Start by marking “One Wild Christmas” as Want to Read:
One Wild Christmas

One Wild Christmas

(Life in the Wild)

Best friends the bear, the moose and the beaver have been so busy getting ready for Christmas, they have forgotten the most important decoration of all - the Christmas tree! Rushing through the snowy forest, they reject one tree after another. And then they spot it. A pine tree that is just the right size, with soft needles and a wonderful scent - it's perfect! But just as ...more
Published September 3rd 2019 by Kids Can Press

To ask other readers questions about One Wild Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Wild Christmas

Etienne
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Strange book that look very very homemade in the illustrations parts. The story has some funny part but in the end a bit meaningless for my liking!
La Coccinelle
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, children, netgalley
I've read all five of the other books in this series, so when I saw that there was a Christmas title, I knew I had to give it a try. It's filled with humour and heart, just like the other books, but this one has a decidedly wintry flavour.

The bear, the moose, and the beaver are preparing for Christmas at their cabin in the woods. They cook, wrap presents, hang stockings, and decorate... but when it comes time to trim the tree, they realize they don't have one! So they grab their sled
Carla Johnson-Hicks
One Wild Christmas is the latest in the Life in the Wild children's series. These are the stories of Moose, Beaver and Bear, who are great friends. This is their Christmas story. They are busy getting ready for Christmas, when they realize they don't have a tree. Off they go with their toboggan to find and bring back the perfect tree. They finally find the one they all like, but they encounter a problem. Bear and the little red bird that is also in these books, do not want them to cut down the t ...more
Tarissa
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute and quirky! This "wild" book is about three animal friends who are trying to plan a perfect Christmas together. The illustrations are bright and funny. The story is compelling... the antics are rather adorable.

Overall, I was pleased with this children's picture book. Would definitely recommend it.
Theediscerning
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Don't just think this is a token Christmas entry into an ongoing series – that is, of course, if you even realised there are another five or so titles to buy elsewhere. No, this is a lot better than that – a perfectly charming tale of three diverse friends who have a hiccup when it comes to Christmas, for the bear refuses to let the beaver gnaw the perfect tree down just for a party. Good humour, simple but effective design and a pleasant story make this one seasonal book to consider. And if the ...more
Lauren Paletta
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Not at all what I was expecting. This is a story about moose, beaver and bear and their Christmas together, which starts out easy going and full of fun, until... Where is the Christmas tree?! The most important decoration for Christmas. The rest of the tale is their adventure to find a Christmas tree and what transpires along the way. A silly read.
#Netgalley
Char (lunarchar_)
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, owned
AD|ARC|GIFTED

Is it too early to read Christmas books? (The correct answer is never!). This is a super wholesome book and funny in parts along with having a real sense of adventure which children’s book often lack. The illustrations were also amazing!
Pop Bop
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I Love These Guys

Ever since they went "Up the Creek" I've been a fan of Beaver, Moose and Bear, (and silent Bird). Along with Sam Garton's "Otter" I think of them as essential kid picture book pals.

The thing about picture books is that they are pretty spendy. You can't just buy a whole bunch of them without giving the expenditure some thought. And, I'm amazed at how many picture books either have unappealing characters or dicey messages that leave you scratching your head
Jennifer Fischer
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
One Wild Christmas is about a bear, a moose, and a beaver that love Christmas. They are preparing for the holiday by doing many of the traditional activities, such as hanging stockings and making a meal. Then, they realize that nobody got a Christmas tree! They go on the hunt for the perfect tree and finally find one. The only problem is that Bear refuses to allow Beaver and Moose to cut the tree down. Bear comes up with a different solution that Beaver and Moose go along with and the three frie ...more
Becky B
Bear, Moose, and Beaver are getting ready for Christmas. They have just about everything prepared for their Christmas celebration, but they forgot one thing…a Christmas tree! They dash out in search of a perfect tree, and when they eventually find one a disagreement erupts among the friends. Beaver has no qualms about cutting down trees, but Bear wants to keep it alive. What are they to do?

Adults may want to talk to kids about less dramatic ways of getting your friends to calm down a
Jess
I received a copy of this book from the publisher on NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I seriously love Nicholas Oldland's books, and this one is no different! One of my go-to last-minute "oh crap a class is coming to the library what should I read" books is Big Bear Hug, and I can easily see this one being my go-to for the Christmas season!

This one is just as awesome as the others. One of the best things about Nicholas Oldland's books is the illustrations. They'
Vonda
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bear, beaver and moose were excitedly preparing for Christmas. They hung the lights, cooked a wonderful meal and wrapped up the presents. Next they searched for a Christmas tree. When they found the perfect tree, bear realized they just couldn’t cut it down. He came up with a unique solution.

The illustrations are bright and cheerful. My only complaint is that one page shows that bear tied up beaver and moose to prevent them from cutting down the tree. I know it’s meant to be silly, and I don’t
BreeAnn
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute book with adorable illustrations. A bear, moose, and beaver are friends and are getting ready to celebrate Christmas. They do all the decorating and forget they do not have a tree. They go searching for one and the story unfolds from there. I would have liked to see a little more about their celebration once they have a resolution, but overall, this was an adorable book for the holidays.
Reading Mom.me
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Following 3 unlikely friends Bear, Moose and Beaver on their latest adventure A Wild Christmas. The 3 friends were all ready for Christmas when they realized they forgot a Christmas tree off they go to find the perfect tree to complete their Christmas Traditions.
Such a cute Story and a great addition to our Christmas story books. The illustrations are simple but bright and completely adorable. A short but sweet story my kids loved.
Shauna Roth
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
We have a number of Bear/Moose/Beaver books in our school library, in English and Mandarin, and are always signed out. I like what Oldland did with this story… Saving trees is an important lesson to teach children, and these three critters figured out how to celebrate Christmas as well as be kind to the environment. I’m sure this book will be signed out the whole month of December every year. Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC.
Amber Webb
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love books about Christmas catastrophes and this was no exception. Three friends love Christmas, but they forgot the most important part...the tree! What will they do when they all fall in love the with perfect tree but can't decide just how to use it? The illustrations match the story perfectly and had me laughing out loud!
Hannah Crull-sher
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
A kinda cute story about three friends trying to create the perfect Christmas. I liked that they bear got creative when he realized he didn't want to cut down the tree, but I would've greatly preferred if they'd figured it out together rather than bear figuring it out while his friends were tied to the tree.
Leah Horton
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love a good Christmas story. This one was great! The illustrations were so bright and crisp. The animals were pretty funny together while they tried to solve their Christmas tree problem. I really loved the ending, everyone was happy and no one got hurt.
Ms.Gaye
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another hilarious Canadian adventure from Nicholas Oldland! Bear, moose, and beaver love everything about Christmas...but when it comes to finding the perfect tree, bear and beaver disagree. In the end bear saves the day! Ages 3-6.
Amanda Sanders
Aug 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is cute but predictable. It tells about animals who need a Christmas tree. I like the "green" theme of the story. It is good for a quick, Christmas read with PreK/K children. It is a good choice if you are looking for a nondenominational Christmas story for reading to school children.
Engel Dreizehn
ARC Copy...If you're familiar with this guy's works at Hatley...you can probably guess whats going to happen. Zany Christmas fun with an environmental message too!
Melanie
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bear, moose and beaver just make me happy. I love the drawings.
Amanda Geske
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
“But to the bear’s horror, the beaver went to chop down the tree.”
Kristin
One Wild Christmas was a sweet and charming picture book about Christmas and one gets into the Christmas spirit quite easily with this book.
Heather Bennett
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One Wild Christmas is a fantastic children's book that I must buy for a friend. A wonderful story and characters.
Susan Underbrink
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A big thank you to NetGalley and Kids Can Press for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. This is a children's book. Three friends Love Christmas but forget the tree. Finally found the perfect tree. Bear fights for the tree but comes up a a unique compromise. I found it to be cute. Friends disagree, but a solution was found. Positive resolution, I rate it 4 stars.
Olga Barnes
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book! I absolutely identify with the Bear! Even though I had real trees growing up, as an adult, I can't quite justify cutting down a tree just for several days! The illustrations are fun and the way that Bear solved the problem does seem to make for a perfect Christmas!
Dylan Teut
Aug 23, 2019
Rebecca
Sep 02, 2019
Sarah Aucoin
Jul 15, 2019
Nicholas Oldland earned a degree in Fine Arts at Mount Allison University in New Brunswick, Canada and enjoyed success as a commercial artist and filmmaker before taking up the role of Creative Director at Hatley, a popular apparel company.

Life in the Wild (6 books)
  • Big Bear Hug