Start by marking “Be Gay Do Crime” as Want to Read:
Be Gay Do Crime

Be Gay Do Crime

Among the discordant chorus of anons who penned the defining texts of the queer anarchist network Bash Back!, none was more fervent in its glorification of criminal desire, decadent hedonism, and social undoing than the Milwaulkee-based Mary Nardini Gang. Their fiery “Towards the Queerest Insurrection” still circulates as an integral manifesto of riotous queerness, while ...more
125 pages
Published 2018 by Contagion Press

To ask other readers questions about Be Gay Do Crime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be Gay Do Crime

Start your review of Be Gay Do Crime
baby
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
fucking incredible. the best anarchist shit. lots of crying, lots of being ready to riot like literally right now, a not insignificant amount of salivating.
CONTESTATION
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it
The two stars omitted above don’t properly reflect my appreciation of the Mary Nardini Gang, as their writings have been an integral part of articulating an anti-political, criminal queerness that, herein and elsewhere, rarely fails to excite me. Qualifiers aside, I was a little disappointed to find that this thin volume includes many texts which heads for this kind of queer nihilism will almost certainly have come across before. The gang’s seminal document, Toward the Queerest Insurrection, ...more
Vivienne DiFiore
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
[to review]
Black Spring
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
in the parlance of our times, you already know what it is.

i have proliferated the texts contained in this collection for a decade and i shall continue to do so for many more, no matter how many friends i lose, no matter how lacking the affinity from supposed "comrades."

what we do in life echoes in eternity.

nothing is over.
Erik Caswell
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Wow. So many dog ears. I feel simultaneously implicated inspired relieved reviled amused & amassed with a great deal of conflict at everything I’ve just read. Queer anarchist writing theories essays on the need for insurrection, a commitment to the world that’s becoming rather than the world that is & its tyrannical normalcy. How, in these pages, justice looks like punching the fag basher squarely in the jaw and/or setting the murderer’s house on fire with him inside it. My privilege ...more
Melissa
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think it's a weird thing to say, but after reading this I felt less lonely. That my queerness is a political statement is clear to me. I know others who have been clear on that longer than I have, but somehow there is a separation I never quite know how to get past. Maybe it's awkwardness, maybe it's just my own non-neurotypical brain. I dunno. But I loved it. I think its my new wholly writ.
D.W. Miller
Someone came up to me on the street while I was reading this and asked me if it was a joke. I didn't know how to respond. Absolutely not, but also, kind of, yes?

I told them "no." They looked confused and offended as they walked off. Then I saw them turn and walk into a bank.

In short: this book was good, but I had already read all of the pieces in it elsewhere. Not sure who this is for, as I assume most people who will actually pick it up will have the same experience I did.
Lydia
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m fully aware of the irony of rating an anarchist manifesto on a website owned by Amazon, an enemy of everything the book preaches. But damn this is a good read.
Contagion Press
Rambling Reader
Mar 26, 2019

• Xenofeminism: A Politics for Alienation
  • The Faggots & Their Friends Between Revolutions
  • Capitalist Realism: Is There No Alternative?
  • Movement for No Society
  • Octavia's Brood: Science Fiction Stories from Social Justice Movements
  • Above the Arch
  • Emergent Strategy: Shaping Change, Changing Worlds
  • Bullshit Jobs: A Theory
  • Swordspoint (Riverside, #1)
  • Discipline and Punish: The Birth of the Prison
  • How the World Swung to the Right: Fifty Years of Counterrevolutions
  • The Otherworlds Review
  • The Unreal and the Real: Selected Stories, Volume One: Where on Earth (The Unreal and the Real, #1)
  • Dirty River: A Queer Femme of Color Dreaming Her Way Home
  • The Revolution Starts at Home: Confronting Intimate Violence Within Activist Communities
  • Mindplayers