Start by marking “Magnolia Road: A Contemporary Romance Novel (The Granite Harbor Series Book Book 3)” as Want to Read:

Magnolia Road: A Contemporary Romance Novel

(Granite Harbor #3)

On the outside, Bryce Hayes is satisfied with the structure of her life, her demanding career, and series of no-strings-attached relationships, but her brother bounces in and out of rehab, her mother thinks she can beat her son’s addiction, and her father is simply doing what he can to keep a semblance of “normal”. When Bryce’s father, Congressman Hayes, orders her to Gra ...more
Published January 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Magnolia Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magnolia Road

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“Regrets are for those who refuse change.”

J. Lynn Bailey has once again masterfully created another brilliant story to add to the powerful and addictive Granite Harbor series. Magnolia Road was a highly anticipated read for me for the simple fact that I know the quality storytelling Bailey showcases and the very real and raw emotion she always conveys, which has the ability to grab hold of me and not let go until the very last word is read. I cannot stress enough the immense talent in each a
Ashley
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Many thanks to J. Lynn Bailey for providing an ARC for an honest review.

The last few weeks have been filled with me getting lost in Granite Harbor, Maine as I caught up on J. Lynn Bailey's books Peony Red, Violet Ugly, and now Magnolia Road. It's been a long time since I've voraciously read a series and enjoyed sticking with the books throughout in rapid succession. Though each book in this series has enough similarities to make each book feel comfortable, the characters and their experiences va
Missy Ann
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 6-stars
"Just make sure you pick up the pieces, so the evidence is gone."

J. Lynn Bailey perfected another small town romance we all wish we could move to. I'd pack my bags today and head up the East Coast to visit Level Grounds or Rick's Pharmacy. Magnolia Road delivers all the feels we love while keeping your mind speculating what's about to happen with each turn. The giddy feeling you get on a first date, first kiss or the excitement of a new relationship is a feeling I kept through this entire book.
Shirley Cuypers
This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you J. Lynn Bailey!

First of all: look at the cover! I think that all the covers in the Granite Harbor series are so beautiful, I want all the books on my shelf!

Now let’s talk about the book. Magnolia Road is the third book in the Granite Harbor series and tells the story of Bryce and Ethan. Every book in the Granite Harbor series can be read as a standalone, but I recommend reading them all because they’re so good!

I ki
Talon
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Maybe,” I whisper, “maybe faith wins.”

I just cannot say enough good things about J. Lynn Bailey. Every time I try, they are never good enough to adequately explain how well she has perfected her craft. So here goes nothing...

The slow burn in this story was just how I like it. Consistent, well put together, and not overly dramatic. Although these two characters have met before- for us it feels like their first time with everything they go through. I really loved the author's approach and delicat
Tera
I think J. Lynn Bailey has her own special place in my heart. It's like she KNOWS I adore fabulous characters because the Granite Harbor series is packed FULL of them. Magnolia Road is no exception. The heroine in this book is Alex's literary agent and best friend, Bryce, and the hero is game warden, Ethan, both of whom we met in Peony Red and saw briefly in Violet Ugly.

Although this could be considered a second chance romance, it doesn't have that same feel to it as some of the other stories I
Amy Conley
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**I received an ARC for my honest review.**

“Regrets are for those who refuse to change.”
“Forgiveness is a tool we do not use enough.”
“Don’t live in fear; it’s a waste of measured breaths that we don’t get too many of.”

Happy New Year, New You to us from J. Lynn Bailey!

Magnolia Road, the third in the Granite Harbor series, continues to deliver sexy, emotional, small-town wish fulfillment, but also real societal issues, philosophy, and broken heroes.

First the wish fulfillment -- who wouldn’t want
Maria
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so good! It was a well written story that restored my faith in romance novels. It wasn’t overly anything. It was a great mix of everything I love about reading. J. Lynn Bailey’s writing was refreshing and stood out in an industry that sometimes feels over saturated. Bryce and Ethan’s story was realistic. And their timeline was very well paced. I appreciate the work she put in to make this book as awesome as it was.
Misty
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Regrets are for those who refuse to change."

I will say I don't regret picking up this author and plowing through this series. I can't get enough of these characters or the small town of Granite Harbor. A charming town and its people that wraps you up in a warm hug and doesn't let you go. And I will tell you I don't ever want it to let me go.

J. Lynn Bailey has perfected the slow burn in this series and Magnolia Road may have been the slowest burn of them all. Nothing ever felt rushed between t
Mari
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Very strong and emotional story. I have to mention there are possible addiction triggers here before anything else. It's more on how it affects those around those who have it though and how it affects relationships. I love these covers I must say all three are pretty colorful and vivid and they tie in to the plot.

This story like the previous has a second chance feel to it. Bryce and Ethan have their fair share of secrets they hide from the world. More so Ethan who has his walls so high,
Frances
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s
I'm a little annoyed with myself for reading these books out of order. No, you don't have to read them in order, but there are appearances by characters from old stories.
First of all, let's talk about the covers of these books. I am a sucker for a pretty cover and this whole series has beautiful covers. Simple, but perfect.
Now, the book. Bryce has been ordered to Granite Harbor, Maine while her father, a congressman, sorts through some threats their family has been getting. She does not expect
Libby Charlton
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by Author in exchange for an honest review
Another great story by J. Lynn Bailey! This is currently my favorite book in the series - I loved how raw and real the love between Bryce and Ethan felt. Both characters struggle with real life issues - Bailey does a great job telling these stories and keeping them real and relatable. This story had it all and drew me right in, this is definitely a must read!
Giselle
Feb 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: open-to-requests
Review copies available for requests!! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FA...
Rene' Seals
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magnolia road is the third book in the Granite Harbor Series by J. Lynn Bailey. The back drop of the four book series is a small town on the rugged coast of Maine – Granite Harbor. This is a contemporary romance series about a group of flawed thirty-something characters who navigate the back roads of Maine in search of life experience. I found this on the author’s website: “Lies Unfold. Integrity is questioned. Heartbreak is consequent. Fate can be a beast.” Each book is a standalone but they ar ...more
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-arc-reads
I just finished this steamy and suspenseful book. Phew...I couldn’t put it down. I absolutely love these characters whom I’d met earlier in this small town series. Ethan will break your heart with his good looks and broken, broody demeanor; and Bryce has just enough sass, boldness and beauty to turn his world upside down. This is a rollercoaster ride of emotional suspense as Ethan works through his military demons and Bryce is forced to face her past. My fingers have blisters from turning the pa ...more
Sandra
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, law-enforcement
Another stellar read by J. Lynn Bailey! Magnolia Road is the very emotional story of Bryce Hayes and Ethan Casey. Even though this is part of the Granite Harbor series, this can be read as a standalone.

Bryce temporarily relocates to Granite Harbor when her Congressman father is being sent threatening emails. Granite Harbor is a place familiar to her, her best friend Alex lives there and she had visited her and her family quite a bit so she was actually looking forward to the move and change of p
Brandy Roberts
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a good story it drew me in from the start I wanted to see what was going on with the characters and how they would find a happy ending .This would be the first book that I've read by J. Lynn Bailey and I'm excited to see what she has written and what she'll write . From what I've read some of the characters from previous stories by the author are mentioned . Magnolia road can be read as a standalone I wasn't lost there may be some minor spoilers from the previous stories but o ...more
Konny
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magnolia Road by J.Lynn Bailey is the third book in the Granite Harbor series. The previous books are Peony Red , Eli and Alex's heartwrenching story and my favorite read in this series;and Violet Ugly, Ryan and Merit's story.
Every book is about another couple and can easily be read as a standalone. There are a few cross-overs, you'll meet characters from previous books and I recommend to read the books in order.

Bryce Hayes is a literary agent, in her thirties, the daughter of a politican and a
Alana Pucci
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a free e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I bought the book in paperback when it went live because I had to have it!
Per my headline, "oh my goodness," this Granite Harbor series addition may be my new fave!! I could feel the attraction between Bryce and Ethan through the pages!! They were raw and real and relatable!! Fabulous job, J. Lynn Bailey!!
She touched on some very real issues in this one, drug abuse and ptsd. There was some really intense moments that revea
Gladys Avilés
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“The storm that rages in your eyes, is it just for me?” I nervously wait for his answer.
“It’s always just for you, Bryce.”

Every time J Lynn Bailey posts about a new book she is writing, I get excited and happy and count the days until it’s release, because this lady writes GOLD!
Granite Harbor is one of my favorite series EVER!
Every book is brilliant! She’s developed a family, amazing characters, fantastic plots, a funny and sweet town you can’t help but fall in love with.
Magnolia Road is book
Sharrice
Bryce is on the run. Someone is threatening her and her family. Going to visit some friends in a town where she'll be safe. She knows going back to that town will bring her face-to-face with the man she can't forget; Ethan.

Ethan has been struggling since he left the service. He's been stuck and living in his own personal hell since he retired. He doesn't know how to open up to his friends, his family, or the girl who captured his heart one night; Bryce. When she comes back to town to stay in hi
Annette
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received an ARC for an honest review*

4.5 stars for Magnolia Road!! Another great read by J Lynn Bailey! If you haven’t started this series (all standalones) you need to right now! Magnolia Road is the 3rd book and focuses on Bryce and Ethan. Bryce living in California relocates to Maine where Ethan works as a game warden. They have a brief past that nobody is aware of but with both living in the same state leads to them fighting feelings. I love the small town and all the characters this seri
Doni
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magnolia Road is an excellent book!
I adored the story, & thoroughly enjoyed reading it! It is the first book I've read by
J. Lynn Bailey, & it won't be my last.
It's a touching, steamy, & emotional story.
Bryce, has chosen to stay in Granite Harbor, Maine, till it's safe. Her family
has had threats made against them.
Bryce's best friend, Alex & family live there.
It is also where Ethan is.
Bryce & Ethan, had one beautiful night,
till he disappears the next morning.
Ethan, is now
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I loved this story. I loved getting to meet these characters. I loved getting to see the inner workings of Bryce and Ethan. Bryce is dealing the heartache of a one night stand that left her wanting more. But what she doesn't understand is that Ethan has problems. He is dealing with things that he neither wants to take about or deal with. Ethan has PTSD and flashbacks of his time in combat.

This story is deep and relatable. I love these characters.
Kari Hansen
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Bryce needs to leave California as her Congressman father is worried about the threats he has been receiving, she chooses Granite Harbor to be near her best friend Alex. The last thing she wanted or expected was to be renting a home from Ethan, the man who left without another word after they spent the night together.

Although Ethan has left his military career behind him the memories still haunt him. He now works for the Warden Service and was surprised to find out who his new tenant was.
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4.5 Stars

A beautiful story full of heartache, laughter, love, and a this constant underlying message of destiny. Bryce and Ethan cross paths because she needs a place to lay low, and Granite Harbor is it. He owns the house on Magnolia Road, and once Bryce realizes this their paths cannot be uncrossed. Throughout this story we follow two people who are have been broken in different ways due to their life circumstances, but who find something they need in one another. We have r pleasure of being o
Siddhi Nigam
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*ARC provided by Author in exchange for an honest review

Ethan and Bryce were all the feeeelss!
Magnolia Road, the third book in the Granite Harbor series is the story of Game Warden Ethan Casey and Literary Agent Bryce Hayes.
The book is another Second Chance romance by Bailey and I am in love with it! I love second chance romance and this one definitely has all the feels, the character development is strong with a strong heroine and a broken hero is made all the more beautiful by their insane l
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I wish I would have known that this book was part of a series before starting it. You do not need to read the other books to understand this one. However, after reading this one, I immediately sought out the others and cannot wait to start them!

Magnolia Road is captivating! I will mention that it hits on some heavy topics: PTSD and drug abuse. Some of the parts were very intense but I could not stop reading.

Ethan and Bryce have incredible chemistry and I just loved reading about both of them. I
Brianne Maffett
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Michelle Zapata
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Michelle by: I read all books by J. Lynn Bailey
Whether you have visited the town of Granite Harbor in the previous two books in the series or this is your first time, you will fall in love. Everything about the town welcomes you in, the location, the shops, the people.

This story follows the tale of Bryce Hayes and Ethan Casey and the mutual attraction they are both fighting. But they are also fighting their own ghosts. Bryce, a random stalker who is threatening her and her family and Ethan dealing with his PTSD from the war.

Maybe, just mayb
« previous 1 3 next »
J. Lynn is a bestselling author, mother, and wife. When she isn't running between soccer practices, working on another school fundraiser, or chasing a new puppy, you can probably find her holed up in her writing room feverishly working on her next novel.

Granite Harbor (3 books)
  • Peony Red
  • Violet Ugly
“What we tell ourselves, will ourselves to believe, the circumstances we create, the decisions we make, are indicative, I believe, of our hearts.” 1 likes
“The storm that rages in your eyes, is it just for me?"

"It's always just for you, Bryce.”
0 likes