Start by marking “Syncopation (Collaborations, #2)” as Want to Read:
Syncopation (Collaborations, #2)

Syncopation

(Collaborations #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  24 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Colt Boudreaux was raised in the Louisiana bayou and is gifted with a talent steeped in the rich and soulful New Orleans blues tradition. He makes a living as a session musician, playing guitar for anyone who needs him. When his manager sends him to New York, the Cajun is as beguiled as he is baffled by the energy of the city—and just as charmed by Kyle Alexander.

Kyle is a
Published February 5th 2019 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Syncopation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Syncopation

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Syncopation (Collaborations, #2)
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2019
Colt Boudreaux is a very talented versatile musician and Kyle Alexander is a ballet dancer and choreographer. That combination pulled me right in from the start.

It was such an enchanting, captivating, and charming read.
The writing was magical, the way they give music life and passion... magnificently done.

Colt is only in town for a gig, and Kyle wants to get his hands on him.
Kyle, progressive as he is, takes Colt with him, right into his bedroom.
Cole is so intimate it’s almost uncomfortable for
Kristin
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book blurb is quite accurate, so I won’t rehash the plot. This was a definite melding of slow moving Mississippi River delta meets the churning waters of the Hudson River. Back water blues mixes with contemporary ballet. Result? A languid read with the perfect amount of relationship angst to keep the plot and characters interesting.

There were a handful of things that detracted for me, so I’ll start with those. Pacing was a bit slow, something I remember from reading other BA Tortuga books.
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Colt loves to play music. He has his guitar and travels around where he is needed to play. As a studio musician he finds himself in NY working where he meets Kyle.

Kyle is a ballet dancer and uses the studio that Colt is in for additional music. He meets Colt and wants to get to know him.

I enjoyed the story that these authors wrote but found myself having a hard time with Cole's Cajun dialog. At times it had me re-reading parts to try to understand what he was saying.

When Kyle and Colt meet the
Kristina
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the sound of this book when I read the synopsis but I didn’t realize exactly how much I would absolutely love it. It gave me everything I wanted - it had my heart racing, had me on the edge of my seat, and I felt the heartache these two wonderful men felt.

Colt had this way of speaking that had me melting, the accent strong enough in the words that I could hear his smoky vocals well after I put the book down. I could picture everything so clearly, as if these two authors were right here
Samantha Ortega
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
FR- Alors alors…. alors j’avais déjà lu un roman co écrit par Jodi Payne et BA Tortuga mais on était dans un tout autre contexte. Cependant, le résumé m’a donné envie et je n’ai pas hésité longtemps avant de le lire.
Et je ne regrette pas parce que j’ai énormément aimé ce roman. Je suis tombée complètement sous le charme de Colt. Je dois avouer que le fait que j’aille à la Nouvelle Orléans au printemps m’a fait particulièrement aimé Colt même si c’est un personnage suffisamment fort et attachant
Kat
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Be prepared to feel this one. Literally. Lyrical and moving, I fell in love with Kyle and Colt's story.

The writing in the beginning has a fast tempo and I was swept away with it. The introduction of Kyle changes the rhythm and the focus so I felt the music and the dancing and the relationship all building and twining together until there was a stutter. Colt is dead tired from all of the hours put in making music and Kyle's dance company did not perform well. And then there is a big ole huge
Sarita Chapdelaine
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a great story with an intriguing storyline and amazing characters. It is well-written, emotional, sweet, has some angst and I fell in love with all of the characters. Colt and Kyle are complete opposites that have an instant connection. I love how their relationship develops and how accepting they are of each other and their differences. They have smoking hot chemistry and are able to be themselves with each other. When they let a misunderstanding push them apart they will have to decide ...more
Kim
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First, I have to say there was something just so sexy about a ballerina and a cajun musician.
I admit, my thought went something like " Cajun & NYC ballerina, suuure." But it works! Oooh Eeeh, does it work; until it doesn't, and then it hurts.
I try not to post spoilers, so I'm not going to provide sets. Just know the writing was well done and the characters alive!
Why a 4.75 then, you ask? Because I felt things with Kyle's parents seemed to be heading somewhere, building so to speak, and then
Cathy Brockman
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great collaboration!

Colt loves to play music, it is part of his soul. Kyle is a ballet dancer and loves dancing more than anything. When the two meet it is a perfect harmony. But Kyle is from money and Colt knows what it has been like to be homeless.
I really enjoyed this story, I liked all the characters. The storyline is good. I even loved the music and dancing. I especially loved Colt and his Cajun dialogue, it added a touch of fun to the story.
I hope we get to see Timmy's story soon.
Elaine Gray
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series by B.A Tortuga and Jodi Payne. They did a great job with this book also. I love how these two authors write such intense and emotional books. Colt and Kyle are opposite of each other as night and day but you can see the attraction for each other from the beginning. It's such a sweet romantic story and didn't want it to end. Looking forward to the next book from these two ladies.
CB
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An entertaining read. Not a lot of angst, lots of sex - a fun story about 2 unique guys who compliment each other in odd ways.

There are 2 books in this series but the only thing that ties then together is the roommate Timmy and New York City so really, they are more stand-alone (until a book about Timmy comes along?).
Stephanie
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is another great story by both B.A. Tortuga and Jodi Payne. I love how Colt and Kyle's relationship grows throughout the story. I just fell in love with these two. Such a sweet and emotional story that I just couldn't get enough of.
Zane Kage
Feb 05, 2020
Maria
Feb 13, 2019
H.
rated it did not like it
Apr 09, 2019
Amanda D
Stephanie P
Minkle
Feb 05, 2019

• Witchblood (Kitsune Chronicles, #1)
  • Other Than Honorable (Cabrini Law #3)
  • Risk Assessment (Cabrini Law #1)
  • Murder Aforethought (Cabrini Law #2)
  • Soft Place to Fall
  • The Rules of Gift Giving (Cabrini Law #2.5)
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • Trust with a Chaser (Rainbow Cove, #1)
  • The Coincidence
  • Summer Son
  • Witchbond (Kitsune Chronicles, #2)
  • Northbound
  • Northland (The North Novels #2)
  • Stay Lucky
  • Pretend You're Mine (The Protectors #12.5)
  • Cricket
  • Four Ever
  • Pure Bred (Shelter, #4)
JODI spent too many years in New York and San Francisco stage managing classical plays, edgy fringe work, and the occasional musical. She, therefore, is overdramatic, takes herself way too seriously, and has been known to randomly break out in song. Her men are imperfect but genuine, stubborn but likable, often kinky, and frequently their own worst enemies. They are characters you can’t help but ...more

Collaborations (2 books)
  • Refraction (Collaborations, #1)