Start by marking “One Cruel Night” as Want to Read:
One Cruel Night

One Cruel Night

(Cruel 0.5)

A heart-stopping sexy contemporary romance prequel to USA Today bestselling author K.A. Linde's new Cruel Trilogy.

I’d seen him in the park, writing furiously in his worn leather notebook.

Published January 7th 2019 by K.A. Linde Inc.

Christy
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
“Paris is a thief,” he said thoughtfully. “It steals a piece of your heart every time you come here.”

KA Linde brought a great introduction to Natalie and Penn’s story with One Cruel Night. After reading this, I cannot wait to see more with these two. I am intrigued!

When Natalie meets Penn, she knows he’s something special. They spend one magical night together, one she’ll never forget. Then the morning comes, and it all comes crashing down. I want to know what happened asap. I am so glad I
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

What a great way to start this new series!This is a novella and I loved it, it was fast paced and it was nice meeting Penn and Natalie!They have a great connection with passion and intensity and now I'm so ready to get more of them in Cruel Money!
Jennifer Kyle
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (1/11/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

I’d seen him in the park, writing furiously in his worn leather notebook.

He’s pure confidence, born and bred in high society with eyes like a hawk—observant, cunning, and wicked. With sensual lips and a body made to worship, he’s exquisite. A work of art.

While I’m young, innocent, and completely out of my depth.

But I’m drawn to him. Captivated by his approach. When he asks for one night
Carla Bulian
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gostei bastante desse início de série.
Vamos para o próximo!!!
Karen Mc
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!! What a bang-up book! One Cruel Night held me hostage from the very first page until the end. UNWAVERING. UNRELENTING. UNEQUIVOCALLY ADDICTING. I felt such a rush while reading! Passion and power that made me melt. My body was on fire with desire.

Penn and Natalie are perfection together, and I could feel their chemistry course through this story. It was as if they were fated to be. I can’t wait to see how the rest of their saga unfolds.

One Cruel Night is one riveting and racy ride! Pure
Cristina
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really good introduction for this series! I can’t wait to read the next book, which will go live on January 22nd! 😍
♛ Garima ♛
Rating: 3 tentative stars

Trigger:
Come on, it's romance, there are no triggers...

Short review:
I hardly read romance - contemporary romance even rarely, so I don't know what to look for for a good romance book. But, it was good palate cleanser.

Penn had taken something from me.
Something I could never reclaim.
My innocence.
Oh, how cruel it was.

Review in image/gif:

Recommended:
Probably

Aftermath: (possible spoilers)
Come on, it's romance, there is no thinking afterwards... oh wait, I am reading
Surbhi Das
" Paris is a thief," he said thoughtfully. "It steals a piece of your heart every time you come here."

3 stars for that line alone, because god knows that city owns my heart and soul. "One Cruel Night" is a prequel short story in Author, K.A Linde latest series and it just hit all the right spots for me. Also, the fact that parts of it reminded me of the movie "Before sunrise", which is like one of my favourite movies of all time, so there's that!

So looking forward to continue reading this se
Nadine Bookaholic
Free prequel available now!

ONE CRUEL NIGHT By K.A. Linde
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to come!
Julie
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoying the adventure of a lifetime, Natalie finds herself soaking up all that Paris has to offer. At the insistence of her best friend, Natalie soon engages in one last night of fun! With a party the focus of attention, Natalie can’t help but feel like no one in attendance is her ‘type’ of person. Then she discovers Penn standing on a balcony.

Natalie quickly realizes that the gentleman she has watched scribbling away in his notebook each day in the park is none other than the handsome gent st
Manoela
4 estrelas

Essa é umas história curta que dá início da história de Nate e Penny. Aqui descobrimos como eles se conheceram , vimos a intensa noite que tiveram em paris. Esse livro nem deixou querendo mais desses personagens e Ainda bem que Cruel Money está no meu Kindle me esperando para continuar a história desses dois.
Cheryl Whitty
Cruel Night is a great read on its own,but it is must read before you read Cruel Money.
This gives a chance to see how they met , and how intense their connections was.
It gives a better understanding of the actions when they meet 6 years later.
A Must Read!
Candyce Kirk
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great way to start this series. It's definitely going to be a rollercoaster! I am so grateful for my ARC of Cruel Money, so I can dive in now.
Full review to follow soon.
Avidez Literaria
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“What’s your deepest, darkest secret?” I asked on a whim. His eyes slid sideways to mine, and a clever grin spread on his lips. “You couldn’t handle that one.”

One night in Paris can be a lifechanger. A night to be someoelse, to act out of your behavior and experience new feelings. One night with him can be cruel and change your life forever.

Natalie is having a unique chance in life. On vacation with her friend in Paris, she knows that this opportunity will probably be the only one she will have
Mel
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

The night before Natalie leaves Paris, she meets Penn at a party and there’s something about him that draws her in. Natalie is fresh, sweet, and somewhat naïve, and she opens her heart to Penn who has a jaded view of love. They get each other and the walls come down. All reservations go out the window and and they end up sharing a passionate and unforgettable evening together. The next day Natalie awakes alone and with a broken heart, she’s changed forever.

One Cruel Night is a fantastic
Shelly (vixenreads)
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great setup to KA Linde’s upcoming release, Cruel Money. I enjoyed this early snippet of meeting Penn and Natalie. However, there was one BIG problem I had with the story that I couldn’t get passed. (view spoiler) ...more
Kera Gould
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn’t realize this was a prequel to this new series. So when I started this book, thinking oh my lanta, I had no idea she had a new book out, I was seriously disappointed. I didn’t understand why it just jumps you into a single evening with a few characters with no background at all. But the further I got, I just fell in love. It didn’t take very long to realize that this was just the beginning. I cannot wait to pick up Cruel Money!!!
Tammy
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, own, romance
I have a feeling that One Cruel Night is going to be the beginning of another great series by K.A. Linde.

Penn and Nat hit it off in Paris. They enjoyed touring the city of Paris together - sight seeing, eating French cuisine and just spending time with each other. Nat and Penn have instant chemistry and they spend an amazing night together, but what happens when Nat wakes up alone? I can't wait for book one to be released and to see what happens between Nat and Penn.
Caitlin Booker
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun quick Sunday read. Some super spicy scenes.
Seeshel kettler
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is gonna g to be a great series.
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
A great introduction to the Cruel Trilogy! Can't wait to read Cruel Money :)
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
It’s Natalie’s last night in Paris. When she spots the handsome mysterious stranger she has seen writing in his notebook at the park near her flat all summer, she can’t resist walking up to him even though it’s completely out of character for her and probably a bad idea.

When Penn offers her a night exploring the city, she can’t say no. He’s brooding, yet attentive and plays to Natalie’s romantic and innocent nature. Complete opposites, they seem to fit amazingly well . . .even though neither tru
Sandy S
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date January 7, 2019

I’d seen him in the park, writing furiously in his worn leather notebook.

While I’m young, innocent, and completely out of my depth.

But I’m drawn to him. Captivated by his approach. When he asks for one night, I
Diana Reeves
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ended too soon

I love reading books about Paris. It’s a bucket list item for me but I’ve been there several times in books. This time Paris was explored with Natalie and Amy who are BFF’s and are house sitting for the summer for an aunt before the girls go to college. They manage to crash a party the last night of their stay and although Amy already has a guy waiting, Natalie isn’t interested in anyone at the party until she sees an almost familiar man.
The man catches Natalies eye and stroll towa
Marina Skinner
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hands down this is an absolute favorite of 2019!
So much drama, sizzling chemistry and characters that will make you think, are they who they portray themselves to be?
I devoured this story that centers on Natalie and Penn!
Natalie is house sitting as a job and is a budding writer! Penn is the one that got away 6 years ago, or is he?
There was so much to love about this story that I was riveted to my seat/couch!
Needless to say the dilemmas surrounding Natalie, Penn and friends as well as family w
Rachael
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A new K.A. Linde series was just the way I wanted to start off 2019! And she did not fail. First announcing this new series, then giving us a prequel before the 1st book even hit the shelves, well-planned! This quick read had me shooing away my family until the last word was devoured and had me so worked up with anticipation for Cruel Money!

In One Cruel Night we meet Natalie and Penn. Penn is unlike any male character I’ve ever read. I also think I fell in love with him at first glance across th
Vera
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing

One Cruel Night is the beginning of Natalie and Penn's intense love story. And what a start!

After meeting at a party, Natalie and Penn tour Paris at night, getting to know each other. The chemistry between them is off the charts and they end up spending the night together. But is too good to be true?
  • Dirty Rich One Night Stand: Two Years Later (Dirty Rich, #7)
  • Breath of Deceit (Dublin Devils #1)
  • Burn in Your Blood (California Blood, #2)
  • A Very Important Guest
  • A Veil of Glass and Rain
  • Serenading the Shadows (Lightning Strikes #1)
  • Anton (Chicago Blaze, #1)
  • Trust (Things That Matter #1)
  • Broken Prince (Cinderella, #2)
  • King Of Hearts (Old Money Roulette #2)
  • Edge of the Past (Edge, #2)
  • Out of My League (Hope Valley #1)
  • French Kissed (International School, #3)
  • Perfect Sense (Perfect Series #1)
  • Hollywood Playboy
  • The Substitute
  • Taming Romeo (Sánchez Sisters #1)
  • Third Strike (Chances, #3)
K.A. Linde is the USA Today bestselling author of the Avoiding Series, Wrights, and more than thirty other novels. She has a Masters degree in political science from the University of Georgia, was the head campaign worker for the 2012 presidential campaign at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and served as the head coach of the Duke University dance team. She loves reading fantasy n ...more

Cruel (4 books)
  • Cruel Money (Cruel, #1)
  • Cruel Fortune (Cruel, #2)
  • Cruel Legacy (Cruel, #3)