Start by marking “One Cruel Night (Cruel, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
One Cruel Night (Cruel, #0.5)

One Cruel Night

(Cruel #0.5)

A heart-stopping sexy contemporary romance prequel to USA Today bestselling author K.A. Linde's new Cruel Trilogy.

Id seen him in the park, writing furiously in his worn leather notebook.

Published January 7th 2019 by K.A. Linde Inc.

Start your review of One Cruel Night (Cruel, #0.5)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

SEX-ON-A-STICK HERO, PENN! FREE PREQUEL!

Free prequel to trilogy
Blurb:
Id seen him in the park, writing furiously in his worn leather notebook.
Hes pure confidence, born and bred in high society with eyes like a hawkobservant, cunning, and wicked. With sensual lips and a body made to worship, hes exquisite. A work of art.
While Im young, innocent, and completely out of my depth.
But Im drawn to him. Captivated by his approach. When he asks for one
Christy
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
Paris is a thief, he said thoughtfully. It steals a piece of your heart every time you come here.

KA Linde brought a great introduction to Natalie and Penns story with One Cruel Night. After reading this, I cannot wait to see more with these two. I am intrigued!

When Natalie meets Penn, she knows hes something special. They spend one magical night together, one shell never forget. Then the morning comes, and it all comes crashing down. I want to know what happened asap. I am so glad I have
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

What a great way to start this new series!This is a novella and I loved it, it was fast paced and it was nice meeting Penn and Natalie!They have a great connection with passion and intensity and now I'm so ready to get more of them in Cruel Money!
Kayla Brunson
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good short prequel to a new series. It tells you the origin between Penn and Natalie met on her last night in Paris. It wasnt anything profound but it was a way to get you ready for this series. It feels like its going to be a rollercoaster ride and Im already in line with my ticket! Penn better have some good explanations and be ready to fight to win back Natalie!

Blog | Instagram | Twitter
Coco.V
Jan 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (1/11/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

Id seen him in the park, writing furiously in his worn leather notebook.

While Im young, innocent, and completely out of my depth.

But Im drawn to him. Captivated by his approach. When he asks for one night, I
Karen Mc
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!! What a bang-up book! One Cruel Night held me hostage from the very first page until the end. UNWAVERING. UNRELENTING. UNEQUIVOCALLY ADDICTING. I felt such a rush while reading! Passion and power that made me melt. My body was on fire with desire.

Penn and Natalie are perfection together, and I could feel their chemistry course through this story. It was as if they were fated to be. I cant wait to see how the rest of their saga unfolds.

One Cruel Night is one riveting and racy ride! Pure
SyaSya Syed Nasir
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: english-books
Again, I've been listening to the audio book because I've been curious to what has happened tp them 6 years ago. As you all know, I've listened to the first book. So, afterwards, I went to this book. Hahaha, can't avoid being curious. But, will write the review soon in my blog.
Snow
May 06, 2019 added it
okay...for a novella, it had prospect as it ended in a cliffy...so I jumped into the book 1 immediately

Two unlikey people met at the party wanting smth different or just being themselves, away from the prying eyes, judgements and such...and they clicked, emotionally, mentally...add a little spart and their chemistry hit the roof...

they spend the night together in a bliss, only to be brutally parted by his leaving, without a word, witout a single note, nothing...
Cristina
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really good introduction for this series! I cant wait to read the next book, which will go live on January 22nd! 😍 ...more
♛ Garima ♛
Rating: 3 tentative stars

Trigger:
Come on, it's romance, there are no triggers...

Short review:
I hardly read romance - contemporary romance even rarely, so I don't know what to look for for a good romance book. But, it was good palate cleanser.

Penn had taken something from me.
Something I could never reclaim.
My innocence.
Oh, how cruel it was.

Review in image/gif:

Recommended:
Probably

Aftermath: (possible spoilers)
Come on, it's romance, there is no thinking afterwards... oh wait, I am reading
Shyralf
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
3 ⭐⭐⭐ 1/2 Stars! Looks like a good start to very interesting series. I want to read more of it. ...more
Nadine Bookaholic
Free prequel available now!

ONE CRUEL NIGHT By K.A. Linde
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to come!
Julie
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoying the adventure of a lifetime, Natalie finds herself soaking up all that Paris has to offer. At the insistence of her best friend, Natalie soon engages in one last night of fun! With a party the focus of attention, Natalie cant help but feel like no one in attendance is her type of person. Then she discovers Penn standing on a balcony.

Natalie quickly realizes that the gentleman she has watched scribbling away in his notebook each day in the park is none other than the handsome gent
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

Talk about a hook you in TEASE!! Natalie and Penn meet one night in Paris. Spend an AMAZING night together only to be split apart by mysterious forces. I can't wait to find out what happens next!!

This specific video review will be included in the May 2019 wrap-up.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.

(Review may be edited at a later date.)
Lisa Aiello
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Definitely fluff. But darn good, engaging writing. And the start to what is bound to be a bit of angst filled romance. Our h loses her virginity in a fun filled last night in Paris. She is swept off her feet. But in the morning he is gone, from his own home and she is shown the door by the maid. Six years later...they meet again.
Cheryl Whitty
Cruel Night is a great read on its own,but it is must read before you read Cruel Money.
This gives a chance to see how they met , and how intense their connections was.
It gives a better understanding of the actions when they meet 6 years later.
A Must Read!
Candyce Kirk
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great way to start this series. It's definitely going to be a rollercoaster! I am so grateful for my ARC of Cruel Money, so I can dive in now.
Full review to follow soon.
Surbhi Das
" Paris is a thief," he said thoughtfully. "It steals a piece of your heart every time you come here."

3 stars for that line alone, because god knows that city owns my heart and soul. "One Cruel Night" is a prequel short story in Author, K.A Linde latest series and it just hit all the right spots for me. Also, the fact that parts of it reminded me of the movie "Before sunrise", which is like one of my favourite movies of all time, so there's that!

So looking forward to continue reading this
Tammy
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, own, kindle
I have a feeling that One Cruel Night is going to be the beginning of another great series by K.A. Linde.

Penn and Nat hit it off in Paris. They enjoyed touring the city of Paris together - sight seeing, eating French cuisine and just spending time with each other. Nat and Penn have instant chemistry and they spend an amazing night together, but what happens when Nat wakes up alone? I can't wait for book one to be released and to see what happens between Nat and Penn.
Avidez Literaria
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whats your deepest, darkest secret? I asked on a whim. His eyes slid sideways to mine, and a clever grin spread on his lips. You couldnt handle that one.

One night in Paris can be a lifechanger. A night to be someoelse, to act out of your behavior and experience new feelings. One night with him can be cruel and change your life forever.

Natalie is having a unique chance in life. On vacation with her friend in Paris, she knows that this opportunity will probably be the only one she will have to get
Cynema
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
IT ALL STARTED ON A PARK BENCH IN PARIS yes, author had me at Paris

Paris is a thief It steals a piece of your heart every time you come here."

Two strangers. Both American. One perfect night in Paris. A young man and a coed cross paths a magical night. NATALIE (18) is on the last night of fully experiencing the City of Lights with her best friend before starting college when she runs into an enigmatic guy shes frequently seen in the park. In a romantic night that she will never forget, they
Mel
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

The night before Natalie leaves Paris, she meets Penn at a party and theres something about him that draws her in. Natalie is fresh, sweet, and somewhat naïve, and she opens her heart to Penn who has a jaded view of love. They get each other and the walls come down. All reservations go out the window and and they end up sharing a passionate and unforgettable evening together. The next day Natalie awakes alone and with a broken heart, shes changed forever.

One Cruel Night is a fantastic
Shelly | The Mockingbird Reads
This was a great setup to KA Lindes upcoming release, Cruel Money. I enjoyed this early snippet of meeting Penn and Natalie. However, there was one BIG problem I had with the story that I couldnt get passed. (view spoiler) ...more
Kera (featherboundbooks)
I didnt realize this was a prequel to this new series. So when I started this book, thinking oh my lanta, I had no idea she had a new book out, I was seriously disappointed. I didnt understand why it just jumps you into a single evening with a few characters with no background at all. But the further I got, I just fell in love. It didnt take very long to realize that this was just the beginning. I cannot wait to pick up Cruel Money!!! ...more
Marisela Chavez
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Wow! This was my first book by this author and I absolutely glad I picked it up. I enjoyed the story between Natalie and Penn so much. One night in Paris in the city of love. He gave her one night and showed her all the great places and so much more. I dont want to give anything away but I absolutely enjoyed everything about this story. And then that ending I cant wait to see what happens next.
Jackie Lane
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a great set up book for the coming trilogy.

I found myself intrigued about the characters and wanting to know where the story will take them as I'm sure they will somehow meet in the following book.

As the book begins in Paris, we are moving back to the States.

Natalie, a wanna be English major has a one night stand with Penn and before she wakes, he's gone after a phone call from home. She doesn't know his name since he wanted the night to be anonymous.

Where will the story go?
Sunny (Kindles & Wine Book Blog)
Penn and Natalie's spark provided a great opener to the Cruel Money series. I enjoyed the prequel in audiobook and can't wait to get the full series underway. There is a tremendous amount of potential for each of their characters and I want to know more about them both!

Note: I received a review copy of this title courtesy of the audiobook publisher, Tantor.
Caitlin Booker
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun quick Sunday read. Some super spicy scenes.
Seeshel kettler
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is gonna g to be a great series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Maryse's Book Blo...: *Extra Credit BOOM Thread* ~ One Cruel Night 2/27/19 28 12 Feb 28, 2019 10:55AM

• Sweet Liar (Dirty Sweet, #1)
  • Luck of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #2)
  • Sweet Fate (Dirty Sweet, #2)
  • Heart of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #3)
  • When August Ends
  • The Two Week Arrangement (Penthouse Affair, #1)
  • Seven Nights of Sin (Penthouse Affair, #2)
  • Million Dollar Devil (Million Dollar, #1)
  • Hollywood Playboy
  • Filthy Vows (Filthy Vows, #1)
  • We Shouldn't
  • Black Sheep (Dirty Mafia Duet, #1)
  • Arranged
  • Resist (Wicked Ways, #1)
  • Deal with the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #1)
  • The Trouble with Love
  • The Wrong Gentleman
  • All Grown Up
K.A. Linde is the USA Today bestselling author of the Avoiding Series, Wrights, and more than thirty other novels. She has a Masters degree in political science from the University of Georgia, was the head campaign worker for the 2012 presidential campaign at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and served as the head coach of the Duke University dance team. She loves reading fantasy ...more

Cruel (3 books)
  • Cruel Money (Cruel, #1)
  • Cruel Fortune (Cruel, #2)
  • Cruel Legacy (Cruel, #3)

News & Interviews