Start by marking “All the Little Lies” as Want to Read:
All the Little Lies

All the Little Lies

After a lifetime of secrets how far would you go for the truth?

An unputdownable new psychological thriller, full of twists you won’t see coming, from Chris Curran.

Your whole life has been a lie…

One email is all it takes to turn Eve’s world upside down. It contains a picture of her true birth mother, Stella, and proves that Eve’s entire life with her adoptive parents ha

Kindle Edition
Published February 15th 2019 by Killer Reads

To ask other readers questions about All the Little Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Little Lies

Barbie
Jan 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, netgalley-read
Unfortunately, I had to DNF it. I really tried to like it, but I couldn't finish it. I don't want to force myself to read a book which just not for me.

Why I DNF it?

The book has two narrators Eve and Stella. The two women have a similar voice. I absolutely couldn't distinguish them. If the author hadn't written who is talking at the beginning of each chapter, I would've mixed up all characters.
The story pacing was way too fast. I was so confused. I don't like the in medias res type of storyline.
Mandy White
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All The Little Lies by Chris Curran was a book that I did not want to put down, it was so good! So many lies and twists in the dark story that I absolutely loved. I thought I had this one all worked out but I was so wrong - and I loved it. It was far from predictable and keeps you guessing until the very end. If you are a fan of psychological thrillers you need to read this one - you will not be sorry.

Eve has always known that she was adopted. But when a friend sends her an email with a link to
Eva
Feb 15, 2019 added it
Review to follow on blog tour
Adele Shea
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like books that are from a few peoples points of view and All The Little Lies did not disappoint.
Stella, young beautiful and a very talented artist finds her life becoming a mess. After finding out she is pregnant she needs some stability and therefore moves into David (partner of an art gallery) and Jill. Soon it becomes obvious Jill would love nothing more than to be a mother.

Eve, knew she was adopted but when she find out her mother was a well known artist who died in a house fire in Italy
Nicki
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow,what a book, so many lies,untrustworthy characters. The twists and turns left you feeling so dizzy and in serious need of a lie down in a dark room.

Full review to follow on my stop on the Blog tour
Giulia
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hard to get through, I gave up at about 60 percent.
Shelby
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Eve always knew she was adopted, but her parents claimed they never knew much about her birth mother. Unexpectedly, Eve discovers that her birth mother, Stella, was a young artist whose art was featured at her dad’s art gallery. And what’s more, she died a tragic death not long after Eve’s birth. Eve’s father never told her this information previously and this omission felt like the ultimate betrayal. Although Eve’s parents were apologetic for keeping the truth from her, Eve got the sense that h ...more
Roma Sharma
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
This was an enjoyable read overall. The book is presented by 2 narrators, Eve and Stella. I like how well paced the story was and even better was the fact that the pacing in Stella’s and Eve’s narration matched each other. I did find that the voice of Eve and Stella is almost identical, given that they are two different narrators I would have liked it better if there was a more significant difference in the 2 voices. By the time I reached half way I had a good idea what happened in the
Marnie Harrison
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank-you to #HarperCollins and #Killerreads as well as #Netgalley for giving me the opportunity of being able to read an advance copy of this book.

A great read with a twist that I did not see coming! This is the first book I have read from Chris Curran and it won’t be the last. I was hooked from the start and I was caught between wanting to find out the answers but also not wanting it to end. So many twists and turns as well as lies and deceit kept me gripped until the end.

An email from a fri
Donna Hines
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Fast paced. Action packed. Characters who flip flop and piggy back off one another with similar voices making it difficult for readers to follow.
When your whole world is a lie? Do you run and hide or face the truths?
For me this was full of action and perhaps too much as Eve's world has been placed in chaos after receiving an email about her birth mom Stella and her adoptive parents which showcases the inaccuracies of her life.
Now readers must delve into Stella's dark past with Eve while placin
Lilly
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks Netgalley, Bookouture, and author Chris Curran for a chance to read this book.

Being a seasoned reader of psychological thrillers, there is always this fear of formulaic plots and predictable endings.

However, I was pleasantly surprised by this novel with its pacey gripping plots and engaging characters.
The plot is told from two main points of view through different timelines each pealing layers of secrets, deceptions and betrayals. Would definitely recommend.
Diane Merritt
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Had a hard time getting into this one. It did get better near the end so i am glad i stuck with it.

Thanks to the publisher and net galley for an early release of this book.
Joan
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Art students Stella and Maggie are totally different people but when they first meet, against all the odds they click and Maggie invites Stella to live with her, at a reduced rate, in the house that her now absent father gifted to her. They get on well although they are from different social classes; Maggie’s family are wealthy and Stella’s are right at the other end of the scale. She was mainly brought up by her lovely Nana. Nevertheless they enjoy each other’s company though; Stella is quiet a ...more
Billie Wichkan
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Your whole life has been a lie…
One email is all it takes to turn Eve’s world upside down. It contains a picture of her true birth mother, Stella, and proves that Eve’s entire life with her adoptive parents has been a lie.
Now she must unravel the mystery of Stella’s dark past. But what Eve finds will force her to take enormous risks, which put her – and her new-born baby – in immediate danger…

I don't want to give away the plot to you on this review. There are lies, lies and more lies in this stor
Jen
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-challenge
I've really enjoyed reading books by Chris Curran and when I heard she had a new title out, I don't mind admitting that I was quite excited. She has a beautiful way of creating characters that you become invested in and care about, whilst putting them in the midst of a twisting and compelling story. All The Little Lies was absolutely no different.

In this story we meet Eve, a woman who has always known that she was adopted but for whom life is set to become very, very complicated. When a friend s
Carolyn Lloyd
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I’ve never read Curran before but look forward to checking out more of her work! All the Little Lies is a gripping story with characters who all have something to hide. I enjoyed unraveling the connection between the two women the narrator follows throughout the book and found myself racing to clean my baby’s bottles while he napped so I could get as much reading done as possible while he slept. I HAD to find out who had done what. Leave it to my kid to wake up when I had just 15 minu ...more
Tracy Robinson
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this author never disappoints she just gets better with each book what a story the story is about eve and it is brilliant she is adopted but one email turns her world upside down twists greed lies this book has it all I figured it out halfway and quite sad in places tissues needed what one woman will do to have a child so cant wait for authors next book brilliant read
Monika Sadowski
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lies, lies and more lies. Eve knew that she was adopted but it seems that there is not much information about her biological mother. She started to discover the truth and it is not too good. Some surprising twists made me to really enjoy this book.
Tea Leaves and Reads
It took me a while to read this - for some reason I wasn't particularly attached to either narrator throughout (Eve or Stella). I also figured out the twist so for me it was a sort of 'oh come onnnn' moment. The build up throughout was good though as Eve started to unravel her life story whilst also moving into new motherhood herself. There was a lot of unresolved-ness about it at the end... Eve's adoptive parents for example...what happens next... it was all a bit too tidy for me.

Amanda
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was hooked from the beginning. Eve's parents lying about her adoption and how all the lies start crumbling down kept her intrigued from beginning to end.

The dual narrative was well written. You can feel distinct personalities between Eve and Stella while reading. The pacing was steady throughout the book except at the ending when everything comes together and I felt like I had whiplash. I still don't know if that was a bad thing or not. I think I would have like to have uncover the lies a lit
Kelly
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it

Just when you think you've figured out all the plot twists, another one smacks you in the face. This was an enjoyable read.
MeWriter
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good mystery about a woman who was adopted. She receives a picture innocently from a friend and it sets off a series of uncovered lies, twists and turns in the story. There is a big shock towards the end just when you may wonder 'when will the lies end'? There are so many characters that could be the "bad guy" but everyone seems to be lying and capable.
Michelle
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this story, both eve and Stella were excellent characters to follow. Did not see the final twist coming - loved it. What a twisty turny fun read.

Thanks NetGalley for the ARC
Jo Smith
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Some interesting parts, but overall a little slow for me.
This book follows Eve in her quest to uncover the truth about her true mother. Along the way she discovers that she has been told a number of lies about her past. This story chips and changes around telling the story from different POV, thewritimg remined the same tough, I have read books like this before, Wonder being one, which I felt was much better at utilising differs styles to illustrate the differences in characters.
There is an in
Sharon's  Reviews
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is told from 2 main points of view and timelines. Firstly Eve's, who is pregnant with her first child when she finds out who her birth mother was. Having been told by her adoptive parents that they didn't really know her birth mother (Stella) she finds out this is a lie and starts searching for more information on Stella who was an artist and tragically died in a fire.

The second point of view is Stella's, as we learn of her past and find out what lead to her tragic death.

Eve is looki
Kerry Clair
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Entertaining. Felt it all was a little too “perfect”. I can’t explain it but something was definitely missing for me with this book.
Shelby Wills
rated it did not like it
Feb 05, 2019