Start by marking “All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)” as Want to Read:
All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)

All The Rage

(DI Adam Fawley #4)

A teenage girl is found wandering the outskirts of Oxford, dazed and distressed. The story she tells is terrifying. Grabbed off the street, a plastic bag pulled over her face, then driven to an isolated location where she was subjected to what sounds like an assault. Yet she refuses to press charges.

DI Fawley investigates, but there's little he can do without the girl's co
Published January 23rd 2020 by Penguin (first published 2020)

To ask other readers questions about All The Rage, please sign up.
Carol I think Year 11 is how the school year that they're in is referred to in the UK. I believe it's comparable to Grade 10 and the students are usually ag…moreI think Year 11 is how the school year that they're in is referred to in the UK. I believe it's comparable to Grade 10 and the students are usually age 15-16.(less)

Start your review of All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)
Maureen
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
When teenager Faith Appleyard is abducted from the street, a plastic bag placed over her head, and cable ties used to tether her hands, she believes she’s going to die, but though she’s very badly beaten, luck is on her side that day, when sirens from a police car in the locality stop the abductor in their tracks. The strange thing is though, she won’t press charges. Now why is that? The next victim won’t be so lucky though, and so begins another complex but riveting case for DI Adam Fawley and ...more
Paromjit
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a cracking humdinger of an addition to Cara Hunter's outstanding DI Adam Fawley series set in Oxford. It might even be my favourite, although seeing how good the others were, I am not laying any bets on that just yet. It begins with Adam, and his wife, Alex, in a better place after the heartbreak and sorrow of losing their young son. Alex is pregnant, Adam is doing everything he can to make things as easy as they can be for her. However, this is crime fiction and their world is about to ...more
Peter
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vindictive
A modern police investigation thriller full of dark suspense and intrigue, with moral dilemmas that will rightfully propel this book to bestseller status. All the Rage is a crime drama that conjures a complex plot with crafted layers for puzzle solvers, facing surprise and misdirection at every turn.

Faith Appleyard is a teenager who was abducted in a van and brought to an allotment where she was physically abused with a bag pulled over her head and a clump of her hair dragged from the
Ceecee
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the previous three books in the Adam Fawley series so I was thrilled to receive this ARC and I was not disappointed. It is perfectly possible to read this novel as a stand-alone though. This case covers a some current issues such as gender reassignment and is handled very sensitively and with care. Young girls are being targeted and attacked. Faith Appleford fortunately is left alive but Sasha Blake is not so lucky. This intriguing case tests Fawley’s team and Adam in particular as it al ...more
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: When the minicab driver first spotted the girl, he thought she was drunk. Yet another bloody student, he thought, getting pissed on cheap cider and staggering home at all hours. She was a good hundred yards ahead of him, but he could see she was lurching unsteadily from side to side. It wasn't until the car got closer that he realized she was actually limping. One strappy shoe was still on but the other had lost its heel. That's what made him slow down. That and where she was. Out on th ...more
NZLisaM
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating, addictive, and riveting!

*UPDATE: Now available to buy on kindle.*

*Paperback Release Date: 23rd January, 2020. Mark your calendars*

Teenager, Faith Appleford, is discovered by a minicab driver stumbling along the side of the road in a distressed state – muddy, clothes torn, one shoe missing, with marks on both wrists indicating that her hands have been tied. She refuses to go to the police or a doctor, so the driver takes her home, and then phones in the crime.

When DI Fawley and DC's
Amanda
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read and loved the other books in this series, so I was looking forward to engrossing myself in this instalment.

Faith is found wandering by a taxi driver, she had been kidnapped, pushed into a van, had a bag forced over her head and her hands bound with cable ties. She is terrified but manages to escape and is taken home by the concerned taxi drive. Strangely she does not want to press charges or talk to the police about what happened.

Unfortunately the next victim is not so lucky. D.I Ad
Brenda
The driver was shocked to see the young girl staggering as if she was drunk; but what he found was far worse than that. At her insistence he drove her home but ignored her entreaties not to call police. Detective Inspector Adam Fawley knew they had to tread carefully, but the witness was concerned and that was enough for him. Faith’s ordeal was horrifying but baffling while Fawley and his team were struggling without her cooperation.

As the parallels to a case some twenty years prior started to a
Nigel
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc
First Cara Hunter - won't be the last :-).

In full
I'd not read any Cara Hunter books when I got this one so I wasn't sure quite what to expect. This is a tale about a teenage girl who is found wandering in a distressed state by a taxi driver. She claims that it was just a prank but the story she tells suggests something rather different. She refuses to press charges so one of the first things is to find out why. When another girl goes missing the case takes on additional dimensions. Is this a se
Helga
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: british, mystery, series, crime
The word suspenseful is an understatement for this brilliant book.
Another 5 star read by Cara Hunter full of twists, great character development and a riveting plot.
It is not only the twists and shocks that make this a 5 star book, but also the way the story is unraveled and the truth is revealed. The author doesn’t repeat herself and definitely does not make a fool of the reader.

A young girl is assaulted by an unknown individual. There are undeniable similarities between this case and anothe
Pauline
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Detectives are trying to find out who had assaulted a teenage girl but neither the girl or her mother will make a complaint or tell the police what happend.
I did not realise that this was the fourth book in a series and I have not read any of the previous books. I found this storyline a little hard to follow.
Thank you to NetGalley and Penguin Books UK for my e-copy in exchange for an honest review.

Rachel Hall
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fiendishly well-worked all-singing all-dancing police procedural with a well established detective team.

Cara Hunter’s fourth novel to feature DI Adam Fawley and his team at Thames Valley Police is, in common with the second and third books, a cleverly convoluted and thoroughly gripping mystery. The series reads as close to a realistic police investigation as can be imagined with up-to-the-minute developments factored in as they arise, recognition of the plentiful legwork of the job and with th
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
43518959._SY475_

This is book 4 in this series and the second book for me, I have now read book 2 and this one.
Initially, I was worried I wouldn't be able to follow along but that wasn't the case I think there is enough here that you can comfortably read this as a standalone novel.
Yes, there is some slight backstory revolving around DI Adam Fawley and his son's death but it is easily worked out and it didn't spoil my enjoyment having only read book 2 previously.
I am not going to go into the plot to extensively a
Eva
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It has been pointed out to me that I’ve been doing an awful lot of judging lately and I’m here to tell you that if you’re not reading this series, I’ll be doing it again! I’ll even add in some shaking of the fist. *shakes fist*

Set in Oxford, All The Rage is the fourth instalment in the DI Adam Fawley series and here is something else I say quite a lot : it’s the best one yet! That’s saying a lot because this series has been remarkably outstanding from the get-go and I don’t know how Cara Hunter
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
So we are already into the fourth book in the DI Fawley series. Can’t even begin to tell you how desperate I’ve been to read this. I have to admit I’m not sure if this can be read as a standalone and would probably recommend that you have at least read the first couple of books in this series before reading this one.

All I can say about this story is that it is one twisted read. I kept thinking we were being taken down one road when it comes to the case that Fawley and his team are working on, on
Michelle
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to receive a copy of All the Rage by Cara Hunter as I loved her previous books. This is the 4th in series and wow the quality of her writing does not falter. This is another gripping page turner, that caught my attention from the very first page.
Faith is on the way to school when she is kidnapped and then brutally attacked. She is picked up by a taxi driver, distraught but, she doesn’t want to press charges. Then another girl Sasha goes missing. DI Fawley sees the details of the
Sean Peters
My first book by this author,an author who has been on my radar for a while.

A great book, I do have a great dis-advantage, as mentioned first book by this author, so I has NOT read the three previous books in the series, it took a while to get used to the regular characters/personalities of the Police team!

Plus I am an avid supporter of 4-5 British authors with police procedural books, that are so good, Angela Marsons, Robert Bryndza, Patricia Gibney, Mel Sherratt, Carol Wyer, Sharon Bolton.

The
Liz Barnsley
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow.
Erica
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
All The Rage gets off to cracking start with an immediate hook, as a cab driver reports dropping a distressed young woman with torn and muddy clothing at her home to the police after finding her limping along a deserted road. When the team speak to nineteen-year-old fashion student, Faith Appleford, she confirms that she was grabbed off the street, a plastic bag put over her head, cable ties wound around her wrists before being taken to the local allotments where an attempted sex attack was foil ...more
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book reviews on www.snazzybooks.com

All The Rage is another fantastic release in the DI Adam Fawley series, continuing with the great characters in Fawley’s team and an intriguing storyline. A girl seems to have been abducted and assaulted, but doesn’t want to press charges. Then another girl disappears, and the team try to work out whether they’re connected, and what the first victim may have been hiding…

I really enjoy the multiple narrative structure in these books – the main narrator is Fawle
Stephen Donovan
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it

The next DI Adam Fawley thriller always fills me with anticipation. A gripping case full of twists and revelations that keep you turning the pages is an absolute guarantee, and it is no different here as I was wrapped up in another complex police investigation. That said, I was not completely sold by how things ultimately played out this time around.

One of the best things about this series is its continuity. By now, I have got to know the principal characters very well, and it is fun to
Adele Shea
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
On choosing this book to read, I didn’t realise it was a part of a series and thought perhaps it would be hard to get into. I was wrong and this book is most definitely a must read.

The whole book was gripping and quite simply edge of your seat material. I think it is great movie material.

I will now make it my business to read every book in this series.
Liz
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This latest instalment in the Adam Fawley series is fast paced and full of twists. Certain parts of the novel were quite disturbing though. I think the author achieves a good balance between police procedure and the private life of the characters. A modern thriller that will keep you turning the pages.
Emma Garland
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All the rage is the fifth book in the DI Adam Fawley series and it did not disappoint. Cara Hunter continues to keep each instalment fresh, dark and thrilling ...

15 year old Faith Appleford is spotted early one morning staggering along the street by a concerned taxi driver. Covered in blood with restraint marks and a broken shoe, she is upset and traumatised. After dropping her home, the taxi driver informs thames valley police of the incident and they begin to investigate. Was this a hate crim
Kate
Another absolute corker from Cara Hunter! I love this series so much and, as an Oxfordian, it appeals even more and the Oxford that is portrayed here is spot on. This is such a clever story and I love the way in which it's told, approaching it from every angle and from so many perspectives. It's extremely effective. The result is that this book is extremely difficult to put down and is utterly engrossing. Review to follow shortly on For Winter Nights.
Tracy Fenton
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to get a signed copy of this book from Cara Hunter at Theakston Crime Festival in July, but because I don’t read my signed books I just lovingly look at them, touch them, smell them and reorganise them in colour and size order, I couldn’t read the book until it became available on Netgalley – so my thanks to the publishers for my copy.

This is the 4th book in what is becoming my favourite police procedural series and starting this book is like sitting in your most comfy armchai
Thebooktrail
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Visit the Oxford of Cara Hunter here

Early review:
There are tons of police procedurals out there. Cara Hunter’s books have that something that make them stand out from the crowd. I say ‘something’, it’s more like some things as I’m not sure if it’s the compelling plots, gripping writing or just a feeling that the author is having a great time twisting your fears and messing with your mind as you read. Add to that a love for her city of Oxford where the books are set, and this series is a real wi
Vikkie
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Cara Hunter; her books are absolutely fantastic and I'm yet to read one that I haven't enjoyed. This is the fourth I've read and I've loved all of them, each one has been rated five stars by me.
I honestly think this will be my 2020 series of the year. Each book has gripped me from the very beginning and I've found myself thinking about them even when not reading them.
This one has been no different, I was hooked from the very beginning. Cara Hunter has an amazing talent of pu ...more
Jenny Hobson
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 ⭐
Well that was an unexpected roller-coaster!
All The Rage starts with DI Adam Fawley and his team investigating an attack on a young girl who is found by a cab driver at the side of the road. The girl is unwilling to talk to the police at first insisting it was all just an April Fools prank. Upon doing some digging the team think it may be a hate crime and then link it to an old case of Fawleys especially when another girl goes missing.
The story started off a little slow for me and it took a
Karen
Dec 09, 2019 added it
The story begins with a girl seemingly being abducted and subjected to a nasty attack. Luckily for her she is able to escape her attacker before encountering any serious harm. For her own reasons, she doesn’t want to co-operate with any investigation and just wants to forget it. Unfortunately when another young girl goes missing soon afterwards, this attack must be investigated further, especially as there could be links to a past case.

This is the fourth book in the series which has become one o

• Woman on the Edge
  • Criss Cross (Alex Cross Book, #27)
  • Take It Back
  • Postscript (P.S. I Love You, #2)
  • The Christmas Party
  • A Million Dreams
  • The Mercies
  • Dead Inside (Maggie Jamieson, #1)
  • The Roommates
  • The Quiet Girls
  • The Vanished Bride (Brontë Sisters Mystery #1)
  • The Empty Nest
  • The Family Upstairs
  • The Glass Hotel
  • Endgame (Fawkes and Baxter, #3)
  • The Liar's Sister
  • Truth or Die (D.S. Imogen Grey, #5)
  • Nothing Important Happened Today (Detective Sergeant Pace, #2)
Cara Hunter is a writer who lives in Oxford, in a street not unlike those featured in her series of crime books. Close to Home is her debut featuring DI Adam Fawley, and her second, In the Dark, is coming soon.

DI Adam Fawley (5 books)
  • Close to Home (DI Adam Fawley, #1)
  • In the Dark (DI Adam Fawley, #2)
  • No Way Out (DI Adam Fawley, #3)
  • The Whole Truth