Start by marking “Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Cursed Coven” as Want to Read:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Cursed Coven

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Cursed Coven

(Buffy the vampire Slayer #2)

The second installment in the original and action-packed Buffy the Vampire series that features Buffy Summers as a middle schooler! Told through comics, journal entries, class notes, doodles, text messages, and other in-world artifacts, this series is perfect for fans of Star Wars: Jedi Academy and DC Comics's Secret Hero Society.

It's finally summer vacation, but Buffy Sum
Published September 24th 2019 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Buffy the Vampire Slayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Start your review of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Cursed Coven
TJ
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the first book a lot, but this second one was STELLAR! I was so into it! The inside jokes for fans of the show are just so fun, and the retellings of certain plot lines for a younger audience works so well. The new characters are based off of the same archetypes as the original supporting cast, but they’re more diverse (specifically, the watcher is a girl, the Willow and Xander types are people of color, and there’s definitely hints of at least one of them being LGBTQ+). I was hoping w ...more
Mar 02, 2020 rated it did not like it
So, this was underwhelming for me. I think it walked the line too closely between the TV show (which I adore) and being it's own "thing." And that just didn't work. I wanted this to either pay full homage to the Buffy that I know and love (even the movie would have been okay) or be completely separate (like I feel the reboot will be). I kept trying to place Buffy's middle school years, because in the movie/TV show she doesn't actually become the Slayer until she is in high school. Add to that th ...more
Kris Ritchie
I still really enjoyed this, and I honesty believe the only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is that it has to avoid some of those themes and style choices the show and BOOM! comic can get away with because of their target audience. SO while to me it may feel like "Buff-lite", it really accomplishes it's goal of providing a kid-accessible version of buffy.

I still dig the humor, and love the subtle and not-so-subtle nods to stories and villains from the show.
Uche
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Buffy goes to summer school with Cordelia, oops I meant Melanie. Her best friend Willow, oops Sarafina joins an evil coven where a tentacle monster plans to resurrect from the Heckmouth and bake and eat the town. Shenanigans ensue. Also, there are evil twin vampires that play a minor role and seem to be set up for the sequel.
Krista
Jun 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I read this without reading the first. A reimagining if Buffy wherein the 12 year old slayer lives in Cleveland (the other hellmouth). It’s told in diary form and filled with the woes of a 12 year Old, but it’s still fun and entertaining. If you’re a buffy fan, read it for the call backs to the original show alone.
Jay
Really enjoyed it since I am absolutely obsessed with Buffy. It was a very juvenile version of the story but I enjoyed the little hints of "inside jokes" with the Buffyverse. Very accessible for younger readers and would be perfect for anyone remotely interested in vampires.
Vince
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this, it's a great graphic novel for tweens who know nothing of Buffy and the adult Buffy fan. The mystery isn't super hard to figure out but it will keep readers engaged. Lots of great jokes and gags related to the original Buffy TV show.
nidah05 (SleepDreamWrite)
Another good volume. Liking this series so far.
Meaghan Brown
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: btvs
A very cute kids novel about Buffy living in Cleveland. A nice sequel that will continue into a full series. It's nice for the kids to have a Buffy series to read that's not too much for them.
Radclyffe U-Haul
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, btvs, fcpl
-not sure why my library would buy this but not the first one?? oversight I guess
-wish they'd just gone whole hog and make the main character a different slayer
Jenny
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Fun! Buffy for kids! Not as enjoyable as the teen graphic novels but it's not like I need to choose one over the other.
Becca
Dec 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Didn’t enjoy this much as much as the first mainly because I found the plot easy to figure out pretty early in the book. I did enjoy all the little Easter eggs from the tv show in the book. Put a smile on my face every time. Think this series is quite cute.
Diana Brown

• Witches of Brooklyn
  • Diana: Princess of the Amazons
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel: Hellmouth
  • Go with the Flow
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 14: X Marks the Spot (Lumberjanes, Vol. 14)
  • The Lost Carnival: A Dick Grayson Graphic Novel
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 15: Birthday Smarty (Lumberjanes, Vol. 15)
  • Shadow of the Batgirl
  • The Okay Witch
  • The Breakaways
  • Star Wars: Age of Rebellion - Heroes
  • Karen's Roller Skates (Baby-sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #2)

Buffy the vampire Slayer (2 books)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: New School Nightmare