Start by marking “Bruce's Big Storm” as Want to Read:
Bruce's Big Storm

Bruce's Big Storm

(Mother Bruce #5)

Bruce's home is already a full house.

But when a big storm brings all his woodland neighbors knocking, he'll have to open his door to a crowd of animals in need of shelter-whether he likes it or not.

Readers will love this next installment of the uproarious, award-winning Mother Bruce series.
Published September 3rd 2019 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Bruce's Big Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bruce's Big Storm

Start your review of Bruce's Big Storm
Calista
Bruce is becoming one of my favorite series right now. He’s a grumpy curmudgeon. He doesn’t like his neighbors because they bother him constantly, popping in for this or that. Well, a big storm hits and all the neighbors want to stay with Bruce. Of course he’s not happy about it and sits reading by himself the whole time, but soon the whole neighborhood is taking shelter at Bruce’s home. His friends love it.

There is a rabbit rescue that takes place involving the whole neighborhood. The communit
Colby Sharp
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book, 2019
I can't get enough Bruce.
Abigail
Oct 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Mother Bruce
Shelves: storms, picture-books
That curmudgeonly bear Bruce returns in this fifth picture-book devoted to his adventures - the sixth, if one counts the related Be Quiet! - determined to ride out the big storm in solitude and peace. Unfortunately for him, the poor weather brings a steady stream of neighbors seeking refuge, and soon his home is overrun. Bruce isn't thrilled, and he's even less pleased when a tree falls and damages his home. Then all of his unexpected guests return the next day, and help to repair the damage ...more
Margie
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We have had stormy weather headed our way for the past several evenings. Even before the sky sent us gray-cloud messages, the signs were there. Parents, educators and humans with canine companions are keenly aware of the advance notice children and dogs give us. Their behavior is downright squirrely. When you combine this with the full moon tonight, any semblance of normal is blown away.

Trying to navigate through tempestuous personalities indoors and rain, thunder, lightning and gusts of wind o
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Grumpy Bruce is forced to take in his neighbors during a big storm. Bruce goes out in the storm to rescue some of his neighbors, and it ends up taking all the animals to save Bruce and those he was trying to rescue. A tree falls on Bruce's house, and all the neighbors come to repair Bruce's home.

A lovely story of community and friendship, even offered to those who fall on the side of desiring isolation.
Keira Dominguez
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Neighbors were loud. They were always interrupting... And pestering. Worse still, neighbors lived all over Bruce's neighborhood."
🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡
Some of you may remember that I recently reviewed 'We Don't Eat Our Classmates' by Ryan T. Higgins. When I spotted another of his books at Costco, 'Bruce's Big Storm', I knew I had to get it.
💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰
My sister talked me into buying 'Bruce's Big Move' last year but I didn't put the author together with the dinosaur book. Now I am a full-on Ryan T. Higgins f
Alex
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime
I love this whole series.

Bruce is just such a good person, and so grumpy, and so antisocial, and everyone in his life just totally accepts that about him and still helps him like he helps them, not needing him to be friendly-nice to see him as a good person, and it's JUST. SO. PERFECT.

/UGH/

I mean it. I love this series SO much, particularly for how it divests the idea of 'friendly' from 'good'. You don't have to be the gregarious people-pleasing bucket of smiles to be a good person, and I think
KC
Bruce does not like his neighbors, but after a terrible storm hits, everyone in the area comes to his house, looking for safe shelter.
Lina
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aw Bruce. I’m just realizing that there are more Bruce books! I love this book because of all the cute little critters. The funny little comments they make. That Bruce let’s them all in his home despite his desire for isolation, makes me remember the power of community and connection that we are missing so sorely right now. I love that his neighbors care about him and push themselves into his life even though he acts like he doesn’t want company.
Lynn Plourde
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Things get stormy for our favorite curmudgeon Bruce. Why would a curmudgeon even have neighbors? And who do those neighbors think they are crashing Bruce's place during a big storm? And why would one of them arrive late after the storm has started and have to be rescued. Bah! Humbug! Bruce just wants to be left alone. But YOU won't want to leave this book alone . . . beyond delightful!
Becky B
Grouchy Bruce is not thrilled about all his neighbors, but they sure love him. When a big storm hits the area, many of the neighbors come to Bruce's door for shelter and he begrudgingly lets them in. And when disaster strikes, Bruce finds himself in store for plenty of neighborly kindness whether he wants it or not.

A cute story about a community coming together to help out those in need. I love the facial expressions in the illustrations. Higgins knows how to do things just right for smiles and
Stacy Renee  (LazyDayLit)
We return to Soggy Hollow and its' woodland inhabitants in this whirlwind story about our favorite grumpy bear, Bruce!

Bruce is a bear that does not like neighbors. Unfortunately for him, he has many of them, including a trio of mice that haven't quite learned about boundaries.

When a big storm hits his corner of the forest, everyone ends up waiting it out at Bruce's house!
Of course, Bruce isn't too thrilled about any of it!

This is the fifth book in the Mother Bruce series, (sixth if you're counti
Deb
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-alena
I'm sure I've read other Bruce books. I love this grumpy bear! I relate to his introversion. His neighbors are delightfully obnoxious, friendly, and helpful. This one made me laugh out loud. This was the favorite of the books I've recently read to Alena.
Rian *fire and books*
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This isn’t a surprise to me, I completely adore this world. An easy 5 star read.
Kathryn
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
Bruce is my spirit animal. Another delightfully grumpy adventure.
Carolyn Stover
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
To read it is to love it ❤️
Viviane Elbee
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
The books in the Bruce series are pretty funny. The kids laughed at this one, especially at the umbrella scene!
Chance Lee
Sep 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-it
I wonder if Bruce's hatred of neighbors comes from a lifetime of living with manipulative users with boundary issues like mine do.
Allison
I love this grumpy ol' bear.
Beverly
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He's back and he's grumpier than ever! Great fun read!
Margaux
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bruce will never not get five stars from me.
Linda
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another big hit in the Bruce series. the Students loved the message of community
Mary-Jane
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
I love Bruce's character! This one does not disappoint.
Heather Johnson
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another fantastic book about Mother Bruce and how he survived the big storm, even though he was surrounded by his pesky neighbors!
Dianna
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I felt I could really relate to Bruce tonight after a long day taking care of sick children. Poor guy just needs some quiet time.
Jenni Heins
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a step up from some of the previous Bruce titles...but, of course, the first is the best!
Karen
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
A storm brings all of Bruce's neighbors into his home to weather the wind and rain together. A mouse sees a bunny struggling in the storm and grabs Bruce's favorite umbrella to rescue the rabbit. Unfortunately he is swept away by the storm via the wind pushing on the umbrella. Bruce grabs the mouse but even his enormous weight is not enough, and the three of them a tugged up toward tree. The animals in Bruce's cabin form a chain to pull them safely home. Their peace is broken again when a tree b ...more
Jessica
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Chubby, moody, introverts have the perfect mascot in Bruce. He just loves his peace and quiet and chaos-free days. Yet, he is surrounded by those mini imps who cause the trouble and the neighbors who follow the imps into the chaos of frying pan ball and card games. The chaos magnifies when the neighborhood comes to Bruce's house to ride out a bad storm. Oh no! There's still someone outside! HERO MISSION.

During the raging storm outside, the rising din inside, and the calm afterwards, there is tea
Lydia
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bruce's neighbors are at it again; visiting and talking with him and being neighborly! But then a big storm starts to blow in and a couple neighbors ask to take shelter from the storm in Bruce's house. Before he knows it almost all the nearby animals are in his home, all except one who is struggling out in the wind and rain alone! Nibbs the mouse goes out to help but the wind is just too much, it looks like they will blow away, but then Bruce and the rest of the neighbors lend a paw.

This is a sw

Sharla Desy
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So I am sitting in the Pacific Northwest, anxiously waiting to hear how all my friends in North Carolina and Virginia fare as hurricane Dorian approaches them. And this book shows up in my mailbox. Curmudgeonly Bruce finds himself host to all the animals in the forest as they seek shelter from a big storm. They make themselves comfortable in his house and interfere with his peace and quiet. When the storm ends, they all return to their homes, leaving Bruce alone to deal with the enormous tree th ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Scarecrow
  • Who Wet My Pants?
  • Llama Unleashes the Alpacalypse
  • Llama Llama Mess Mess Mess
  • The Great Santa Stakeout
  • Grumpy Monkey Party Time!
  • How Do You Dance?
  • Pokko and the Drum
  • Truman
  • Five Minutes: (That's a Lot of Time) (No, It's Not) (Yes, It Is)
  • The Cool Bean (The Bad Seed, #3)
  • Bear Came Along
  • Snail Crossing
  • I Want a Dog
  • Unicorn Is Maybe Not So Great After All
  • Fly!
  • Kevin the Unicorn: It's Not All Rainbows
  • The Great Indoors

Mother Bruce (10 books)
  • Mother Bruce (Mother Bruce, Book 1)
  • Hotel Bruce (Mother Bruce, #2)
  • Bruce's Big Move (A Mother Bruce Book)
  • Santa Bruce
  • The Bruce Swap
  • Bruce's Big Fun Day (World of Reading: Level 1)
  • 1 Grumpy Bruce