Start by marking “The Love Letter” as Want to Read:
The Love Letter

The Love Letter

Fall in love with this endearing and adorable picture book that illustrates how a little bit of heart goes a long wayto making the world a better place.

Hedgehog, Bunny, and Squirrel are best friends. One day, they each find a letter. But not just any letter...

A love letter.

My word!

My whiskers!

Aww, nuts!

Someone loves them. But who? The answer may surprise you!

Celebrated
Published October 8th 2019 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Love Letter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Love Letter

Start your review of The Love Letter
Anthony
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
When best friends Hedgehog, Bunny and Squirrel find the same letter that was dropped at different locations, they all assume it was written to each of them. When they meet the next day to share their feelings, the confusion leads to bickering between the three friends. It's not until they discover who wrote the letter, and who it was actually intended for that the mix-up turns into a blessing for them all.
Emma
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my word. This was too cute. When Hedgehog finds a love letter it makes him feel cheerful. When Bunny finds the same letter she feels helpful. And when the same letter makes its way to squirrel, he feels carefree. When these three friends try to find out who really sent the letter, they learn that a little confusion can lead to a wonderful mix-up. I absolutely loved this one. The artwork is gorgeous, wintry, and super fun and works in perfect counterpoint with the story. Just perfect.
Lynn Plourde
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picturebook
The world needs more love, and this adorable picture book about mix-ups and love between friends Hedgehog, Bunny, and Squirrel is pitch perfect!
L.A. James
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute little story with a good message!
Olivia
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yabc-reviews
See my full review here: https://www.yabookscentral.com/kidsfi...

Lovely, endearing, and heartfelt, THE LOVE LETTER demonstrates the power of telling someone how much you care. Hedgehog, Bunny, and Squirrel are best friends. In turn, each of them finds a love letter stating how much they appreciate their friend. The letter makes Hedgehog feel cheerful, Bunny helpful, and Squirrel carefree, but importantly, it makes all of them feel loved.

At the end, they learn that the letter was actually
Margie
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bright and early yesterday morning after a rain shower, a discovery was made. A soggy letter was found in the middle of the road. It was returned to its rightful owner after a blurred address was deciphered. What might have happened if it had not rained and it blew farther away? Did the owner of the letter find it stashed on their porch? Are the contents important?

Whether you find a soaked message in the middle of the road or a written note placed in an envelope and left inside your dry mailbox
Rachel
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fabulous book! Let me start by quoting the first lines, “Hedgehog was late. He did not like being late. It further frazzled his already prickly mood. He’d been grumbling about it to the ground when …” Doesn’t that just make you want to turn the page and keep reading? Me, too!

This book is just brimming with adorable sweetness. The love letter – and the ripple effect it causes – make my heart smile. The three main characters are each wonderfully unique, relatable, and likable in their
Alex Onslow
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grade: k-6

Adorable freaking book. A hedgehog is walking and finds a love letter that makes him feel happy and cheerful and eventually drops it or misplaces it and the bunny he was talking to minutes ago, suddenly finds it and thinks hedgehog loves her. Then eventually a squirrel finds it and thinks bunny loves him. After trying to figure out who wrote the letter, and getting extremely mixed up and confused in this love triangle, the hedgehog explains what happened and everyone is feeling silly..
Amy
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cute story about love, friendship and feelings. Hedgehog, Bunny and Squirrel find a love letter, and each one thinks it's meant for them. But where did it come from, and who is it for? It'd make a nice read-aloud. If you need a Valentine's Day book with being Valentines-y, this is your book!

p.s. Great for your friends who love to put things in order and get anxious when they're not, just like Squirrel!
Sara Fajardo
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
As soon as we reached the last page of this book my daughter insisted we read it again. After completing the second reading she grabbed the book and declared "I love this book," and proceeded to walk around the house while hugging it closely to her chest. That night she slept with it. We've now read it dozens of times and we've only had the book for a week and a half. It never gets old. There are so much heart in so few pages, masterful storytelling. Definitely a fast favorite in our home.
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This reminded me of a childhood favorite, "Somebody Loves You Mr. Hatch." A hedgehog finds a love letter that he thinks is for him, and he acts cheerfully the rest of the day. Then he drops the letter and bunny finds it, then squirrel, etc. It was sweet seeing how feeling special made a difference in the lives of all the animals. Precious!
Ann Haefele
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This came recommended to me by a librarian at my public library. Glad I did not miss out on this story about kindness, which is just what is needed in our world. The results of kindness makes big changes in 3 friends’ lives. The illustrations of these friends (a hedgehog, bunny and squirrel) enjoying each other in the cold winter weather will have you smiling.
Connie T.
Hedgehog, Bunny and Squirrel each take a turn finding a love letter that ultimately isn't meant for any of them. The letter makes them each feel loved and improves their day. When they discover the true owner of the letter they feel disappointed and sad but Mouse reminds them that they have loved each other all along.
Kim
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Three animal friends mistakenly believe that a love letter is for them. It makes them feel happy and loved. When they find out it wasn't for them, they are dejected, but realized they really are loved! Great for valentine's day.
Maddie
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Three friends find a love letter in the forest and learn how positive words can improve someone's day.

I loved the art in this as well as the setting in the forest, and the letter itself was so sweet. A very sweet picture book on the power of lovely words.
Abby Johnson
This is a sweet story of animal friends who find an unaddressed love letter and each thinks it's for them. It turns their whole outlook around to know that they are loved by someone. It can easily be used for Valentine's content without being holiday-specific.
Tina Hoggatt
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Call me a sap but any book that points out how love can make a person feel and behave better toward themselves and others gets all the stars.
Brook
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful illustrations to go with a sweet love letter mix-up. I gasped when I came to the twist, it stole my heart.
Teresa Edmunds
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
The book is so cute. It was funny how the animals kept finding the letter and thinking it was for them. I am glad they became friends. I really like this book. (Laura, 2nd grade)
Melissa
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
What a cute book about love and how it can make one feel when they experience it.
Elizabeth
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely lovely book about how love makes you feel and what a change it can make. Beautiful illustrations and a sweet story make this an absolute winner.
Kathryn
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute and sweet
Melissa
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Cute story, could almost be seen as an introduction to random acts of kindness for younger kids.
Peacegal
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Aww! Sweet story about how love brightens lives and improves the way we relate to others.
Inge
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Too sweet.
Nancy
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spring-2020
Clever message that I know for a fact works...if you want to feel better, do something nice for someone!
Becky
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
perfect story of friendship and love
Jaime
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet story!
Devon Ashby
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this.
Brittany
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
One love letter creates a chain of events that all lead up to one big friendship.

• Saturday
  • Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story
  • Just Because
  • Home in the Woods
  • Birdsong
  • The Scarecrow
  • Please Don't Eat Me
  • Just in Case You Want to Fly
  • The Hike: (Nature Book for Kids, Outdoors-Themed Picture Book for Preschoolers and Kindergarteners)
  • Truman