Start by marking “All the Little Lies” as Want to Read:

All the Little Lies

After a lifetime of secrets how far would you go for the truth?

An unputdownable new psychological thriller, full of twists you won’t see coming, from Chris Curran.

Your whole life has been a lie…

One email is all it takes to turn Eve’s world upside down. It contains a picture of her true birth mother, Stella, and proves that Eve’s entire life with her adoptive parent

Kindle Edition
Published February 15th 2019 by Killer Reads

To ask other readers questions about All the Little Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Little Lies

Start your review of All the Little Lies
Barbie
Jan 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf

Unfortunately, I had to DNF it. I really tried to like it, but I couldn't finish it. I don't want to force myself to read a book which just not for me.

Why I DNF it?

The book has two narrators Eve and Stella. The two women have a similar voice. I absolutely couldn't distinguish them. If the author hadn't written who is talking at the beginning of each chapter, I would've mixed up all characters.
The story pacing was way too fast. I was so confused. I don't like the in medias res type of storyline.
Mandy White
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All The Little Lies by Chris Curran was a book that I did not want to put down, it was so good! So many lies and twists in the dark story that I absolutely loved. I thought I had this one all worked out but I was so wrong - and I loved it. It was far from predictable and keeps you guessing until the very end. If you are a fan of psychological thrillers you need to read this one - you will not be sorry.

Eve has always known that she was adopted. But when a friend sends her an email with a link to
Dana-Adriana B.
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Eve wants to know more about her birth mother's life and death. It is a great thriller and I am glad I choose it. Thank you Netgalley for this opportunity.
Eva
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
After having really enjoyed Chris Currant’s previous novel, Her Deadly Secret, I was delighted to be asked to read her next offering and discover what devilish plot she came up with this time.

Eve has always known she was adopted. But when she receives an email from a friend about her birth mother, Eve’s world is completely turned upside down. Her adoptive parents have been lying to her for years and now Eve is determined to find out the truth.

And off we go on a thrilling ride with so many twists
Adele Shea
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like books that are from a few peoples points of view and All The Little Lies did not disappoint.
Stella, young beautiful and a very talented artist finds her life becoming a mess. After finding out she is pregnant she needs some stability and therefore moves into David (partner of an art gallery) and Jill. Soon it becomes obvious Jill would love nothing more than to be a mother.

Eve, knew she was adopted but when she find out her mother was a well known artist who died in a house fire in Italy
Nicki
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The reader is drawn into this gripping,riveting thriller by an Intreguing opening chapter were we witness the main character Eve sneaking away from the home that she shares with her husband Alex and their very young baby Ivy. Why is she sneaking away? Why doesn't she want Alex to hear her leaving? Where is she going?

Then we are taken back in time to three months previously when Eve received a email from a friend that contained a link to a newspaper story. The story is about a new exhibition of p
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
So, here’s the deal. I wanted to like this book. I really did. But, sadly, I didn’t. I mean it was a horrible book. There was some page turning suspense and wondering what was going to happen, especially the very begininng. However, the writing style fell flat for me.

One minute we were reading Eve’s part of the story and next was Stella, right in the middle of the chapters. Another minute we were reading about Maggie, Ben, and David and how they fit into the story. It got way too discombobulatin
Diane Merritt
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Had a hard time getting into this one. It did get better near the end so i am glad i stuck with it.

Thanks to the publisher and net galley for an early release of this book.
Giulia
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hard to get through, I gave up at about 60 percent.
Lilly
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks Netgalley, Bookouture, and author Chris Curran for a chance to read this book.

Being a seasoned reader of psychological thrillers, there is always this fear of formulaic plots and predictable endings.

However, I was pleasantly surprised by this novel with its pacey gripping plots and engaging characters.
The plot is told from two main points of view through different timelines each pealing layers of secrets, deceptions and betrayals. Would definitely recommend.
Rachel Sargeant
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the third book I’ve read by Chris Curran and she continues with her knack of writing psychological thrillers that feature pleasant, likeable protagonists.
By chance, Eve discovers something about her birth mother. When she asks her loving, adoptive parents for answers, she senses their evasions might well be downright lies. (In fact, All the Little Lies turns out to be the perfect title for this story.)
The storyline is easy to follow even though there are two timelines, one from Eve’s vie
Donna Hines
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Fast paced. Action packed. Characters who flip flop and piggy back off one another with similar voices making it difficult for readers to follow.
When your whole world is a lie? Do you run and hide or face the truths?
For me this was full of action and perhaps too much as Eve's world has been placed in chaos after receiving an email about her birth mom Stella and her adoptive parents which showcases the inaccuracies of her life.
Now readers must delve into Stella's dark past with Eve while placin
Hayley
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
All the Little Lies is a thriller about Eve. She is married and heavily pregnant when she sees a newspaper article about a woman that she knows must be her birth mother. She has been raised by her adoptive parents but has never been told anything much about the woman who gave birth to her. This leads Eve to start asking questions and the life she thought she knew begins to unravel!

I’ve read and enjoyed Chris Curran’s previous novels but All the Little Lies is definitely her best yet! I was gripp
Shelby
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Eve always knew she was adopted, but her parents claimed they never knew much about her birth mother. Unexpectedly, Eve discovers that her birth mother, Stella, was a young artist whose art was featured at her dad’s art gallery. And what’s more, she died a tragic death not long after Eve’s birth. Eve’s father never told her this information previously and this omission felt like the ultimate betrayal. Although Eve’s parents were apologetic for keeping the truth from her, Eve got the sense that h ...more
Roma Sharma
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
This was an enjoyable read overall. The book is presented by 2 narrators, Eve and Stella. I like how well paced the story was and even better was the fact that the pacing in Stella’s and Eve’s narration matched each other. I did find that the voice of Eve and Stella is almost identical, given that they are two different narrators I would have liked it better if there was a more significant difference in the 2 voices. By the time I reached half way I had a good idea what happened in the
Marnie | Once Upon a Time Book Blog
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Thank-you to #HarperCollins and #Killerreads as well as #Netgalley for giving me the opportunity of being able to read an advance copy of this book.

A great read with a twist that I did not see coming! This is the first book I have read from Chris Curran and it won’t be the last. I was hooked from the start and I was caught between wanting to find out the answers but also not wanting it to end. So many twists and turns as well as lies and deceit kept me gripped until the end.

An email from a fri
Amanda Mazzella
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One twist after another

I loved finding out things as Eve did. The ending was a big shock. I couldn't believe it and had to read some parts twice. Great book.
MeWriter
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good mystery about a woman who was adopted. She receives a picture innocently from a friend and it sets off a series of uncovered lies, twists and turns in the story. There is a big shock towards the end just when you may wonder 'when will the lies end'? There are so many characters that could be the "bad guy" but everyone seems to be lying and capable.
Tea Leaves and Reads
It took me a while to read this - for some reason I wasn't particularly attached to either narrator throughout (Eve or Stella). I also figured out the twist so for me it was a sort of 'oh come onnnn' moment. The build up throughout was good though as Eve started to unravel her life story whilst also moving into new motherhood herself. There was a lot of unresolved-ness about it at the end... Eve's adoptive parents for example...what happens next... it was all a bit too tidy for me.

Joan
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Art students Stella and Maggie are totally different people but when they first meet, against all the odds they click and Maggie invites Stella to live with her, at a reduced rate, in the house that her now absent father gifted to her. They get on well although they are from different social classes; Maggie’s family are wealthy and Stella’s are right at the other end of the scale. She was mainly brought up by her lovely Nana. Nevertheless they enjoy each other’s company though; Stella is quiet a ...more
Gordon Mcghie
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Eve is an expectant mum-to-be when a friend emails her an article about a young artist who created a brief stir in the art-world several years ago. The artist in question was on the cusp of greatness when she met a tragic end and died under mysterious circumstances.

Eve had never heard of the artist but when she looked at the photograph which accompanied the article there could be no doubt that this was Eve’s mother. She immediately wants answers – why did her adoptive parents not tell her about
Fall-Out-Book-Nerd
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was sent an eARC of this book from Netgalley to give a full and honest review.

For a thriller that turned out not to actually be much of a thriller, I actually really enjoyed this book.

This book centres around two women, Stella and Eve, and with alternating chapters we find out just how much their lives are intertwined and how history has a way to catch up with you.

Part of this book was set in Newcastle which is the city I grew up and and absolutely love. The vivid descriptions of the quayside
Billie
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Your whole life has been a lie…
One email is all it takes to turn Eve’s world upside down. It contains a picture of her true birth mother, Stella, and proves that Eve’s entire life with her adoptive parents has been a lie.
Now she must unravel the mystery of Stella’s dark past. But what Eve finds will force her to take enormous risks, which put her – and her new-born baby – in immediate danger…

I don't want to give away the plot to you on this review. There are lies, lies and more lies in this stor
Michelle Kidwell
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing

All the Little Lies

An unputdownable psychological thriller with a breathtaking twist

by Chris Curran

Harper Impulse and Killer Reads

Killer Reads

General Fiction (Adult) , Mystery & Thrillers

Pub Date 15 Feb 2019

I am reviewing a copy of All the Little Lies through Harper Impulse and Killer Reads and Netgalley:

It was only an email but it was all it took to overturn Eve’s world. In the email was a picture of Eve’s birth mother Stella, proving the life with her adoptive family was all a lie.

Soon
Bridget
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so thrilled to be reading this novel as it is set in my hometown in the North East of England.

Aside from the location, ALL THE LITTLE LIES was such an engaging, multi-layered and intriguing story. The author, Chris Curran's characterisation was brilliant and I liked the main characters - I was utterly drawn into their stories. I really enjoyed the many twists and turns of this dark thriller. This was a story brimming with lies, jealousy, secrecy loss and betrayal. I would recommend this t
Jen
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-challenge
I've really enjoyed reading books by Chris Curran and when I heard she had a new title out, I don't mind admitting that I was quite excited. She has a beautiful way of creating characters that you become invested in and care about, whilst putting them in the midst of a twisting and compelling story. All The Little Lies was absolutely no different.

In this story we meet Eve, a woman who has always known that she was adopted but for whom life is set to become very, very complicated. When a friend s
Carolyn Lloyd
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I’ve never read Curran before but look forward to checking out more of her work! All the Little Lies is a gripping story with characters who all have something to hide. I enjoyed unraveling the connection between the two women the narrator follows throughout the book and found myself racing to clean my baby’s bottles while he napped so I could get as much reading done as possible while he slept. I HAD to find out who had done what. Leave it to my kid to wake up when I had just 15 minu ...more
Monika Sadowski
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lies, lies and more lies. Eve knew that she was adopted but it seems that there is not much information about her biological mother. She started to discover the truth and it is not too good. Some surprising twists made me to really enjoy this book.
Tracy
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this author never disappoints she just gets better with each book what a story the story is about eve and it is brilliant she is adopted but one email turns her world upside down twists greed lies this book has it all I figured it out halfway and quite sad in places tissues needed what one woman will do to have a child so cant wait for authors next book brilliant read
Stephanie Percival
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a well written, well plotted mystery. I found the two voices of mother and daughter blended well, and because they shared certain traits it didn't concern me that their voices were similar. I thought the characterization was good, and clever ploys were used to keep the reader guessing. I will definitely try another Chris Curran book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Missing Wife
  • The Bride
  • The Doctor
  • A Face in the Crowd
  • Dead Inside (Maggie Jamieson, #1)
  • Should Have Known Better