Start by marking “Ms. Baker (Eastern Shore Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ms. Baker (Eastern Shore Series, #2)

Ms. Baker

(Eastern Shore #2)

She's done being friends

Ever since Jack protected Samantha from a high school bully, the two have been friends. But she wants more from the sexy firefighter. Too bad Jack has always seen her as the shy sweet girl, who can’t stand up for herself.

She can’t resist his boyish smile when he stops by the bakery for coffee. Or stop herself from bringing baked goods to the fire s
Published March 26th 2019 by Self-published

To ask other readers questions about Ms. Baker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ms. Baker

Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

New author. New book. New year. New chance. Lea Coll has a first time reader in me with this series and her and y'all... color me impressed with this book. Definitely a standalone yet super curious about book one, Ms. Lawyer! But anyways back to this book... Ms. Baker was quite the sweet and sexy friends-to-lovers, small town romance y'all, that kept me interested, all in my feels, and glued to the pages until the very last word.

A connection from high school is about to heat up in the no
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I have been anxiously awaiting the release of this book since I read Ms. Lawyer last year. This sequel did not disappoint! It was absolutely everything I hoped it would be!

Samantha is the local baker but wants more. She doesn't want to continue working for someone who doesn't respect her. Her drive to start her own business is admirable. Samantha is sweet, kind-hearted, and eventually learns to stand up for herself even though Jack is always there to stand up for her.

Jack is a volunteer firefigh
Mar 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF at 7%

I usually try to get to at least 10% before I decide not to finish a title.

Unfortunately, there was no way I was going to get that far into this one.

Reading it, unfortunately, is tough. The chapters and scenes jump quickly. The dialog is choppy with no flow to it and doesn't sound like a conversation between people.

By 7% in we've met the hero, the heroine, her awful boss, discovered her desire to be more than friends. We've discovered his father runs a marina that was robbed and didn
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
-Sara, 4 stars

I loved how the author made it so easy to picture what I was reading. I love a friend to lovers read and Sam and Jack are the perfect story! Their best friend type relationship turned couple had me fist pumping the air.
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 of the Eastern Shore Series and I loved this even more than book 1. This series can be read as a stand alone, but honestly, I think you need to read book 1 before reading book 2. It really is worth the time. The support characters in book 2 are the same as the characters in book 1. I can not wait to read more of this series.

This is written as a 3rd person, single pov. Like in book 1, I would have loved to have seen this as a multi pov, but still it was really good.

Strong story lin
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
A ridiculously fun, sexy and sweet romance with so many feels and an engaging story. I really liked these characters. A lot. They touched my heart and watching the heat bloom between them made my heart sing. The story is entertaining and sweet. A treat for the senses!
Carol
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Samantha was the baker at a bakery that was now being run by the owner's son. He was very much a jerk. She had been friends with Jack forever but they had never dated. Things progressed a little slow but they finally admitted their feelings for each other.. Justin (the boss's son) was up to hijinks - it was just hard to catch him. This story had good characters that I really enoyed reading about. I hope there are more books in the series

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am v
Deekay
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An enchanting and sweet romance that will make your heart warm from the very beginning to the end. Jack and Samantha has always been close since high school. Jack used to protect Sam, but now that they’re all adults, Sam wanted to show Jack that she will do just fine by standing up for herself and protecting herself without his help. It may take her a little bit longer to convinced him of that.

This story was unique and also a little bit different from most books, and I totally enjoyed it. There
Brianne Maffett
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Jack is a volunteer firefigh
Stephannie Tolitsky- Swoonworthybooks/EnticingJourney
Stephannie's 4 Star Review:

Samantha has worked in the same local bakery forever. She thought the owner would put her in charge when she retired but instead put her son in charge. She doesn't like him very much especially since he was the guy who bullied her back in high school back. He isn't always nice to her and makes her uncomfortable. She wants to start her own business baking maybe even teaching kids to bake by having baking classes. Samantha is a very sweet, kind-hearted, and a girl who do
Amalie_reads
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this sweet, cute, friends to lovers small town romance.

This was my first Lea Coll book and won’t be my last. Book 2 in the Eastern Shore Series. This can easily be read as a stand alone but I look forward to reading the first book in this series.

Samantha is a baker in the local bakery. The owner’s son Justin with whom Samantha has a history with takes over and makes things uncomfortable for her working there. Jack is the sexy firefighter who she has been friends with for years
Hayley
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Renee Entress
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, secrets, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Ms. Lawyer (Eastern Shore Series #1) by Lea Coll

This is Samantha, and Jack’s story. Jack protected Samantha in high school from a bully and ever since then they have been friends. Samantha wants more then friendship from Jack. But she is out to prove that she is all grown up and can take care of herself. She is going to prove she is
Kari Hansen
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Samantha did not have the easiest childhood, but her one escape was baking. She has worked at the bakery since she was 16 and she thought that when the owner retired that she would be able to take it over. Fate had other plans when Justin the owner’s son decided to take it over and they do not have a happy past.

Jack and Sam have been friends for years and he has always wanted to protect her. He is helping his father out at the marina and is a volunteer firefighter.

The feelings that Sam and Jack
Ga Books LoverX
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a light-hearted read that had some suspense and steam included in it!

Samantha has been considered a pushover for most of her life. All she has ever wanted was her parent's approval and to bake. She thought she finally knew where she was in her life when she was taking more responsibility in the local bakery. Until the owners son (Justin) steps in, the same son that used to bully Samantha back in HS and still even more now. She also has a huge crush on Jack, the guy she sees as a wh
Karan Eleni
Shelves: read-2019
Fun, light, small town romance!

Having lived in small towns most of my life, I'm a big fan of small town romances, so when I saw this one available on BookSprout from an author I hadn't heard of yet, I jumped on it. Cute romance, little bit chick lit, little bit mystery, and lots of baking! Right up my small-town alley!! Totally made me wish I was part of their group of friends!

Two reasons for four stars as opposed to five... There are a few steamy scenes, which aren't terrible, they just threw m
Sharrice
Apr 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Samantha has had a rough go of it since primary school. Her parents were either neglectful or overbearing and at school, she was bullied. Working at the bakery she still works for was her only escape in high school and the reason her parents no longer supported her immediately after high school.

Now Samantha is working for the guy who tortured her in high school. When her crush, Jack, finally begins to show interest but is nervous due to Samantha's past relationship issues, Samantha decides she n
Natalie Johnson
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This is the first book I have read by Lea Coll and it was the second book in the series. It was a sweet story filled with suspense, mystery and vulnerability. Both had grown up with families that weren’t the most loving and both had trust issues they had to overcome.

I can’t wait to go back and read
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Jack and Samantha have been friends since school when he used to protect her from bullies. Now Jack is back in town and Samantha’s feelings are definitely more than friendship. But how does Jack feel?

I can’t wait to go back and rea
Stephanie Smith
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a sweet romance that also had suspense and intrigue. A sweet shy baker and her long time friend and crush are thrown back together when he comes home to help out his father. The story has an intricate suspense plot and yet is also a light-hearted romance. It has interesting characters and whilst this is the second book in the series and can be read standalone; knowing the other characters will make you want to read book one too.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book.
Victoria
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book two continues after the events in book one and it's nice to see Emma and Luke still in love! Sam and Jack's relationship is a friends to lovers one and was sweet to watch unfold. They both are proof that our pasts and family shape us, whether that be good or bad. I enjoyed this book, I liked the characters, it had a bit of romance, friendship, love, angst, self doubt, crime and learning to be who you wanted to be and being brave enough to go for what you want.

I received a free copy of this
Sheila
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Samantha and Jack have been friends ever since he protected her from bullies at school but now they are grown up Jack is a firefighter and Sam works at a bakery. She is really attracted to Jack but he only sees her as a friend but she hopes she can change that. There is also some twists going on at the bakery which adds to the story but all in all this is a sweet romance. Loved Sam and Jack's characters and how things developed with them.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Jeanne Richardson
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book I've read written Lea Coll; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Gladys
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this romance. Part sweet, part cute and all fun, this book was very enjoyable. I liked the chemistry between Samantha and Jack. This friends-to-lovers story offered plenty of push-pull as Sam works overtime to get to Jack to see her as more than someone that needs to be rescued. This is my independent, voluntary review.
Elvira
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a really sweet read with a little mystery thrown in. The characters are well developed and engaging and the plot was easy to follow. I would also consider this to be a second chance romance for Jack and Sam.

Messy Bun Book Blog
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one! Ms. Baker is cute, sweet, fun and witty. The characters were likable and the plot flowed. This was a fun and easy read. I would suggest reading Ms. Lawyer before this one just so you can enjoy it to it's fullest.
Sassy Beta Reading & Review

Strong story lin
Cherie Melbourne
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me Baker

I must admit, Lea Coll's stories are sucking me right in, she keeps me wanting to read more. I'm really enjoying the characters in this series and their stories. Lea's a new author and she has me already looking forward to her next story.
Rebecca
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was intensely lovely. It was a wonderful journey this couple went on. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book in exchange for a free copy.
Candice
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sam and Jack have known each other their whole lives. Jack is always there for Sam when she needs him. She is wanting him to see her as an adult not someone who needs rescued.

« previous 1 3 next »
Lea Coll worked as a trial attorney for over ten years. Now she stays home with her three children, plotting stories while fetching snacks and running them back and forth to activities. She enjoys the freedom of writing romance after years of legal writing.

She grew up in a small town in Pennsylvania and currently resides in Maryland with her family.

For new releases, sneak peaks, and updates chec

Eastern Shore (2 books)
  • Ms. Lawyer (Eastern Shore Series #1)