Start by marking “Nature Tonic: A Year in My Mindful Life” as Want to Read:
Nature Tonic: A Year in My Mindful Life

Nature Tonic: A Year in My Mindful Life

Nature Tonicis a beautiful mindful workbook to cherish. It encourages us to connect with nature and grow our own meditative awareness every day. Exploring meaningful ways we can all experience and appreciate the natural world, this precious guide helps us to notice and notenature’s enchanting wonders, focus on the seasons, and experience simply being in nature.

Author
Published September 10th 2019 by Leaping Hare Press

To ask other readers questions about Nature Tonic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nature Tonic

Start your review of Nature Tonic: A Year in My Mindful Life
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
description This is really a lovely mindful workbook. Obviously, because I was given an eBook copy to review, I couldn't use it to its' fullest extent. However, I still found this book to be full of interesting factoids and charming illustrations. The workbook is divided into the following chapters...

A NATURAL RHYTHM

description

There are 365
Marina
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a lovely book this is! It’s a nature-themed activity book for grown-ups with a task to do for every day of the year. Plan a garden, string up a pine-cone, create a rainbow, draw your view… every page is adorned with colourful, contemporary-style illustrations. What a great gift this would make!
Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for this digital ARC.
Laurie Garrison
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Years ago, I would have never picked this book up, not that I hate nature, it’s just life gets in the way of simple natures pleasers, but as I am seeing more of my town taken over by large developers and businesses I am seeing my nature being destroyed and that makes me want to be out there more before it’s all gone and Nature Tonic: A Year in My Mindful Life would help anyone out there today at any age to get out and explore before it’s all gone.

I would highly recommend this book for anyone who
Alicia Bayer
Oct 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Nature is a huge part of our family's life so I was happy to read a temporary digital ARC of this nature-based journal of sorts. I think perhaps it's better suited for someone who doesn't already love nature and spend time in it. I was expecting a daily to-do and it's not always that. Sometimes you're given a task, like to turn the lights on later than usual to experience the morning light or to find a way to spend time outside or do some bark rubbings. Other times it's more like sharing a fact ...more
Lindsay
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nature Tonic by Jocelyn de Kwant is a great little book. I loved the prompts and following along. This book will make a great gift for those who are rushed and those who are not. It offers tips and ideas both artsy and hands on for everyone. A new one every day. I wouldn’t do them every day but perhaps one a week. Overall a lovely little book!

I received a free review copy from the publisher in exchange for my honest unedited feedback.

#read #reader #book #bookstagram #readersofinstagram
Leah Horton
Sep 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Nature tonic is a journal style book with new and fun ways to get in touch with nature as well as yourself. Make that connection between yourself and. Store and become more relaxed and calm.

This book was really interesting the way it was designed and the images were beautiful. I felt it was a mix between science book, self help book and journal.
Janet
When you don't have a car for a month due to a predatory car insurance industry, you can get a LOT of reading done!!

From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do .

Nature Tonic is a beautiful mindful workbook to cherish. It encourages us to connect with nature and grow our own meditative awareness
Bonnye Reed
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free electronic copy of this self-help book on September 30, 2019, from Netgalley, author Jocelyn De Kant and illustrator Clare Owen, and Leaping Hare Press. Thank you all for sharing your hard work with me. I have read this excellent work of my own volition, and this review reflects my honest, personal opinion of this work. I am most pleased to share the knowledge imparted in this work to friends and family.

If your idea of sacred lies within the forest or river valley or perhaps
Aimee Dars
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Being in nature is healing. Studies show that just having a green plant inside can boost mood, productivity and concentration, and reduce stress levels. Yet, at least in the United States, as a nation, we spend more time inside, becoming alienated from nature. Richard Louv, founder of the Children & Nature Network, introduced the concept “nature-deficit disorder” in 2005 to describe this phenomenon.

Jocelyn de Kwant’s Nature Tonic: A Year in My Mindful Life is an antidote to this malady. In
Jeannie Zelos
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nature Tonic, A Year in My Mindful Life, Jocelyn de Kwant

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: Crafts & Hobbies,Outdoors & Nature

I've always loved Nature, loved to be outside, enjoying plants, trees and wildlife.
I was interested to read this book, as I think many of us have forgotten just how restorative nature can be. We live in a rushed world, dominated by clocks, timetables, schedules and maybe taking a step back and appreciating what Nature does for us, ruled by her own
Denise Riehle
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nature Tonic: A Year in My Mindful Life by Jocelyn de Kwant is full of 365 ways that you can embrace nature and bring your life back into balance. I absolutely love books that have short prompts or exercises that you can start out each day of the year by doing. This book is unlike any nature book that I have had the pleasure of reading because it combines many different ways that you can interact with nature; drawing, journaling, listening, touching, taking in a grand view and so much more.

This
Annie
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

Nature Tonic: A Year in My Mindful Life is a year long journaling guide with 365 mindfulness prompts which actively encourage the reader to slow down and find balance and relax in nature. Due out 10th Sept 2019 from Quarto on their Leaping Hare Press imprint, it's 240 pages and will be available in paperback format.

This is a beautifully calming and charmingly presented guide to re-learning awareness of our natural rhythms and re-learning to live
Mechthild
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, nonfiction
You can invest yourself in nature, every day a little
Jocelyn de Kwant is the author of "Nature Tonic. A Year in My Mindful Life" which was published by Quarto Publishing Group - Leaping Hare Press divides her book into twelve sections (e.g., A Natural Rhythm, Urban Nature, Earth's Colors). De Kwant has dedicated her life to write about things that make you feel better. For this book de Kwant created 365 prompts for a nature moment a day. Her goal is that the readers meditate, look, learn, or do.
Doreen Prentiss Gabriellini
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've always loved Nature. It been an age old problem of how to be more like nature. I was very interested to read this book. In our busy techno world I believe that people have forgotten how healing and restorative nature can be. We, as humans, are attached to our schedules. That author poses what about taking a step back and appreciating what nature can do for us. Nature has her own schedule of night and day and her own change of seasons. Each day is a new fresh start The author encourages us ...more
Bonnye Reed

If your idea of sacred lies within the forest or river valley or perhaps
joyce w. laudon
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it
The author of this book discovered that time in nature truly helped her to feel less stressed and more centered. She subsequently wrote this beautifully illustrated book that lists 365 ways to connect with nature that will help readers to feel calmer and more mindful. The book is divided into sections including Nocturnal Nature, In the Forest, The Life Aquatic, etc.

An example of a daily suggestion:

Suggestion 342

The philosopher Henry David Thoreau believed that,

An early morning walk is a
Cecilia
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Nature Tonic calls us to slow down, look past material things, acquisition, and the overwhelming busyness and stress of modern life. Research has shown that our lives are improved by spending time in nature."If we're cut off from nature, it has a radical impact on our nervous system and higher brain function."

Confession time. This book made me smile as soon as I saw the cover, then proceeded to capture my heart as I read it. It is, as other reviewers have said, simply charming. The illustrations
Ginny
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure, I got this as a Netgalley ARC and once I downloaded it and saw it was a workbook of sorts, I scrolled through all of the pages, but I did not read each of the daily activities. Because yes, this is 365 activities to help you focus on and connect with yourself and nature. Each of the pages are really cute with illustrations and fun activities.

This book publishes September 10 and my birthday is the 9th....Guess what I'll be getting myself? One of my goals this year is to be more
Stars In Her Eye
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nature Tonic is a delightful book with activities to truly enjoy the outdoors and have a little bit more enjoyment in your life. The book is charmingly illustrated by still focuses on getting you outside. There activities and lessons that will delight newbies and those who have already been entranced by nature. each project is creative, mindful and educational as well as fun.
I would absolutely give Nature Tonic as a gift to anyone who is interested in getting outside.

I received an ARC through
Hazel
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nature Tonic is just that!! A real tonic to the fast and furious lives that we all seem to lead these days. Its full of mindful nature tips to do each day.

The book is split into sections and works like a journal. I would advise to get a hard copy as I had the digital edition and couldn't note down my thoughts for each tip.

Worth buying to bring you back to nature.

Thanks to Netgalley and Leaping Hare Press for the Digital ARC Copy.
Lauren Paletta
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was brilliant! I loved trying out the activities to get back to nature and enjoy some relaxing time. Nature should be more important to us in our society and it's sad it's not. I want to continue doing these things every chance I get. Being a stay at home mom with a newborn, I tend to end up inside a lot, so getting to do some of these or making myself do some of these will get me out of the house some more.
#Naturetonic #Netgalley
Alexandra
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A year's worth of prompts for a nature moment every day. Prompts divided into different sections. Many prompts have bolded text, asking you to draw, write, glue on paper, or whatever on that page. If not wanting to that I think you can do these prompts in a different notebook as a companion. Some visuals to show examples of what the authour mentions. Really good things and prompts to view nature and get back into it.
Marie (daffodilbookshelf)
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nature Tonic is a lovely illustrated book filled with a year's worth of prompts to get the reader to interact with nature. As part of my ongoing wellness journey, I am very interested in the studies that correlate time spent in nature with lowered stress, improved mood and increased creativity.

The author encourages us to do something in nature daily. It can be as simple as watching birds in your yard or walking down a city sidewalk noticing a flower growing in an unexpected place. Some ideas
Robin
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Filled with 365 creative nature prompts, Nature Tonic encourages the reader to get outside and embrace the world around him. This whimsical nature workbook features ideas for thoughtful consideration, nature awareness, and re-centering in a technology driven world. Prompts and meditations provide for noticing the seasons and reconnecting with the natural world.

In a generation fighting nature deficiency, Nature Tonic reminds us to not neglect our need to slow down. Reconnecting with nature is
Cynthia Corral
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This book is SO CHARMING, and I’ve already put my money where my mouth is and have pre-ordered it. I need this book in my life!

This is like a book of daily affirmations using connections to Nature. Some days have an explanation of something in Nature and then one small, easy task. Hug a tree. Go on a hike. Test your soil. Draw a picture. Some of the days go in a series: collect soil in jars; pour water over the soil; inhale the aroma. Everything is accompanied by the cutest little drawings.
Karen
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
"The thing with humans is that we systematically underestimate how good nature makes us feel, while at the same time, we overestimate how good we feel when indoors. Scientists call these flaws in our predictions "forecasting errors." The problem is that we base our actions on these flawed forecasting skills. We choose comfort, only for it to make us feel bored in the end."

I picked this book because it has the three things I love: art, mindfulness and nature. One of my goals for 2020 is to be out
June
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ng
Very cute journal with various kinds of nature illustrations and prompts for writing short entries. Would make a nice gift.

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for a digital ARC.
Kay
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Nature Tonic is a wonderfully magical book that gives you everything you need to discover, or rediscover, the beauty of nature. The book fills you with inspiration and almost pushes you out the door to go and explore the world around you. Beautiful drawings coupled with great tips and facts make this book an excellent read. It also has a strange calming effect, when you can focus on something so simple as nature, yet so filled with wonder and possibilities. This book is an excellent way to get ...more
Richelle Rodarte
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book on slowing down and recognizing the beauty all around us. The perfect way to recharge and renew our thoughts and mind by staying connected to nature. I love this book and will refer to it often. I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review.
Nicolet Groen
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-bookshelf
Nature Tonic got me! I received a digital advanced readers copy for an honest review but, this is one of the books that I want in hard copy. The whimsical illustrations are lovely, it is well written with many small facts about nature meanwhile inspiring the reader to really observe nature. A wonderful combination of mindfulness, creativity and the way it makes us look at nature as a child.

• Inspired Artist: Draw Every Little Thing: Learn to draw more than 100 everyday items, from food to fashion
  • The World at Night: Spectacular photographs of the night sky
  • Art Starts in the Heart: Creative projects and inspirational ideas for learning to make expressive, mindful art
  • Seeking Slow: Reclaim Moments of Calm in Your Day
  • The Family-Friendly Keto Instant Pot Cookbook: Delicious, Low-Carb Meals You Can Have On the Table Quickly & Easily
  • The Little Women Cookbook: Tempting Recipes from the March Sisters and Their Friends and Family
  • Modern Sourdough: Sweet and Savoury Recipes from Margot Bakery
  • Find Your Mantra: Inspire and Empower Your Life with 75 Positive Affirmations
  • 10-Minute Tidy Home: Hundreds of Easy Tips to Straighten and Clean Every Room of Your House
  • The Big Brain Teasers Book for Kids: Boredom Busting Math, Picture and Logic Puzzles (Woo! Jr. Kids Activities Books)
  • Ultimate Slime Extreme Edition: 100 New Recipes and Projects for Oddly Satisfying, Borax-Free Slime -- DIY Cloud Slime, Kawaii Slime, Hybrid Slimes, and More!
  • 10-Minute Declutter: Hundreds of Tips to Organize Every Room of Your House
  • The Ritual Yearbook
  • Art in a Box: 30 Creative Projects in Mixed-Media Assemblage
  • Simply Spaced: Clear the Clutter and Style Your Life
  • 10-Minute Feng Shui: Hundreds of Easy Tips and Techniques for Prosperity, Health, and Happiness
  • Urban Aviary: A modern guide to city birds