Start by marking “Devil's Dance” as Want to Read:
Devil's Dance

Devil's Dance

An amazing new technology engineered to make people smarter, a series of gruesome murders, and a mystery so dark, it threatens everyone.
~~~
I'm a Nephilim, born of a fallen angel father and a human mother. This makes me special in ways I don't fully comprehend yet.

A war is brewing between angels and demons, and like it or not, we'll all have to choose sides. I've chosen the
ebook
Published April 1st 2019 by Evolved Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Devil's Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil's Dance

Sherry Fundin
It is the future, 2042, and he is a killer, a warrior for the angels in the upcoming battle between good and evil. He is a Nephilim, born from a human mother and an angel father, fighting on the side of the angels in the coming Great Struggle.

Technology…to the point where what you see is not always what you get. What looks all shiny and new can be a pile of junk.

Very interesting technological angle. I love a story that makes me question…Just because we can,, should we?

Then my conspiracy gene ris
Meenaz Lodhi
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“You have freewill to achieve true enlightenment. It’s up to you to exercise it.”
The battle between good and evil
religious aspects, controversial philosophical themes as good/bad, morality and ethics,mythological lore of angels and demons, mixed with advanced tech make up a volatile and indistinguishable reality, hard to control or live, an explosive combination hard to resist, making it a captivating, entertaining and enthralling read! Our protagonist, a converted good demon, faces all the cons
Ami
I throughly enjoyed Devil's Dance. It is well-written with great main characters. It grabbed me from the first page and kept me up very late. This is the second book in a series and while it could be read as a stand-alone why would you want to miss the great read that book one, Devil's Den, is. I highly recommend both books and want book 3 as soon as possible (please, Mr. Altabef). I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this ebook from the author and this is my ho
Lex Allen
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Devil's Dance" by Jeff Altabef is the second book in his Nephilim Series and features the first person account of Steven, a Nephilim, born of a fallen angel father and a human mother. Steven has chosen to side with the angels in a war against demons, a curious decision as he freely admits to enjoy his avocation… killing. Still, an angel promised him redemption for even God needed warriors on his side. In a sleepy, tourist town, gruesome murders are occurring and Steven has been asked to help so ...more
Deb Le
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another great book by Jeff Altabef. It's the second in the series, but can be read easily as a standalone. Beautifully constructed and written, this is a fast paced thriller that had me hooked from the first page. So many twists,turns and surprises in the plot - it's a real roller coaster of a ride. Great characters, and I love the mix between the whole angels and demons theme with technology. Great read.
Melissa Bean
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I chose a book series to read, I expect it to follow a familiar pattern. Book 1 introduces you to the world and a sprinkling of characters. You see some action and it concludes on just enough of a cliffhanger to wet your thirst for the second book. The next couple books are fillers; expanding the world, pulling you deeper into the plot but never really satisfying. That satisfaction is left for the conclusion of the final novel.

Devil’s Dance doesn’t follow this pattern. While the sequel doe
Andrea Stoeckel
“The angels call this fight the Great Struggle, but it’s a war, and wars require killing. That’s where I fit in. I’m a Nephilim—born from a human mother and an angel father—in my case, a fallen angel father. That makes me special and particularly effective at killing demons, or even angels if need be.”

Devil’s Dance is the second book in Altabef’s Nephilim series. I first found this author with other books he has written and I often “inhale” them and have to back to read them again. The ultimate
Kcduchess
Jeff Altabef has written a thrilling second book in his new series. The story is like a movie, so well written that you can see the images flash by as you read. And the storyline is just amazing, Jeff Altabef has done amazing work combining futuristic human enhancement, angels and demons...This book will have a tight hold of you until the very last page.
Kristen Lewendon
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Steven’s a man cursed by his past actions and those of his ancestors to be the tipping point in the battle between light and darkness. A man with the special skills needed to carry the battle, both those trained and those bred into him make him a hot commodity. A man with the ability to recognize the angels and demons amongst us, even though we’d call him crazy. There’s something about this series that makes me want to re-watch the Ghostrider movies. I also kind of feel like I should be watching ...more
Caroline Doig
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A war is coming between the angels and the demons and Steven has signed up on the angels side, he is a killer but he was told that he would get redemption if he signed up with the angels they needed warriors but Steven calls himself a killer. Steven meets up with an old friend who has told him about the murders which have something to do with Peterson Technology they have been giving these visors away for free to students, they let the wearer live in a virtual game which turns then into killers. ...more
Maria-Anne
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Devil's Dance is the second book in the Series and it can be read as a standalone but I do recommend reading Devil's Den first to have a better understanding who and what Steven Cabbott is.
Jeff Altabef has a great way to describe the ongoing war between good and evil with using characters from the Bible and mentioning of heaven and hell but without the religious preaching's.
Ones you start reading this book don't plan on getting much else done. It's a page turner and you can hardly wait to see
Maria
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC copy of this book and this is my unbiased opinion of it. I read it in one sitting, immediately after re-reading the first book in the series. It is a balanced blend of future tech, supernatural, thriller, and non-stop action. As well as being thought provoking, it explores the concepts of good and evil, the role of technology in our society, the widening gulf between the have and have nots, and what the consequences might be. An interesting and entertaining read.... with a clif ...more
Adena Lee
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author did it again. Here is another engrossing thriller (for fans of Tom Clancy or Brett Battles) with cyberpunk elements (for fans of George Saoulidis) with a complexly conflicted anti-hero (for fans of Andy Peloquin and Steve McHugh). It never ceases to amaze - just how does "The Man with No Name" just amble into town and get into so much trouble without even trying? And he still ends up unsure if good actually exists (even though he is the one who does it).

I received a free copy of this
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Unapologetically entertaining! Another thrilling installment of the supernatural series. I absolutely loved it. With the perfect balance of suspense, mystery and action there was never a dull moment. Things are definitely heating up in this angel vs demon war for humanity and I can’t wait to see where it goes from here and uncover more from our favorite sarcastic hero!
Lynda
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The ultimate battle of good and evil is coming and Steven is right in the middle of it. The Army trained him to be a killer, and now he's using for side of good. Chance brings him to a small town and an old friend has a bar. Just like that Steven is drawn into solving a murder and trying to save the town. It will grab you and keep you turning pages. I'm looking forward to the next book.
Ruby
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free in exchange for my honest review. This is the second in the series. Although, this is not a usual topic I read, I enjoy Jeff Altabef's writing and was pleased with this book as well. I look forward to he next book. I enjoyed the new characters, their humor and I really love Steven Cabbott. I am rooting for the feathered ones!!
Janeandjerry
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok this is the second book in this series and just couldn't get enough of it. This can be read alone or if you want to get more information on a few of the characters then I'd advice you to go read DEVIL'S DEN which is the first book in this series.
Kandy
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The battle between good and evil continues. I really liked the first book in this series and this second one is even better. So much suspense and really great characters. I hope the next book arrives soon.
Jackie
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic second book. Angels fighting demons, murders, what can be done. Even technology to make people smarter. Keeps you intrigued until the end. Ready for the next.
Emily Pennington
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
The “Great Struggle” is coming — a war between angels and demons for humanity’s future. Steven Cabbott, a Nephilim whose father was a fallen angel and mother was human, has chosen to fight on the side of the angels, despite his past history and fondness for killing. He also likes to keep on the move to avoid being tracked down by demons, so buses make the most sense, giving the ability to meander around the country with random destinations. But this time Steven feels compelled to take a specific ...more
Texas
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Devil's Dance #2 - Picks up where Devil's Den ends. While not necessary, you should read Devil's Den first; it's a series and you need the foundation and storylines to get a better experience reading Dance. Another job well done. Like Den, the well written, fast paced storylines keep the reader working steadily while the intriguing twists and turns give a rollercoaster ride through the pages. The author's imagination and talent for describing scenes, actions and characters immerses the reader an ...more
Jamie Brydone-Jack
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, paranormal
After the end of the first book, Steven wandered aimlessly for a bit. He comes to a small town and meets up with an old friend. There has been a string of grisly murders that appear to be a part of the battle between angels and demons. Steven has signed on the for the battle on the side of the angels; he is a killer half-angel who has enjoyed killing(!), but in this battle, warriors are needed.

This book is the reason why I always give authors a couple of chances to impress me. I read Devil's Den
Laure
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After his last battle, Steven has been wandering around the country. A few months and a bunch of buses, he arrives in the small town of Peterstown, where he will reconnect with and old army buddy, Joe. He soon finds out that there is evil present in the small town, smells like demons. He will once again be drawn into the Great Struggle, the war between Lucifer, his fallen angels, and God, with the angels that choose to fight for him and protect humanity. Steven and a small group of town resident ...more
Mary Margaret Devine
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Steven Cabbott feels compelled to get on a bus heading to Peterstown where he takes a job bartending for his former Sergeant and gets pulled into investigating a series of strange murders that have been happening in town. As he investigates he suspects demons are behind the murders and the new VR technology being developed. Mayhem ensues and Steve must stop the demons and protect the locals from evil. An enticing and interesting read. Once again this is an excellent book in this series. Captivat ...more
Barbara
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Devil's Dance picks up shortly after Devil's Den (and really should be read in sequence to avoid spoilers). This is definitely NC17 and would take probably a long weekend to read. My Kindle app was acting up so it took me longer than that.

Mark J. Mehaffey
Brad Hiner
Jun 01, 2019
bob masimore
Jun 09, 2019
Jeff Altabef lives in New York with his wife, two daughters, and Charlie the dog. He spends time volunteering at the writing center in the local community college. After years of being accused of "telling stories," he thought he would make it official. He writes in both the thriller and young adult genres. Fourteenth Colony, a political thriller, is his debut novel. Jeff has a blog designed to enc ...more