Start by marking “The Complete Retrieval Duet (The Retrieval Duet)” as Want to Read:
The Complete Retrieval Duet (The Retrieval Duet)

The Complete Retrieval Duet

(The Retrieval Duet)

After a mix-up at the fertility clinic, two couples are forever changed when their lives suddenly collide.

"The Retrieval Duet is an emotionally-gripping, twisty ride punctuated by intense chemistry and the hottest alpha male I've read in ages!" -New York Times Bestselling Author Meghan March

RETRIEVAL
One date.
That was all it took for me to know Elisabeth was my soul ma
Published February 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Retrieval Duet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Retrieval Duet

NARRATORS: Andi Arndt, Jason Carpenter, Maxine Mitchell
LENGTH: 12 hrs and 50 mins
STAR RATING: ★★★★★

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

She does it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. With every book Aly Martinez gives us she brings something new to the table. The Retrieval Duet is no different.

I had the chance to listen to the audiobook of THE RETRIEVAL DUET - the narration was amazing in the first book. I love Andi Arndt and
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
There’s something to be said about going into a book blind. It’s exciting, thrilling, and often leads me to heightened emotions. That’s exactly what happened in this case. I knew I loved the author’s writing and style, so why not? I’m so happy I did.

I was slapped in the face by all the feels and loved every single second of it. I messaged everyone who would listen to me rant about my impending demise from being overcome by emotions. It was the most fun I’ve had while reading in a long while!!

I’m
Ari
3 I kinda don't wanna do this stars

Ahh I'm so torn about this book tbh! Don't get me wrong, Aly Martinez is my unicorn author, but there are things that even I don't like. Especially when it comes to this story. And I listened to the audiobook version of it, and Andi Arndt, Maxine Mitchell and Jason Carpenter are bloody fantastic. I couldn't put this down.

But still fact remains that I did rate it low.

And since this book is broken down in two, I'll do the same with this review as well. Let's be
 B.E.Love
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars. I really liked this book but I have to admit I felt bad for Elisabeth.
Isha Coleman
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Audiobook Review: The Complete Retrieval Duet By: Aly Martinez (Author), Andi Arndt (Narrator), Maxine Mitchell (Narrator), Jason Carpenter (Narrator)

It starts with the unexpected, dives into the heartbreaking and finds it's way to inspiring. Martinez brings the tale of two mothers, the mistake that connects them and the drama that shadows their heartbreak. The Retrieval Duet is the voice of a mother's love and the sacrifices she'll make to protect that most precious of gifts. Two women learn ab
Natasha
WOW, just wow. This book was beyond what I thought it was going to be. The love that Roman and ElisaBeth have is a test of time, but sometimes time can be the issue. They experience so much loss and emotions that they end up apart and yet still loving each other. Now years past something changes them and gives them something they were not anticipating.
The emotions for any couple that have experienced miscarriages, IVF and then the loss, can really test ones stability and love. This book is beau
Ariadna Basulto
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This audiobook is magnificent! Aly Martinez has blown me away with her incredible storytelling and absolutely gut-wrenching and heartbreaking story. Twisty, sexy, touching, and completely unforgettable. Elizabeth and Roman’s romance and journey is all things devastating and beautiful. Their chemistry was intense, vibrant, and utterly palpable. I couldn’t stop listening to their story even while being buried alive in feels. And I loved every single second of it. This story is simply perfection an ...more
Frances
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s, audible
I'm new to the audible world, but this one reeled me and never let me go from the get go!
Sometimes it's hard to feel the characters,but the narration paired with this story was perfect. The story is completely heartbreaking in more ways than one, but Aly Martinez brings light to a terrible situation.
I wish this story could go on and on! I loved the characters and story line. I only wish for more!
Jessica Alcazar
The Complete Retrieval Duet: Top Read of 2016

Retrieval:

As you know, this is part one of a duet. However, the word duet means something complete different than what it normally does. You see normally, this would mean the story that began in book one would continue to book two for a happy ending. Well, surprise LOL because what duet REALLY means is we have two separate stories connected by a very small degrees. But those degrees are EVERYTHING!

Retrieval is very much the story of Roman and Elisabet
Erica S.
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I listened to the audio book of this duet.. The narrators were great. You could feel every emotion through their voices. They did a wonderful job telling us this story.

Retrieval: 4 Stars

Elisabeth & Roman are divorced but the love it still there. They don't see each other for a couple years and when they finally do, they get news that turns their world upside down. My heart broke for Elisabeth and all she went through. I could not imagine what I would do if I were her and was dealt the hand
Bridgett
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: buy-paperback
5 stars aren't enough for this duet!

Retrieval

Unique, memorable, amazing, emotional and thrilling are just a few words that come to mind when I think of Retrieval. So many of the books I read anymore just blend together because their storylines are similar in some way. It’s not that they’re bad by any means but they just don’t stand out or have their own individual “wow-factor”. Not Retrieval…I won’t have any problems remembering this story for quite some time! It’s heartbreaking and intense an
Lynn Reynolds
I have not had the pleasure to read any works by Ms. Martinez. After I started listening to this duet I was mentally hitting my head against a wall. Now that I’ve listened to her books, and having had such great narrators, I don’t know how I’ll ever pick up a book.

One great thing about having someone read to you is that they can put in emotions that the characters need to get across to the reader. I don’t know about you but I tend to read in monotone – one good reason I’m not the one telling the
Wendy LeGrand
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Retrieval was my first Aly Martinez book but it definitely won't be my last. I knew from reading the blurb that this book would be filled with so many emotions and feels, but I wasn't prepared for what I would experience while reading it. The initial feelings of loss, heartbreak and hopelessness consumed me just reading the prologue.

This story kept me on the edge of my seat, not only because of the storyline itself and what was unravelling before me on the pages, but because of the thoughts and
Patty
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I loaded this book, I thought since it's going to be a long one! But to my surprise, I was so taken in, the time flew by, and I couldn't get enough. This story starts with Elisabeth and Roman with their journey to parenthood with infertility. Even divorced, this couple has intrinsic chemistry and with the revelation that their eggs may have been mixed up with someone else's, they go to track down their possible child. Claire is married to a monster, but she survives every day to keep her da ...more
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was not ready. I don't know why I wasn't; I should've been considering that the topic is about infertility and marriage and whenever those are discussed, books tend to delve into deep deep waters. But I was NOT READY! From the agony of infertility and loss and the toll it can take on even the healthiest, most loving relationships (the angle of Retrieval), to the damage of emotional, physical, and mental abuse (one of the major plot points in Transfer) - I was able to experience emotions that I ...more
Liz
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I listened to The Retrieval Duet by Aly Martinez and was totally consumed with the story. It was emotional, angst-filled and captivating from the very first words to the last! I could not stop listening! The narrators, Andi Arndt, Maxine Mitchell and Jason Carpenter, were absolutely amazing! This audio contains the complete duet, which includes Retrieval and Transfer, and I loved having both books at one time!

First and foremost, I have to say you need to go in without any spoilers. This story j
Aimee Crant-oksa
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Complete Retrieval Duet by Aly Martinez was my first read by this author. The story was well written, suspenseful and full of emotion. I listened to this story, and thought the narrators did a good job of portraying the characters. I was hooked on the story, and couldn't stop listening. I loved the first half which was more of Elizabeth and Roman's story. The second focused more on Claire and Heath.
I gave it 4.5 stars as I had trouble with the author's decision to not fully address
Kari Hansen
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Roman and Elisabeth recognized they were soulmates almost from the moment they met each other and they thought nothing could come between them. When tragedy strikes, they were unable to handle the stress it put on their marriage, but it was a never that they didn’t love one another. Two years later life throws them a curveball and this time Roman is not going to let anything or anyone come between them.

Clare has endured so much to protect those she loves and has finally escaped. She has found tr
Jessica Moro
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this as an audiobook and i loved it! I was on the edge of my seat with the plot. I had preconceived notions about this book and I was totally wrong. It kept me guessing and I was enthralled by the narrators. There's narrators for all four main characters and they were so good! The narrators made that story come alive, I felt like I was right in the middle of all the action. I remembered why I love Aly Martinez books so much, the suspense is done just right! I didn't think the plot ...more
Lovinghotbooks1
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, audible
*AUDIO BOOK REVIEW:This is a review based on the audio book*

This is the second audiobook from this author I’ve listened to and like the first it’s so great that I could have listened forever.

The writing style is easygoing and is filled with passion and feelings.
Main characters are strong and made realistic by their actions and dialogues.
I particularly liked that the author mixed 2 couples in this story.
The suspense is agonising, I always have a feeling something is going to happen and it’s drawn
Lori DeSisto-Sarat
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
***Listened to Audiobook ***

Words fail me in expressing the way I feel about this audiobook. It has everything, it is everything. My heart beat double time in listening to this amazingly heart wrenching book. No one and nothing is as you expect it to be. Strong alpha males and even stronger willful females carry this book into my heart where it shall stay. The love for each of these couples in awe inspiring.
Everything about this audiobook is impeccable, the writing the narration the beginning t
Lori Shankle
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was completely blown away with this audio book. I listened to and read equal parts of this book. The narrations were so spot on it was like listening to the story directly from the characters mouths. The story just came alive! I was so into in this that I could not put it down and completed listening/reading in just one sitting. Be ready with the Kleenex because you will surely need them. I definitely recommend this book.
Bewaji
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So Good....

The duet is the story of two couples, Roman and Elisabeth, Heath/Luke and Claire. The story was about romance, angst, suspense, and darkness, above all triumph of good over evil.
I love it...
Pam
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I completely enjoyed this unique story that the duet brings us. There are so many different levels to the characters and the story, you will find yourself pulled right in. I listened to the duet in audio form and found myself looking for excuses for alone time to listen.
Ⓑookish Ⓞne
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 ⭐ Retrieval (Roman & Elizabeth)
4 ⭐ Transfer (Heath & Clare)
Kia Bunby
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great couple of books made into one! I loved the angst, the love, the hate.. absolutely all of it!
April
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

A heartfelt emotional journey of pain,sacrifice,strength and love. Beautifully written,with characters that will stay with you long after the story is over.
Sara (sarabara081)
Mar 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Between 3 and 3.5 I think.
Interesting story and I liked that parts kept me on my toes. I think I enjoyed the first story more. Definitely have to suspend some disbelief but overall enjoyed.
Charlene
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Retrieval a tad bit more.
These were good books, but sometimes I not so sure I like all the violence in them.
I did read the Course books, and for the most part enjoyed those.
Mindi
Mar 18, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five- including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.

The Retrieval Duet (2 books)
  • Retrieval (The Retrieval Duet, #1)
  • Transfer (The Retrieval Duet, #2)