a month due to a predatory car insurance industry, you can get a LOT of reading done!!

Nature Tonic is a beautiful mindful workbook to cherish. It encourages us to connect with nature and grow our own meditative awareness
Annie
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

Nature Tonic: A Year in My Mindful Life is a year long journaling guide with 365 mindfulness prompts which actively encourage the reader to slow down and find balance and relax in nature. Due out 10th Sept 2019 from Quarto on their Leaping Hare Press imprint, it's 240 pages and will be available in paperback format.

This is a beautifully calming and charmingly presented guide to re-learning awareness of our natural rhythms and re-learning to live
Els
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nature Moments, 365 x tot rust komen in de natuur. Door Jocelyn De Kwant, illustraties van Clare Owen.

Flow Magazine lezen leidt tot fan worden van Jocelyn, wat leidt tot het kopen van haar boek Creative Flow en wat nu (hoera, hoera) heeft geleid tot Nature moments in mijn handen.

Ik geef het toe, ik deed nog niet alle opdrachten uit Creative Flow, en toch maakte mijn hart een sprongetje toen bleek dat Jocelyn een nieuw creatief dagboek uit heeft. Dit keer eentje dat je naar buiten trekt. Omdat we
joyce w. laudon
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it
The author of this book discovered that time in nature truly helped her to feel less stressed and more centered. She subsequently wrote this beautifully illustrated book that lists 365 ways to connect with nature that will help readers to feel calmer and more mindful. The book is divided into sections including Nocturnal Nature, In the Forest, The Life Aquatic, etc.

An example of a daily suggestion:

Suggestion 342

The philosopher Henry David Thoreau believed that,

An early morning walk is a blessi
Cecilia
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Nature Tonic calls us to slow down, look past material things, acquisition, and the overwhelming busyness and stress of modern life. Research has shown that our lives are improved by spending time in nature."If we're cut off from nature, it has a radical impact on our nervous system and higher brain function."

Confession time. This book made me smile as soon as I saw the cover, then proceeded to capture my heart as I read it. It is, as other reviewers have said, simply charming. The illustrations
Ginny
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure, I got this as a Netgalley ARC and once I downloaded it and saw it was a workbook of sorts, I scrolled through all of the pages, but I did not read each of the daily activities. Because yes, this is 365 activities to help you focus on and connect with yourself and nature. Each of the pages are really cute with illustrations and fun activities.

This book publishes September 10 and my birthday is the 9th....Guess what I'll be getting myself? One of my goals this year is to be more
Audrey Adamson
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nature Tonic is a delightful book with activities to truly enjoy the outdoors and have a little bit more enjoyment in your life. The book is charmingly illustrated by still focuses on getting you outside. There activities and lessons that will delight newbies and those who have already been entranced by nature. each project is creative, mindful and educational as well as fun.
I would absolutely give Nature Tonic as a gift to anyone who is interested in getting outside.

I received an ARC through N
Alexandra
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A year's worth of prompts for a nature moment every day. Prompts divided into different sections. Many prompts have bolded text, asking you to draw, write, glue on paper, or whatever on that page. If not wanting to that I think you can do these prompts in a different notebook as a companion. Some visuals to show examples of what the authour mentions. Really good things and prompts to view nature and get back into it.
Cynthia Corral
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This book is SO CHARMING, and I’ve already put my money where my mouth is and have pre-ordered it. I need this book in my life!

This is like a book of daily affirmations using connections to Nature. Some days have an explanation of something in Nature and then one small, easy task. Hug a tree. Go on a hike. Test your soil. Draw a picture. Some of the days go in a series: collect soil in jars; pour water over the soil; inhale the aroma. Everything is accompanied by the cutest little drawings. Ther
GONZA
Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it
This book full of nice pictures, mostly of trees and flowers, could be intended as a sort of "Mindfulness in nature" sort of diary. There are a lot of suggestion to "re-calibrate" our mind and body to the natural flow of days and seasons. It may be easier to do if you do not live in a city, but any big Park goes. Interesting and full of tips.

Questo libro pieno di disegni molto carini di alberi e fiori soprattutto, potrebbe essere inteso come una specie di diario dove la Mindfulness incontra la n
Lauren Paletta
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was brilliant! I loved trying out the activities to get back to nature and enjoy some relaxing time. Nature should be more important to us in our society and it's sad it's not. I want to continue doing these things every chance I get. Being a stay at home mom with a newborn, I tend to end up inside a lot, so getting to do some of these or making myself do some of these will get me out of the house some more.
#Naturetonic #Netgalley